PDA

View Full Version : Where Will Lebron Go ?

ezzizle
05-13-2010, 10:41 PM
After a series of disappointing playoffs, where do you think Lebron will go?
Will he stay or dip out real quick ?

Pistons < Spurs
05-13-2010, 10:42 PM
LeBron to the Bulls? 3 GMs think so (http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/15881/lebron-to-the-bulls-3-gms-think-so)

Boston Celtics fans were chanting "New York Knicks" during Thursday's Game 6 every time that LeBron James went to the foul line. Maybe they should've been chanting "Chicago Bulls."

Within minutes of the Cleveland Cavaliers' elimination at the hands of the Celtics, the speculation about LeBron James' next destination resumed in full force.

In the space of five minutes I heard from three NBA GMs via text, e-mail and phone. All three said that based on the information they have, they believe LeBron will leave the Cavs.

More surprisingly, all of them said they believe the destination will be the Chicago Bulls. Two said they believe that John Calipari will be the Bulls' new head coach.

One GM went a bit further in a phone call a few minutes later. "I think the Bulls are really going to go for it. Look for them to offer the Cavs Luol Deng in a sign-and-trade for LeBron. That will allow them to retain most of their cap space. Then they'll go after Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh as well."

I'm sure we'll hear various scenarios involving the Knicks, Nets and Heat over the course of the next month. But it's hard to come up with any other scenario that would be quite as appealing for LeBron.

Red Hawk #21
05-13-2010, 10:45 PM
I don't understand why Lebron would want to play for the Nets/Bricks/Bulls. His current team is better than anyone of those teams...

scottspurs
Knicks-Maybe
Nets-Maybe
Chicago-maybe
Dallas-no
Cleveland-no
Miami-no
Clippers-maybe

peskypesky
how about the clippers with blake griffin?

dirk4mvp
05-13-2010, 10:46 PM
I don't understand why Lebron would want to play for the Nets/Bricks/Bulls. His current team is better than anyone of those teams...

Rose and Noah or hell even Devin Christ Harris is better than anyone on the Cavs besides LeBron.

Ghazi
05-13-2010, 10:47 PM
<------------

LnGrrrR
05-13-2010, 10:48 PM
If I were Lebron, I'd much rather go to Chicago. Chicago is an actual TEAM that just doesn't have quite enough right now. Whereas the Knicks would be Lebron + awesome player + great player + 12 scrubs.

HarlemHeat37
05-13-2010, 10:50 PM
My pick would be the Nets if they were moving earlier..Lebron isn't going to play in that shithole in NJ for a few years though..

I'm going with New York or Cleveland..I wouldn't be completely surprised if he links up with Wade, but New York is my guess..he would be an idiot not to come here..

peskypesky
05-13-2010, 10:51 PM
if i were lebron i would NOT go to chicago. why the hell would you want to be compared to Jordan every day? living in another man's shadow is not his way i don't think.

i could see him going to the clipper to pair up with griffin. i think they would complimeng each other well. but then again, maybe lebron really needs a great perimeter shooter to spread that floor.

ducks
dirk and wade will hook up

Pistons < Spurs
I'd LOVE to see him go to the Clippers.

Baron Davis
Eric Gordon
Lebron
Blake Griffin
Chris Kaman

and they have a top 10 draft pick.

Plus you'd have Kobe and Lebron sharing a city and an arena.

Champs15
05-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Lebron is going to take the league minimum and join the Lakers so he can finally get a championship!

JamStone
05-13-2010, 10:53 PM

Not really.

Rose/Noah/Deng/Hinrich/Gibson is better than the supporting cast LeBron has now.

Brook Lopez/Devin Harris/Courtney Lee/top 4 pick in the draft might not be better yet, but has better talent, and will be better in the near future, possibly as soon as next year.

The Cavs minus LeBron aren't a very good team. They have ok players, but LeBron is still the reason why they were even a good team in the first place.

HarlemHeat37
05-13-2010, 10:54 PM
I really don't think Lebron plays in LA for arguably the worst franchise in sports, especially when the Lakers are stacked right now..he doesn't seem like that type of guy IMO..

LnGrrrR
05-13-2010, 10:54 PM
if i were lebron i would NOT go to chicago. why the hell would you want to be compared to Jordan every day? living in another man's shadow is not his way i don't think.

i could see him going to the clipper to pair up with griffin. i think they would complimeng each other well. but then again, maybe lebron really needs a great perimeter shooter to spread that floor.

Good point, but Chicago is a great city. If he goes to Miami, you'll have two Alpha Dogs together.

I can't quite picture him in Dallas, even though he'd probably be a good fit, and he'd save alot of money on taxes. :lol

Ghazi
05-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Look

Dallas 55-27
New Jersey 12-70
New York 27-55 (dunno for sure)
Chicago 42-40
Cavs-Lebron 35-47 AT BEST

It is a NO brainer where Lebron will go IF he wants to win rings. I dont care if the other teams are younger, when you add Lebron to a 55 win team and hold most of the core pieces in tact, youre automatically in the 65-70 win ballpark.

HarlemHeat37
05-13-2010, 10:59 PM
I would love seeing Dirk somehow come to NY too..

badfish22
05-13-2010, 11:00 PM
lol HH starting to get his Knick fan on

badfish22
05-13-2010, 11:01 PM
KG pretty much told James to leave in his post game interview.

"youth is a hard thing to get back, I wish I would have left sooner"

HarlemHeat37
05-13-2010, 11:01 PM
I could care less about the Knicks..as a die-hard NBA fan, this city is a lot more hyped when the major sports teams are playing well, especially since they're a team I don't dislike at all(unlike the Jets and Mets)..

I'm not a big fan of Bosh(sensitive pussy) and I dislike Stoudemire, so I wouldn't be THAT happy if they get either of those 2 with Lebron..Wade or Nowitzki would be ideal though..

badfish22
05-13-2010, 11:02 PM
http://www.nba.com/playoffs2010/live1/

Lebron on now

sribb43
05-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Lebron is a FA???? I thought he was a FA next summer...

lurker
05-13-2010, 11:06 PM
LeGone James is trending on Twitter. :lol

boston.balla
05-14-2010, 01:18 AM
I really hope he goes to nets/chicago. I just hate to see such talent go to waste and frustrate himself like crazy .. just look at kg's career... kg really told him what he should do.

RedsLakers24
05-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Lakers, sign and trade, Bynum for Lebron

DDS4
05-14-2010, 02:08 AM
My guess is he's staying in CLE but only for a 3-4 year deal with some sort of player option.

If CLE still can't get it done, he'll still be somewhat in his prime and ready to bolt to the next team.

Andrew Bynum
05-14-2010, 02:21 AM
he would be an idiot not to come here..

I would love seeing Dirk somehow come to NY too..

:lmao

Perfect timing for Bandwagon NY Spurfans I guess. Spurs run is done, over. LeBron coming to NY. GO KNICKS!!!!.. What?.. I was never a Spurfan really.. I've always liked the Knicks.. they just sucked so I had to bandwagon onto a team that was winning a lot.. but I've always been a Knicks fan..

crc21209
05-14-2010, 02:26 AM
The more and more I saw of LeBron in this series and especially tonight during AND after the game, it just seems that he isnt coming back. If LeBron wants to both get paid AND win at the same time..it seems Chicago would be the way to go. I could see him going to New York as well though...LeBron + another max FA + Gallinari + Lee isnt too bad. New Jersey isnt bad either with LeBron + Lopez + Harris + Top 5 draft pick...So it's up to LBJ now..should be a pretty exciting Summer..

redzero
05-14-2010, 02:28 AM
This topic should probably be stickied.

Ghazi
05-14-2010, 02:32 AM
Beaubois/Hickson > Stockton/Malone

MateoNeygro
05-14-2010, 02:32 AM
I don't think the Nets would be very good, no matter if LeBron goes there or not.

rayjayjohnson
05-14-2010, 02:39 AM
clippers have the talent, they also have the curse of sucking balls.

The Franchise
05-14-2010, 02:44 AM
My pick would be the Nets if they were moving earlier..Lebron isn't going to play in that shithole in NJ for a few years though..

I'm going with New Yorkor Cleveland..I wouldn't be completely surprised if he links up with Wade, but New York is my guess..he would be an idiot not to come here..

I know the media has been pushing it, but why would he go to NY? Even if Bosh came too they would be no better than his team in Cleveland. As a matter of fact they would be worse because they would have no bench. He is not going to go to a situation where he would have to take a step back. After this piss poor performance he is going to go to a team with enough talent to win immediately. NY is not that team.

Kai
05-14-2010, 02:44 AM
LeBron to the Bulls? 3 GMs think so (http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/15881/lebron-to-the-bulls-3-gms-think-so)

Boston Celtics fans were chanting "New York Knicks" during Thursday's Game 6 every time that LeBron James went to the foul line. Maybe they should've been chanting "Chicago Bulls."

Within minutes of the Cleveland Cavaliers' elimination at the hands of the Celtics, the speculation about LeBron James' next destination resumed in full force.

In the space of five minutes I heard from three NBA GMs via text, e-mail and phone. All three said that based on the information they have, they believe LeBron will leave the Cavs.

