PDA

View Full Version : ** RTB: Raising The Bar; Official Thread **

Blackjack
05-15-2010, 08:52 PM
With the 2009-2010 campaign now laid to rest we're left to look forward to the Draft, free-agency and the inevitable trade talk to tide us over until we get some Summer ball and the eventual training camp. But with games still yet to be played and some downtime before any of the aforementioned can really get kicked off, it'd probably be a good idea to not lose sight of the bar and not let this board taper off to pre-RTB levels.

Many were asked to step their game up and have obliged. Some were asked to do something of their own to contribute to the board, and there've been a handful of people that have done their part or at least made a contribution upon the initial request. But let's not lose sight of the bar and where we'd all like to keep it set. Let's figure out a way everyone can do their part so no one feels burdened with another responsibility or feels obligated to do something they feel forced to do -- this should be about keeping the board at a standard that everyone's comfortable with and more can aspire to.

So with that being said, let's hear what you've got. If you'd like to do a column like myself every once in a while, go for it. If there's some kind of inside the numbers thing you'd like to do, that's great too; Scouting, capologists, comedy, entertainment, whatever you feel you can contribute and do well, by all means. Do it to it.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that would like to do the same thing, that's great as well. If y'all know what each other are doing you can confer beforehand and keep a steadier flow of content -- trade off weeks, make a rotation or just talk before hand so you don't step on each others toes. Just make it known what you'd like to contribute in this thread and you can figure out who's on the same page as you and get a gameplan moving forward -- this thread will serve as the War Room to allow posters to see what's on deck and what's coming down the pike in days, weeks and months down the road; it'll also serve as a place to brainstorm and figure out what kind of content posters here would be interested in seeing.

We've got a lot of sick puppies here that should probably be doing time, but, for the most part, they've got some creativity and good ideas. Let's put 'em to use. With that, I open the board to you. Suggestions and/or contributions ... let's see what y'all got.

- RTB -

http://ralphlosey.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/pole-vault-hamster.jpg

Blackjack
05-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Recent suggestion: SpursTalk Awards (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154313)

Being that this is a NBA-themed board, I'd suggest (if you guys would like to do it) the awards follow a similar guideline: First, Second and Third All-SpursTalk, Rookie of the Year, MVP and so forth. There'd have to be something for the best non-Spurs poster, troll and maybe thread and post of the year, but I think the 1-3 Teams, ROY and MVP are a good place to start.

Yea or nay on the awards?

Chieflion
05-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Blackjack = Boom, roasted for plagarizing ideas

After suggesting that there should be an MVP award race for Spurstalk, he has been "Boom, roasted." Without using the search function, Blackjack created a thread to show who is the MVP, ROY, of the Spurs forum this season. After writing such long posts, it is safe to assume Blackjack has been drinking and gotten drunk.

When interviewed, Phila_Chamberlain said he would contribute by suggesting monthly realistic trade ideas which tend to go a little bit out of hand. Realistic trade ideas are non-existent in the Spurs forum and should not appear unless in the context of trading Tony Parker away, which would ignite the flames of the Tony Parker gangbusters led by ducks.

This ends Chieflion's report on the RTB: Raising the Bar; Official Thread. There is more to come later. Read my next report.

Fabbs
05-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Recent suggestion: SpursTalk Awards (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154313)
Yea or nay on the awards?
and just as the NBA brought you Karl Malone over MJ and Steve Nash for back to back MVPs.......

Blackjack
05-15-2010, 09:52 PM
So Phila_'s going to be doing his trade thing. :tu

Chieflion's going to be doing his Onion thing. :tu

And Fabbs is going to be stuffing the ballot box. :tu

Big ol' :tu all the way around.

Blackjack
05-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Of the people, by the people and for the people, Phila_.

Do your thing and if it catches on, keep on keepin' on.

We just need to -- as a collective -- do our part individually so that this place doesn't have a precipitous drop off. If it works it works. If not ... try something else.

It's all about pounding the rock, after all. :hat

Fabbs
05-15-2010, 10:11 PM
And Fabbs is going to be stuffing the ballot box. :tu
yeah I'm so into prominence. :lol :rolleyes

Phila_Chamberlain
So how are we going to do the nominations for the awards? I'll be honest we have a lot of ass kiss voters on this board. It just depends on who ass is kissed the most.
:tu now who could that be?

Blackjack
05-15-2010, 10:15 PM
So how are we going to do the nominations for the awards? I'll be honest we have a lot of ass kiss voters on this board. It just depends on who ass is kissed the most.

