PDA

View Full Version : Goran Dragic: ‘My Confidence is Huge Right Now’

Koolaid_Man
05-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Well well well...what have we here..a confident young lad aye....Yo Kobe this kid says he's on cloud nine and confident....what say you?

Kobe: No Comment...:toast

Dragic, the Suns’ unlikely Playoff hero in the Spurs series, tells the Arizona Republic that he’s on cloud nine these days (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/05/13/20100513phoenix-suns-goran-dragic-confidence.html): “A year ago, Suns guard Goran Dragic was having a lot of second thoughts, most of them centered on his perception of his ability to play in the NBA. All dark thoughts began to fade when he had a couple of good games late that season, and he said he began believing in himself once again. ‘My confidence is huge right now,’ he said. ‘The first year, I didn’t play so well, and I was struggling. I missed (27) games, so I was doubting if I’m good enough for this league, but this year is totally different. ‘I feel like I’m playing back in Europe with my friends, so I’m really relaxed and playing just my game.’ Dragic played four years in Europe before joining the Suns in 2008. This season, he appeared in all but two regular-season games, and he grabbed a lot of attention when he scored 26 points, 23 in the fourth quarter, in Game 3 of the second-round playoff series against the San Antonio Spurs. He credits coach Alvin Gentry for his progression.”

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Fortunately for Goran Kobe won't matter, he'll just have the privilege of nutting on Jordan Farmar when the starters are out.

Koolaid_Man
05-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Fortunately for Goran Kobe won't matter, he'll just have the privilege of nutting on Jordan Farmar when the starters are out.

he says: "‘I feel like I’m playing back in Europe with my friends, so I’m really relaxed and playing just my game.’"

bad sign the Suns are doomed.....he thinks he's playing backyard euro basketball...time to introduce him to Artest...as hood as they come...:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 09:33 AM
he says: "‘I feel like I’m playing back in Europe with my friends, so I’m really relaxed and playing just my game.’"

bad sign the Suns are doomed.....he thinks he's playing backyard euro basketball...time to introduce him to Artest...as hood as they come...:lol

I think he just means he's as relaxed as he was in Europe and he's playing as well as he was in Europe. I doubt Ron will ever be guarding Goran but now that you mention it Phil would be smart to have him guard Goran for a little bit with the intention of roughing him up and shaking his confidence.

Giuseppe
05-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Yep, Artest will tell him things about his mother he never even imagined existed.

jag
05-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Fisher and Farmar...

I don't really see Goran's confidence dropping a whole lot.

Koolaid_Man
05-15-2010, 09:38 AM
I think he just means he's as relaxed as he was in Europe and he's playing as well as he was in Europe. I doubt Ron will ever be guarding Goran but now that you mention it Phil would be smart to have him guard Goran for a little bit with the intention of roughing him up and shaking his confidence.

why but of course...you saw what happened to Durant...Durantula was physically INTIMIDATED by Artest...He was shooting all kinds of airballs at the sight of the beast - Artest... no way this happens if Ariza is checking Durant...Durant would have been licking his chops with Ariza in front of him...and we could have very well lost that series with Ariza guarding Durant...Artest got in his head...and Durant never recovered...

But I like all the confidence the Suns are showing...:toast

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 09:40 AM
why but of course...you saw what happened to Durant...Durantula was physically INTIMIDATED by Artest...He was shooting all kinds of airballs at the sight of the beast - Artest... no way this happens if Ariza is checking Durant...Durant would have been licking his chops with Ariza in front of him...and we could have very well lost that series with Ariza guarding Durant...Artest got in his head...and Durant never recovered...

But I like all the confidence the Suns are showing...:toast

Are you on here so much because you can't get a girl?

Spursfan092120
05-15-2010, 09:42 AM
No..I think he can't get a girl because he's on here so much.

Koolaid_Man
05-15-2010, 09:42 AM

nice try but you're not going to bring down an intellectual thread because you have none...I'm not going to respond to your insults...let's keep this one basketball related...Nice try though...I applaud your effort...I'm a new man for the moment...:lol:lol:lol

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2010, 09:50 AM

why are you even arguing with him

Koolaid_Man
05-15-2010, 10:00 AM

not an arguement it's a basketball opinion...but his team is still playing so I would naturally expect him to have something to say...since you know his team is actually still playing...you know actually playing...I don't expect fans of teams that are home fishing to respond at all...it may be best because they tend to be a tad bit more emotional since their team is not in it to win it...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 12:24 PM

Well it seemed like he was actually having a legit conversation.

Bob Lanier
05-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Goran's "confidence" is in for some detumescence in about a week.

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 12:52 PM
nice try but you're not going to bring down an intellectual thread because you have none...I'm not going to respond to your insults...let's keep this one basketball related...Nice try though...I applaud your effort...I'm a new man for the moment...:lol:lol:lol

Oh so you can dish it, but you can't take it? I guess Lakaluva takes it, and you dish it, right?

