PDA

View Full Version : Phil: Nash carries the ball too much

Cry Havoc
05-15-2010, 12:41 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/05/14/lakers.jackson.suns.nash.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) -- Lakers coach Phil Jackson thinks the Phoenix Suns' star point guard sometimes plays a bit too much like a running back.

With a mischievous grin, Jackson said Friday that it's tough for Los Angeles to prepare to face Steve Nash during defensive practice because of the two-time MVP's style with the basketball.

"Yeah, because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it."

Jackson turned his palm over while he spoke, making the officials' gesture for palming of the basketball.

Nash's ball-handling and playmaking are driving the Suns' remarkable postseason success, and Jackson apparently couldn't resist the chance to get in a crack at the Canadian star while perhaps planting a seed in any listening officials' minds. Nash is averaging 17.8 points and 9 assists per game in the playoffs while leading Phoenix past Portland and San Antonio.

The Western Conference finals begin Monday in Los Angeles.

Although Jackson professes ample respect for the 36-year-old Nash's skills, the 10-time NBA champion coach's comment suggests he believes the point guard gets generous treatment from officials in the elastic rules about traveling and palming calls.

Other players and coaches have suggested a similar belief over the years, though Nash is hardly the only NBA player who draws such complaints from opponents: Kobe Bryant also has been known to stretch one of basketball's simplest rules to its limits.

And Nash isn't even the first player in this postseason to draw the attention of Jackson, whose track record of playing such games through the media goes back 20 years to his early seasons with the Chicago Bulls.

Last month before the playoffs even began, Jackson was fined $35,000 by the NBA for saying Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant was getting generous treatment from officials.

"As far as the calls that he gets on the floor, I think a lot of the referees are treating him like a superstar," Jackson said then. "He gets to the line easy and often."

Jackson also was fined two weeks before that incident when he criticized referee Bennett Salvatore after a game against San Antonio. The Lakers also had a beef with Salvatore in last season's playoffs, when Jackson criticized Denver's Dahntay Jones for playing "unsportsmanlike basketball" during a rant about inconsistent officiating -- right after a game refereed by Salvatore.

Jacob1983
05-15-2010, 12:46 AM
What's up with Phil Jackson lately? Does he just like bitch about everything?

lefty
05-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Mind games mind games

RedsLakers24
05-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Phil already playing mind games

ElNono
05-15-2010, 01:15 AM
He's just setting the table...

Jace
05-15-2010, 01:20 AM
^^That's how he works

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 01:26 AM
what a bitch. I get mind games, but his constant complaining just gets old.

poop
05-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Phil is good...

Pop in the same situation would probably just praise him and say not to look him in the eye.

4>0rings
05-15-2010, 01:30 AM
If I was a ref I'd find a reason just to toss him out of the game. Tired of this fag bitching.

Jacob1983
05-15-2010, 02:10 AM
I think a lot of people can't stand his bitching because he has won 10 rings as a coach. When you have that, it's hard to get sympathy well at least from me.

Giuseppe
05-15-2010, 02:27 AM
If I was a ref I'd find a reason just to toss him out of the game. Tired of this fag bitching.

That's just the Suns deep in your ass 4-zip-a-rooney talking.

tee, hee.

PM5K
05-15-2010, 02:31 AM
Lately? You mean since like the 90's? He's totally right though.

Giuseppe
05-15-2010, 03:58 AM
He started early with Durant, laid off with the Jazz and is preemptively striking the Suns 3 days out.

I don't like it, but, he must feel it necessary.

pauls931
05-15-2010, 07:30 AM
What's up with Phil Jackson lately? Does he just like bitch about everything?

He must have a canned response for every team, he's trying to get into the ref's heads now. Had the Spurs won, I'm sure he'd have something to say about Ginobili's inner ear problems.

MateoNeygro
05-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Fucking Phil, what a taint. He pisses me off but at the same time, he knows exactly what he's doing. It's beneficial for his team that he does that shit, so he does it. He wants to win and he doesn't give a shit who he pisses off in the process. I think it's funny when it's not directed at the Spurs.

