PDA

View Full Version : Suns welcome the "no chance" talk

djohn2oo8
05-13-2010, 08:03 AM
The scent of disrespect must have hitched a ride on the Los Angeles-to-Phoenix jet stream. No one at Suns practice Wednesday was surprised by the heavy favoritism of the Lakers in the Western Conference finals.

The latest came from Bill Plaschke, a Los Angeles Times columnist and ESPN personality who wrote Monday after the Lakers swept Utah that "the Phoenix Suns have no chance."Ouch."We love comments like that," Suns guard Jason Richardson said. "We invite comments like that." Since you asked . . .

None of this is coming from the Lakers, by the way. It's from everywhere else, including a vocal LA fan base and much of the national media, which is convinced the Lakers are too big and too talented to bow to the Suns. Against the Jazz, "the Lakers were everything the Suns are not," wrote Plaschke.

"Joe Blachke?" Channing Frye asked. No, Bill Plaschke, a talented writer and longtime friend. Doesn't mean I can't use his words as bait.

The Lakers played big. Even with Andrew Bynum tied behind their back, they played big. Phil Jackson whistle big. Lamar Odom smile big.

Phoenix is not big. Amar'e Stoudemire averaged 20 points and nine rebounds against the Lakers this season, but he has little banging help inside.

"It's Stoudemire and Frye ... is it Frye?" (Ron) Artest asked.
"It's all good," Frye said. "I don't care what anybody says ever. If it was up to everybody, we wouldn't even be in the playoffs. . . . They can say whatever they want. They still got to play us and he's gonna know my name by the end of the series."

You know (the Suns) were watching (Monday's Game 4 victory over Utah). But their star Steve (http://spurstalk.com/forums/#) Nash could only witness it on television with one eye shut. I saw it in person with 19,000 surprised fans screaming. Trust me, little dude, it was harsher than it looked.[/color]

"I'm not sure what he means," Nash said. "Little dude? I didn't even see the game. I was doing something with my girls and then I actually fell asleep at 7 because I didn't sleep when I got home from San Antonio.
"We've been counted out since last year. I don't know how my teammates feel but to me, I'm oblivious to it, really. . . . I don't really have time to think about what other people's opinions are."

On to Phoenix, where the competition will be more furious, but the outcome will be the same. Lakers in five.

"People were saying the same thing going into the San Antonio series," Grant Hill said. "Some were even saying the same thing going into Portland. I think we kind of like it. We kind of like the fact that we're underdogs. . . . That kind of motivates us.
"So thank you, Bill."

Yeah, not much strength there, it will basically be Stoudemire matched against Gasol, Odom and the rested knee of Bynum, and it won't even be close. Monday was about muscle, and for all their newfound tenacity, the Suns still don't have that muscle.

"Everybody has the right to their opinion," Stoudemire said.
"We just have to stay focused on what our goals are. It doesn't bother me at all. I tell you what it does. It allows us to focus in on what we have to do better and makes us want to win that much more."
Before watching the Lakers take the court against the Utah Jazz for the fourth game of a 3-0 playoff series Monday, I figured the ensuing Western Conference finals would be a regular Nash pit.
I figured wrong. The Phoenix Suns have no chance.

"We have a lot of respect for them and their history," Suns coach Alvin Gentry said. "But you've got to understand. We don't have fear of anyone."Touche.This series is going to be fun.It is tipoff yet?

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/05/12/20100512phoenix-suns-los-angeles-lakers-favored.html#ixzz0noX6LcsT

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/05/12/20100512phoenix-suns-los-angeles-lakers-favored.html#ixzz0noWni8ld

[/color]

Muser
05-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Suns have flown underneath everyone's radar, props to them.

Trainwreck2100
05-13-2010, 08:14 AM
we'll see how long that bravado lasts when they are playing a team not ranked in the bottom half of the conference po standings

Phillip
05-13-2010, 09:49 AM
no chance only because Stern wont allow it

Brazil
05-13-2010, 10:03 AM
I smell blood, this Frye guy is going to do something stupid

Giuseppe
05-13-2010, 10:03 AM
They need a reason? They need motivation? They need a cause?