More surprisingly, all of them said they believe the destination will be the Chicago Bulls. Two said they believe that John Calipari will be the Bulls' new head coach.

One GM went a bit further in a phone call a few minutes later. "I think the Bulls are really going to go for it. Look for them to offer the Cavs Luol Deng in a sign-and-trade for LeBron. That will allow them to retain most of their cap space. Then they'll go after Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh as well."

I'm sure we'll hear various scenarios involving the Knicks, Nets and Heat over the course of the next month. But it's hard to come up with any other scenario that would be quite as appealing for LeBron.
That would be absolutely deadly. Best team in YEARS.

rayjayjohnson
05-14-2010, 02:45 AM
actually, i heard lebron was going to join the sydney kings in australia

The Franchise
05-14-2010, 02:49 AM
That would be absolutely deadly. Best team in YEARS.

Wade's estranged wife lives in Chicago. That shit ain't happenin!! :lol

venitian navigator
05-14-2010, 03:07 AM
In no other city in the world Le Bron could have the chance of making more money outside of the "nba contract" money, than N.Y... one chance no one is considering, is that he could go in the "Jordan way", playing for a very low nba contrract (say 5 millions for three years) so giving to NY the chance to sign this season two max free agents and one more next year (after Curry will finish his horrendous contract).

A team with, for example, Wade, Le Bron and Stoudemire (plus Gallinari, Chandler and scrubs) could immediatly become a contender just next year...

LnGrrrR
05-14-2010, 03:20 AM
A Chicago team with Lebron, Rose, Wade, and Noah would be MURDEROUS.

In the regular season. :lol

mingus
05-14-2010, 03:23 AM
i think he goes to the Nets. they can do a lot this summer with trades, draft, cap. it might not look like a great situation now (although Brook Lopez is going to be an All-Star soon), but - esp. considering how rich their owner is - i can see them flipping that team around 180 degrees like the Celtics did. NY doesn't have anybody there that's any good, and i don't think they'll land Bosh. i think he goes to Miami.

The Bulls might be the second destination. Derrick Rose will be a top-3 PG next year and a legit second option on a championship team. plus they can sign someone like Joe Johnson. the only reason i don't have them in first (because their players are actually better) is i don't think Lebron wasnts to live in MJ's shadow.

boston.balla
05-14-2010, 04:45 AM
this topic should probably be stickied.

+1

boston.balla
05-14-2010, 04:48 AM
A Chicago team with Lebron, Rose, Wade, and Noah would be MURDEROUS.

In the regular season. :lol

:lol i'm sorry to say but they would be murderous all the way. That team is so ridiculous defensively it's just not fair. They'd have a better d than the pistons had in 04. And such d would surely lead to multiple rings.

boston.balla
05-14-2010, 04:53 AM
i think he goes to the Nets. they can do a lot this summer with trades, draft, cap. it might not look like a great situation now (although Brook Lopez is going to be an All-Star soon), but - esp. considering how rich their owner is - i can see them flipping that team around 180 degrees like the Celtics did. NY doesn't have anybody there that's any good, and i don't think they'll land Bosh. i think he goes to Miami.

The Bulls might be the second destination. Derrick Rose will be a top-3 PG next year and a legit second option on a championship team. plus they can sign someone like Joe Johnson. the only reason i don't have them in first (because their players are actually better) is i don't think Lebron wasnts to live in MJ's shadow.

I agree. The best matchup for lebron is new jersey.

Good defensive pg with range - check
Young talent and picks - check
all star center -check
top 5 pick -check
insane owner who needs to wash ..aaa.. spend money to the absolute max possible - check
two max contracts - check

You're looking at a possible lineup of:
harris
defensive sg = courtney lee
lebron
bosh
lopez

bench: top 5 pick, douglas roberts, vet minimum guys of which one is a rebounding defensive big for 15mins a night.
Furthermore, no contract problems for 4-5 years..

mingus
05-14-2010, 05:00 AM
I agree. The best matchup for lebron is new jersey.

Good defensive pg with range - check
Young talent and picks - check
all star center -check
top 5 pick -check
insane owner who needs to wash ..aaa.. spend money to the absolute max possible - check
two max contracts - check

You're looking at a possible lineup of:
harris
defensive sg = courtney lee
lebron
bosh
lopez

bench: top 5 pick, douglas roberts, vet minimum guys of which one is a rebounding defensive big for 15mins a night.
Furthermore, no contract problems for 4-5 years..

i don't think Bosh goes to the Nets, but you never know. they could sign David Lee. David Lee + Lopez is a very good frontcourt.

sefant77
05-14-2010, 05:58 AM
The more and more I saw of LeBron in this series and especially tonight during AND after the game, it just seems that he isnt coming back. If LeBron wants to both get paid AND win at the same time..it seems Chicago would be the way to go. I could see him going to New York as well though...LeBron + another max FA + Gallinari + Lee isnt too bad. New Jersey isnt bad either with LeBron + Lopez + Harris + Top 5 draft pick...So it's up to LBJ now..should be a pretty exciting Summer..

Its not Lee + James + Max FA.

Lees rights are gone, just because of that they can offer 2 max

Douglas
Chandler
Gali
-
Curry

Even with James and Bosh thats trash. No center, at least 2 strong defensive Bigmen missing for Lakers and Magic.

Bulls no way, Jordans shadow is unbeatable.

Nets have a nice shot if they are able to snag also a Boozer or Lee for 10mio (they have around 27mio cap).

I say the Nets have a god shot if they are able to convince Boozer/Lee together with James.

Otherwise i say Dallas has a nice shot because of a ready roster with another superstar, spending owner, the cowboys stadium... And Cavs can ship him out of the east, i wouldnt underrate that factor if James IS leaving Cavs for sure. Then they want him out of the east.

So Nets or Dallas for me.

Chillen
05-14-2010, 06:08 AM
I don't buy into playing in Jordan's shadow nonsense, if LeBron signs with the Bulls he has to make it clear this is MJ's house and he is the greatest ever, that's all he needs to say. It's a great fit, LeBron is just what that Bulls team needs and if they can manage to land Chris Bosh they would have a real shot at reaching the NBA finals.

LeBron wants to be in a winning situation and make money, Chicago offers him that oppurtunity and to play in MJ's house and try and bring a championship back to Chicago has got to tempt him.

I don't know what team he will sign with, there's a good chance he will be back with Cleveland, but Chicago is a good fit with the talent and the fact that the fans would love a player on the Bulls again they can compare to Jordan. They are already doing that in Cleveland but in Chicago he would be starting his own legacy as a Bull.

The one problem I see is the headband rule, I wonder if that can be lifted to accomodate LeBron.

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 06:09 AM
Cleveland has done such a shitty job in these 7 years that they deserve to lose him. Hickson, Varejao and a few rotational players like freaking Mo Williams (a backup guard to bring off the bench), Delonte West, Jamario Moon, Gibson, plus an old Jamison (who's a quality backup in his prime but not starting material) and an over-the-hill Anthony Parker, draft picks traded, no big time talent stashed abroad and no cap room? Hikes. How will Cleveland acquire talent? I can't see a way. If it's about winning for him, he should leave; but I'm not sure that's the way he sees it though.

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 06:10 AM
I think the Clippers + Nets are two excellent options.

Basketballgirl25
05-14-2010, 06:17 AM

isn't Lee a FA as well, Lee might not be a Knick that's what I heard. And if Nets get the number 1 pick they could end up trading Harris since they most likely would draft John Wall

Basketballgirl25
05-14-2010, 06:22 AM

Douglas
Chandler
Gali
-
Curry

Even with James and Bosh thats trash. No center, at least 2 strong defensive Bigmen missing for Lakers and Magic.

Nets have a nice shot if they are able to snag also a Boozer or Lee for 10mio (they have around 27mio cap).

I say the Nets have a god shot if they are able to convince Boozer/Lee together with James.

Otherwise i say Dallas has a nice shot because of a ready roster with another superstar, spending owner, the cowboys stadium... And Cavs can ship him out of the east, i wouldnt underrate that factor if James IS leaving Cavs for sure. Then they want him out of the east.

I don't think Knicks have as great a shot with him as some people out there think, Dallas as a shot at Lebron if Cavs want him out of the East, though I have a gut feeling if they want him they will have to give up Roddy, but if it's Lebron or heck even Wade I'd jump to give up roddy, both at young and better anyway:toast.

I agree with you Nets and Dallas have a good chance and I think Knicks and Bulls could have a chance, but not as much. I want Lebron to stay with Cavs so everyone can cry about it though:lol

Ghazi
05-14-2010, 06:46 AM
I think the Clippers + Nets are two excellent options.

:nope

<--------

Ghazi
05-14-2010, 06:53 AM
Lebron's "loyalty" to Cleveland means 1 of 2 things:

1. He either resigns with Cleveland

2. He helps Cleveland out by demanding to be traded to the Dallas Mavericks. A western conference team... doesnt have to bear the emotion of going to Cleveland in another uniform twice a year just once... Roddy fucking Buckets is a better young prospect than anyone on all these shit East teams like the Bulls/Knicks/Nets. DUST can clear cap space for the Cavs and help absorb some shit contrats and they can literally become relevant in 2-3 years building around Beaubois.