Koolaid_Man
05-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Fucking Phil, what a taint. He pisses me off but at the same time, he knows exactly what he's doing. It's beneficial for his team that he does that shit, so he does it. He wants to win and he doesn't give a shit who he pisses off in the process. I think it's funny when it's not directed at the Spurs.

I love Phil...an amazing coach...he did this to Durant as well...Nash may not respond but Phil has him and the refs thinking about those carries...gotta love it...I remember the Suns sending in tapes to the league office because of Kobe's elbow's..way to go Phil keep the pressure on...let's get it done...

1h1Yt4KUND4

SpursFanFirst
05-15-2010, 10:28 AM
I wonder if Jackson has ever considered playing a team straight up...no complaining about calls; no mind games...just playing the game.
Too bad he feels his teams need help from the refs.

I can't stand this man.

TIMMYD!
05-15-2010, 10:55 AM
I wonder if Jackson has ever considered playing a team straight up...no complaining about calls; no mind games...just playing the game.

I can't stand this man.

+1

He should shut up every once in a while.

Giuseppe
05-15-2010, 10:55 AM

I can't stand this man.

Buss ain't paying him $12 million per annum to play fair.

TheMACHINE
05-15-2010, 11:22 AM
is nash gonna watch how he dribbles cuz of this remark?

If not, the refs will.

If so, good for the Lakers.

Gentry needs to point out Shanon Brown's carrying of the ball now. lol

G-Nob
05-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Gotta love Jackson no matter who you root for. You always know what he's gonna do before a series starts. You aren't the best at what you do without knowing how to grease the wheels.

Colorful characters like that make this league great.

Bukefal
05-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Great coach, but he needs to STFU with his crap. It isnt working and it's makes him look stupid instead.

BUMP
05-15-2010, 01:23 PM
If I were Jackson i would've gone after Dragic instead of Nash.

Its much harder to get in the head of a 2 time veteran MVP such as Nash when instead you could go after a key player on their team who is known to have issues with confidence at times

Allanon
05-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Alot of Nash's ability to penetrate is based upon his herky-jerky moves to the basket...oftentimes to do this it's very close to a carry and once in a while it is a carry.

Nash consciously or sub-consciously will watch the way he dribbles now. If that means he has to slow down so he doesn't carry, Phil has done his job.

Or if Nash doesn't slow down and continues to carry, it may result in a carry being called by the refs.

Either way, Phil gets his way with just one simple, well-timed comment at the other team's star.

Cane
05-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Well, Phil just put a target on the Laker's back when it comes to palming and travelling violations. We all know Stern is tired of Phil's "gamesmanship" aka talking shit about refs; lets see if those fouls get called in the series more on the Lakers than the Suns.

Dex
05-15-2010, 01:48 PM
is nash gonna watch how he dribbles cuz of this remark?

If not, the refs will.

If so, good for the Lakers.

Gentry needs to point out Shanon Brown's carrying of the ball now. lol

Fuck that. I call absolute bullshit if Nash gets called for a single traveling call.

I'm not saying Nash never carries the ball, but if they haven't been calling him on it yet, then they can't start calling it on him now just because King Phil said so.

So sick of this tool acting like he can pre-order calls from the refs likes it's a goddamn appetizer menu.

Biggems
05-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Kobe travels like a mad man...what is the difference. BTW, everyone palms the ball these days...it is a leaguewide epidemic.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2010, 03:05 PM
I hope the lakers team plane goes down in flames

Koolaid_Man
05-15-2010, 03:15 PM
I hope the lakers team plane goes down in flames

that's just low...usually when you wish such things on a player / team the opposite happens to your team...it's proven with injuries..Karma don't like ugly...Check yo self kid...I know it can be a bitch but life shouldn't be that bad for you..

HarlemHeat37
05-15-2010, 03:26 PM
This doesn't mean anything IMO..

He said the same shit about Durant's FTs, and nothing changed, he still got calls..

I doubt Nash will be thinking about this, and I doubt the refs will change how they call anything..the league is tired of Phil's comments, based on Stern's earlier comments about how he's hating the complaining..

namlook
05-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Great coach, but he needs to STFU with his crap. It isnt working....