Mavs_man_41
05-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Oh so you can dish it, but you can't take it? I guess Lakaluva takes it, and you dish it, right?

:lmao

Allanon
05-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Sun's bench is going into this series way too cocky, they're in for a surprise.

Between Frye's "they'll know my name" to Dudley's flopping and hacking at Kobe's finger to Dragic's "huge" confidence, they're just making sure the Lakers come to play. Steve has fun but he knows when to shut up, these bench guys don't.

Sweep.

21_Dickings
05-15-2010, 01:59 PM
At least you to tried to make a legit thread, for that I give you props.

Thread still sucks though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Sun's bench is going into this series way too cocky, they're in for a surprise.

Between Frye's "they'll know my name" to Dudley's flopping and hacking at Kobe's finger to Dragic's "huge" confidence, they're just making sure the Lakers come to play. Steve has fun but he knows when to shut up, these bench guys don't.

Sweep.

I hope you're wrong but this has worried me a little bit. The bench has been good all season because they busted their asses and stayed quiet, I hope all this talk doesn't change that.

Allanon
05-15-2010, 03:20 PM
I hope you're wrong but this has worried me a little bit. The bench has been good all season because they busted their asses and stayed quiet, I hope all this talk doesn't change that.

That's exactly how I feel about them. They've busted their ass this whole time and truth be told, they've snuck up on teams.... "under the radar" shit. Seriously who would have thunk Tragic would have done shit against the Spurs? Dragon showed up and damn-near dropped 30 on the Spurs...in 1 quarter.

Low key was the way to go but now, they've gotten the headlines, the respect and the Lakers' attention.

HarlemHeat37
05-15-2010, 03:23 PM
The "Lakers attention" is bullshit TBH..

Anybody that believes the Lakers "coast" through playoff games is an idiot TBH..

If the Suns lose the series, it will have nothing to do with the fact that some of their players opened their mouths..

Giuseppe
05-15-2010, 03:35 PM
^true. All this happy horseshit is for the fans, and the fans only.

Allanon
05-15-2010, 04:05 PM
The Lakers HAVE coasted through the Playoffs. The Lakers have yet to be truly challenged.

The only time the Lakers have been challenged is when Phil puts in 4 bench players and a starter. They lose the lead and then Phil puts his starters back in and it's over. Lakers were never in jeopardy of losing the series.

If you watched the games, Phil's put the team on cruise control so far...same as he did through the season.

Phil, Kobe and Artest have too much ego to be dissed by bench players.

No more BS bench mob lineups for Phil this series. Not anymore, the Lakers will look to humiliate these big talkers on the Suns.

mojorizen7
05-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Fisher and Farmar...

I don't really see Goran's confidence dropping a whole lot.

This.
One of the more one-sided favorable matchups for the SUNS heading into this series. If PJ does what everyone expects him to do(put Artest on JRich and shut him down) i can see times where Gentry may go with Nash/Dragic in the backcourt to get away from that.

Dont get me wrong, JRich needs to continue to step up(at the 2) regardless of who's guarding him,but a smallish lineup of Nash/Dragic/JRich/Dudley/Amare would be very difficult for the LAKERS to matchup with at times.

Still,JRichs' scoring and Frye's perimeter shooting are key to the SUNS success going into this one......as is their continued committment to actually guarding people.

Looking forward to this.

Pero
05-15-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't get what Dragic said that sounds cocky.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 04:36 PM
It's more Dudley and Frye that sound cocky. Dragic said nothing wrong.

mojorizen7
05-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Low key was the way to go but now, they've gotten the headlines, the respect and the Lakers' attention.

Good point. I'm not sure if it's just false bravado or pure confidence.
Either way i agree that the element of our bench sneaking up on teams is over.

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 04:38 PM

Naw, this might make Kobe go into 1 on 5 mode

Allanon
05-15-2010, 05:03 PM

Just to make it clear, I'm not trying to diss the Suns or their fans when I say this shit.

Suns fans here on ST are pretty good for the most part and I don't mind if you all just want to shit talk the Lakers.

Just tellin' it like I see it.

D-Wade #3
05-15-2010, 06:25 PM
The good thing is this will be over quick.

Is that what you tell Koolaid Man before bed ? :lol

mojorizen7
05-15-2010, 06:27 PM
The good thing is this will be over quick.

Thats what she said Luvaboy.http://www.realramsfans.com/images/smiles/violent5.gif

All kidding aside, i don't see any scenario(aside from significant injuries) where this series doesn't go at least 6.

mavsfan1000
05-15-2010, 06:33 PM
I wish players would just show it on the court rather than talk about it. It just adds more pressure on themselves.

Muser
05-15-2010, 07:09 PM
The Lakers HAVE coasted through the Playoffs. The Lakers have yet to be truly challenged.

The only time the Lakers have been challenged is when Phil puts in 4 bench players and a starter. They lose the lead and then Phil puts his starters back in and it's over. Lakers were never in jeopardy of losing the series.

