PDA

View Full Version : Did LBJ/Cavs tank on the road on purpose?

pauls931
05-14-2010, 07:38 AM
To avoid doing so in front of their fans instilling a riot? LBJ put up some great numbers but as Red Aubach would say about freethrows, he wants to know how someone does the last 2 minutes of a game. LBJ hits 2 3s puts them within 4, then the team goes stupid.

BTW, did he appear in the post game interview? I just saw a bottle of Gatorade G2 sitting there.

LBJ is taking a beating, but what's so disgusting was this looked like an organizational quit. Someone should have been on the phone telling brown to get their asses going.

For the record, I'm glad the Cavs are out due to the LBJ hype machine, but not like this.

jermaine
05-14-2010, 07:47 AM
To avoid doing so in front of their fans instilling a riot? LBJ put up some great numbers but as Red Aubach would say about freethrows, he wants to know how someone does the last 2 minutes of a game. LBJ hits 2 3s puts them within 4, then the team goes stupid.

BTW, did he appear in the post game interview? I just saw a bottle of Gatorade G2 sitting there.

LBJ is taking a beating, but what's so disgusting was this looked like an organizational quit. Someone should have been on the phone telling brown to get their asses going.

For the record, I'm glad the Cavs are out due to the LBJ hype machine, but not like this.

Idk but it sho in da hell looked like it. Them bitches won't my $50 back I lost in da OkC & Lakers series! They had no hustle about themselves!

Muser
05-14-2010, 07:50 AM
No, Boston were just the better team...

mogrovejo
05-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Why the heck would they quit?

People just can't wrap their minds around the fact Boston was better.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-14-2010, 08:31 AM
That last 2 minutes for the Cavs was epic in its lack of testicular fortitude. There has to be some sort of decision to just roll over like that but I don't think the thought process was "Better in Boston than at home." It was probably, "Oh yeah, we're a Cleveland team. Time to kick our fans in the face."

Giuseppe
05-14-2010, 09:03 AM
Paul has been fucking his mother too much.

baseline bum
05-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Why the heck would they quit?

People just can't wrap their minds around the fact Boston was better.

I can see the quitting argument in reference to the last 1:00-1:15 or so when they decided they wouldn't intentionally foul or even press Boston. Of course the game was pretty much over, but last minute comebacks like that do happen, and to not even attempt one was sickening. They acted like it was a 20 point game that last minute.

Did the Cavs never see what Reggie Miller, Isiah Thomas, and Tracy McGrady have done at the end of supposedly unwinnable games?

namlook
05-14-2010, 12:23 PM
No, Boston were just the better team...

Boston played better in the series, and were the better team in this series, but the Cavs were the better team all season. The Cavs just didn't step up when it mattered.