Actually, it seemed to work with Durant.

So sick of this tool acting like he can pre-order calls from the refs likes it's a goddamn appetizer menu.

This isn't about the refs. The main purpose of this is to distract player from the task at hand. If they worry about what Phil is saying they will be less focused on what's important. It seemed to work with Durant to some extent. He responded in the press and was bothered by Phil's comments. Then he had a sub par series.

Lets say Nash does legitimately get called for a carry. If that happens he will be worried about it the rest of the series because of what Phil said and it may affect his play. And even if Nash never gets called for it he will probably be thinking about not carrying the ball. That's a distraction that causes you to lose focus and that's what Phil wants.

And if Nash responds to this he is playing right into Phil's hands.

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 03:32 PM
"The best coach in the league, Gregg Popovich, didn't have a problem with it last week." - Nash

namlook
05-15-2010, 03:36 PM
"The best coach in the league, Gregg Popovich, didn't have a problem with it last week." - Nash

LOL. Nash fell for it! :lmao

This is what Phil wanted. Nash to get upset and get into a war of words.

Nash, you should be smarter than this! By responding you just got owned by the Zenmaster!

ginobili's bald spot
05-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Nothing to see here, Phil just trolling the NBA like he always does. It's funny when some of you take it so personally.

PublicOption
05-15-2010, 03:37 PM
If I were Alvin Gentry I would say this.

We need to make sure the Lakers win this series so their pussies won't hurt over the summer.

namlook
05-15-2010, 03:46 PM

Nash, you should be smarter than this! By responding you just got owned by the Zenmaster!

And now that I think about it further Nash just owned himself with his comment. Think about it. Nash just dissed his own coach by calling Pop the best coach in the league! Bwhahahahaha! :lmao:lol:rollin

Phil already has him rattled.

hitmanyr2k
05-15-2010, 03:55 PM

WTF? Nash is supposed to bite his tongue to "appear" cool? :lol Because he made a comment in jest he's getting into a "war of words" with Phil? Overreact much?

namlook
05-15-2010, 04:00 PM
WTF? Nash is supposed to bite his tongue to "appear" cool? :lol Because he made a comment in jest he's getting into a "war of words" with Phil?

Yup. He took the bait and in doing so he insulted his own coach!

4>0rings
05-15-2010, 04:01 PM
You think Gentry, Nash, and the rest of the free world dsn't know that Pop is better than Gentry?

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-15-2010, 04:10 PM

How long is it gonna take for you to wipe all that cum off your keyboard?

Talk about overreacting

mojorizen7
05-15-2010, 04:14 PM

http://www.realramsfans.com/images/smiles/eusa_clap.gif
Phil Jackson firing .22 caliber pot shots from 400 miles away is hardly a distraction for a player like Nash......it's rather amusing actually.:lol

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 04:15 PM

Lakerfans are so fucking stupid.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

You're right, Nash should just put Phil Jackson on his ignore list.

Allanon
Phil's a master of manipulating players.

He got Jordan and Kobe to play the team game. Stopped Rodman from being too crazy to produce. Got Shaq and Kobe to play nice long enough to 3-peat.

He messed up Durant and now he's going after Nash.

He even challenged Ron Artest and turned him into a choir boy.

Phil's greatest coaching asset hasn't been his X's and O's; its always been the way he's used players and gotten into their minds.

Roddy Beaubois
"Bynum said after today's practice that his knee is getting worse and has increased swelling."

Jizz over that, fuckstick

namlook
05-15-2010, 04:18 PM
You think Gentry, Nash, and the rest of the free world dsn't know that Pop is better than Gentry?

Of course people think Pop is a better coach than Gentry because Pop has accomplished more. But, if you are on a team you don't say to the press that a certain coach is better than your own coach. That's disrespectful. Nash was trying to be smart and ended up putting his foot in his mouth because he wasn't thinking about what he was saying.

Guaranteed that a few minutes after he made the comment that Nash realized it and said to himself.."Oh shit..."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 04:20 PM
"Bynum said after today's practice that his knee is getting worse and has increased swelling."

