PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to get Shane Battier?

Spurgio
05-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Anyone know the extent of his contract with Houston? I always pictured him to fit perfectly in the spurs system.

cutewizard
05-14-2010, 08:58 PM
yeah

id love to have him in a spurs uniform

he can play defense man!!!

lets get shane!!!!

benefactor
05-14-2010, 09:01 PM
He makes 7.4 million. The only deal I would even entertain would be RJ for Battier and Jeffries, but it's basically expiring for expiring so that doesn't make much sense for either team.

benefactor
05-14-2010, 09:02 PM
...unless Houston is ready to give up on Ariza.

montgod
05-14-2010, 09:07 PM
He makes 7.4 million. The only deal I would even entertain would be RJ for Battier and Jeffries, but it's basically expiring for expiring so that doesn't make much sense for either team.

This was always my hang-up with getting him. No way Battier is worth 7.4 million.

benefactor
05-14-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't think he is either. I'm just humoring the masses.

MmP
05-14-2010, 09:09 PM
I'd pay 7.4 millon to stop kobe and make some threes. Put Yao on the deal too, Houston's given up on him.

venitian navigator
05-15-2010, 03:35 AM
whattabout rj + a future first draft choice for battier + ariza ?

Mr Bones
05-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Battier & Jeffries may not be worth 7 mil a year each, but both of those salaries are still closer to true value than Jefferson's 15 million. After the Houston trade, both Walt Frazier and Mike Breen (The Knicks' announcers) agreed that if more people could see the huge difference in the Knick defense pre-Jeffries and post-Jeffries that he'd get votes for all defense team, and I agree.

Lars
05-15-2010, 05:20 AM
Nope.

SenorSpur
05-15-2010, 08:50 AM

Ah!

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 08:54 AM
whattabout rj + a future first draft choice for battier + ariza ?

No! No one rips off the Magician :lol

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 08:55 AM

They are ready to give up on him, but I think he will be going out in a separate deal

BG_Spurs_Fan
05-15-2010, 09:07 AM
They are ready to give up on him, but I think he will be going out in a separate deal

I still think MLE sort of money is a fair value for Ariza, as long as he plays within a system and doesn't shoot 20 times per game. This version of him being a chucker and trying to be the main scorer was awful to watch, though.

MateoNeygro
05-15-2010, 10:02 AM
I've always liked Battier but I would rather have Ariza. As long as he plays within our system. His role with Houston this year didn't fit him at all. He's a role player a very good one that's what they should have him do. I'd take either though TBH.

scottspurs
05-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Rockets aren't going to trade Battier to a division Rival. And then there was Luis Scola....

silverblk mystix
05-16-2010, 09:39 AM
I never thought that Battier could guard Kobe--

just because you put your hand in a shooters face does not make you a good defender...besides...kobe still made most of his shots...

Sefalosha on the other hand...he gave kobe some problems----or at least makes him work hard...

Agloco
05-16-2010, 11:27 AM
This was always my hang-up with getting him. No way Battier is worth 7.4 million.

I don't think he is either. I'm just humoring the masses.

Ordinarily I'd agree. But these are no ordinary times for the Spurs......

Nathan Explosion
05-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see the Spurs go after Ariza. He'd be a taller version of what the Spurs want Hill to be. Then again, the Spurs have Garrett Temple who showed a surprising amount of ability last year. Wonder what he could be with training camp and a season under his belt.

But Ariza is a proven commodity, and you always go with the proven commodity over the unknown.

iManu
05-17-2010, 12:30 AM
I think that girl's butt just made me trip.

kaji157
05-17-2010, 12:48 AM
I would do that deal in a heartbeat because both Battier and Jeffries play defense, and that help defense inside would be the difference maker.
I would even include a pick if that was needed. I donīt think many GM can outsmart Morey, otherwise i would look at it, but Morey would never do this.
Battier is basically the captain of the Rox along with Yao and Scola and Jeffries expiring contract can get you what Jefferson does at what Jefferson should be payed.

As i said a hundred times, Nocioni and "whatever", is what we have to look for. And hope the "whatever" helps.

jdev82
05-17-2010, 01:51 AM
yeah

id love to have him in a spurs uniform

he can play defense man!!!

lets get shane!!!!

youre not allowed to make posts this dumb until you have as many posts as i have

SenorSpur
05-17-2010, 02:24 AM
RJ and Ariza seem to be miscast on both their current teams. I think RJ would be better served with the Rockets, where he's have more offensive freedom and would instantly become one of the primary options on offense.

Ariza, on the other hand, doesn't need the offensive freedom he's received in Houston. He's just not that kind of player and doesn't have that type of offensive skill. He'd probably be better served in a complimentary role as starting SF with the Spurs.

Personally, I wished there was a way that the Spurs and Rockets could flip SFs. It's just a dream.

21_Blessings
05-17-2010, 02:48 AM
Ariza defends Kobe better than Battier anyways. Should have signed him when you had the chance Pop.

Bruno
05-17-2010, 05:46 AM
RJ for Ariza+ Jeffries is a fair deal for both side but I'm not sure Spurs are ready to take Ariza's contract.

Ginobilly
05-17-2010, 04:54 PM
RJ for Ariza+ Jeffries is a fair deal for both side but I'm not sure Spurs are ready to take Ariza's contract.

How much is his contract worth?

Imagine a team with:

Hill/Parker, Manu Ginobili, Ariza, Duncan, Splitter............ I think I just wet myself! Ariza could become the new Bowen, and not worry about being the 1 or 2nd option like he was in Houston:lmao

ffadicted
05-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Man, I would adore ariza, but his contract is so long. With that said, i think he's actually worth MLE money, so I wouldn't mind that much. I still think we should wait and see what RJ can give us this year, and if worst comes to worst, his 14 mil expiring should be gold come january/february

Ditty
05-17-2010, 05:07 PM

:toast

i would love ariza hes young and a hell of a defender dont know about jefferies but he could be a coming out system star how frye was with the suns