I think we need to come to some kind of consensus.

We should probably start a thread with a poll for each award (a closed poll -- it'd be cool if we could keep the vote quiet so we could unveil the winners on a certain day) and go from there.

Like for the First, Second and Third Team awards, we'll narrow it down to the top 15 vote-getters and then do polls for First, Second and Third team -- the MVP could be the leading vote-getter or we could do a separate poll with those 15 and have posters decide who they believe deserves the award.

Something like that. A thread for nominees, a thread with a poll for the nominees and a final results thread where each award is unveiled. If you've got something better, I'm all ears.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5tY-XfbgJe0/Scqrgwan1VI/AAAAAAAACVo/ZRIfPegTj5g/s400/all%2Bears.jpg

Blackjack
05-15-2010, 10:19 PM
yeah I'm so into prominence. :lol :rolleyes

I'm sure I could pull some strings, Fabbs. :downspin:

Fabbs
05-15-2010, 10:21 PM
If anything we can get a good laugh while trying to jump over the bar.
:lol
Good one!
Lets keep this thread moving in a Bar Raising experience.

Blackjack
05-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Good one!
Lets keep this thread moving in a Bar Raising experience.

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/243/522180747_a611bb932b.jpg

http://slanchreport.com/images/stories/galleries/tatianagrigorieva/tatiana-grigorieva-1.jpg

- RTB -

They do (and not that one you pervs ... they're pole-vaulters).

Fabbs
05-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Video replay of a play (or plays).

When a game changing or controversial play occurs, sometimes it's available on YouTube. But lots of times it isn't.

Could we get a good hearted-has time-and techno skills-person to put a clip of the requested play(s) up? Like if Slomo wasn't constantly dating Russian models or ????

Blackjack
05-15-2010, 10:44 PM

When a game changing or controversial play occurs, sometimes it's available on YouTube. But lots of times it isn't.

Could we get a good hearted-has time-and techno skills-person to put a clip of the requested play(s) up? Like if Slomo wasn't constantly dating Russian models or ????

That's what I'm talking about Fabbs. :tu

I know we've got a handful of people here capable of doing that, we just need them to volunteer their services.

Gifs, highlights or whatever other visual media I haven't a clue about, anybody interested or willing?

SpursTillTheEnd
05-15-2010, 11:18 PM
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/1139/99613807.jpg (http://img693.imageshack.us/i/99613807.jpg/)

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 01:31 AM
I'm not sure if that's unfortunate, convenient or obscene. :huh

It's unfortunate if she was born with her tits on her back, convenient if it's an extra pair that allows you to avoid the face, and obscene if she was born with tits on her back and conveniently forgot to cover them up before going into Fah-king Wal-Mart.

You have not only not raised the bar, but you've sat on it with that picture and lost it in the vortex that is her crease.

polandprzem
05-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Hey BJ why your thread is sticked as important?

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Hey BJ why your thread is sticked as important?

Because it's for the betterment of humankind (or at least SpursTalk).

Should we expect to see some more Poland's Perspective?

J.T.
05-16-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm in for awards as long as I receive the first official SpursTalk Spammy for my Nickelback cover video.

polandprzem
05-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Because it's for the betterment of humankind (or at least SpursTalk).

Should we expect to see some more Poland's Perspective?

That's good
If this offseason will be decent on ST I'm fine

PP? Well I don't know - I'm not kinda offseason guy, salary guy and rumors guy.

But maybe I will write one to end the season.
You are the only person IMO who remembers I had that RTB threads also

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm in for awards as long as I receive the first official SpursTalk Spammy for my Nickelback cover video.

That's definitely going to be in the running for something. For what, I'm not sure. :lol

We need some ideas on how to do the awards and what the categories there should be.

My first thought was to just have a nomination thread where the top 15 vote-getters are placed on First, Second or Third Team All-SpursTalk. And then from that we can do another thread with a poll of those 15 for MVP, or something along those lines. Rookie of the Year will be something similar -- have those that'd like to be taken into consideration post in another thread and then start a poll from there.

But if we're going to do it right, we've gotta have something for post and thread of the year, Best Foreign Poster (or something for the non-Spurs fan) and Troll of the Year.

But I need to know if you guys are cool with those categories/which ones you are cool with and what categories would you like to see or add; and some kind of consensus on how to tabulate results.