Wow. IF Lopez's injury actually is completely better and Bynum's injury gets worse the Suns might have a small chance at winning this series. If that happens all the Bynum haters would realize how important he is to his team.

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Wow. IF Lopez's injury actually is completely better and Bynum's injury gets worse the Suns will have a good chance at winning this series.

fify

mavsfan1000
05-15-2010, 04:22 PM
I hate Jackson but he is a great coach. Great mind games.

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Funny that he says Nash carries the ball too much, I mean, I guess Phil doesn't notice that Kobe elbows his defenders too much

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Phil replying to Nash- "I didn’t complain about it (Nash carrying ball). ... Pop's a great coach, no doubt."

:lmao he fell for it!

mavsfan1000
05-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Kobe travels too much as well btw.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 04:25 PM
:lmao Nash the zenmaster getting in Phil's head!

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 04:27 PM
:lmao phil

Roddy Beaubois
:lmao Nash the zenmaster getting in Phil's head!

+1 :lmao

Phil is spending time he should be prepping for game one answering questions about Nash :lmao. What mindgames played by Stevie!

Pero
Phil replying to Nash- "I didn’t complain about it (Nash carrying ball). ... Pop's a great coach, no doubt."

:lmao he fell for it!

Link? Because I can't believe Phil would say something nice about someone else. Or maybe it's because Spurs are out of the picture. :lol

namlook
05-15-2010, 04:28 PM

LOL. The Mavs got owned by the Spurs so go jizz over pictures of Dirks mom like you usually do.

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 04:28 PM
:lmao

Now before Phil makes an in-game adjustment he will think "Would Pop do this?" and it will throw him off!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Be careful Roddy, if you keep this up namlook is gonna put you on his ignore list.

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 04:29 PM
LOL. The Mavs got owned by the Spurs so go jizz over pictures of Dirks mom like you usually do.

This isn't about me or Dirk. Its about Bynums pussy swelling up.

namlook
05-15-2010, 04:32 PM
This isn't about me or Dirk. Its about Bynums pussy swelling up.

You would know about pussy swelling...

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 04:36 PM
http://dribbledrive.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/andrew-bynum.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/SedC6UoX2-I/AAAAAAAAGW4/soQZHIritqs/s400/Robin+Lopez+Dunks+On+Anthony+Randolph+2.jpg

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Easier Lanes

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oSj_u41UfrU/RizZiqOtVSI/AAAAAAAAAK0/jpsUD4tvYCQ/s320/Nash.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Be careful, if namlook's pussy swells up anymore you're on his ignore list.

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 04:38 PM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/dave_mcmenamin/03/11/jackson.200902311/jackson14560.jpg

"what would Pop do?"

namlook
05-15-2010, 04:43 PM
How Dirk handled being the only #2 seed to get knocked out by a #7 seed.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/05/06/0506-dirk-gets-crunk-wm.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/06/dirk-nowitzki-dallas-mavericks-tequila-picture-nba-playoffs/

namlook
05-15-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/dave_mcmenamin/03/11/jackson.200902311/jackson14560.jpg

"what would Pop do?"

Get swept.

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Phil is probably trying to plan for game 1 right now, but Nashs comments keep crossing his mind. :lmao

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-15-2010, 05:06 PM
:lol:wow

Wow, I can't believe Phil took the bait.

Nash is a master at getting inside of players heads, this is why the Lakers got beat two years in a row by the Suns. This kind of mind game stuff is why Steve is such a great player.

Now when Phil starts making decisions he will now have to think about Pop whereas he didn't before. What a great move by Nash! Just typical old zenmaster Nash!

:lmao at Phil falling for this. The Lakers are already at a disadvantage imo :nope

namlook
05-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Phil is probably trying to plan for game 1 right now, but Nashs comments keep crossing his mind. :lmao

Dirk is trying to gameplan for his next bottle of booze but his embarrassing playoff performance keeps crossing his mind.

namlook
05-15-2010, 05:07 PM
:lmao at Phil falling for this. The Lakers are already at a disadvantage imo :nope

^^LOL at the newbs. Phil started this. He doesn't start what he can't finish.

