PDA

View Full Version : Big Changes in the Offseason?

arakkus
05-14-2010, 10:40 AM
I wanted to make a case for a huge change that could happen this offseason if the Spurs want to pursue it and of course it really depends if Bosh and Lebron actually hold their team hostage indicating that they will leave to another team and not be coming back. This will force those teams to look for sign and trades. With Spurs sporting a 27 year old PG that shoots near 50% he would be an enticing trade option for those teams without further ado

Tony Parker + Richard Jefferson for Bosh + Turkoglu
Why would Toronto? Salaries will probably match up they definitely do not want Turk after his performance this season and he sure doesn’t want to be there. This allows them to get something for Bosh and they can free up salary investment by letting Jefferson go after his current contract.
Why would San Antonio? Getting Bosh would be like adding Duncan to team up with Robinson it could lead to another series of championships for San Antonio. Turkoglu contract might be too hard to swallow though especially after signing an aging Ginobili to a big contract. If it’s accepted I still think they do it though it’s just too hard to get a good big man.
Why would Bosh? First of all salary he can earn an extra year and more per year by accepting a sign and trade. Playing next to Duncan would also be a plus they would make a formidable post presence. I don’t think he would stop this trade.
Chance of occurring: If Bosh holds them hostage then I think this could have a real good chance of occurring this has got to be one of the best packages out there giving young talent and clearing some salary off the books. Though I could definitely see negotiations taking quite a while with Toronto trying to get either the 20th pick and/or Blair added to pot.

Tony Parker + Richard Jefferson+ George Hill+20th pick for Lebron+Gibson
Why would Cleveland? If Ferry gets nothing out of losing Lebron he will probably never work again. He also has ties to SA, and is getting good young talent in return. As well as being able to put a team on the floor that would probably make the playoffs in the east with Parker at the helm.
Why would San Antonio? Duh…
Why would Lebron? He wouldn’t unless this was the last choice and he wanted max salary. Unfortunately, he would be the one to put the stops to this trade from everything that’s been said about Lebron if he leaves it will be for a big market such as New York, Chicago, or Miami.
Chance of occurring: Very Slim, Cleveland would probably demand more from the Spurs for Lebron but anything more and it decreases his chances of coming to the Spurs since he does want to WIN and does not want to show up to a team caplocked and depleted of talent. Being a small market team on top of that pretty much makes this a longshot.

tdunk21
05-14-2010, 10:43 AM
in the lebron deal..if we give up TP and hill and 20th who will be the PG for the spurs.....

jjvalerieD
05-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Personally, I don't approve of LBJ.
He has great personal ability,but not suit for the spurs.

arakkus
05-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Well Gibson would get some time at point as well as Ginobili. Of course, we would probably have to address this through free agency as well. With Hickson they already have a good big man prospect so I'm thinking they would be most interested in young cheap G. Hill and Spurs would probably bend over backwards to accomodate them. The ball would usually be in Lebron, Duncan, and Ginobili's hands anyway we would just need someone to bring up the ball.

honestfool84
05-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Tony Parker isn't going anywhere.

Buddy Holly
05-14-2010, 10:54 AM
in the lebron deal..if we give up TP and hill and 20th who will be the PG for the spurs.....

Just to play along, DOES IT MATTER? Tim, Manu and Lebron on the same team, for fucks sake, put Jamal Tinsley at the point. :lol It wouldn't matter. Manu and Lebron would be the top two assist leaders.

yavozerb
05-14-2010, 10:55 AM

who cares..

scottspurs
05-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Keep Dreaming

easy7
05-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Share your most intimate fantasies...

Steve-O-Matic
05-14-2010, 12:25 PM
The LeBron talk is absurd. You'd have to offer Parker, Hill, Blair, Splitter, #20 this year, and an unprotected #1 in 2012 just to get Cleveland to stop laughing for a minute...and even then it would be a long-shot.

RiverwalkParade
05-14-2010, 12:47 PM
how about we join a three team deal with CLE and CHI

CHI:
Gets: Lebron, Blair
Sends: Deng, Gibson, James Johnson (filler)

CLE:
Gets: Deng, Richard Jefferson, Splitters rights
Sends: LBJ, Varajeo, Boobie, Moon

SA:
Gets: Varajeo, Moon, Boobie, Gibson
Sends: RJ, Blair, Splitter's rights

Throw in some picks to sweeten it up

CLE gets something in return for Lebron, starts a rebuilding phase and will have cap room for a good signing in 2011 FA

CHI get Bron Bron, enough said

SA rids themselves of RJ, gets defensive toughness in Varajeo, Moon and Gibson and 3 point shooting with Boobie

tdunk21
05-14-2010, 12:53 PM

CHI:

CLE:

SA:

CLE gets something in return for Lebron, starts a rebuilding phase and will have cap room for a good signing in 2011 FA

SA rids themselves of RJ, gets defensive toughness in Varajeo, Moon and Gibson and 3 point shooting with Boobie

thats like givin up toomuch and gettin nothin more

hsxvvd
05-14-2010, 11:57 PM
I think I'm ready to watch a rebuild. Not that it's something I think we should do. But I think I would enjoy watching a new team take shape.

Big P
05-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Why would Cleveland? If Ferry gets nothing out of losing Lebron he will probably never work again. He also has ties to SA, and is getting good young talent in return. As well as being able to put a team on the floor that would probably make the playoffs in the east with Parker at the helm.
Why would San Antonio? Duh…
Why would Lebron? He wouldn’t unless this was the last choice and he wanted max salary. Unfortunately, he would be the one to put the stops to this trade from everything that’s been said about Lebron if he leaves it will be for a big market such as New York, Chicago, or Miami.
Chance of occurring: Very Slim, Cleveland would probably demand more from the Spurs for Lebron but anything more and it decreases his chances of coming to the Spurs since he does want to WIN and does not want to show up to a team caplocked and depleted of talent. Being a small market team on top of that pretty much makes this a longshot.[/QUOTE]

:wow...are you serious?

yavozerb
05-15-2010, 12:28 AM

CHI:

CLE:

SA:

This might be the worst trade idea I have ever seen..:rolleyes

wut
05-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Tony Parker isn't going anywhere.
well then expect another 2nd round exit. The current roster won't get it done... we lack size, quickness and consistent 3 point shooters. Parker is the only Spur we could afford to trade (without giving up too much at his spot) that has any value.

WalterBenitez
05-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Taigo > Varejao ...

MateoNeygro
05-15-2010, 10:16 AM

CHI:

CLE:

SA:

FAIL why give up Splitter's rights when our FO is pretty confident he's coming over. Plus give up Blair? Are you high?

JonNOKC
05-15-2010, 11:02 AM
including Blair in any deal makes no sense - granted all these trades make no sense - but understand Blair is in 2nd year rookie contract - his value is off the charts in terms of pobable production vs salary - it makes no sense to trade him now