Give me some suggestions and I'll see if I can find a way to do it to it.

PP? Well I don't know - I'm not kinda offseason guy, salary guy and rumors guy.

But maybe I will write one to end the season.
You are the only person IMO who remembers I had that RTB threads also

I think you need to do an end-of-season one. I may be one of the few that acknowledged Poland's Perspective but I know I'm not the only one to take the time to read it. It was definitely worth taking the time, IMO. Good stuff. :tu

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 05:02 PM
And if anyone of you peoples wants to hit me up with a PM to make a suggestion, that's fine. Whatever it takes to get more of you involved in RTB, let's get it done.

polandprzem
05-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Best poster
All-ST
All-defense ST team
Best defender
Rookie [first year so I dunno]
Best Clubber [guy from he club]
Best lady

Best knowledge
Worst poster
Idol
Best quote
Most innovative

jesus and many more

Man In Black
05-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Best sig with substance? There's a lotta flash but not really a whole lot of substance. I suppose it's purely subjective. I mean the sigs with big tits are all fine and smile inducing but full of substance? That's to be determined.

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Best poster
All-ST
All-defense ST team
Best defender
Rookie [first year so I dunno]
Best Clubber [guy from he club]
Best lady

Best knowledge
Worst poster
Idol
Best quote
Most innovative

jesus and many more

Best sig with substance? There's a lotta flash but not really a whole lot of substance. I suppose it's purely subjective. I mean the sigs with big tits are all fine and smile inducing but full of substance? That's to be determined.

And that's pretty much the crux of it -- all good ideas but the list could go forever.

Maybe we can do 1-3 All-SpursTalk (which can encompass every board), Club and NBA Forum Poster of the Year, Rookie of the Year and Troll of the year.

Once that's done and we see how it goes, we can get into the more specialized and entertainment awards: Post and Thread of the Year, Sig of the Year, SpursTalk Saying/Word of the Year (something to credit the poster with the best tagline or for introducing a word to the SpursTalk lexicon), Spammy (for musical contribution and/or Nickleback douchebaggery :hat), etc.

But I think we should probably start with the basics and then we can figure out all the other stuff as we go. Plus, it'll be a way to stretch it out over the Summer to keep SpursTalk with some fresh, entertaining material throughout.

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 08:08 PM
I need criteria, folks.

I want to open an All-SpursTalk award nominations thread, but I need to know what the criteria should be. Should this be solely for Spurs fans; solely for posters contributions to the Spurs board; or should it just be who you believe are the 15 best posters/contributors to the board?

I intend on doing MVP/Poster of the Year award for the NBA forum, Club and something for Troll of the year, so how should we determine the All-SpursTalk Teams?

Rappin' Pop
05-16-2010, 08:25 PM
I am gonna nominate myself, rappin' style.

Yo, Blackjack, what's up, dawg.
Tony Parker was acting like a motherfucking ballhog.
We all know Fabbs likes to hate me singing.
But I got 4 championships ringing!
Not only that, Phila thinks he can fool around with his trades.
He thinks he will be able to get some STD Wades.
polandprzems thinks he can come up with some perspectives.
Howeva, all he gonna come up with is some shitty contraceptives.
So, we raisin the bloody bar, I destroying this thread like a demolition derby.
We don't say tee hee around here like that pedophile Cubby.

So, Spurstalkers, tell me how my ass tastes.

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Should J.T. be worried about his Spammy?

Rappin' Pop
05-16-2010, 09:03 PM

Sucka, how about a big motherfuckin NO need for that crap.
Now I have to come up with another super duper rap!
He can't worry about his little Spammy.
He has to be concerned about a double whammy.
You just wasting my time, my man.
I just opened another fuckin whoop ass can.
How long can you withstand these ass kickings?
Just ask the new troll on the NBA forum, 21_Dickings.

So, Blackjack, tell me how my ass tastes.

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Salty.

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Pop your collar, Rappin' Shaq

You just laid the smack on 'Jack

But I'd reckon ya don't get cocky and catch yourself slippin'

'Cause 'Jack comes correct with some Lasik vision.

That's right, silly faggot, Tricks for kids.

And your mom don't bring in no record bids.

So heed the words, son, and perfect your story.

'Cause 'Jack's packin' heat that could warm a sorority.

Word to ya motha . . .