Roddy Beaubois
05-15-2010, 05:18 PM
My mommy told me drinking is bad

pauls931
05-15-2010, 06:04 PM
And now that I think about it further Nash just owned himself with his comment. Think about it. Nash just dissed his own coach by calling Pop the best coach in the league! Bwhahahahaha! :lmao:lol:rollin

Phil already has him rattled.

And sometimes a cigar is a BIG BROWN DICK! - George Carlin

namlook
05-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Nash to soon join Dirk in drowning their sorrows.

http://www.miloais.com/miblog/nash_nowitzki_drunk.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7962/nash039ij.jpg

http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/apmegasports/200606032238032291452-pf.widec.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 07:07 PM
I've always wondered who the fat scrub is in those pictures.

duhoh
05-15-2010, 07:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5191524&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

Suns: We won't win mental games

Email (http://sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5191524&title=Nash%20on%20travel%20charge:%20Best%20coach% 20not%20bothered&id=5191524)
Print (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=5191524&type=story)
Comments (http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/5191524)364 (http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/5191524)
Share80 (http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.espn.go.com%2Flos-angeles%2Fnba%2Fnews%2Fstory%3Fid%3D5191524&src=sp)
Retweet (http://api.tweetmeme.com/share?url=http%3A%2f%2fsports.espn.go.com%2flos%2d angeles%2fnba%2fnews%2fstory%3Fid%3D5191524&service=tinyurl.com&source=espn)55 (http://tweetmeme.com/story/1142007922)

ESPN.com news services

PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Suns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=pho) have reacted with a collective smirk to Phil Jackson's suggestion that Steve Nash (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=592) travels with the basketball.
http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/592.jpg
Nash
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0402/nba_g_pjax_65.jpg
Jackson
Nash even had a subtle retort worthy of Jackson himself.
"It's news to me. I'm fortunate. I don't know if I've been called for a carry yet," he said after the Suns practiced Saturday, then he added straight-faced: "I've never heard anyone accuse me of carrying it. I mean, the best coach in the league Gregg Popovich [of San Antonio] didn't have a problem with it last week."
Get it? Popovich the best coach in the league?
"We have the best officials in the world," Nash continued. "I'll just leave it up to them."
Jackson had grinned when asked on Friday if it's tough for the Lakers to prepare to face Nash, the reigning NBA skills champion, because of the Suns guard's frenetic style.

"Yeah, because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said, making a gesture of palming the basketball. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it."
Asked Saturday in El Segundo at Lakers practice about Nash's comments, Jackson smiled and feigned innocence. "I didn't complain about it. Did you hear me complain about it?"
Phoenix coach Alvin Gentry laughed off the accusation.
"You guys got to admire Phil," Gentry said. "C'mon, the stuff that he throws out there, I mean I think it's great. He's very creative. There's a reason. But I think you've got to understand that there's kind of a method to his madness. If you let it affect you, then it will."
Gentry went on to praise Jackson for his ability to create championship chemistry on teams with great players, calling it "probably the toughest thing in the NBA to do."
He said the Suns weren't going to get drawn into what they consider Jackson's psychological ploy.

"How can we win that?" Gentry said. "We're not going to win that battle anyway."
But the Phoenix coach added a jab at the Lakers when he was asked jokingly if the team worked on ball handling skills.
"We spent the day ducking elbows on post-ups, to see if we could duck elbows on post-ups, " Gentry said, a not-to-thinly veiled nod to the Lakers' style. "So it all works out, it all works out."
Amare Stoudemire (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1727) probably spoke for the rest of the team with his reaction.
"Typical Phil," he said.
Information from ESPNLosAngeles.com's Brian Kamenetzky and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Nice retort by Gentry :lmao

DJ Mbenga
05-15-2010, 07:10 PM

Now before Phil makes an in-game adjustment he will think "Would Pop do this?" and it will throw him off!

lol. im pretty sure phil wont play smallball. they have 2 7 footers and a 6'10 foward.

