PDA

View Full Version : whats up with rasho?

weebo
05-10-2005, 11:23 PM
He's only seen a few minutes of garbage time this series. Did he have a relapse of his injury?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2005, 11:25 PM
It's called matchups. Nazr is owning Jerome James, Duncan is handling whoever else is out there between Evans and Fortson.

Rasho doesn't match up well with either of Rashard or Collison when they are in there at the four.

ducks
05-10-2005, 11:25 PM
spurs do not need him except for the heat if the heat get that far
spurs need his 6 fouls then

Obstructed_View
05-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Yep. Just get healthy, Rasho, because the finals will require your services.

weebo
05-10-2005, 11:28 PM
He' ll be needed as you've said, but the guy needs to see some playoff PT.

Obstructed_View
05-10-2005, 11:30 PM
He'll have plenty of garbage time over the next six games.

weebo
05-10-2005, 11:31 PM
You just can't make that assumption. Winning at Seattle is not going to be as easy as winning at home.

SLOVENIAN 8
05-11-2005, 02:48 AM
If the injury isn`t the reason ,then it is not fair to him for playing him only 1 min. Maybie becouse Seattle play faster game he is not in but if he dont get no opertunity in next games then Pope and everything sux. :pctoss

NZHayden
05-11-2005, 07:30 AM
^ aww dont cry

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 07:32 AM
If the injury isn`t the reason ,then it is not fair to him for playing him only 1 min. Maybie becouse Seattle play faster game he is not in but if he dont get no opertunity in next games then Pope and everything sux. :pctoss

Why do you have to bring the pope into this? :depressed

RashoFan
05-11-2005, 07:38 AM
Yep. Just get healthy, Rasho, because the finals will require your services.

And after the season...so will I..... :lol

sa_butta
05-11-2005, 08:33 AM
Why not start him and bring Nazr off the bench?

stéphane
05-11-2005, 08:36 AM
Why do you have to bring the pope into this? :depressed
:lol :angel

T Park
05-11-2005, 08:36 AM
because Nazr Mohamed is playing fantastic basketball STARTING next to Tim Duncan.

Since day 1 Rasho has deffered way too much to Duncan and IMO was one of his biggest faults.

Rasho is just not needed cause of the small lineups, and if in the next round against Phoenix hell be on the bench there too.

SpurYank
05-11-2005, 08:45 AM
I have to believe the Slovenian 8 meant "Pop."

Anyway, it's unfortunate for Rasho that currently, with Nazr in the lineup and doing well insofar as rebounding (and probably other things many of us don't notice because we're too busy watching Tony, Manu, and Tim), so why would Pop want to upset what is working. Also, Pop knows what Rasho can do. He is still finding out who Nazr is. The same with Glenn Robinson.

It's still a team sport. All of us hear during the interviews that every Spur player will do whatever is best for the team. I'm sure Rasho knows that as well.

Slomo
05-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Of course I'd like to see Rasho play more, specially since we haven't really seen him since his injury and it is very difficult to discuss/evaluate where he is currently. But looking at Nazr's performanced and current winning playoff streak I'll make the same argument against him that I have made for him in the past: If it ain't broken don't fix it!

I trust Pop(e) and the coaching staff that when he'll be needed they will have an assignment for him and that he'll make us proud again - but until then I hope the pine is not too uncomfortable.

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 09:00 AM
I have to believe the Slovenian 8 meant "Pop."

Anyway, it's unfortunate for Rasho that currently, with Nazr in the lineup and doing well insofar as rebounding (and probably other things many of us don't notice because we're too busy watching Tony, Manu, and Tim), so why would Pop want to upset what is working. Also, Pop knows what Rasho can do. He is still finding out who Nazr is. The same with Glenn Robinson.

It's still a team sport. All of us hear during the interviews that every Spur player will do whatever is best for the team. I'm sure Rasho knows that as well.

I was joking! Atleast one person got that. I blame the pope.

Rasho is more of a shotblocker, but less of a rebounder than Nazr. Nazr has been playing good enough to warrant him getting the minutes, and with Rasho's injury, that isn't really a bad thing. If Nazr has a bad game, or gets into fould trouble, then we can look to Rasho to bring his game.

wildbill2u
05-11-2005, 09:01 AM
I've been surprised that Rasho isn't getting some minutes, regardless of the winning streak and the matchups. Pop always said that Rasho was key to our defense because he knew the scheme so well. Must mean that Nasr is getting comfortable in the defensive and offensive schemes.

I'd like to see Rasho get some minutes just to stay in shape. We'll need some foul insurance when and if we get to Phoenix or the finals.

Slomo
05-11-2005, 09:04 AM
Hey User666 we get the Pope joke that is why I propose that whenever referring to coach Popovich we use the following syntax: Pop(e) - which contains his nick name and accurately describes his position among the NBA coaching clergy :)

Spurminator
05-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Might as well let Rasho rest and get him to 100%. We won't need him in this series.

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Hey User666 we get the Pope joke that is why I propose that whenever referring to coach Popovich we use the following syntax: Pop(e) - which contains his nick name and accurately describes his position among the NBA coaching clergy :)

I was just trying to head off any crusades that might have been headed my way.

Slomo
05-11-2005, 09:12 AM
I was just trying to head off any crusades that might have been headed my way.
:lol

Yes, this is not the most forgiving forum on the internet :lol

gilmor
05-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Rasho + Nazr = DRob (in terms of defense of Shaq, shot-blocking, rebounds and scoring).

DRob is way under-rated.

Jimcs50
05-11-2005, 11:14 AM
I
t's called matchups. Nazr is owning Jerome James, Duncan is handling whoever else is out there between Evans and Fortson.

Rasho doesn't match up well with either of Rashard or Collison when they are in there at the four.
If Rasho can not play against scrubs like Evans and James, he will never see any PT against Stoudemire or the Wallace Brothers.

SLOVENIAN 8
05-11-2005, 11:32 AM
How could he match up with them if he get less than 1 min??? Jaoo.....

violentkitten
05-11-2005, 12:35 PM
whats up with rasho?

DNP-Slovenian

T Park
05-11-2005, 02:33 PM
If Rasho can not play against scrubs like Evans and James, he will never see any PT against Stoudemire or the Wallace Brothers

some genius rantings from Dr Destupo.

You dont think, that Rasho can defend Ben Wallace??

Good lord come on.

He isnt gonna se time in this series because 1
they are playing Rashard Lewis alot of the PT at the 4, and Nick Collison.

Both quicker, and smaller players than Rasho, and quite simply the matchups ARNT there!!

Let him rest, but i doubt hell see much in the next series if the Spurs advance.

Horry and Mohammed will see alot of time VS Phoenix or Dallas.

Phoenix especially, Duncan guarding Marion could be a bitch.

Solid D
05-11-2005, 03:32 PM
I haven't heard anything definitive regarding the strength of Rasho's ankle. Is he 100% or close to it? I cannot tell from watching him as to how mobile he is laterally nor how much explosion he has (if you can call it that :lol ).

Pop is obviously using a 10-man rotation and most teams go with 8 or 9 in the playoffs. The 2 guys outside that rotation are recovering from dibilitating injuries. I say save Rasho and Devin for when you need them and give them a few reps here and there.