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Sadly, I've just lowered the bar in a thread specifically aimed at raising it. :depressed

NewJerSpur
05-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Sadly, I've just lowered the bar in a thread specifically aimed at raising it. :depressed

carina_gino20
05-16-2010, 10:26 PM
I want to open an All-SpursTalk award nominations thread, but I need to know what the criteria should be. Should this be solely for Spurs fans; solely for posters contributions to the Spurs board; or should it just be who you believe are the 15 best posters/contributors to the board?

If you're gonna get down to the details, it will turn out to be horridly convoluted so I think a Top __ list will be better.

You can come up with the different awards first. Put up the list in a poll if you have trouble choosing the most pertinent ones.

Ask for nominations for each award. Maybe limit one nomination per poster. Then put up those names for a vote once the deadline for nominations has passed.

My suggestions for awards:

ST MVP
ST All NBA 1st, 2nd, 3rd team
ST Armchair Coach of the Year
ST Troll of the Year
ST Rookie of the Year
ST Most Improved Poster of the Year
ST GM of the Year
ST Foreign Poster of the Year
ST Pistons<Spurs Photoshop of the Year
ST GIF of the Year

Yeah, sorry for the lack of originality. :lol

Rappin' Pop
05-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Pop your collar, Rappin' Shaq

You just laid the smack on 'Jack

But I'd reckon ya don't get cocky and catch yourself slippin'

'Cause 'Jack comes correct with some Lasik vision.

That's right, silly faggot, Tricks for kids.

And your mom don't bring in no record bids.

So heed the words, son, and perfect your story.

'Cause 'Jack's packin' heat that could warm a sorority.

Word to ya motha . . .
Rappin' Shaq, nigga who complained about Hack-a-Shaq.
Goddamn, you are outta whack.
I am Rappin' Pop, invincible trolling rapper.
Blackjack, go back eating your Burger King whopper.
The only schtick you have is to talk about my mother.
That is a sad life you got, motherfucker.
Cool story bro, I am dragging your ass through the backdoor.
Kicking you into the curb, I can say I am a damn strong boor.
Damn son, grab that damn whopper and run for your life.
Cause Rappin' Pop is banging your bloody wife.

So, Blackjack, tell me how the votes taste!

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 10:54 PM
If you're gonna get down to the details, it will turn out to be horridly convoluted so I think a Top __ list will be better.

You can come up with the different awards first. Put up the list in a poll if you have trouble choosing the most pertinent ones.

Ask for nominations for each award. Maybe limit one nomination per poster. Then put up those names for a vote once the deadline for nominations has passed.

My suggestions for awards:

ST MVP
ST All NBA 1st, 2nd, 3rd team
ST Armchair Coach of the Year
ST Troll of the Year
ST Rookie of the Year
ST Most Improved Poster of the Year
ST GM of the Year
ST Foreign Poster of the Year
ST Pistons<Spurs Photoshop of the Year
ST GIF of the Year

Yeah, sorry for the lack of originality. :lol

Very nice; and I like the Pistons<Spurs Photoshop of the Year (as I was thinking about doing something similar for jaffies -- the award should be named after them, screw just receiving it :lol).

All right, I'm trying to wrap my head around your suggestion but I need a little clarification (forgive me, I'm dense).

I need to get to some kind of consensus on 15 posters for The All-SpursTalk Teams. Concentrate on that and tell me how you'd go about it; are you suggesting I put all the award categories in one thread and let people nominate that way?

Actually, Maybe I should just have people quote the OP and fill out a ballot consisting of all the awards. . .

Anyone?

Bueller?

polandprzem
05-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Just make sure to have a thread with votes only not to make mess

polandprzem
05-16-2010, 10:59 PM
also every poster can give an award of his own, but it will not be under cosideration

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Rappin' Shaq, nigga who complained about Hack-a-Shaq.
Goddamn, you are outta whack.
I am Rappin' Pop, invincible trolling rapper.
Blackjack, go back eating your Burger King whopper.
The only schtick you have is to talk about my mother.
That is a sad life you got, motherfucker.
Cool story bro, I am dragging your ass through the backdoor.
Kicking you into the curb, I can say I am a damn strong boor.
Damn son, grab that damn whopper and run for your life.
Cause Rappin' Pop is banging your bloody wife.

So, Blackjack, tell me how the votes taste!