Ghazi
05-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Bynum being hurt is irrelevant. He is a non-factor on the Lakers.

8FOR!3
05-15-2010, 07:13 PM
I love Phil...an amazing coach...he did this to Durant as well...Nash may not respond but Phil has him and the refs thinking about those carries...gotta love it...I remember the Suns sending in tapes to the league office because of Kobe's elbow's..way to go Phil keep the pressure on...let's get it done...

1h1Yt4KUND4

lol no. Mind games might work with a kid who's been playing for two years. But a guy like Steve Nash? He's not gonna buy into that bull shit.

mavsfan1000
05-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Bynum being hurt is irrelevant. He is a non-factor on the Lakers.
Yet they couldn't win it without him.

milkshakeballa
05-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Wow. IF Lopez's injury actually is completely better and Bynum's injury gets worse the Suns might have a small chance at winning this series. If that happens all the Bynum haters would realize how important he is to his team.

Bynum could SIT OUT this series and Lopez could be 100% and the Lakers would still skullfuck this Suns team.

Sorry DOK just sayin'.

milkshakeballa
05-15-2010, 07:30 PM

Its pretty irrevelent against the Suns.

Maybe if he is 100% its a sweep instead of 5 games...

Ghazi
05-15-2010, 07:31 PM

Boston 2008 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Orlando 2009

Bynum didn't do jack shit in the playoffs last year. At least nothing DJ Mbenga couldn't have done.

milkshakeballa
05-15-2010, 07:33 PM

Bynum didn't do jack shit in the playoffs last year. At least nothing DJ Mbenga couldn't have done.

Bullshit.

Sometimes its better to shut the fuck up and be thought of as a fucking idiot then to keep typing and remove all doubt.

Go pray to a Bron shrine choking bitch.

mavsfan1000
05-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Its pretty irrevelent against the Suns.

Maybe if he is 100% its a sweep instead of 5 games...
You guys almost went to a 7th game with the Thunder. You sweeped an injured jazz team. I don't think you can be that cocky. You might beat the suns but it will be close.

Ghazi
05-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Bullshit.

Sometimes its better to shut the fuck up and be thought of as a fucking idiot then to keep typing and remove all doubt.

Go pray to a Bron shrine choking bitch.

milkshakeballa
05-15-2010, 07:39 PM
You guys almost went to a 7th game with the Thunder. You sweeped an injured jazz team. I don't think you can be that cocky. You might beat the suns but it will be close.

No it won't.

#1 - iT'S ALL ABOUT MATCHUPS. OKC matched up EXTREMELY well with the Lakers.

#2 - Phoenix does NOT.

#3 - OKC is a better team than Phoenix. (IMO OKC would have a tough time winning in Utah...think that series would go 7)

milkshakeballa
05-15-2010, 07:39 PM

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

mojorizen7
05-15-2010, 07:58 PM
#3 - OKC is a better team than Phoenix.

http://www.realramsfans.com/images/smiles/bs.gif

InRareForm
05-15-2010, 10:12 PM
LOL @ laker fans justifying it.

mavsfan1000
05-15-2010, 10:14 PM
When is Phil Jackson doing a porn? I bet the laker fans would be justifying that as well.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Bynum could SIT OUT this series and Lopez could be 100% and the Lakers would still skullfuck this Suns team.

Sorry DOK just sayin'.

Bullshit. LA wouldn't have any size advantage, it'd be pretty close. Bynum always nuts up the Suns more than Gasol does, and without Bynum LA's bench is dog shit because Odom has to start. That would completely change the complexion of the series.

InRareForm
05-15-2010, 10:25 PM
wow i really hope lakers lose, tired of laker fans boasting about how lopsided the series is. it's like when they said boston couldn't beat them in 2008 or 2004 pistons/lakers finals, etc.

JMarkJohns
05-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm not buying this talk of Bynum. Why would you go to the media with weakness? I think it's another ploy to set the Suns back a bit, take the edge off the importance of the 1st game and see if Bynum can't rope-a-dope 'em into a 15-12-3 type of game-changing performance. Sure, the cat would be out of the bag, but the Lakers are more likely to lose game one than two, so it's a solid ploy, and one I absolutely don't buy.

lefty
05-15-2010, 11:28 PM
It's funny that Jackson forgot to mention how Jordan carried him

Oh well....