At O & 41, they shouldn't.

nkdlunch
05-13-2010, 10:13 AM
come on. wake up. As much as I'd like to see the Suns win this one. They won't. Lakers are a lock to the finals to go and lose to the East champ.

z0sa
05-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Why "welcome" it? You're not fired up enough already?

Killakobe81
05-13-2010, 11:06 AM
LOL much ado about nothing ...
Lakers win! but it wont be easy ...

Hmm national media picks DEFENDING champs vs. habitual playoff under-achievers ...Wow, that makes No sense!!!! ...

The Gemini Method
05-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Channing Frye already being bold? Pretty heady stuff for a 6'10 guy who sticks around the perimeter for the majority of his minutes. I trust that the Lakers' staff is taking the Suns serious and leaving the grandstanding to us fans. Still, I don't assume this series is a lock and I hope the Lakers don't either.

SomeCallMeTim
05-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Suns have flown underneath everyone's radar, props to them.

You know who else flew under everyone else's radar?

Amelia Earhart.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Ken Lay also flew under everyone's radar and in the process bukkaked the entire state of California.

The Gemini Method
05-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Ken Lay also flew under everyone's radar and in the process bukkaked the entire state of California.

Hey, just give us your water and you reside in your 1070 state...thank you very much.

Giuseppe
05-13-2010, 11:39 AM
So, Duncan, are you still pickin' my Lakers?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Hey, just give us your water and you reside in your 1070 state...thank you very much.

lol Enron
lol ruined economy
lol power shortage
lol forest fire Enron wouldn't let you put out
lol Ken Lay
lol electing a retarded Austrian actor as governor
lol LA

Cubby - Nothing has changed my mind recently, so yeah, I'm picking your Lakers.

lefty
05-13-2010, 11:45 AM
The Lakers' frontline will destroy the Suns

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 11:48 AM
The Lakers' frontline will destroy the Suns

Really? Enlighten me with more breathtaking knowledge Mr. Basketball.

lefty
05-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Duh

Tell me how the Suns's frontline is going to handle the Gasol-Bynum-Odom line

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Duh

Tell me how the Suns's frontline is going to handle the Gasol-Bynum-Odom line

Wow, god damn you're dense.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 11:50 AM

Do Canadians not know what sarcasm is?

lefty
05-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Do Canadians not know what sarcasm is?
No

Canadians are very uptight

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 11:52 AM
breaking news everyone!!!!

The Lakers front line is going to dominate the undersized Phoenix Suns!!! You heard it here first!!!!

lefty
05-13-2010, 11:53 AM

The Lakers front line is going to dominate the undersized Phoenix Suns!!! You heard it here first!!!!

Wow cool thanks :toast

Brazil
05-13-2010, 11:57 AM

:lol Dok has a point lefty...

Nevertheless Go Suns Go !

Suns bench is going to dominate Lakers bench you heard it here first

lefty
05-13-2010, 12:02 PM
:lol Dok has a point lefty...

Nevertheless Go Suns Go !

Suns bench is going to dominate Lakers bench you heard it here first

Hey I couldn't tell wether he was being sarcastic or just buutthurt

Because he is butthurt most of the time:lol

benefactor
05-13-2010, 12:32 PM
I give the Suns about a 20% chance of winning the series.

Giuseppe
05-13-2010, 12:39 PM
I have that fork at the ready, Bene.

tee, hee.

benefactor
05-13-2010, 12:55 PM
It's already sharp and should go in swiftly.

pauls931
05-13-2010, 03:37 PM
I give the Suns about a 20% chance of winning the series.

If that happened, I bet CA would break off and sink into the Pacific.

Greg Oden
05-13-2010, 03:48 PM
If that happened, I bet CA would break off and sink into the Pacific.

Fucking classles suns fan :cry

21_Blessings
05-13-2010, 03:50 PM
I give the Suns about a 20% chance to win more than 1 game. It's going 5 max.

I'm not surprised the Suns are in the WCF either. I said as much a few months ago when they were basically the only team in the West playing well.

BUMP
05-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Lefty's 1 liners are pure gold

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Don't say that, he thinks you're serious.

TheMACHINE
05-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Don't say that, he thinks you're serious.

its a simple solution...just type /sarcasm everytime you chat with him. :lol

crc21209
05-13-2010, 06:17 PM
come on. wake up. As much as I'd like to see the Suns win this one. They won't. Lakers are a lock to the finals to go and lose to the East champ.