Dallas ensures him the most $ (6 years/125 million? + no state income tax), the best shot at a ring (Dirk/Kidd/Bron, need I say more?), and is easier on Cavs (baby flash + getting rid of bad contracts)
Its either Cleveland or Dallas. Chicago/New York/New Jersey are over hyped locations due to media's fancy with big markets.

crc21209
05-14-2010, 06:58 AM

Douglas
Chandler
Gali
-
Curry

:lol The Mavericks dont play in Cowboys stadium...so why would he care about that? Plus Cuban isnt going to lose Dirk..so once he is back for sure Dallas doesnt have enough money to do anything else..

crc21209
05-14-2010, 07:03 AM

2. He helps Cleveland out by demanding to be traded to the Dallas Mavericks. A western conference team... doesnt have to bear the emotion of going to Cleveland in another uniform twice a year just once... Roddy fucking Buckets is a better young prospect than anyone on all these shit East teams like the Bulls/Knicks/Nets. DUST can clear cap space for the Cavs and help absorb some shit contrats and they can literally become relevant in 2-3 years building around Beaubois.

Dallas ensures him the most $ (6 years/125 million? + no state income tax), the best shot at a ring (Dirk/Kidd/Bron, need I say more?), and is easier on Cavs (baby flash + getting rid of bad contracts)
Its either Cleveland or Dallas. Chicago/New York/New Jersey are over hyped locations due to media's fancy with big markets.

:lol At some of you people actually thinking he's going to Dallas. Be serious now..come on. He's already under a ton of pressure enough as it is, so why would he go to the tougher Conference where there are at least 10 good teams in the entire Conference instead of staying in the weaker Eastern Conf. where he can still rule. Plus...in the West he would have to deal with the Lakers, Suns, Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Blazers, Jazz, and Nuggets. In the East all you have is the Magic and the Celtics (for 1 more year or so).

Ghazi
05-14-2010, 07:04 AM
Western Conference is only tougher in the 1st round for top few seeds.

Otherwise, the gap is small these days.

sefant77
05-14-2010, 07:07 AM
:lol The Mavericks dont play in Cowboys stadium...so why would he care about that? Plus Cuban isnt going to lose Dirk..so once he is back for sure Dallas doesnt have enough money to do anything else..

Cuban was allready talking about realizing to play a few games each year in the cowboys stadium. 80000 screaming James kiddies. James as lifetime Cowboy fan can buy his own suit etc.

Well, beside the contender status there are plenty of small reasons why James COULD like the Mavs. Same with the Nets.

Just telling why the Mavs could have a shot getting James (not telling he will come).

And read about the dustchip..

sefant77
05-14-2010, 07:09 AM
:lol At some of you people actually thinking he's going to Dallas. Be serious now..come on. He's already under a ton of pressure enough as it is, so why would he go to the tougher Conference where there are at least 10 good teams in the entire Conference instead of staying in the weaker Eastern Conf. where he can still rule. Plus...in the West he would have to deal with the Lakers, Suns, Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Blazers, Jazz, and Nuggets. In the East all you have is the Magic and the Celtics (for 1 more year or so).

And with which team he is supposed to beat the Magic? With a Gali/Bosh/Curry frontcourt? With Varejao/Powe?

And then still the Lakers are waiting.

Right now he is dying to win a ring asap and he will look for the team where he is able to do it most likely.

Ghazi
05-14-2010, 07:13 AM
<--------------------

Basketballgirl25
05-14-2010, 07:31 AM
i don't think Bosh goes to the Nets, but you never know. they could sign David Lee. David Lee + Lopez is a very good frontcourt.

I agree with you being a Nets fan, Bosh is going to the Nets, hopefully Knicks are thinking they have a great chance at getting Lebron because then we could deff steal David Lee from them:toast

Basketballgirl25
05-14-2010, 07:36 AM

So Lebron's loyalty to Cleveland means he demands a trade to the Dallas Mavs, well if he is loyal he will just stay in Cleveland and not help the Mavs win. If he goes to any team not named Cavs he isn't loyal to Cleveland:toast

Shank
05-14-2010, 08:41 AM
If we wants to win a title, he'll get out of the East. The Magic look to be in good shape for a few more years, as long as Howard is in the middle, and the Nets/Bulls/Knicks aren't going to take over the conference immediately.

I don't see why everyone thinks Chicago is such a juicy prospect. As much as we may dog the supporting cast in Cleveland, it's going to be a step backwards to mix in with a new group AND have a new coach to boot.

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 08:48 AM
If we wants to win a title, he'll get out of the East. The Magic look to be in good shape for a few more years, as long as Howard is in the middle, and the Nets/Bulls/Knicks aren't going to take over the conference immediately.

I don't see why everyone thinks Chicago is such a juicy prospect. As much as we may dog the supporting cast in Cleveland, it's going to be a step backwards to mix in with a new group AND have a new coach to boot.

The problem with Dallas is that Kidd is 37, Dirk will be 32 next season, Marion is 32. I think LeBron has learned the lesson, if he leaves Cleveland it's going to be for a team with young talent in place, a team that can grow up with mean while being good enough to win a title right away. Plus, Dallas doesn't have cap space and I doubt Gilbert will ever allow a S&T with him unless the talent he's getting back blows his mind.

If the Bulls add LeBron, they're good enough to win a title next season. How hard is to build a better supporting cast than the one Cleveland had this season? Not hard at all.

JamStone
05-14-2010, 08:51 AM
http://katchop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/lebron-nets-copy.jpg

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 08:59 AM
The Nets are also a good option. Best owner in the NBA, some young talent especially if they draft Wall or Turner. If he can convince another guy like Bosh or even Boozer to join him there, that's another instant contender:

Wall
Lee
James
Bosh
Lopez
+
T Williams
CDR
+
whatever they can get for Harris and Yi (say, Troy Murphy+Jeff Foster)
27th pick (say, Quincy Pondexter)
a couple of veterans to round the rotation (Von Wafer+Kenyon Dooling+Joe Smith)

That's a contender right away.

JamStone
05-14-2010, 09:00 AM
I think the last couple seasons will push LeBron out and he's going to make a heavy push for Wade to join him in New Jersey. I think both guys realize how hard it is to win a title, and it might even hit them that they don't want to be in the same type of position KG was in Minnesota only because of loyalty. I think those words by KG might really sting true. But they don't even have to compromise financially. They both can get max contracts in New Jersey, there is a young all star caliber center in place, a quality PG in place, and a top 4 pick in this draft. They can play together, have a couple quality players around them, be in a huge NY/NJ and soon to be Brooklyn market, and be Kings of New York. People might downplay the Jay-Z connection, but I think there's something very real about it. LeBron is not just acquaintances with Jay-Z. They're close, close friends. And I remember watching the draft lottery a couple years ago, and Wade was there and Jay-Z was there and Wade got interviewed and said he something to the effect that he was in awe of Jay-Z. I don't think Jay-Z possibly playing a part can be downplayed. I think it's very real.

LeBron James
Dwyane Wade
Brook Lopez
Devin Harris
Courtney Lee
Yi Jianlian
Kris Humphries
and a top 4 draft pick: John Wall, Evan Turner, Derrick Favors, DeMarcus Cousins

And the New Jersey Nets can afford to do that all because they have the cap space.

Think about it.

Hov!

Ashy Larry
05-14-2010, 09:01 AM
He'll either stay in Cleveland or go to the Knix

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 09:04 AM
I don't see Wade leaving Miami.

Plus, they'll have to compromise financially, unless they can get a S&T done. The Nets can't offer LeBron the same contract he'd get in Cleveland.

Fabbs
05-14-2010, 09:06 AM
mogrovejo The Nets are also a good option. Best owner in the NBA, some young talent especially if they draft Wall or Turner. If he can convince another guy like Bosh or even Boozer to join him there, that's another instant contender:

Wall
Lee
James
Bosh
Lopez
+
T Williams
CDR
+

exactly. I will add that the choice of coach will be vital.
Dk at this time who would be the great fit.

Shank
05-14-2010, 09:07 AM
The Nets are also a good option. Best owner in the NBA

Um?

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 09:07 AM
I suspect Leon Rose and Worldwide Wes want to pair LeBron with Calipari.

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Um?

Um what?

Prokhorov is an extremely smart guy, with plenty of money, who knows how to keep his hands-off and players are going to love to be around.

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 09:10 AM
http://pics.livejournal.com/md_prokhorov/pic/0004zy3r

Shank
05-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Um what?

Prokhorov is an extremely smart guy, with plenty of money, who knows how to keep his hands-off and players are going to love to be around.

Cool. Cite his resume in the NBA before proclaiming him the best owner in the league. Daniel Synder has the same traits. That's like saying Jamarcus Russell is going to be the best QB in the NFL because of previous successes, even before he takes a snap on the field.

Shank
05-14-2010, 09:15 AM
And I like what I've seen from Prokhorov, but it needs time before anything like that can be said about him.

Giuseppe
05-14-2010, 09:16 AM
By staying in Cleveland he gets an additional $50 million over the span of the contract. No sane man would walk away from that.

JamStone
05-14-2010, 09:27 AM
I don't see Wade leaving Miami.

Plus, they'll have to compromise financially, unless they can get a S&T done. The Nets can't offer LeBron the same contract he'd get in Cleveland.