Giuseppe
05-16-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm not buying this talk of Bynum. Why would you go to the media with weakness?

Precisely.

Frenzy
05-16-2010, 12:44 AM
he is scuuuurd

Ghazi
05-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Find it hard ot believe the Lakers have "Coasted" in the playoffs

Fisher/Gasol elevated their game. Bryant did against the Jazz.

Only one who is coasting (playing subpar) is ya boy Odom

Glassnum? Well, he's a bum... regular season or post season :lol

BadOdor
05-16-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm not buying this talk of Bynum. Why would you go to the media with weakness? I think it's another ploy to set the Suns back a bit, take the edge off the importance of the 1st game and see if Bynum can't rope-a-dope 'em into a 15-12-3 type of game-changing performance. Sure, the cat would be out of the bag, but the Lakers are more likely to lose game one than two, so it's a solid ploy, and one I absolutely don't buy.

You are forgetting that bynum is a no-good lazy bum who eats cold cereal while his teammates are busy practicing. He really is that dumb.

mavsfan1000
05-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Find it hard ot believe the Lakers have "Coasted" in the playoffs

Fisher/Gasol elevated their game. Bryant did against the Jazz.

Only one who is coasting (playing subpar) is ya boy Odom

Glassnum? Well, he's a bum... regular season or post season :lol
He is like baby Shaq though. Lots of easy points when they do feed him.

Ghazi
05-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Any bum can get a few points here and there with the attention Kobe/Gasol draw and the way the Lakers move the ball

Glassnum is Erick Dampier with hands minus the durability.

mavsfan1000
05-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Any bum can get a few points here and there with the attention Kobe/Gasol draw and the way the Lakers move the ball

Glassnum is Erick Dampier with hands minus the durability.
He is a little more athletic than Dampier. I would take Bynum anyday over Dumpier. I would say Bynum is more similar to Haywood.

Allanon
05-16-2010, 02:01 AM
Lol.

If you haven't noticed how the Lakers have coasted through the Playoffs and the regular season, you haven't been watching the Lakers.

Even when OKC was 2-2, Phil didn't respect the Thunda enough to go full strength at them :lol

First time Phil didn't throw in a 4 man bench mob +1 starter while the game was still in question? Game 4 of the Jazz series.

Prior to that, Phil's been running in his bench as a squad...they lose the lead the Starters built. Put the starters back in, no problemo. This happened the entire season, but y'all didn't even notice it?

Ghazi
05-16-2010, 02:14 AM
:sleep

I guess you have no choice but to say they coast or else it would make your 75 win ecstasy statement look retarded.

Allanon
05-16-2010, 02:15 AM
:sleep last year

Ghazi
05-16-2010, 02:17 AM
:sleep

Ghazi
05-16-2010, 02:17 AM
:flag:

Kamnik
05-16-2010, 02:41 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Nash taking a shot at Jackson! :D

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2010/05/15/20100515_nash_on_phil.nba/

Höfner
05-16-2010, 03:21 AM
lalalalalalala

the man in me will hide sometimes,

to keep from being seen

Halberto
05-16-2010, 05:21 AM
How often does he do this, and are there any famous ones?

pauls931
05-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Two words 'Jordan Rules', STFU Phil.:lol

LakeShow
05-16-2010, 11:59 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/05/14/lakers.jackson.suns.nash.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) -- Lakers coach Phil Jackson thinks the Phoenix Suns' star point guard sometimes plays a bit too much like a running back.

With a mischievous grin, Jackson said Friday that it's tough for Los Angeles to prepare to face Steve Nash during defensive practice because of the two-time MVP's style with the basketball.

"Yeah, because you can't carry the ball like he does in practice," Jackson said. "You can't pick that ball up and run with it."

Jackson turned his palm over while he spoke, making the officials' gesture for palming of the basketball.

