PDA

View Full Version : Heroes cancelled

Biggems
05-15-2010, 10:44 AM
This blows........I was hoping for at least one more season of the show....something that might lead to a single box office movie....or merely just close out the series altogether.....but no. NBC cancelled it.

NBC disgusts me. They cancelled Life, which was a great show, without giving it a proper conclusion. Then there is the whole Konan incident. Now Heroes.

I guess you can say Heroes had a solid conclusion with how they defeated Samuel and Sylar turned good.....but still, it would have been nice to see how they played out the whole world knows there are special people angle.

At least Chuck is still around.....of course I wont hold my breath, cause come next week, they could cancel that too.

Dr. Gonzo
05-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Heroes sucked after the first season.

lefty
05-15-2010, 10:58 AM
This.

Same thing for Lost and Prisonbreak

BlackSwordsMan
05-15-2010, 11:01 AM
yes!

BlackSwordsMan
05-15-2010, 11:02 AM
wow didn't know chuck was still on air

MannyIsGod
05-15-2010, 11:34 AM

Yup. It had moments but really it was bad after s1.

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2010, 11:52 AM
the writers strike killed that shows momentum, and they never recovered.

J.T.
05-15-2010, 12:00 PM
the writers strike killed that shows momentum, and they never recovered.

Pretty much this. I never started watching again after that bullshit rushed ending to Season 2.

exstatic
05-15-2010, 03:41 PM
If you didn't know this was a foregone conclusion, you haven't been paying attention. This was strongly rumored from when the last episode of S4 aired like 2 months ago.

I was just glad they finally killed off the remnants of Nathan in S4. He was pretty useless once he got shot, got skeered, and sold out to the government.

Pero
05-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Thank god. Finally a show I didn't like much got cancelled and not one of those I like.

Stringer_Bell
05-15-2010, 04:43 PM
It's about damn time. This show has sucked since the Season 1 Finale...yea, the last episode of that season sucked ass and it killed the 2nd season before it started because it became clear the writers could build up to epic proportions but not resolve it gracefully.

Sylar was a scary mofo, making him sympathetic and eventually a good guy sounds cliche and a waste of time. THankfully I stopped watching after the midway point of Season 2.

sonic21
05-15-2010, 05:17 PM
I always thought the show would have been much better served if they had an entirely new cast every season. Maybe carry one character over between Seasons for a sense of familiarity. In this sort of show, it keeps it fresh. But they made bad choices with bad writing and the show failed.

MannyIsGod
05-15-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't know if I'd call a show that lasted four seasons a failure.

DJ Mbenga
05-15-2010, 07:09 PM
i didnt know this was still on the air

fraga
05-15-2010, 07:12 PM
I kept watching it in the hopes that one day they would have a full on all out powers battle with lightning and fire and teleporting shit...but alas...nothing...I guess it's for the best...they had their chance...and fucked it up trying to focus on the dramatic story line then the action...oh well...

Dex
05-15-2010, 07:46 PM

JMarkJohns
05-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Never see an episode of Friends: CHECK
Never see an episode of 24: CHECK
Never see an episode of Lost: CHECK
Never see an episode of Heroes: CHECK

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2010, 10:57 PM
What is heroes?

Blackjack
05-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Sylar was such a bad-ass character for the majority of its run. I wish they could do something with that role but it'll likely be in a movie 20-years from now when it's the new, vogue cancelled-show-needs-to-be-Summer-blockbuster-movie cycle again.

Anyone excited about the A-Team. :D

FalleNxWiZarDx
05-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Heros was hella tight on first season! buuut fuck dude... it tottaly sucked bad after that.... just went down hill with no dramma..... shows are just like Music Artist. All you need is one good song (season) and you made it!!...... NOT :\

Avitus1
05-16-2010, 12:17 AM

About halfway through the first season.

DMX7
05-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Where am I going to get my Hayden Panettiere action now?

LnGrrrR
05-16-2010, 03:25 AM
About halfway through the first season.

This. The synchronicity between the characters was pretty much ripped off from Lost, Ali Larter's story sucked, and sure, it had characters with "superpowers" but no other familiar comic book tropes.

They should never have made Peter have the same powers as Sylar... they should have just given Sylar his power, and then make Peter have one weak-ass power, forcing the good guys to team up against the bad guy. Happens all the time in comics, where the team of good guys takes down one lone villain (looking at you Dr. Doom).

Spurminator
05-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Heroes had potential but I didn't think it even reached it in Season 1. It was just new and different enough to keep me interested through that season, even though the writing was trite and gimmicky (as in how they had to sneak "Save the Cheerleader Save the World" into every episode 2 or 3 times in order to establish the catchphrase), and the acting was abysmal. As with a lot of Lost-era shows, it relied heavily on creating mysterious situations/questions without actually resolving them.

I abandoned it after the ridiculous finale of the first season. I won't say I'm glad it was canceled because I'm always in favor of there being a variety of TV shows beyond cop dramas, hospital dramas, reality shows and Jim Beliushi/Charlie Sheen sitcoms, but I am disappointed that Heroes never took what was a great premise to its full potential.

TheMACHINE
05-17-2010, 10:26 AM
I loved the first season then slowly stopped watching in the second season.

btw Chuck > Heroes.

JudynTX
05-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Good! :lol I stopped watching after Season 2.

Fpoonsie
05-17-2010, 10:45 AM
I stopped caring after Ssn 2, stopped watching the beginning of this past season. Certainly not losing sleep over this one meeting a fairly abrupt end...

...now DEADWOOD, on the other hand, STILL keeps me up at night. :bang

Mixability
05-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Never see an episode of Friends: CHECK
Never see an episode of 24: CHECK
Never see an episode of Lost: CHECK
Never see an episode of Heroes: CHECK

Damn.... I only got 3 of 4 on ya. Yeah...... Friends.... shoot me.

Spurtacus
05-19-2010, 03:11 AM
I'm glad its finally over. Should have been done after 3 seasons.