Oops, sorry ... I guess ya not that important

Confusing Shaq with Pop ain't no ringin' endorsement

Of you, son, what ya thank 'bout that

Flappin your gums be only a wasted breath

But it's all right Pop, you ain't done for yet

But if you keep talikn' that noise you'll leave wet and upset

'Cause I don't play when the verses start to flow

Straight rippin' vital organs with a twisted smile yo

Enjoyin' your demise lost in the afterglow

As I been playin' with your emotions like some GI Joe

So how ya gonna come correct to that

You act like you know, like you know the 'Jack

But it's all right, fool, I get your shtick

Playin' with your nursery rhymes lickity split

Time to head off, Pop, and end the show

I'm all out of quarters for your mother's show.

- RTB - :smokin

Kori Ellis
05-16-2010, 11:21 PM
In my opinion, the poster "awards" always turn into a gigantic disaster because people take them way, way, way to seriously.

So...good luck with that. :lol

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Seriously, Rappin' Pop, I'm a borderline redneck. This rappin' thing ain't for me. So I'm going to let you have your response and leave at that -- I wouldn't want you losing to someone of my ilk and I certainly don't want this thread to devolve in RTB: RapTalk Battles.

So come up with something for RTB, or walk on home, boy (that's more my speed) . . .

Rappin' Pop
05-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Rappin' Pop is gonna send a last message to Blackjack.
We all know he is officially out of whack.
Me drinking some sick ass wine, some real superb alcohol.
However, you sitting there getting fucked by a $10 hoe.
Get a life, son, a sex life, I got to bold.
I am sorry you are sitting there cold.
I forgot you can't do that since I was banging your wife.
I guess that's why you have to look for $10 hoes to enhance your sex life.
Dude, I am running this forum, I am guessing you need some lube.
To smoothen out that ass, go watch some youtube.
Me humping your wife, a featured video, made you a cuckold.
You are all mine, sucka, bet you will just break down and fold.

So, Blackjack, got owned again, gained me some votes, I know I am awesome and tell me how my ass taste.

carina_gino20
05-16-2010, 11:28 PM
I need to get to some kind of consensus on 15 posters for The All-SpursTalk Teams. Concentrate on that and tell me how you'd go about it; are you suggesting I put all the award categories in one thread and let people nominate that way?

For the All ST Teams, maybe you can do it similar to the way NBA does it? The easy way out would be just to get the nominations, and then after voting, just get the 15 top vote getters. Unless you wanna do it by position. :lol

As for the other categories, this is what I've seen from another site. Open a thread where you list out all the categories and ask posters to nominate a poster for each category.

After the deadline, collect all the nominees for each category and just open a poll like what poland said.

SpursTillTheEnd
05-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Oh what so we rappin now aight i got yall.

Rappin pop aint nothin to me, in fact you jus a kid
grown men at the table, go undo your bib/
You look like a kid infact you bout to die from SIDS/
You buggin so imma repel this insect like some RID/
rappin pop gonna end up how Jack in that fairy tale did,
Fallen down on the ground on his crown with a crack lid

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 11:29 PM
In my opinion, the poster "awards" always turn into a gigantic disaster because people take them way, way, way to seriously.

So...good luck with that. :lol

Yeah, I just talked to someone about that (but it's kinda part of the fun :lol).

It's something to pass the time and entertain the masses during some Spurs downtime. Plus, there's nothing like some good debate for a message board. :hat

How would you suggest I get to the top 15 though, Kori; and would you and timvp like to be taken into consideration?

Chieflion
05-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I just talked to someone about that (but it's kinda part of the fun :lol).

It's something to pass the time and entertain the masses during some Spurs downtime. Plus, there's nothing like some good debate for a message board. :hat

How would you suggest I get to the top 15 though, Kori; and would you and timvp like to be taken into consideration?

One more post to 4,444. Do it, Blackjack.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2010, 11:33 PM

I would say to pick 10 people who you think are good judges - PM them privately to get their suggestions for nominations. And then create the top 15 on your own based on their ideas and your own opinion.

timvp and I shouldn't be in consideration.

polandprzem
05-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Category for best moderator is impossible here :)

I remember long long long long time ago I posted soemthing like "let's make a forum awards! :) "
And Kori and other were like - do what you want.
I was like :huh
They were like : whateva

polandprzem
05-16-2010, 11:35 PM

I think it's a good idea for some particular reasons

MaNu4Tres
05-16-2010, 11:36 PM
I would say to pick 10 people who you think are good judges - PM them privately to get their suggestions for nominations. And then create the top 15 on your own based on their ideas and your own opinion.

If there's a way to do it.

I agree with this.

