PDA

View Full Version : 27 Pts, 19 Rebs, 10 Asts and 1 Bitch Effort

newacc
05-14-2010, 02:18 AM
What this post comes down to is I think Lebron is a bitch. He's the most amazing physical specimen basketball or maybe any sport has ever seen. To me, he's like Karl Malone, Tony Parker, and Vince Carter all rolled into one.

Despite all he has, I think there's something really off about him.

Possible reasons why:

First, he never respected Mike Brown from day 1. It's obvious he doesn't give a damn about anything Mike Brown says and that ultimately he'll run the show. He can do this because he's so powerful but ultimately it hurts him because the coach needs to have the respect and command of all the players to implement his strategy. Because he never let Mike Brown have control, the Cavs couldn't go beyond his individual play - no matter how brilliant it was. (Mike Brown a sucky coach, but that's outside the point here).

Second, what in the hell did he just pull in the Cavs last two or three games? I've never seen a mega star pull that type of BS for the whole game, nevermind an elimination game (I do remember Kobe trying to prove a point for a first half). He may have had colossal numbers but he never played like the dominate force he was for the entire regular season. He just shut down the entire factory and basically gave up. The Cavs not fouling at the end may have been his call. It was like Pop was out there telling the troops to lay down 4 minutes into the third quarter.

Third, I hate his BS company lines. Tonight's Press Conference: Lebron knows exactly where he's going so I don't know what the big secret is. Saying he hasn't really thought about it is embarrassing how much of a lie it is. True, he's not the only one but I hate it. It's the offseason now so you may as well announce your plans unless you just want all the attention and free dinners and begging fans. I'm guessing that's what it comes down to.

Fourth, what is he so insecure about? The guy is one of the best dunkers of all time and is afraid to be in the SDC for some unknown reason. He even goes out of his way to say he'll be in the SDC after Dwight puts on his cape, but then quietly backs out before the event.

Then you have the Nike incident where someone dunks on him and he pulls the tape.

As a side note, I hate the spin job BSPN was pulling after the game. Avery, Mash, and Booyah came out and started saying his team sucked. What? I thought this was the season that excuse card got thrown away. Lebron had Antawn, Shaq, Andy V., Mo West, Anthony Parker, and Delonte. That's a pretty decent 7 man rotation right there. But now it looks like the story is his supporting cast sucked so that's why he lost again.

Right...couldn't have been that King James threw in the towel and decided to chew his mouth guard on national tv for a few hours.

He had great numbers, but they didn't mean shit to me this game. He had a sucky ass effort and that same blank, "I'm going to mail this game in" expression on his face I've seen in previous quitters.

This one is on Lebron. I hope he goes to NY or NJ and laughs all the way to the bank with Camel. He'll get to be a billionaire, but he won't get the NBA title until he rides someone elses coattails.

DMX7
05-14-2010, 02:24 AM
What this post comes down to is I think Lebron is a bitch. He's the most amazing physical specimen basketball or maybe any sport has ever seen. To me, he's like Karl Malone, Tony Parker, and Vince Carter all rolled into one.

Possible reasons why:

First, he never respected Mike Brown from day 1. It's obvious he doesn't give a damn about anything Mike Brown says and that ultimately he'll run the show. He can do this because he's so powerful but ultimately it hurts him because the coach needs to have the respect and command of all the players to implement his strategy. Because he never let Mike Brown have control, the Cavs couldn't go beyond his individual play - no matter how brilliant it was. (Mike Brown a sucky coach, but that's outside the point here).

Second, what in the hell did he just pull in the Cavs last two or three games? I've never seen a mega star pull that type of BS for the whole game, nevermind an elimination game (I do remember Kobe trying to prove a point for a first half). He may have had colossal numbers but he never played like the dominate force he was for the entire regular season. He just shut down the entire factory and basically gave up. The Cavs not fouling at the end may have been his call. It was like Pop was out there telling the troops to lay down 4 minutes into the third quarter.

Third, I hate his BS company lines. Tonight's Press Conference: Lebron knows exactly where he's going so I don't know what the big secret is. Saying he hasn't really thought about it is embarrassing how much of a lie it is. True, he's not the only one but I hate it. It's the offseason now so you may as well announce your plans unless you just want all the attention and free dinners and begging fans. I'm guessing that's what it comes down to.

Fourth, what is he so insecure about? The guy is one of the best dunkers of all time and is afraid to be in the SDC for some unknown reason. He even goes out of his way to say he'll be in the SDC after Dwight puts on his cape, but then quietly backs out before the event.

Then you have the Nike incident where someone dunks on him and he pulls the tape.

