PDA

View Full Version : What owner in their right mind would hire Mike Brown after that pathetic move..

florige
05-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Seriously what would his excuse be when the GM asked why did you decide to tank your LAST game of the season with 30+ seconds left? Hell I know it is college, but Duke came back from 10 points down with under a minute to beat MD a few years back wtf?!

KidCongo
05-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Both GM and coach will be gone IMO.

peskypesky
05-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Mike who?

ffadicted
05-13-2010, 10:22 PM
If Tmac could do it...

sribb43
05-13-2010, 10:37 PM
He makes Rick Carlisle look like Phil Jackson

DJ Mbenga
05-13-2010, 10:45 PM
i think even pop wouldnt hire him back as assistant coach

sook
05-13-2010, 10:50 PM
hes more of a cheerleader, we've all known it for a LONG ASS TIME. This is nothing new.

florige
05-13-2010, 11:30 PM
hes more of a cheerleader, we've all known it for a LONG ASS TIME. This is nothing new.

I understand he probably sucks as a coach. But to let your guys just pretty much mail it in when you are under single digits in what is your last game of the season is inexcusable. I mean damn, how did he know Boston would make every free throw? So basically his theory is if it isn't a one possession game under a minute then just mail it in screw it.

JoeTait75
05-13-2010, 11:35 PM
to let your guys just pretty much mail it in when you are under single digits

"Let your guys?" Did you watch the last three games of the series? They'd tuned him out COMPLETELY.

It doesn't matter. He's gonzo anyway. But you watch, someone will hire him.

VBM
05-13-2010, 11:50 PM
i think even pop wouldnt hire him back as assistant coach

He has "corporate knowledge." That's almost as good as being able to space the floor. Pop would bring him back in a heartbeat.

jacobdrj
05-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Just because you are a bad HC doesn't mean you are a bad assistant. Look at Rod Marenelli, Mike Martz, and Marty Morningwheg.

florige
05-14-2010, 01:26 AM
"Let your guys?" Did you watch the last three games of the series? They'd tuned him out COMPLETELY.

It doesn't matter. He's gonzo anyway. But you watch, someone will hire him.

I was just listening to ESPN radio and the theory is Lebron & Co were unhappy with the offensive game plan. So basically he pulled a Kobe and stopped caring after game 3, and wasn't aggressive as he should have been?

florige
05-14-2010, 01:33 AM
Just because you are a bad HC doesn't mean you are a bad assistant. Look at Rod Marenelli, Mike Martz, and Marty Morningwheg.

Assistant. But not as a head coach. MB just seems to be one of those coaches who happened to be in the right situation at the right time. Lebron's star power is far beyond a coach like Brown's. PJ, GP and probably Larry Brown could pulll it off for another year, but not Mike Brown.

JoeTait75
05-14-2010, 01:37 AM
I was just listening to ESPN radio and the theory is Lebron & Co were unhappy with the offensive game plan. So basically he pulled a Kobe and stopped caring after game 3, and wasn't aggressive as he should have been?

There is precedent. LeBron and Larry Hughes staged essentially a two-man strike against MB's offensive gameplan at one point during the 2005-06 season, forcing MB into a compromise: do what you want offensively as long as you buy in defensively.

It was doomed to fail for MB. He had to be LeBron's caddy and the FO over-compensated for MB's offensive shortcomings and undermined their defense by getting scorers who couldn't guard anyone. It just didn't work.

newacc
05-14-2010, 01:50 AM
https://www.cartoongallery.com/Webstore/images/P/45045.jpg

Every time I watch the Cavs play, all I can think is how much of a puppet Mike Brown is. Not that I think he's worth a damn as a coach, but I don't think he ever had a chance with Lebron because Lebron would never let him take control.

Lebron's not going to win a championship until he either (1) has a team with so much talent all they need is a game plan (2) has a good coach that he lets be in control.

redzero
05-14-2010, 01:51 AM
The Coach of the Year Award is the kiss of death. But then again, LeBron and Chris Paul were the real coaches on their teams anyway.