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Rappin' Pop is gonna send a last message to Blackjack.
We all know he is officially out of whack.
Me drinking some sick ass wine, some real superb alcohol.
However, you sitting there getting fucked by a $10 hoe.
Get a life, son, a sex life, I got to bold.
I am sorry you are sitting there cold.
I forgot you can't do that since I was banging your wife.
I guess that's why you have to look for $10 hoes to enhance your sex life.
Dude, I am running this forum, I am guessing you need some lube.
To smoothen out that ass, go watch some youtube.
Me humping your wife, a featured video, made you a cuckold.
You are all mine, sucka, bet you will just break down and fold.

So, Blackjack, got owned again, gained me some votes, I know I am awesome and tell me how my ass taste.

Just ownin' this redneck. :lmao

Well ... at least it didn't take almost an hour this time. :tu

Blackjack
05-16-2010, 11:39 PM

Thanks, I think I'll give that a go. :toast

ElNono
05-16-2010, 11:43 PM
raise the bar

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/faustus777/TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

J.T.
05-17-2010, 07:48 AM

I'm the four best "Rappin'" trolls anyway so it'll be like signing a tab and having money go back into my own pocket.

J.T.
05-17-2010, 07:50 AM

Anyone in the GTG crew should get an automatic DQ as well.

Blackjack
05-17-2010, 01:40 PM
I've decided we're going to do the All-SpursTalk Teams, MVP, Rookie and maybe a few others first; and then we'll do a Spammy's (or whatever you guys want to call it) for all the entertainment-type stuff (trolls, threads, posts, photoshops, etc.).

I should have a thread for the 15 nominated members up for All-SpursTalk by the end of the week -- maybe start of next week -- and we'll go from there.

In the meantime, keep the suggestions coming -- name for the awards, categories and whatever else you can think of -- and I'll see what I can do.

dbestpro
05-17-2010, 03:18 PM
How about a forum where you can dump all of the crap instead of locking them out. As long as they don't do anything illegal (under age photos and express news). You could even title it "How low can you go?" Kind of a way to raise the bar by thinning the garbage from here by giving it a place to be.

polandprzem
05-17-2010, 03:41 PM
How about a forum where you can dump all of the crap instead of locking them out. As long as they don't do anything illegal (under age photos and express news). You could even title it "How low can you go?" Kind of a way to raise the bar by thinning the garbage from here by giving it a place to be.

impossible

Many posters will double the amount od stupidity just to be relegated to the 'new' forum

Blackjack
05-17-2010, 03:47 PM

You mean like having them be rerouted to the troll forum immediately upon clicking on SpursTalk?

Fabbs
05-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Multiple personality trolls with multiple profiles who post to themselves in hijacking a thread in a desperate attempt to sound validated, or witty, or supported.
While we should perhaps be assisting them in getting appropriate mental health access and self esteem counseling, why should the rest of us have to endure them talking to themselves? Get some mods to blow them out when they are stinking up a thread.

Blackjack
05-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Is there someone in particular you have in mind? :lol

Fabbs
05-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Is there someone in particular you have in mind? :lol
Not you.
Wait, don't tell my you're Cuntburn/Colburn/monoslob1kGETSowned something like that reinstated as Giuseppe multis?
I cannot accept that.

Blackjack
05-17-2010, 04:26 PM
No, I just couldn't help but think of ST's favorite rodent when reading your post. That would be like America condemning apple pie . . .

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 05:29 PM
I did come up with this gem:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126805&highlight=D-Bag+Team

Blackjack
05-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Noted. :tu

Fabbs
05-17-2010, 06:23 PM
I did come up with this gem:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126805&highlight=D-Bag+Team
Are all the Laker homo's n wiggas actually mouse? :rollin
Why is that not surprising.

J.T.
05-18-2010, 02:32 AM
No, I just couldn't help but think of ST's favorite rodent when reading your post. That would be like America condemning apple pie . . .

Apple pie is about as contemporary as professional baseball. Who gives a fuck anymore? That saying should be changed to America condemning beer or extramarital sex. Or beer-induced extramarital sex.

Blackjack
05-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Apple pie is about as contemporary as professional baseball. Who gives a fuck anymore? That saying should be changed to America condemning beer or extramarital sex. Or beer-induced extramarital sex.

Dissent.

It's as American as shouting down apple pie (and good call on the beer-induced extramarital sex, even if I wouldn't limit it to that sweet nectar of the gods :tu).