Fifth, I hate the spin job BSPN was pulling after the game. Avery, Mash, and Booyah came out and started saying his team sucked. What? I thought this was the season that excuse card got thrown away. Lebron had Antawn, Shaq, Andy V., Mo West, Anthony Parker, and Delonte. That's a pretty decent 7 man rotation right there. But now it looks like the story is his supporting cast sucked so that's why he lost again.

Right...couldn't have been that King James threw in the towel and decided to chew his mouth guard on national tv for a few hours.

He had great numbers, but they didn't mean shit to me this game. He had a sucky ass effort and that same blank, "I'm going to mail this game in" expression on his face I've seen in previous quitters.

This one is on Lebron. I hope he goes to NY or NJ and laughs all the way to the bank with Camel. He'll get to be a billionaire, but he won't get the NBA title until he rides someone elses coattails.

That was nothing. Completely overblown.

8sL3KDhhUZ0

JoeTait75
05-14-2010, 02:25 AM
This series showed that when it comes to LeBron the numbers don't really matter...

LeBron can put up numbers in his sleep. But that doesn't mean he's playing well and it doesn't mean he's playing to win.

I've seen LeBron have games where he scores 12 points and is by far the dominant player on the floor, a spectacular performer on both ends. I've seen him score 50 and haven't been impressed with the effort. (the MSG games.)

He can score 20 points with Lt. Dan's legs. But it doesn't matter.

Nahtanoj
05-14-2010, 02:53 AM
Spot on son.

mingus
05-14-2010, 03:05 AM
something was out of order with Lebron. his attitude with the rest of the players and coaching staff, the way they all used to be on the same page and have not only great player chemistry, but personal chemistry, was not there. it was strange to see.

it's not that the Cavs lost, or how they lost, that tells me that Lebron is leaving. it's how Lebron lost. he seemed apathetic toward his teammates. there was some kind of disconnect that no one knows right now, but it is something behind closed doors that will probably get let out at some point.

newacc
05-14-2010, 03:08 AM
Has anybody seen a team quit that bad in the playoffs? They folded faster than superman on laundry day. I kept telling my dad how amazing it was that they were giving up so easily. It was a little surreal.

Mike Brown gave some canned answer that they battled to the very end. I'm guessing his eyes were blurry from the tears or Lebron told him he had to say that.

Mr Bones
05-14-2010, 03:35 AM
Everyone's jumping on the anti-LeBron bandwagon suddenly. It makes no sense. Jordan didn't win a title until he was 28, and I can still remember many sportscasters and commentators saying things like Jordan was a great individual player, but he wasn't as good as Magic or Bird because they made their teammates better and won championships... if anyone said that now they'd be ridiculed as someone who knows absolutely nothing about basketball, and it's the same with LeBron. He's a great player, almost certainly the best player on earth-- his team got beat by a team with more depth, and he was obviously hurt for a portion of the series. He'll be the most sought-after free agent ever this summer for good reason-- because every scout, coach, owner, and player associated with the NBA would want him on their team.

Giuseppe
05-14-2010, 03:47 AM
Has anybody seen a team quit that bad in the playoffs?

Every fox smells his own hole.

midnightpulp
05-14-2010, 03:52 AM
Every fox smells his own hole.

Had that 04 Finals scent, didn't it?

Giuseppe
05-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Had that 04 Finals scent, didn't it?

Uh, the scent was much more recent.

Phallusy
05-14-2010, 04:07 AM
If he would have logged 10 turnovers, would it have counted as a quadruple-double? (he had 9 turnovers) :king

LnGrrrR
05-14-2010, 04:14 AM
Uh, the scent was much more recent.

:lol

You know, it's pretty amazing how dominant the Lakers have been last decade. 4 championships and 6 Finals appearances! Pretty ridiculous.

I hope you LA fans appreciate it. :)

usdane
05-14-2010, 04:27 AM

You know, it's pretty amazing how dominant the Lakers have been last decade. 4 championships and 6 Finals appearances! Pretty ridiculous.

I hope you LA fans appreciate it. :)

We have been spoiled no doubt. We owe a lot of it to 3 constants Phil, Kobe and Jerry Buss. Which is probably why we will always defend Kobe right or wrong, since he has brought it every game injured or not for more than a decade and won 4 rings in the process.

I hope for a rematch in a couple of weeks:toast

boston.balla
05-14-2010, 04:42 AM
something was out of order with Lebron. his attitude with the rest of the players and coaching staff, the way they all used to be on the same page and have not only great player chemistry, but personal chemistry, was not there. it was strange to see.

it's not that the Cavs lost, or how they lost, that tells me that Lebron is leaving. it's how Lebron lost. he seemed apathetic toward his teammates. there was some kind of disconnect that no one knows right now, but it is something behind closed doors that will probably get let out at some point.

spot on.