I don't see why Wade wouldn't leave Miami to play with LeBron in Brooklyn.

And you're right, they would be compromising from the most max money to regular max money. But I only meant they wouldn't have to compromise down from a max deal to something like $15 million a year.

boston.balla
05-14-2010, 09:31 AM
And I like what I've seen from Prokhorov, but it needs time before anything like that can be said about him.

yo i'm in business with some people that go to russia frequently and these guys told me that prokorov dude is such a crazy spender it blows your mind out. He throws parties on national museum boats and the like. The russian millionaires think he is out of his mind and just consider how these complaining bastards are spending like mad on SF stuff.

Just think how these guys got their fortunes and their connections with not-so-legal environments. They've got money (at least part) the same way NY has money (at least part of it) ..

Trust me, this guy will pay with no problem what so ever the cost.

Shank
If Wade and LeBron end up on the same team, 29 other fanbases are going to pray for ACL injuries daily.

Basketballgirl25
Best owner in the NBA

we don't know that yet, but hopefully.:toast

Giuseppe
05-14-2010, 09:32 AM
If Wade and LeBron end up on the same team, 29 other fanbases are going to pray for ACL injuries daily.

Or, at least pray that Stern doesn't change the amount of basketballs permitted from (1).

boston.balla
05-14-2010, 09:33 AM
The Nets are also a good option. Best owner in the NBA, some young talent especially if they draft Wall or Turner. If he can convince another guy like Bosh or even Boozer to join him there, that's another instant contender:

Wall
Lee
James
Bosh
Lopez
+
T Williams
CDR
+

i've been saying the same thing like you and jamstone in all the other threads today. It's really pretty perfect how the nets are built for lebron and 2010.

Basketballgirl25
05-14-2010, 09:33 AM
yo i'm in business with some people that go to russia frequently and these guys told me that prokorov dude is such a crazy spender it blows your mind out. He throws parties on national museum boats and the like. The russian millionaires think he is out of his mind and just consider how these complaining bastards are spending like mad on SF stuff.

Just think how these guys got their fortunes and their connections with not-so-legal environments. They've got money (at least part) the same way NY has money (at least part of it) ..

Trust me, this guy will pay with no problem what so ever the cost.

I heard he throw parties and didn't mind spending

Basketballgirl25
05-14-2010, 09:35 AM

Well if the team was the Nets I can tell you Lebron and Wade would prob both go down and never play again, because that's just the way it is rooting for the Nets you have high hopes then they come crushing down:lol

Danny.Zhu
05-14-2010, 09:38 AM
S&T for RJ+Blair+Hill+whatever picks.

Spurologist
05-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Noah, Rose, Lebron, Deng :wow

JamStone
05-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Noah, Rose, Lebron, Deng :wow

Maybe it's just me, but that isn't all that intimidating of a line-up.

Very good, yes. But not scary or daunting or just-give-up-before-we-even-play good.

Shank
05-14-2010, 09:48 AM

Very good, yes. But not scary or daunting or just-give-up-before-we-even-play good.

Rose and LeBron aside, it's not that much more formidable that what we just saw in the Celtics series.

Spurologist
05-14-2010, 09:56 AM

not intimidating.....true but that's what makes the lineup deceiving. Each player has a very defined role and they play it very well. Except maybe outside of shooting, this lineup has strength, rebounding, shoot blocking, speed, on ball defense, great passing and scoring. They would still need a couple more pieces like a spot up shooter and I think they're right there in the mix in the east.

Shank
05-14-2010, 10:23 AM
not intimidating.....true but that's what makes the lineup deceiving. Each player has a very defined role and they play it very well. Except maybe outside of shooting, this lineup has strength, rebounding, shoot blocking, speed, on ball defense, great passing and scoring. They would still need a couple more pieces like a spot up shooter and I think they're right there in the mix in the east.

Too bad Calipari might be coaching and wouldn't get that out of any of the players.

sefant77
05-14-2010, 10:36 AM

Wall
Lee
James
Bosh
Lopez
+
T Williams
CDR
+

Nets cant sign 2 max, so there is no James AND Bosh. The 2nd guy would start around 10-11 mio, no way Bosh walks away from so much money over the years. With around 27mio cap the 2nd guy is with luck a Boozer or Lee but for sure no Bosh, Amare or Wade.

But yes, talentwise the Nets are great and young, specially if they can get Lee/Boozer too. But they are young, Harris is on the edge to be an injury prone, Lopez didnt prove anything in playoffs yet and maybe the Nets doesnt get #1. Who knows how this young guys all perform when its up "James is here, now we HAVE to deliver and win it all".

The problem with Dallas is that Kidd is 37, Dirk will be 32 next season, Marion is 32. I think LeBron has learned the lesson, if he leaves Cleveland it's going to be for a team with young talent in place, a team that can grow up with mean while being good enough to win a title right away. Plus, Dallas doesn't have cap space and I doubt Gilbert will ever allow a S&T with him unless the talent he's getting back blows his mind.

If the Bulls add LeBron, they're good enough to win a title next season. How hard is to build a better supporting cast than the one Cleveland had this season? Not hard at all.

James wont look for the most young and talented team, he gonna look where he can get the ring asap. Dirk is 32 but do you see any decline? His game will age slow, he has at least 3 more great years. And he would have the 2nd superstar in his roster and the one that complement his game the most. Just imagine the ridiculous PnR/PnP James and Dirk could play. Add Haywood as defensive minded center and you have the best/perfect frontcourt scenario for James. And then you have plenty of experience depth: Kidd, Terry, Marion, (Butler or Roddy - one of them would probably go in a S&T). James would have at least a really great 3 years window in Dallas. And Cuban would go on spending anyway.

Bulls have a nice core too but again: Its Jordans house, i dont know if James wanna go there right now in this situation.

For me its still Nets or Mavs. If James is hunting the ring badly i see Dallas as his better option.

JamStone
05-14-2010, 10:47 AM
The Nets currently have roughly $22 million in guaranteed contracts next year. Say they land the top pick and have to spend the most money. The top pick will roughly make $5 million next year. That's approximately $27 million in guaranteed contracts. Or they could sell that pick if it's perhaps the fourth pick and the Nets would rather have the cap space.

Now they also have a couple smaller contracts that are movable with Yi Jianlian who makes about $4 million next year and Terrence Williams who makes about $2.2 million next year. I think they'll try to move those contracts, especially Yi's, and especially if they land a PF in the draft like Favors. There's a chance (maybe not a good chance but still a chance) some team with available cap space or an exception will trade for Yi without giving up a contract in return. So that $27 million has a chance to be lower.

As far as we know, the cap should be roughly anywhere from around $56-58 million. As it stands right now, the Nets have about $35 million in cap space. They have about enough for two max contracts, or very close to it. If they are also able to move a contract like Yi Jianlian and/or trade their top 4 pick to get that cap space, they could easily be in a position to get enough cap space for two max contracts.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2010, 10:55 AM
i think after ridiculous amounts of drama he'll end up staying in Cleveland but probably on another 3 year deal or something to give him freedom to go again soon..

Giuseppe
05-14-2010, 10:58 AM
^db, with the goods.

Ghazi
05-14-2010, 11:00 AM
mogrovejo, you bring up the age of the Mavs roster but I'm not sure how relevant it is.

Dirk will be 32 next year but has not shown many signs of slowing down. He is still a top 10 player in the league

Kidd/Marion's age are irrelevant. they will be role players during this dynasty.

We're talking about adding the best basketball player on the planet to a 50 win team. I'd rather try to win with 32 YO Dirk and 37 YO Kidd than dudes like Brook Lopez, Derrick Rose, and Danilllo Gallinari.

mavsluva
05-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Maybe it's possible that Lebron will take into consideration where he actually wants to live for 8 months out of the year.

JamStone
05-14-2010, 11:24 AM
mogrovejo, you bring up the age of the Mavs roster but I'm not sure how relevant it is.

Dirk will be 32 next year but has not shown many signs of slowing down. He is still a top 10 player in the league

Kidd/Marion's age are irrelevant. they will be role players during this dynasty.

We're talking about adding the best basketball player on the planet to a 50 win team. I'd rather try to win with 32 YO Dirk and 37 YO Kidd than dudes like Brook Lopez, Derrick Rose, and Danilllo Gallinari.

You ignore that if he were to go play with Brook Lopez or Danillo Gallinari, he would most likely only do it if another max player goes along with him. So it would be playing with, for example, Brook Lopez and Dwyane Wade or Danillo Gallinari and Chris Bosh.

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 11:26 AM

Okay, but it's like saying Wall is going to be an excellent player. Prokhorov has been incredibly successful as the owner of basketball teams. I can't see a reason why the tactic he used won't be equally successful in the NBA.

sefant77
05-14-2010, 11:28 AM
You ignore that if he were to go play with Brook Lopez or Danillo Gallinari, he would most likely only do it if another max player goes along with him. So it would be playing with, for example, Brook Lopez and Dwyane Wade or Danillo Gallinari and Chris Bosh.

Again, Nets dont have space for 2 max right now, they would need trades with trade exceptions etc. But yes, they could add Lee or Boozer for sure.

And again, adding James and Bosh to the Knicks changes nothing, their frontcourt would get toasted by the Magic and Lakers. Knicks sucked it up drafting Gali over Lopez. Even with Bosh they would need 2 more good center/bigmen.