If you watched the games, Phil's put the team on cruise control so far...same as he did through the season.

Phil, Kobe and Artest have too much ego to be dissed by bench players.

No more BS bench mob lineups for Phil this series. Not anymore, the Lakers will look to humiliate these big talkers on the Suns.

Lakers were a missed tip away from going 7 games with the 8 seed, that's a challenge.

Allanon
05-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Lakers were a missed tip away from going 7 games with the 8 seed, that's a challenge.

It's no different than the regular season. OKC played the Lakers tough in 3 games (in the regular season) and lost by a hair all 3 times. They had one blow out on the Lakers, just like they had one in the Playoffs.

But that's what young teams do, play hard and come up a few points short. They did what they were supposed to do as a young team and the Lakers did what they were supposed to do as a veteran team.

The Playoffs were exactly the same, OKC played tough but everybody knew they wouldn't beat the Lakers.

Last year's Houston Rockets 7 games were the biggest challenge to the Lakers in the last 2 years, but still you knew the Lakers would win at Staples in Game 7 over that young team.

SpursDynasty
05-16-2010, 12:28 AM
I guess Dragic is looking forward to averaging 4 points a game against the Lakers

wanggi
05-16-2010, 04:43 AM
I'm happy for Lakerfans here. They're just like dead saulty fishes turned back to life again since they got Pau Gasol.
Kobe couldn't do nothing when the Suns eliminated them in the playoffs in 2006 and 2007.

Allanon
05-16-2010, 04:48 AM
I'm happy for Lakerfans here. They're just like dead saulty fishes turned back to life again since they got Pau Gasol.
Kobe couldn't do nothing when the Suns eliminated them in the playoffs in 2006 and 2007.

Even the GOAT Michael Jordan couldn't win without a Top 50 Greatest player in Scottie Pippen. No shame in Kobe needing Gasol to win...Gasol hasn't made that list and probably won't.

Giuseppe
05-16-2010, 05:16 AM
I don't give a flyin' fuck how the rings are gotten:::honest/dishonest,,,,Pau/no Pau,,,,ying/no yang.

I just tote 'em up, and I've got 15 NBA World Championships. And nobody, but, nobody is takin' nary one away from Culburn Castleberry.

No way, Jose'!

wanggi
05-16-2010, 07:09 AM
Even the GOAT Michael Jordan couldn't win without a Top 50 Greatest player in Scottie Pippen. No shame in Kobe needing Gasol to win...Gasol hasn't made that list and probably won't.

It's not true.
Ya Lakerfans always compare MJ to KB. But Kobe is not MJ. MJ is King of BBall legend.
Kobe was humiliated by the Suns but MJ was never humiliated by anyone.

Lakers were one man team before Pau Gasol joined them.

Without Kobe, Pau's Lakers can win, probably win better. :toast

John Wall
05-16-2010, 08:07 AM
If we could steal some, I'd be fine with. I'd really be stoked if the league forced the Warriors to merge with us, and we inherit their one title to help put us one closer to Boston. Doesn't matter how, just as long as we keep getting em.:king

Cream on the Inside
Clean on the outside
you're maybe the biggest retard on this site

Allanon
05-16-2010, 11:27 AM
It's not true.
Ya Lakerfans always compare MJ to KB. But Kobe is not MJ. MJ is King of BBall legend.

Nothing humiliating about a loss to the Suns when your starters include Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Luke Walton.

Just like there was no shame in Jordan getting swept by the Celtics. In fact, Jordan never even won 1 game against the Celtics in the Playoffs, he was swept every time.

But I digress, none of this changes the fact that Jordan couldn't win without Pippen. :toast

j.dizzle
05-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Once players like Dudley, Dragic & Frye get a couple elbows to the chin, they'll shrink into the scrubs they are. Sorry but the Spurs have nothing but sissies on their team now. Bowen would of let these players now they are not as good as they think they are. Players like Jefferson & Bonner are just not intimidating to anybody in the league, SA defense & toughness is a shell of what it used to be.

Leetonidas
05-16-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't give a flyin' fuck how the rings are gotten:::honest/dishonest,,,,Pau/no Pau,,,,ying/no yang.

I just tote 'em up, and I've got 15 NBA World Championships. And nobody, but, nobody is takin' nary one away from Culburn Castleberry.

No way, Jose'!

lol contradiction

milkshakeballa
05-16-2010, 01:08 PM
It's not true.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/attachments/hangout/101211d1254630478-motivational-posters-english-do-you-speak-demotivational-poster.jpg

Giuseppe
05-16-2010, 01:32 PM
lol contradiction

Horseshit. That's the way they called 'em on CBS back then. & back then is good enough now for Cub!

Allanon
05-16-2010, 01:40 PM
You're still in the times, they're still called the NBA World Champions, Cul.

Jeff Van Gundy cries about the "world" part every chance he gets :lol