Cry Havoc
05-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Any team that depends on Anderson Varejao for quality minutes in the crunch time of an elimination game of the playoffs needs to take a serious look at their starting roster.

TJastal
05-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Any team that depends on Anderson Varejao for quality minutes in the crunch time of an elimination game of the playoffs needs to take a serious look at their starting roster.

Really? The guy only led the NBA in the (+/-) category. I'd take him any day as Duncan's running mate and in any crunch time situation.

TheManFromAcme
05-14-2010, 07:44 AM
We have been spoiled no doubt. We owe a lot of it to 4 constants Phil, Kobe, Shaq and Jerry Buss. Which is probably why we will always defend Kobe right or wrong, since he has brought it every game injured or not for more than a decade and won 4 rings in the process.

I hope for a rematch in a couple of weeks:toast

Fixed.

You can't discount Shaq's contribution either. Just sayin.:toast

2Cleva
05-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Fake hustle.

Giuseppe
05-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Really? The guy only led the NBA in the (+/-) category. I'd take him any day as Duncan's running mate and in any crunch time situation.

Yep, yep. He'd a never left the court.

hater
05-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Lebron made many mistakes and choked but with Mo Williams and company playing like a bunch of walking talking vaginas, can you put all the blame on him???

He can't beat 5 guys on the floor by himself.

I was looking at Mo Williams performance and that is gotta be the shittiest sorriest showing I have seen in a looooong time. He just needs to retire after that performance.

Ashy Larry
05-14-2010, 09:25 AM
what it boils down to is that front office and supporting cast .......

1. JJ Hickson gets no run. Hell, if that was going to be the case, ship his ass to Phoenix and get Amar'e.

2. Shaquille said the combination of himself and Z was the best center in the league. They were paired to destroy Bynum, Gasol and Howard. Funny thing is they never faced the Lakers or Magic. Goes back to number one. Hickson and Floppy should have gotten the bulk of the minutes.

3. Jamison finally got a taste of the real playoff season and failed. Dude had a dog elimination game.

4. Not enough credit is directed to the Big three and Rondo had fun with Mo Williams. Mo Williams suffers from Eddie Jones syndrome. Symptoms include: great regular season, disappearing act in the playoffs.

5. Probably the most important aspect: Doc Rivers dug up in Mike Brown with a spiked covered rubber .........

MiamiHeat
05-14-2010, 09:35 AM
The biggest reason they lost is MIKE BROWN.

How can a team be so poorly motivated that they DON'T GIVE A SHIT THAT THEY ARE LOSING?

They looked LOST and DEFEATED! Where is the fucking fire??

not to mention how horribly coached they are, especially on offense.

Mike Brown has to go. He has been LeBron's cock sucker.

That's probably why Brown has stuck around. He does WHATEVER LeBron wants, and lets LeBron do WHATEVER he wants.

So Lebron obviously "Yeah I like Coach Brown"

boston.balla
05-14-2010, 09:43 AM
you set the tone when you mentally dominate the other team and this implies that they are willing to be dominated ( a la cavs). Therefore if the opponent is not willing to be dominated and will fight till the end (celts) you can't set the tone even if you are the best player.

You can say alot of shit about fg% and tos but they are easily compensated by lebrons overall game counting playing 1v5 against a decent defense is a no-no for every player no matter how talented.

This series is all on mike brown and on the composition of team: no identity(defensive or offensive), no mental strength, old pieces (z/shaq/jamison are ancient AND bad defenders=> paint defense sucks) <= coach/front desk business. Lebron should just leave and all but idiots will understand that there's no other way for him.

MiamiHeat
05-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Shaq is done, sad to say

The ring in 2006 was not even his. Shaq wasn't even the best Center on the Heat, Alonzo Mourning was..... he brought the defensive intensity every fucking time.

Giuseppe
05-14-2010, 10:05 AM
This series is all on mike brown

This is specious argument, but, that will be the drum beat and talking points going forward.

And it's a shame because it does nothing but delay the challenge and possible redemption to & of James. Hoisting Brown upon the petard won't "cure" James.

The concern, the naked alarm perhaps should be that James is in essence a "bad seed." That his development mentally is innately stunted. MJ, alone rose above the fear. Kobe, alone (save Daddy) rose above the fear until he rose above it (sans Daddy).

Fear, fear of failure is a terrible thing, be it in the NBA, or, filling out a resume at the kitchen table.

James needs to find a mirror, and that right soon.

BUMP
05-14-2010, 10:22 AM
LeBron is a great player but to beat a great team like Boston, somebody has to eventually step up.