Yup....:tu

Ghazi
05-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Lakers frontline is an overrated advantage. Odom has been casper all playoffs, and Glassnum is a bum. Yes, Gasol is a problem though.

For the Suns, I say there's bigger matchup issues. I just dont see them defending Kobe well... the Lakers are excellent defending the 3-PT line which is a big part of the Suns offense... and I can see Richardson fading into irrelevancy due to the best defensive wing tandem in the league. also, 6 rebound ecstasy is a bum who will vanish.

So really, it's not just "OHHH THE LAKERS ARE TOO BIG"... its a bunch of other shit.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Ghazi you wanna talk about bums who vanish:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200606150MIA.html

21_Blessings
05-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Hopefully Dirk opts out and signs with the Lakers for the MLE next year. He'd make a great 3rd fiddle behind Kobe and Pau. And he can finally experience what it feels like to be a champion.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Hopefully Dirk opts out and signs with the Lakers for the MLE next year. He'd make a great 3rd fiddle behind Kobe and Pau. And he can finally experience what it feels like to be a champion.

You know Ghazi would become a Lakers fan then right?

Ghazi
05-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Dirk aint takin no paycut. Hes gettin the same contract extension Kobe got and is gonna get paired with Lebron.

Like I said 21 youre welcome to come to Big D... party gonna make Cali look like Iowa :lobt: :lobt: :danceclub

21_Blessings
05-13-2010, 07:04 PM
You know Ghazi would become a Lakers fan then right?

I'm use to bandwagon faggots hoping on the Lake Show. But I'll sleep soundly knowing Ghazi would then jump off once Dirk retires.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
When Lebron doesn't go to Dallas are you gonna go back to whining about the shots George Hill hit when he was open or are you gonna develop a new thing to be a broken record about?

Ghazi
05-13-2010, 07:11 PM
lol DoK tryin to call me out for bein a player fan... shit son bein a player fans betta than bein a playa HATA.

Lebron, Dirk, it dont matta. Im gonna be too coked up :danceclub 'ing while the Mavs pile up the :lobt: :lobt: :lobt:

badfish22
05-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Ghazi you wanna talk about bums who vanish:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200606150MIA.html

:lmao

Oh shit he posted a link to game 4!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 07:16 PM
lol DoK tryin to call me out for bein a bandwagon fan...

fify

Greg Oden
05-13-2010, 07:18 PM
DOK has transformed into such a badass since the Suns became "legit".

Show me the way :worthy:

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 07:18 PM
DOK has transformed into such a badass since the Suns became "legit".

Show me the way :worthy:

No, I'm just talking shit to Ghazi for being an idiot.

Greg Oden
05-13-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm use to bandwagon faggots hoping on the Lake Show. But I'll sleep soundly knowing Ghazi would then jump off once Dirk retires.

Of course you are, since you're a prime example of one yourself.

lol backdoor sweeping the C's in 08

Ghazi
05-13-2010, 07:19 PM
nigga us Mavs fans the realest fans out there... we go through the heartbreaks of untimely injuries, luck shots, bad officiating, inept front office, inept coaches.. we could say fuck it and cheer for the spurs/lakers/celtics...but im still here, I follow these boys into the gate of hell... 60-22... 22-60 dont matta to me.

but ill admit, bouts to be a bunch of W's in Big D... and a few of these :lobt: :lobt: :lobt:

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2010, 07:21 PM
nigga us Mavs fans the realest fans out there... we go through the heartbreaks of untimely injuries, luck shots, bad officiating, inept front office, inept coaches.. we could say fuck it and cheer for the spurs/lakers/celtics...but im still here, I follow these boys into the gate of hell... 60-22... 22-60 dont matta to me.

but ill admit, bouts to be a bunch of W's in Big D... and a few of these :lobt: :lobt: :lobt:

There's a difference between a Dirk fan and a Mavs fan.

Greg Oden
05-13-2010, 07:23 PM

Rollllllllllllllllllll Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

Ghazi
05-13-2010, 07:25 PM
There's a difference between a Dirk fan and a Mavs fan.

cant be one with out the other homeboy. :lobt2: :danceclub :smokin