PDA

View Full Version : Yao Ming Workout

The Franchise
05-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Recorded 5/8/10 at 8:00 am. Just a little peak into how he's progressing for Rocket fans. There's also a short Scola sighting as well. Gotta love the work ethic!! :)

fJ2WilQ8nCg

Tmac&Luther
05-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Good it looks like he's lost alot of weight......he needs to get back to the "skinny Yao" that he was as a young player. (you know back when he was playing on average 78 games a year) It would help keep alot of pressure and wear and tear off his legs.

Dim Tuncan
05-15-2010, 12:42 PM
LOL Turkish Get Ups with no weight. This guy's a pro athlete?

Did a set of 15 each side this morning with the 40 kg kettlebell.

Yao is a weakling and a loser!

milkshakeballa
05-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Nice video.

Thanks for posting.

You can see how important strengthening secondary muscle are in basketball.

Surprise he is only squatting that much though?

MmP
05-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Do the rockets still want him around? Will he be shopped?

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Good it looks like he's lost alot of weight......he needs to get back to the "skinny Yao" that he was as a young player. (you know back when he was playing on average 78 games a year) It would help keep alot of pressure and wear and tear off his legs.

That's what I've been sayin

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Do the rockets still want him around? Will he be shopped?

Les still wants him around, if were up to Morey, I think he would be shopped

GuerillaBlack
05-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Go Yao! :)

I think he can come back strong. Yao probably wouldn't, but he should pull a Shaq this year. Play until the All-Star Break and have an "injury". Take a month or so off, and come back strong for the playoffs.

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Nice video.

Thanks for posting.

Yeah, but again, we don't want too much weight to the point where he might get hurt just lifting

Tmac&Luther
05-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Nice video.

Thanks for posting.

That and core training......lots and lots of core training, but that's important to any sport.

He's still in the rehab phase of his recovery, baby steps......you don't want a relapse.

Indazone
05-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Damn, that's some hard core training. I just do the basics at the gym..forget all that core training. Might have to incorporate some of those moves into my own training.

milkshakeballa
05-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Damn, that's some hard core training. I just do the basics at the gym..forget all that core training. Might have to incorporate some of those moves into my own training.

basics at the gym = core training

gtfo beginner at the gym lil twig?

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 04:05 PM
basics at the gym = core training

gtfo beginner at the gym lil twig?

:lmao All Indazone knows how to do his ride Yao's nuts and slobber his dick

sefant77
05-15-2010, 04:24 PM
sadly he still wont play 100+ games that you need to win a ring

Mavs_man_41
05-15-2010, 04:30 PM
lol this clown weak as shit

4>0rings
05-15-2010, 04:59 PM
That's a big boy.

Indazone
05-15-2010, 05:04 PM
By the way Djohn, one thing I am so glad that the Rockets management is so good at. Picking great players and letting Morey run the show.

PS

Morey is smarter than you

milkshakeballa
05-15-2010, 05:26 PM
By the way Djohn, one thing I am so glad that the Rockets management is so good at. Picking great players and letting Morey run the show.

PS

yep but you're still a twig

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 06:23 PM

PS

LOL, we're talkin about how Yao can never hold up a season, and of course you must protect Yao's nuts

duhoh
05-15-2010, 07:12 PM
LOL, we're talkin about how Yao can never hold up a season, and of course you must protect Yao's nuts

LOL doesn't matter, Yao's still the franchise :downspin:

The Franchise
05-15-2010, 07:43 PM
sadly he still wont play 100+ games that you need to win a ring

I think they intend to draft a defensive minded backup C (Solomon Alabi :)) to save him from the wear and tear of the regular season. He'll be fine if he only plays about 25 minutes a night during the regular season.

Rogue
05-15-2010, 07:45 PM
lol this clown weak as shit
not really TBH. if Mr. Shite makes a full recover and returns what he was, then he'd be a decent signing for Mavs (neither the if nor then is likely though). Shite pretty much dominates the paint fighting average centers, and battles the zone even when taking on the great ones like Duncan, DH, etc.... Shawn Bradley looked a feather compared to Shite, at roughly the same size.

SPURSCHAMP
05-15-2010, 07:51 PM
congrats to Yao

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 10:30 PM
I think they intend to draft a defensive minded backup C (Solomon Alabi :)) to save him from the wear and tear of the regular season. He'll be fine if he only plays about 25 minutes a night during the regular season.

They do want offense out of that spot too :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I don't care how much someone hates the Rockets, Yao is a guy you root for. Hopefully he gets back and can still play at a high level.

Idk why Yao is someone to root for. He puts himself before his team and does shit to risk injuries. When he fucked up his foot in 2008, he didn't have anything to say about how his injury ruined any championship aspirations Houston had at the time, all he could talk about was how much he wanted to play in the Olympics. Self centered sacks of shit aren't people to root for.

djohn2oo8
05-15-2010, 10:45 PM
The plan should be to play him for 41 games, rest him on back to backs, so he can be fresh for the playoffs

ezzizle
05-15-2010, 11:34 PM
low intensity workout. but i guess he's coming back from injury

bostonguy
05-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Idk why Yao is someone to root for. He puts himself before his team and does shit to risk injuries. When he fucked up his foot in 2008, he didn't have anything to say about how his injury ruined any championship aspirations Houston had at the time, all he could talk about was how much he wanted to play in the Olympics. Self centered sacks of shit aren't people to root for.

This. Plus if the Rockets are smart, they trade his expiring contract for another bigman. Yao is never going to stay healthy. It only gets worse from here on out. They need to put these "hopes" to rest and trade this injury prone player for someone who can actually stay healthy.

mavsfan1000
05-16-2010, 12:17 AM
They should save Yao for the playoffs. No way he can make it through 82 games.

Ghazi
05-16-2010, 12:19 AM

Doesnt seem to stop you from rooting for Amare

:lmao 5 rebound ecstasy

<-------