Nash's ball-handling and playmaking are driving the Suns' remarkable postseason success, and Jackson apparently couldn't resist the chance to get in a crack at the Canadian star while perhaps planting a seed in any listening officials' minds. Nash is averaging 17.8 points and 9 assists per game in the playoffs while leading Phoenix past Portland and San Antonio.

The Western Conference finals begin Monday in Los Angeles.

Although Jackson professes ample respect for the 36-year-old Nash's skills, the 10-time NBA champion coach's comment suggests he believes the point guard gets generous treatment from officials in the elastic rules about traveling and palming calls.

Other players and coaches have suggested a similar belief over the years, though Nash is hardly the only NBA player who draws such complaints from opponents: Kobe Bryant also has been known to stretch one of basketball's simplest rules to its limits.

And Nash isn't even the first player in this postseason to draw the attention of Jackson, whose track record of playing such games through the media goes back 20 years to his early seasons with the Chicago Bulls.

Last month before the playoffs even began, Jackson was fined $35,000 by the NBA for saying Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant was getting generous treatment from officials.

"As far as the calls that he gets on the floor, I think a lot of the referees are treating him like a superstar," Jackson said then. "He gets to the line easy and often."

Jackson also was fined two weeks before that incident when he criticized referee Bennett Salvatore after a game against San Antonio. The Lakers also had a beef with Salvatore in last season's playoffs, when Jackson criticized Denver's Dahntay Jones for playing "unsportsmanlike basketball" during a rant about inconsistent officiating -- right after a game refereed by Salvatore.

Phil just doing what he's supposed to do. Work the officials. He's one of the few who won titles as a coach and a player. He has a feel for the game and players reactions and personalities.

The Suns will be tight by game time. Phil doesn't have to suit up. :lol

The Zen master is just showing why he is the GOAT.

TampaDude
05-16-2010, 12:21 PM
It's gonna be fun watching Amar'e make Gasol his bitch in the WCF. :lol

LakeShow
05-16-2010, 12:27 PM
It's gonna be fun watching Amar'e make Gasol his bitch in the WCF. :lol

You mean like he did Timmie? Not happening, these are the world champs you're talking about. This series wont be close. Lakers in 5

mojorizen7
05-16-2010, 12:33 PM
The Suns will be tight by game time. Phil doesn't have to suit up. :lol.
Why would the SUNS be tight? Because its the Western Finals?...sure maybe(but unlikely).
Because Phil is the GOAT?....because he makes a comment about Nash palming the basketball?......certainly not. :lol

SUNS have started slowly in recent playoff games(which is a result of starting the stiff J.Collins), only to have the bench come in and snuff the opposition allowing Gentry to settle into the hottest rotation.

This is still the best offensive team in basketball.....nothings changed there. The biggest difference with this SUNS team over the fun n gun teams is that this team is much better equipped to withstand scoring droughts and bad shooting funks because of the improved team defense,depth etc.....this is what teams(and fanboys of other teams) still don't understand.

This series will be epic. :toast

Bukefal
05-16-2010, 12:34 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/66197/steve_nash_takes_criticism_from_phil_jackson_and_j ose_mourinho_with_a_smirk,_wine

Giuseppe
05-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Why would the SUNS be tight?

Anyone aside from Amare & Nash for the Suns been this far?

mojorizen7
05-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Anyone aside from Amare & Nash for the Suns been this far?

Dont think so.....Gentry as an assistant to the idiot counts in '06 WCF vs the MAVS.

I think this ridiculous layoff will serve as plenty of time for the youngins' to overcome the jitters and get that "let's just get it on" mentality.

We'll see. My point was that if we do come out tight initially, it won't be due to Phil or the bazillion banners in the Staples Center rafters.
We've basically tipped it off going 4v5 since Lopez went out w/injury and our slow starts have reflected that....

mogrovejo
05-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Phil is whining, not playing mind games or working the officials. That's what he's always done. Can't help himself.

LakeShow
05-16-2010, 02:20 PM
He's only stating the obvious. Nash does carry the ball.

Ashy Larry
05-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Phil's planting the seeds ......