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 11:32 AM

Maybe next season, but I doubt that's going to be LeBron's priority.

The Bulls won 41 games. They had lots of injuries in their key players. They lost 10 games in a row when Noah + Rose were injured. Rose is getting better, Noah still has room to improvement, Gibson was a rookie. Deng is 25 years old, LeBron's age. That's a spectacular core to build a dynasty.

In Dallas, in a couple of seasons he'd be in the same situation he's been in Cleveland.

JamStone
05-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Again, Nets dont have space for 2 max right now, they would need trades with trade exceptions etc. But yes, they could add Lee or Boozer for sure.

And again, adding James and Bosh to the Knicks changes nothing, their frontcourt would get toasted by the Magic and Lakers. Knicks sucked it up drafting Gali over Lopez. Even with Bosh they would need 2 more good center/bigmen.

Nets have enough for two max contracts right now. If they sell their draft pick, they still would. Or if they find a way to dump Yi Jianlian's contract, they would have enough.

It's more likely the Nets can find a way to make the space for two max contracts than it is LeBron gets traded to Dallas, yet (serious or not) Mavs fans won't shut up about the possibility of him landing there.

sefant77
05-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Why its bad that the mavs fans talk about the possibility when its beside the Nets the (probably) best option for James?

JamStone
05-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Why its bad that the mavs fans talk about the possibility when its beside the Nets the (probably) best option for James?

Didn't say it was bad for Mavs fans to talk about it.

Dallas being the best or one of the best options for James is a pretty biased opinion, but if that's what you want to feel, I got no problem with it. I disagree with that, but I don't have a problem if you want to feel that way.

My point was that you discredit the possibility of LeBron going to the Nets when it's as likely as, and personally I think more likely than, LeBron going to the Mavs but you don't talk about how pretty far-fetched that possibility is.

Ghazi
05-14-2010, 12:04 PM

The Bulls won 41 games. They had lots of injuries in their key players. They lost 10 games in a row when Noah + Rose were injured. Rose is getting better, Noah still has room to improvement, Gibson was a rookie. Deng is 25 years old, LeBron's age. That's a spectacular core to build a dynasty.

In Dallas, in a couple of seasons he'd be in the same situation he's been in Cleveland.

Well, the Mavs would in the 2010 and 2011 championships in all likelihood. Beyond that? 34 YO Dirk will probably still be much better than guys like Jamison/Varejao/Mo/Shaq... maybe Mavs recycle some expiring contracts for younger players with big contracts? Depends on how they use the MLE? Maybe Lebron takes his game to yet another level?

And if the Mavs were somehow to keep Beaubois whilst bringing Lebron in then the Mavs are set for the immediate future AND the long distant future.

Point being, if/when Lebron comes to Dallas, he will probably have a 3-5 year window of contending for titles... if not more.

:lobt: :danceclub

Giuseppe
05-14-2010, 12:07 PM
a lineup of:

Devin harris - mo williams
courtney lee - jamario moon
lebron james - lebron james
chris bosh - varejao, with an additional $50 million.
Brook lopez - daddy

gigo

boston.balla
05-14-2010, 12:08 PM

Well, the Mavs would in the 2010 and 2011 championships in all likelihood. Beyond that? 34 YO Dirk will probably still be much better than guys like Jamison/Varejao/Mo/Shaq... maybe Mavs recycle some expiring contracts for younger players with big contracts? Depends on how they use the MLE? Maybe Lebron takes his game to yet another level?

And if the Mavs were somehow to keep Beaubois whilst bringing Lebron in then the Mavs are set for the immediate future AND the long distant future.

Point being, if/when Lebron comes to Dallas, he will probably have a 3-5 year window of contending for titles... if not more.

ghazi your team is old, has absolutely NO speed, is not athletic, it has to do a sign and trade and it has NO FUCKING d. Oh and got almost swept by a team that was swept by a team that will probably be swept. How the fuck do you think lebron would even consider your sorry ass franchise?

Lay down what you smokin boy

The Gemini Method
05-14-2010, 12:09 PM
What's a better question is; Why would LeBron give up this attention? I mean, he is obviously milking it for what its worth or he would've given a definite answer. So, he seems ready for the bright lights of the NYC. I mean, he did say in regards to Cleveland' fans, "We had a great time together." That right there doesn't seem to be an indication that he plans on staying. I don't see him in the wine & gold next year. I would also be surprised to see if he's in Chi-Town as well. I think I'm beginning to get like a Spursfan mentioned earlier, "a tad bit tired of this LeBacle Trade Rumor B.S." Though it is hilarious to see the Mavfan fellatio the fuck out of a pipe dream.

Ghazi
05-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Dumb post. Mavs went 55-27 this year. They are a good team that was arguably a few breaks and coaching decisions away from not only winning the 1st round, but possibly advancing to the Finals. You add the best basketball player on the planet to a say... 50 win team then you are flirting with an all time great team.

Mavs suddenly wouldn't be so "slow and old" when they have the specimen known as Lebron on their team.

And I'll take an old and slow 55 win team over an up and coming 70 loss team.

JamStone
05-14-2010, 12:12 PM
A lineup of:

Devin harris
Courtney lee
Lebron James
Chris Bosh
Brook Lopez

that would be deadly. Get that Wade shit of here. Theres no way all those players + Wade will be able to mesh. With that lineup they have the slashing PG, 3pt SG, Lebron, Bosh, and a center who is deadly in the low post and can get the J.

Wade would "mesh" just fine. A team with Wade and LeBron would make it work.

Don't think you'd need an elite PF next to Lopez. Get a role-playing PF who can defend and rebound and hit an occasional midrange jumper, and it's fine. Lopez is already a 20-point scorer. You put Bosh next to Lopez, and you relegate Lopez into a 10-12 point scorer. Why do that when he's proven to be a capable of being a 20-point scorer? Now, he'll lose points playing next to LeBron and Wade as well, there's no doubt about that. But, playing next to Bosh, he'll be losing low-post touches. At least with Wade and LeBron, he'll be getting a good number of those low-post touches even if he doesn't ultimately score on them. Plus, he'd be a huge beneficiary of lay-ups and dunks off of LeBron and Wade drives to the basket. Bosh wouldn't create those same type of scoring chances for him.

Ghazi
05-14-2010, 12:15 PM
People are also disregarding the Lebron BRAND side. Lebron is more than just a basketball player.

Lebron + Jerry Jones + Mark Cuban + Jerryworld = :danceclub :danceclub

sefant77
05-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Didn't say it was bad for Mavs fans to talk about it.

Dallas being the best or one of the best options for James is a pretty biased opinion, but if that's what you want to feel, I got no problem with it. I disagree with that, but I don't have a problem if you want to feel that way.

My point was that you discredit the possibility of LeBron going to the Nets when it's as likely as, and personally I think more likely than, LeBron going to the Mavs but you don't talk about how pretty far-fetched that possibility is.

I didnt discredit, i always said Nets and Mavs are the best option for James on the paper. That the Nets look great and young but have that "young unproven" lable.

boston.balla
05-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Wade would "mesh" just fine. A team with Wade and LeBron would make it work.

Don't think you'd need an elite PF next to Lopez. Get a role-playing PF who can defend and rebound and hit an occasional midrange jumper, and it's fine. Lopez is already a 20-point scorer. You put Bosh next to Lopez, and you relegate Lopez into a 10-12 point scorer. Why do that when he's proven to be a capable of being a 20-point scorer? Now, he'll lose points playing next to LeBron and Wade as well, there's no doubt about that. But, playing next to Bosh, he'll be losing low-post touches. At least with Wade and LeBron, he'll be getting a good number of those low-post touches even if he doesn't ultimately score on them. Plus, he'd be a huge beneficiary of lay-ups and dunks off of LeBron and Wade drives to the basket. Bosh wouldn't create those same type of scoring chances for him.

jam's right , look at lopez adding some weight during the summer cause he has a good wide frame.... they need another defensive/rebounding big wich they will be able to get quite cheaply to a team that already tanked alot and could have gotten to 30-35 wins with no problem. Add to that lebron and top5 pick AND another max and you've got a real contender built on defense. A very young contender I might add, and a contender not having the salary problems the young teams are going to have this/next year.

JamStone
05-14-2010, 12:29 PM
I didnt discredit, i always said Nets and Mavs are the best option for James on the paper. That the Nets look great and young but have that "young unproven" lable.

You discredited the fact that they could find a way to afford two max contract players, when it's more than possible. But, you seem content to believe in the possibility of all the things falling into place for LeBron to land in Dallas.

That's what I was saying.

Say the NBA salary cap is at $58 million next year. The Nets currently have a payroll of about $22 million. That's $36 million in cap space. A max contract starts out at 30% of the cap, which would be a starting salary of $17.4 million. Times two = $34.8 million. The Nets have enough for two max contracts.

Now granted, getting a top 4 pick means adding roughly $4.5-5 million to that payroll. So, if the Nets really want two max contract players (like a LeBron and Wade), then they'd either have to sell that lottery pick or find a way to dump Yi Jianlian without taking back a contract.

Either scenario is as possible if not more possible than Dallas landing LeBron.