Lebron was playing 1 on 5 in the 4th qtr. I didn't see any quit in him, he would get doubled, dish it out to a teammate, who either turn it over or miss it badly. It was pretty sad to watch, but as a MavFan i've seen collapses like this many times :lol

boston.balla
05-14-2010, 12:11 PM
This is specious argument, but, that will be the drum beat and talking points going forward.

And it's a shame because it does nothing but delay the challenge and possible redemption to & of James. Hoisting Brown upon the petard won't "cure" James.

The concern, the naked alarm perhaps should be that James is in essence a "bad seed." That his development mentally is innately stunted. MJ, alone rose above the fear. Kobe, alone (save Daddy) rose above the fear until he rose above it (sans Daddy).

Fear, fear of failure is a terrible thing, be it in the NBA, or, filling out a resume at the kitchen table.

James needs to find a mirror, and that right soon.

already 1k posts? damn.

tee hee!

TampaDude
05-14-2010, 12:22 PM
I thought for sure LeBron would go nuts last night and force a Game 7. He did okay (27/19/10) but he did have 9 turnovers and he teammates didn't step up like they should have. Mo all but disappeared. 5 > 1

Oh, well...Celtics and Magic for the ECF...should be a good one! :toast

Mr Bones
05-14-2010, 01:34 PM
I thought for sure LeBron would go nuts last night and force a Game 7. He did okay (27/19/10)

diego
05-14-2010, 03:25 PM

I was thinking the same thing last night, and even started considering it the matt bonner effect- scrappy undersized bigs that overperform in the RS and bomb in the PO. the next poster says AJ led the league in +/- for the RS, which fits nicely with my theory. hustle is a given in the PO. size you either have it or you dont.

lurker
05-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Have y'all heard the latest bullshit people are coming up with to defend Lebron? They're saying Delonte has been banging Lebron's mom and he found out during the series. :lol

4>0rings
05-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Have y'all heard the latest bullshit people are coming up with to defend Lebron? They're saying Delonte has been banging Lebron's mom and he found out during the series. :lol
Fucking awesome! :lol

TampaDude
05-14-2010, 03:43 PM

That's a typical good game for LeBron...but he needed to have a MONSTER game (see 2007 ECF Game 5) in order for the Cavs to win. The Celtics are a much better team than many people thought.

Orlando in 5, though. :toast

Andrew Bynum
05-14-2010, 03:44 PM

Four years 32 Million still on the books for the great Varejao :lol

Cavs are so fucked.

MiamiHeat
05-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Lebron puts up a triple dub and this here guy makes a post saying "bitch effort"

LOL

Giuseppe
05-14-2010, 05:11 PM
^Because statistics don't mean squat. That fucker has been throwin' up numbers for 7 years running, and he ain't rung yet. He deserves to be hung by his Buster Browns.

Savvy?

newacc
05-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Lebron puts up a triple dub and this here guy makes a post saying "bitch effort"

LOL

Did you see the game? He got those numbers in a haze. He wasn't the real Lebron. Shows how damn good he is to get a big TD with little effort, but that still doesn't mean he didn't try.

This Delonte West story makes a ton of sense for me. The game was surreal to me. It was like the Cavs weren't there. If they all knew that had happened, it makes a whole lot of sense. It's a crazy story, but the way the Cavs all looked, I'd believe it. First half, Mo tries to step up for Lebron and does but it didn't carry over.

It's an almost unbelievable story but I believe it because I knew there was more going on than just the Cavs "didn't have it." It makes a hell of a lot of sense.

thispego
05-14-2010, 05:18 PM
lebron puts up a triple dub and this here guy makes a post saying "bitch effort"

lol

except he was 1 turnover shy of a quadruple double

Smooth Criminal
05-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Come on now the man almost had a quadruple double...one more turnover and he had it!

jdev82
05-14-2010, 11:25 PM

Possible reasons why:

As a side note, I hate the spin job BSPN was pulling after the game. Avery, Mash, and Booyah came out and started saying his team sucked. What? I thought this was the season that excuse card got thrown away. Lebron had Antawn, Shaq, Andy V., Mo West, Anthony Parker, and Delonte. That's a pretty decent 7 man rotation right there. But now it looks like the story is his supporting cast sucked so that's why he lost again.

about kobe, what about game 7 against the suns a few years back? that wasnt just the first half.
or boston in game 6 two years back?
any way, about lebrons numbers, the 19 boards is misleading. its easy to grab rebounds in garbage time when noone is trying, and its even easier to grad defensive rebounds against a boston team whose strategy is to get back on d instead of banging for o rebounds to prevent the break. misleading. the 9 TO's werent misleading at all tho.