Blackjack
05-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Quick update:

I've got about half of the nominations in and I'll probably start doing the polls next week. We're probably going to have to do a few, so I'm thinking I'll stretch it over a few weeks since it's the Summer and it'll give us something to do while there's not as much going on.

I'll probably just set up a poll, leave it open for 48hrs or so and start the next poll the following week on the same day, or something to that effect; I'm thinking there's probably going to be 3 in all to come up with the All-SpursTalk Teams -- vote total will decide which team the Top-15 make.

If anyone's got something they'd like to contribute to the cause (maybe some awards graphics, names, ideas on how to do it, or otherwise) leave me a message in this thread so we can figure something out; I'm hoping to have all the nominations in by Friday.

Thanks.

J.T.
05-22-2010, 05:13 AM
Will there be punch and pie?

polandprzem
05-22-2010, 05:18 AM

We can punch your pie maybe?

polandprzem
05-22-2010, 05:19 AM
BTW I can't gather myself yet

Blackjack
05-22-2010, 01:49 PM

http://www.pbpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/halfbaked.jpg

Punch and pie!?!

This is THC you're talkin' to, brah . . .

http://www.quizlaw.com/blog/images/funyuns.jpeg

:smokin

Chieflion
05-24-2010, 04:03 AM
So, where is the list? Anyway, I feel offended.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-24-2010, 10:06 AM

That bar is heavy, brah.

Blackjack
05-24-2010, 12:18 PM

That bar is heavy, brah.

:tu

I'm waiting to see if a few more are going to come in but today is the last day. I'll be getting it started tomorrow -- Chieflion's offendedness is just too unbearable . . .

Blackjack
05-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Just to be clear, if I've sent you a list and you've yet to get back to me, you've got until late tonight to get it to me -- I'm trying to get as fair a representation as possible but by tomorrow morning ... dem polls be closed.

Thanks to y'all that have or are taking the time to help a brother out. :toast

Blackjack
05-24-2010, 05:25 PM
BTW I can't gather myself yet

You mean, for Poland's Perspective?

Hopefully all this year-end award stuff will give you some material and maybe something to bitch about. :lol

polandprzem
05-25-2010, 05:55 AM
You mean, for Poland's Perspective?

Hopefully all this year-end award stuff will give you some material and maybe something to bitch about. :lol

yea well all together. it's really not about pp. I do not think it rising anything. There are many more better threads and posts coming from time to time on this board.
I'm not a some sort of changing anything kinda guy in here.

To me - I need to have an impuls to do something.
I'm off recently. I've started to write PP but I stopped and cannot force myself to do anything. No I'm not gonna take prosac. :)

But I see a wall with a sign misarable. And that's what I feel mostly now. My life. I feel like I'm in a cage and cannot free myself. That's my life. Like a mental block like well I can't go take a risk and perform on the areas I never been before.
I always felt I'm not reaching any level of the potential I had. Now it becomes a reality. I'm unable to do this and now I'm getting old ...

ehhh doesn't matter

:toast

Blackjack
05-25-2010, 10:20 PM
I've decided we're going to do the All-SpursTalk Teams, MVP, Rookie and maybe a few others first; and then we'll do a Spammy's (or whatever you guys want to call it) for all the entertainment-type stuff (trolls, threads, posts, photoshops, etc.).

I should have a thread for the 15 nominated members up for All-SpursTalk by the end of the week -- maybe start of next week -- and we'll go from there.

In the meantime, keep the suggestions coming -- name for the awards, categories and whatever else you can think of -- and I'll see what I can do.

All right, so All-SpursTalk is up and moving but I still need some input on the rest.

What should constitute rookie, Jan. 1, 2009? And how do you want to do/decide MVP?

Those two are the most pertinent at the moment, then I'm going to need suggestions on a name for the entertainment awards.

Blackjack
05-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Objections?

I've always found this to be an extremely docile environment without any kind of contentiousness. I'm sure the board would be more than happy to acquiesce and allow you to be awarded with the MVP, sans protest.

Blackjack
05-26-2010, 11:22 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/georgekarras/Images/cornholio1.jpg

Blackjack
05-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Smaller, please? :D

Blackjack
05-26-2010, 11:26 PM
And that's never what she said. :depressed

SpursTillTheEnd
05-26-2010, 11:27 PM
i passed chamberlin i hit 30,000 chicks

Blackjack
05-26-2010, 11:34 PM

Even sadder that I've done it again. :shootme

Take your pick:

http://thesaurus.com/browse/sarcastic

Damn, Phila_ . . .