That's my point.

sefant77
05-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Since i guess that will stay the main Lebron thread until July:

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/Mister-ious/sign/Lebron.png

:D

sefant77
05-14-2010, 12:33 PM
You discredited the fact that they could find a way to afford two max contract players, when it's more than possible. But, you seem content to believe in the possibility of all the things falling into place for LeBron to land in Dallas.

That's what I was saying.

Say the NBA salary cap is at $58 million next year. The Nets currently have a payroll of about $22 million. That's $36 million in cap space. A max contract starts out at 30% of the cap, which would be a starting salary of $17.4 million. Times two = $34.8 million. The Nets have enough for two max contracts.

Now granted, getting a top 4 pick means adding roughly $4.5-5 million to that payroll. So, if the Nets really want two max contract players (like a LeBron and Wade), then they'd either have to sell that lottery pick or find a way to dump Yi Jianlian without taking back a contract.

Either scenario is as possible if not more possible than Dallas landing LeBron.

That's my point.

Yes, my fault was that i was still doing the maths with 54mio and forgot the scenario to dump the pick or someone for a trade exception.

The Nets are my frontrunner (Roster, Jay-Z, Brooklyn), Mavs are 2nd for me but as a homer im of course pushing the James to Mavs thing :D

Basketballgirl25
05-14-2010, 12:57 PM
[quote=Ghazi;4348412]

ghazi your team is old, has absolutely NO speed, is not athletic, it has to do a sign and trade and it has NO FUCKING d. Oh and got almost swept by a team that was swept by a team that will probably be swept. How the fuck do you think lebron would even consider your sorry ass franchise?

Lay down what you smokin boy

ok this was fun
Mavs were swept by Spurs
who were swept by Suns
who will most likey be swept by Lakers:lol

duhoh
05-14-2010, 12:58 PM
lebron to CHI makes no sense. they need shooters, and with all of the inside hustle and bustle on top of the slashing of rose, it'd be REALLY clogged up with lebron.

we'll see though. i know wade and lebron would LOVE to play together.

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 01:10 PM

Ok, but I hope that once LeBron signs somewhere else you can go and get Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett to put you over the top. Dampier and some other minor asset should do it.

boutons_deux
05-14-2010, 02:17 PM
# The New York Times
May 14, 2010

It’s Not Where James Is Going; It’s Why He Is Losing

By WILLIAM C. RHODEN

Boston

At 12:10 a.m. Friday, LeBron James answered one final question from the news media horde, stood up, slung his knapsack over his shoulder and left the room.

For all practical purposes, it might have been King James’s final act as a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers. James’s Cavs had been eliminated from the N.B.A. playoffs by the Celtics, 94-85. James played well. He had 27 points, 19 rebounds 10 assists, but also nine of Cleveland’s 22 turnovers.

Now James was standing in the corridor, where he mingled with his other team: family, friends and associates, some of whom may help him decide where to play next season.

One soap opera ends, another begins.

The question between now and July 1 is: Where?

Where will the Chosen One land? Everyone will be in his ear. Everyone has a take on it.

The Celtics’ Kevin Garnett, who had a major role in sending King James on vacation, cautioned the young star about being too loyal. Loyalty, like guilt, can kill. Garnett stayed in Minnesota for 12 seasons and never won a championship.

“Loyalty is something that hurts you at times because you can’t get your youth back,” Garnett said. “I can say that if I can go back and do my situation over, knowing what I know now with this organization, I’d have done it a little earlier.”

On the surface there is no wrong answer for James.

“The world is his,” Garnett said. “Whatever he wants it to be.”

There are a multitude of good options; James’s challenge is to find the great one.

He can begin by asking the right question.

For the moment, the critical question for James is not, Where? Or, What?

The critical question is, Why?

Why was Cleveland ousted once again from the playoffs?

Last season Orlando jettisoned King James and his court in the conference finals. James was so distraught — or miffed — that he left the court without so much as shaking hands with his opponents. In 2008 Cleveland was eliminated by the Celtics in the conference semifinals.

Why? Perhaps it’s the coach. All King James has to do is say the word and Mike Brown will get the royal ax. That may happen without James’s saying a word.

Perhaps it’s the team’s general manager, Danny Ferry. The Cavaliers, as assembled, are not good enough to reach the N.B.A. finals. Without James, they are barely a playoff team.

Why?

What distinguishes this loss from the others is that James lost more than a series: his crown lost some of its luster. A pair of uninspired performances at home against Boston left a bitter taste in the mouths of many loyal Cleveland fans. Was it his injured elbow, or did James simply lose interest? His performance in Game 5 was so detached and uninspired that there was speculation that he wanted to purposely anger Cavaliers fans to make his departure easier. Fans booed after his 15-point performance. On Friday Celtics fans improvised a derisive, “New York Knicks, New York Knicks “ chant when James went to the free throw line.

The crucial question for James right now is not where but why.

Why have things come to this?

“The only thing I can think about right now is the season being over,” James said. “You have expectations going into the postseason and you never can predict the future, but at the same time, you hope for things much brighter than what is going on right now.”

We all eventually learn to rationalize, if not totally understand, failures and disappointments. After Cleveland’s Game 6 loss on Thursday night one member of James court tried to take away the sting.

“A friend of mine told me today after the game that I guess you have to go through a lot of nightmares before you finally accomplish your dream,” James said. “That’s what’s going on individually for myself right now.”

As he walked to his locker room early Friday morning, Celtics Coach Doc Rivers said he had been concerned going into Game 6 that his team might be distracted. Nobody was talking about the game. This series — any series in which James played — would be one part basketball and three parts soap opera. What about James’s coming decision, his elbow, his mood?

“Everybody was talking about, what if we win, what if Cleveland wins, what happens to LeBron,” Rivers said. “I was just very concerned that we were going to start focusing on the ether. You got to win the game. You got to play the game.”

Boston is too experienced a team to be defeated by that kind of distraction. It took Garnett 13 years to win a championship, Ray Allen 12 and Paul Pierce 10.

All three went through a transformation. In 2008 Garnett and Allen joined Pierce in Boston. Rivers asked them to shed their egos. He introduced the concept of Ubuntu, a South African term that loosely means unity: sacrificing personal gain for the good of the whole.

There are so many impediments to achieving unity: vanity, ego. For James, the impediment may be balancing vanity, ego and the quest for silver and gold with selflessness and winning.

“That’s what makes it so intriguing,” Rivers said “We’ll be talking about this until July 1.”

The Celtics won’t be. They will be playing basketball.

We can all get back to basketball now: Celtics-Magic on Sunday; Lakers-Suns on Monday.

LeBron James can answer questions.

After another unhappy ending, the question King James should be asking is not, Where? It’s, Why?

E-mail: [email protected]

HarlemHeat37
05-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I would love to see him play for the Nets, but I still don't see it..I can't imagine him playing in one of the worst places in North America for a few years, since moving to Brooklyn won't happen right now..if it was sooner, I'd absolutely believe it's his 1st option..

BTW, for those including Harris on the potential rosters, it won't happen..Harris isn't a championship-level player, the Nets would be stupid to keep him if Lebron joins..

Basketballgirl25
05-14-2010, 03:29 PM
I would love to see him play for the Nets, but I still don't see it..I can't imagine him playing in one of the worst places in North America for a few years, since moving to Brooklyn won't happen right now..if it was sooner, I'd absolutely believe it's his 1st option..

BTW, for those including Harris on the potential rosters, it won't happen..Harris isn't a championship-level player, the Nets would be stupid to keep him if Lebron joins..

Nets wouldn't be stupid if they kept Harris, as a Nets fan I say this. He wasn't as good as the season before, but the Nets weren't either and he only had Brook Lopez who was only in his second year, give Harris another like Lebron. And Harris could help the team, though if they get John Wall Nets will most likely trade Harris, but they won't have to panic and move him, his contract is good and not big so does not harm and maybe Wall and Harris would work together if we did draft Wall

lefty
05-14-2010, 04:01 PM
He is going to Chicago

That's why he is not going to wear # 23 anymore

crc21209
05-14-2010, 04:05 PM

This ^^^^^

crc21209
05-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Dumb post. Mavs went 55-27 this year. They are a good team that was arguably a few breaks and coaching decisions away from not only winning the 1st round, but possibly advancing to the Finals. You add the best basketball player on the planet to a say... 50 win team then you are flirting with an all time great team.

Mavs suddenly wouldn't be so "slow and old" when they have the specimen known as Lebron on their team.

And I'll take an old and slow 55 win team over an up and coming 70 loss team.

He's not gonna leave one crap choke city to go to another one...come on now...

crc21209
05-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Cuban was allready talking about realizing to play a few games each year in the cowboys stadium. 80000 screaming James kiddies. James as lifetime Cowboy fan can buy his own suit etc.

Well, beside the contender status there are plenty of small reasons why James COULD like the Mavs. Same with the Nets.

Just telling why the Mavs could have a shot getting James (not telling he will come).

And read about the dustchip..

Buy his own "suit" huh? :lmao!

sefant77
05-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Oh noes, im not a native english speaker and forgot the "e". Big thing.

ginobili's bald spot
05-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Oh and got almost swept by a team that was swept by a team that will probably be swept.

I lol'd at this part.

picc84
05-14-2010, 04:29 PM
I think its safe to say....if you're living in Cleveland, and not winning championships...you're throwing your life away.

NY will be good to you, Lebron. Yankees, Jay-Z, Manhattan....at least if you don't win there, you'll still be having the time of your life.

XFactor
05-14-2010, 04:53 PM

In my opinion all this talk about Lebron James shadowing MJ or about him constantly being compared to MJ if he goes to Chicago is bull. What if Lebron James likes being compared to MJ? After all, he grew up idolizing him he even wears his jersey number and pointed out his loyalty to MJ by considering the entire league to retire his number. To Lebron he would take it as a compliment.

People are making this whole shadowing thing seem like a big thing. From a fan perspective I wouldn't really care if a player with who constantly is being compared to MJ plays for the Bulls. Ya Michael Jordan was an awesome player, greatest of all time but that's the past, we will never forget him but we also have to look into the future too.

Btw whats going to drive Lebron into Chicago is the fact that he has the chance to bring back a title to Chicago whom his idol once did. Thats a real nice motivation for Lebron.

Look

Dallas 55-27
New Jersey 12-70
New York 27-55 (dunno for sure)
Chicago 42-40
Cavs-Lebron 35-47 AT BEST

It is a NO brainer where Lebron will go IF he wants to win rings. I dont care if the other teams are younger, when you add Lebron to a 55 win team and hold most of the core pieces in tact, youre automatically in the 65-70 win ballpark.

Your argument would make sense if the Mavs were a young team or at least in their prime. Your best player may still be in his prime but players like Kidd (37) Marion (33) Dampier (34) Terry (32) etc are aging. Lebron might win one title and thats it. After that its back to where he was in Cleveland. Lebron made it clear in his press conference that he wants to win. Winning a title and thats it isn't going to cut it.

Wall
Lee
James
Bosh
Lopez
+
T Williams
CDR
+

Whats up with all the assumptions? You're assuming that the Nets are going to get the 1st pick and you're also assuming that John Wall is not going to be a bust. Also do the Nets have enough to sign 2 max contracts?

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Whats up with all the assumptions? You're assuming that the Nets are going to get the 1st pick and you're also assuming that John Wall is not going to be a bust. Also do the Nets have enough to sign 2 max contracts?

Yes, I am assuming that. If in the lottery they end up with the 4th pick, then they become way less attractive to LBJ.

Chr!s Childs
05-14-2010, 06:30 PM
lebron is coming to the knicks

belee dat.

Spursfan092120
05-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Lebron will be a Bull next year.

Basketballgirl25
05-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Lebron will move to Mexico and become a singer, and never play basketball again. We will all start seeing Wade, Dirk, Kidd, and Brook Lopez vanish from their teams and then next year there will be a song on the radio that everyone will like called "What's my team" and it will be a new boy band. not really, but I find this thinking better then where Lebron will end up lol

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 01:38 AM
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs551.snc3/30138_1273731691092_1463929101_30592021_219377_n.j pg

Ghazi
05-15-2010, 01:52 AM
^ what he said

Roddy we gonna miss you. Kick some ass with the Cavs. It ain't personal, it's just business.

Vertical
05-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Isn't Dallas teetering on bankruptcy?

Ghazi
05-15-2010, 01:54 AM
The only thing that's bankrupt is league parity after the Mavs go 73-9 next year

TheRealCB
05-15-2010, 02:21 AM
Who's gonna beat Kidd/Butler/Lebron/Nowitzki/Haywood 9 times Ghazi..

Oh yeah,Rick..While trying to make Barea the next 6th man of the year:depressed

Shastafarian
05-15-2010, 02:44 AM
Maybe you should make a youtube Ghazi. Explain why all LeBron's teammates in Cleveland suck. I bet he'd be all, "That hairy motherfucker has a point. Dallas here I come!"

sefant77
05-15-2010, 04:42 AM
Ghazi should change the photoshop to Lebrons new number next year ;)

Basketballgirl25
05-15-2010, 06:43 AM
The only thing that's bankrupt is league parity after the Mavs go 73-9 next year

The Mavs aren't going 73-9 next year. because half there players will move to Mexico and become a boy band:toast:lol, actually they won't really be a band it will be more like guys that sticks out tongue(aka Dirk), old man(aka Kidd), and if Lebron reall went to mavs(he won't) Lebron(aka Justin Timberlake of band):lol

sefant77
05-15-2010, 07:35 AM
The Mavs aren't going 73-9 next year. because half there players will move to Mexico and become a boy band:toast:lol, actually they won't really be a band it will be more like guys that sticks out tongue(aka Dirk), old man(aka Kidd), and if Lebron reall went to mavs(he won't) Lebron(aka Justin Timberlake of band):lol

Funny how Jason Kidd will play more games the next 2 years than Devin Harris

Spursfan092120
05-15-2010, 09:37 AM
lol @ anyone who truly thinks Lebron is going to Dallas next year.

sefant77
05-15-2010, 11:22 AM
lol @ anyone who truly thinks Lebron is going to Dallas next year.

Most ppl here just think its a legit option for James, nothing more.

boutons_deux
05-15-2010, 11:30 AM
# The New York Times

May 14, 2010

In Cleveland, Sports Fans Cheer Until It Hurts

By FRANK W. LEWIS

CLEVELAND — The three sports bars on Coventry Road, in the eastside Cleveland suburb of Cleveland Heights, are among the places that Northeast Ohio’s sports fans congregate by the hundreds for important games. In galvanizing moments, the roar of their simultaneous cheers can be heard blocks away.

The bars are filled on the holy days of obligation for the Cleveland sports faithful, most of which involve the Browns. Cleveland is, after all, a football town, despite a history of heartbreak that has been handed down from generation to generation. But in recent years, the Cavaliers have also found a place in that small, vulnerable chamber of the fans’ collective heart, thanks almost entirely to the charismatic, Akron-born superstar LeBron James.

On Thursday, when the Cavaliers faced the Boston Celtics in the do-or-die sixth game of the conference semifinals of the N.B.A. playoffs, the Winking Lizard bar was packed and every television was tuned to the game. But in the waning minutes of the fourth quarter, when Cleveland trailed by 10, then by 4, then by 11, then finally by 9, the fans were almost silent. Their tight lips and slowly shaking heads said enough.

“Thank God the sun is shining today,” the Cleveland city councilman Michael Polensek said Friday, “because people are down.”

Shock would be harder to find.

“I was watching with my dad, and it just felt normal,” said Vince Grzegorek, a sports blogger for the weekly Cleveland Scene. “It felt normal for us to lose.”

Grzegorek, whose blog is called ’64 and Counting, a reference to Cleveland’s 46-year championship drought, acknowledged that the Cavaliers’ loss did not rival the legendary collapses known to every Clevelander as The Drive, The Fumble and The Shot. And this situation has a twist. The pain will be prolonged by the question of whether James, who is a free agent, has played his last game in a Cavaliers uniform.

Cleveland’s relationship with James has been an exciting romance, partly because it was so wildly improbable. The bounce of a Ping-Pong ball gave the Cavaliers the right to draft James, a homegrown phenom, in 2003. Three years later the then-new owner, the Michigan businessman Dan Gilbert, enticed James to sign a contract extension. With the addition of Shaquille O’Neal in 2009, expectations soared. Clevelanders dared to believe that one of their teams could win it all.

It would be difficult to overstate the value of such hope in this beleaguered Rust Belt city, which in recent years has topped lists of the most impoverished and most miserable cities and still endures jokes about the Cuyahoga River fire of 1969. Fans have created Web sites and designed T-shirts, financed the purchase of a billboard and recorded a local-star-studded “We Are The World” parody titled “We Are LeBron,” all in an endearing, if awkward, effort to keep the King among his loyal subjects in Cleveland. Fans have long hoped that James shares their belief that he belongs here.

The comedian Ramon Rivas warned James in a blog post that the boos he heard during Game 5 — which Rivas attributed to less-than-true, upper-class fans who can afford playoff tickets — would be the norm in New York. Call it crass warfare.

“That one booing probably hurt you,” Rivas wrote. “It probably made you wonder: What’s wrong with these people, don’t they realize what I’ve done for this city? We realize it, but the rich folks don’t.”

With Thursday’s loss, however, many fans are bracing for the long-feared breakup by practicing their anger.

“Even one championship with the Cavs would have secured his spot with Jim Brown as one of Cleveland’s all-time best,” said James S. Abbott, a medical supplies salesman and lifelong Cleveland sports fan. “Now, he’s one of a thousand who couldn’t get it done when it counted.”

Grzegorek said: “For years my go-to joke has been that if he leaves, we can sell the city for cab fare to the I-480 bridge and we can all jump off together. But I don’t feel that way today. If he wants to leave, let him leave. If he can’t win it in seven years, then what would it take?”

Cuyahoga County Commissioner Peter Lawson Jones, who lent his voice to the “We Are LeBron” project, worried about such fatalism. He said someone suggested to him that James’s leaving “would be another blow to our civic ego,” but that it shouldn’t be.

Clevelanders, of all people, should understand the danger of hanging all of their hopes on one athlete. “We have to be careful not to let our psyche get too dependent on a performer — and that’s what athletes are, they’re performers,” Jones said.