You tellin' me you weren't being sarcastic with your initial comment (and thanks to you I can use that word in a sentence :downspin:).

polandprzem
05-27-2010, 02:31 PM
I don't Phila ik voting

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Of course I was being serious. If I don't win the MVP there will be hell to pay. That and I won't let you guys in on inside info anymore.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1320
:downspin:

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Your MVP award.

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 08:19 PM
:huh

But it's nothing...

I'm offended, by the way. I put a lot of time into engraving your name. :depressed

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 08:24 PM
But it's nothing...

That's exactly what it's all about.

hjDnGBrhhaQ

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 08:30 PM
http://media.80stees.com/images/products/Seinfeld_Kramer_Giddy_Up-T-link.jpg

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Phila_, sometimes I think we're speaking different languages. :downspin:

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 08:53 PM
So you no like the award I made you?

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 09:18 PM
The Maurice Podoloff Trophy, also known as the NBA's MVP award, is a bad award?

You operate in another stratosphere, Phila_. I ain't got game like that. :worthy:

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 09:28 PM
How can you see the Kramer picture and not the ones of the award? Scroll up, my man.

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Can you see it now?

Is Phila_'s computer jacked or am I the only one who can see this? (I'm guessing Phila_'s putting the banana in the ol' tailpipe. :lol)

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Can you see it now?

Is Phila_'s computer jacked or am I the only one who can see this? (I'm guessing Phila_'s putting the banana in the ol' tailpipe. :lol)

If you're talking about a pic of the MVP trophy, I can't see it.

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 09:47 PM
If you're talking about a pic of the MVP trophy, I can't see it.

Again, I can't see it.

So you really aren't screwin' with me? What is it showing?

And for the record I don't do anal sex. I wouldn't want anything shoved up my ass, why would the lady?

I had a feeling you'd take it there. You sick ol' bastard. :lol

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 09:52 PM
So you really aren't screwin' with me? What is it showing?

Aside from the Kramer pic and the downward spin smilie,

34ag4nkSh7Q

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 09:52 PM
At the risk of making a complete ass of myself (although, nothing new), here it is one more time.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1321

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Can you see 'the poll don't lie' pic in the awards thread (of Rip and 'Sheed)?

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Can you see 'the poll don't lie' pic in the awards thread (of Rip and 'Sheed)?

Post #94 is blank. When I quote the post, I can see the code for the pic. I copied that and will paste it here. Let's see what shows up:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1319

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Something must be wrong with the link to your pic

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 10:05 PM
How 'bout now?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1322

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 10:08 PM
How 'bout now?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=107&pictureid=1322

Good

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 10:11 PM
That's weird. I made it the other day and posted it. But I deleted it from my file and it was still showing up on my screen, so I figured everyone could see it -- even that quote you sent me the picture came up. :huh

I guess Pistons < Spurs didn't see my first attempt at a somewhat photoshop. :depressed

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 10:13 PM
That's weird. I made it the other day and posted it. But I deleted it from my file and it was still showing up on my screen, so I figured everyone could see it -- even that quote you sent me the picture came up. :huh

I guess Pistons < Spurs didn't see my first attempt at a somewhat photoshop. :depressed

I saw it yesterday when you posted it, but I couldn't see it when you asked about it tonight. It was visible at first.

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 10:16 PM
I guess it disappeared after I deleted it from my documents. It's just weird that I was still able to see it. Is it visible in my previous posts now back on the other page?

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 10:22 PM
I guess it disappeared after I deleted it from my documents. It's just weird that I was still able to see it. Is it visible in my previous posts now back on the other page?

Post 94 is blank.

The pic is visible in post 119.

Blackjack
05-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks. :toast

Fabbs
06-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Fabbs

That's what I'm talking about Fabbs. :tu

I know we've got a handful of people here capable of doing that, we just need them to volunteer their services.

Gifs, highlights or whatever other visual media I haven't a clue about, anybody interested or willing?
Captain Picard errr Blackjack,
Have you been able to "make it so"?

Fabbs
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Couple of the fouls Kobe Boi recieved last night that lead to Ray Allen getting 5 fouls in 21 minutes. I mean we already know the answer as to why but still I'd like to see them.

Blackjack
06-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Captain Picard's got his hands full at the moment but hopefully SpursRulez4eVeR or LakerHater will see this and lend a helping hand. I'll send out a distress call and see what I can come up with.