Erik Goehringer, a technology professional from Akron, said: “LeBron is a great player, and a good guy, but he’s only an athlete. He doesn’t define this city any more than I do. I hope he stays, but if not you’ll hardly see people rioting or committing mass suicides. You are only a loser if you act like one. Or if you are from Pittsburgh or Michigan.”

Humor as dark as Lake Erie — that is how some Cleveland fans cope. To paraphrase an old quote: To be a Cleveland sports fan is to know that in the end your team will break your heart.

“Everything about this,” Grzegorek sighed, “is so Cleveland.”

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 12:48 PM

Did Ghazi make this site

http://www.lebrontothemavs.com/

Basketballgirl25
05-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Funny how Jason Kidd will play more games the next 2 years than Devin Harris

Funny how I don't care who plays more games, it's not a one man show, it's a team game if Devin Harris not playing as many games or is traded to another team and it pays off and Nets win the finals I say great

sefant77
05-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Funny how I don't care who plays more games, it's not a one man show, it's a team game if Devin Harris not playing as many games or is traded to another team and it pays off and Nets win the finals I say great

what a lame answer to my bashing of your age bashing

Basketballgirl25
05-15-2010, 06:19 PM

So you think Kidd playing more games then Harris is better then Mavs win the finals? If you feel that way great more power to you. I don't care what players get what minutes if they are on the Nets and help them win doesn't matter.:toast

Basketballgirl25
05-15-2010, 06:20 PM

and if you want to see lame go over to www.dallas-mavs.com now most of those people are lame:lol

Roddy Beaubois
05-16-2010, 02:40 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?&articleid=1255207&format=&page=1&listingType=sco#articleFull

Bron to Dallas talk starts in 3, 2 . . . now.

Actually started, past tense. Thursday. About 10 p.m. CDT, or seconds after King James and his Cavs crashed and burned in yet another playoffs. Best NBA record apparently guarantees jack squat. Boston advanced somewhat easily to the East Finals, and Team LeBron walked into yet another off-season without a ring.

Only this time he has choices. Stay in Cleveland? Or go to New York or Chicago (or, dare I say, Dallas?), via a nifty little opt-out clause in his contract?

Sounds like a certain Big German I know.

Do not mistake this for a Dirk=LeBron. I love The Big German. I am not crazy. LeBron is younger and nastier and just better, yet he finds himself exactly where Dirk Nowitzki does — probably needing to leave his only NBA home to have a chance at a championship.

Just call him LeGone James after this latest debacle.

And why not us as a soft landing spot? I’m tired of this LeBron to the Windy City, South Beach or Manhattan with nary a Mavericks mention.

So let me be the first to say: Choose the Mavericks, LeBron.

Dallas is the perfect landing spot for your tarnished King crown, with Dirk giving you two greats and an owner adept at marketing you into an even bigger deal and a city where sports and athletes rule.

New York sounds like a big stage. Problem is, New York is almost too big, with actors and sports and everything imaginable all competing for attention.

In Dallas, it would be you. And Tony Romo. And you.

Games at JerryWorld. And Owner Jones is likely to toss in a couple of primo Cowboys season tickets, if you promise to wear a Roy Williams jersey to games to help legitimize him.

And Mavs owner Mark Cuban needs to find a way to make LeBron to Dallas happen. If not, all hope is lost. We have Jason "bleeping" Kidd as our point guard. Of course, LeBron is our only hope.

The only other option is Dirk leaves for Chicago and the Mavs become Timberwolves South, because another season of 50 meaningless regular-season wins and a playoff gag is just downright nauseating.

LeBron as a Maverick brings hope.

Go ahead and laugh, and I am sure a few cranky Fort Worth Star-Telecolleagues already have dismissed LeBron to Dallas as a possibility. Vegas lists odds of LeBron coming to Dallas at 30-1, which is telling me there is a chance. And while I have been hard on Cuban lately, he usually excels in just such situations.

I realize consensus seems to be Chicago makes the most basketball sense, seeing as how the Bulls have Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah and a bunch of money. And New York makes sense because it is New York.

Let’s not forget this is the Knicks, once a safe sanctuary for the basketball idiocy of Isiah Thomas. So even with enough cap room to sign two players to a max deal, do you really trust New York?

Which brings us to us. Why Dallas is perfect is Dirk.

LeBron so obviously wants to be The Man, a role not guaranteed in Chicago with Rose. And he wants to have a chance to win now, which is hardly guaranteed in Nets New York or Knicks New York.

In Dallas, he has a chance to win now.

And he has his Robin, only with Batman talent.

Dirk is one of the few, if not the only, NBA superstars who is not only OK with but seems to welcome a name bigger than himself. The guy is so amazingly gifted, yet so very unselfish. Almost too unselfish at times, but that is for another day. This is exactly the kind of wingman LeBron seems to need.

Because King James raised a few red flags about himself in this latest playoff debacle, namely looking like a whiny you-know-what.

It also looked like he quit. And his post-loss "me and my team, we have a game plan that we’ll execute and we’ll see where we’re at" spiel certainly reeked of sorry. "We" was not short for him, Antawn Jamison and Mo Williams, nor was "his team" a Cavs reference. His BFFs apparently include lawyers and PR types and marketing gurus.

Welcome to The King James version of The NBA.

Do you think anybody ever tells him, "Hey, dude, you are doing it wrong?" And while Dirk is unlikely to say that, how he goes about his business will.

Yes, Dallas is the perfect landing spot for LeBron, but Cuban needs to go all in starting now. On thebiglead.com, I watched what amounts to Ohio glitterati singing "Please Stay, LeBron" to the tune of "We Are The World".

Word of warning: Do not click. Sounds like a Lindsay Lohan track.

What Cleveland seems to have is a plan, and we had better get started. I almost guarantee Texans have far better video capability. Call Jamie Foxx, Owen and Luke Wilson, Jerry Jones and Norah Jones. We already have proof that Romo likes to sing.

Roger and Troy, too.

And I almost guarantee Dirk flies back from Germany to reprise his solo in "This Kiss" for LeBron. He randomly dropped LeBron’s name in his end-of-season interview, so Dirk obviously realizes he needs him.

Dirk is LeBron and LeBron is Dirk.

Neither can go where he wants to as his team is presently constructed. Both need the other.

So choose us, LeBron. You are our only hope.

Ghazi
05-16-2010, 02:50 PM
^ :tu

NewJerSpur
05-16-2010, 06:40 PM
I was thinking that Cuban might try to make a play for LeBron during the 1st round, he and Wade actually. My question is, for Mav fans, how would you feel if Wade were brought in to Dallas to take the pressure off Dirk?

As a Seahawk fan, it's the equivalent of being asked how I would feel bringing Big Ben into the fold after SB XL*, which might be a strong possibility if his off-field issues keep up.

Spursfan092120
05-16-2010, 07:47 PM

Did Ghazi make this site

http://www.lebrontothemavs.com/
lmao at that headband

Roddy Beaubois
05-16-2010, 07:52 PM
I was thinking that Cuban might try to make a play for LeBron during the 1st round, he and Wade actually. My question is, for Mav fans, how would you feel if Wade were brought in to Dallas to take the pressure off Dirk?

I would be all for it. As long as he stays healthy were looking at :lobt2:.
Plus we would finally have Stern on our side. And the owner of the dwade troll would cry himself to sleep.

Roddy Beaubois
05-16-2010, 10:22 PM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/901240029/King_profilepic.jpg

spurraider21
06-04-2014, 12:42 AM
Win or lose, I can't see LeBron starting over AGAIN and going elsewhere. He'd have to establish a new relationship with a new coach, a supporting cast will have to be built around him, etc. Do you guys think the big 3 will reunite win or lose? Or will this series decide their fate?

DMC
06-04-2014, 12:50 AM
If Miami wins Lebron probably stays in Miami. I cannot say the same for Bosh. Miami probably doesn't want to keep paying that level of salary, not even for championships. You cannot have 3 20m+ players on your team unless you're the Lakers or Knicks. Wade is a staple there so I think he retires there unless he decides otherwise.

If the Heat lose, I think Lebron stays because they are still the best team in the East and the Pacers will likely get some new faces in the off season. The Heat will be in the Finals several more times in the next 5 or 6 years if Lebron stays. The problem is that almost any Eastern team could transform overnight if Lebron lands there. Imagine him back in Cleveland with Irving, Waiters, Bennett (assuming they could detard him) and the 1st overall. That could be interesting.

Chinook
06-04-2014, 01:09 AM
Wade's playing out that deal, and Bosh isn't opting out until at least 2015. So I think it would be James having to decide between staying with his co-stars or moving on. In general, he's the only one of the three for whom it makes financial sense to opt out (or rather that it's not financially foolish). He might opt in this summer to try one more time rather than opting out and having to commit to stay in the post-Wade era. If he opts out, therefore, I think he would seriously be on the market. But the only teams I see with potentially better situation are Cleveland and Chicago. The 2015 market should be much stronger.

So I think he opts in unless he either wants to end his career in South Beach or had planned to return home this whole time.

Clipper Nation
06-04-2014, 07:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EFFmGSN.jpg

Trainwreck2100
06-04-2014, 08:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EFFmGSN.jpg

:lol Lebron going to the west