PDA

View Full Version : Splitter and Javtokas

bigfan
05-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Is it possible? They guy is only 30 and I think maybe we should take another stab at trying to bring him over as well as Splitter.

Danny.Zhu
05-15-2010, 10:52 PM
i agree, we can afford both

No, we don't.

Sisk
05-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Javtokas is 6'11 with a 40" vertical. That's unreal

nbaman99
05-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Do we have the rights to him?

Kori Ellis
05-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Javtokas is 6'11 with a 40" vertical. That's unreal

That vertical was years ago, before the accident, right?

Leetonidas
05-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Shit, just to shore up our front line, why not if he'll come over for cheap. Problem is, I don't think he's ever coming over nor would he accept peanuts.

nbaman99
05-16-2010, 12:08 AM
y the hell we still haven't brought this guy over? i guess this is what RC meant when he said we have the rights few other players. I hope we bring him and spitter over this year

Manufan909
05-16-2010, 01:09 AM
That'd be hilarious if the two Spurs big men overseas came at the same time. It would suck for Blair though, unless Pop gave up on small ball and/or reduced Tim's PT to 30>x as well as sitting him for b2bs like he lied about last summer.

Fuck... a frontline of Tim/Blair/Dice/Splitter/Javtokas/Bonner would be scary. There would be a spacer, a stat machine having just turned 21, 3 6"11" guys who play D, one of those 3 being a future HOF, and a crafty vet who is the best Spur to put on Dirk since Bowen. Not to mention Blair/Bonner are the 5th/6th bigs. Would the Spurs have a lack of frontline depth for the next couple years? Fuggedaboutit. If anyone got booted i think it would sadly be Blair. Pop seems taken like him like he was with Manu, so I think he's relatively safe. There would actually be good reasons to lose Dice or Bonner. Hope Pop sees Bonner for the playoff choker he is and puts business above his love for Matty.

I really doubt anyone with the Spurs are pushing for Javtokas, even though I bet he'd still be a highly valuable defender who wouldn't need many touches... Like what Ian could have been if Theo had never been signed. And I believe you're right Kori, but I bet his vertical is still more than enough for him to be an enforcer.

If Bruno checks in on this thread, I'd love to know if Javtokas is getting paid over the LLE atm, or would it be relatively easy to bring him on. Hell, I was a bigger supporter of him last summer, but I forgot his name for a bit. There could be a logjam with the bigs next season even without him, so I don't see the point. Hope Pop sees him as an "experience vet". It doesn't matter if he's dirt cheap, there's no reason to target him unless Splitter backs out again, knocks on wood. Or Dice and Bonner both leave somehow.

phyzik
05-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Javtokas has been a scrub since he decided to be a dumbass on a motorcycle.

No thanks... Let his ass rot in Kill_Bill_Pana's jerk off fest, weak ass, Euro league.

Sisk
05-16-2010, 02:16 AM

Yes, that's from when the Spurs got him, but still that's an unreal vertical for a big man.

robot89
05-16-2010, 02:19 AM
9 or 10 years later...yeah its not happening for javtokas

BronxCowboy
05-16-2010, 07:43 AM
One of these days posters will realize that Javtokas isn't ever going to play in the NBA, and wouldn't help much even if he did. But while we're on the subject, where is Sergei Kauralov these days?

ploto
05-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Javtokas will never play for the Spurs.

stnick2261
05-16-2010, 08:22 AM

Yes, that's from when the Spurs got him, but still that's an unreal vertical for a big man.

After the accident, and after treatment, he recovered well and went on to win several dunk contests. If I remember correctly, we tried bringing him over in the summer of '05 by using the LLE (after a strong showing in the '04 Olympics). The deal fell apart and he went on to play good enough to make several highlight videos, but not good enough for the FO to pay him what he thought he was worth.

He's never coming to the NBA

ploto
05-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Spurs chose Jacque Butler over Javtokas.

MaNu4Tres
05-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Spurs chose Jacque Butler over Javtokas.

Not true.

Spurs offered Javtokas a fair deal between close to 2 million.

Javtokas wanted close to the full MLE.

Spurs then turned away.

tav1
05-16-2010, 09:45 AM
The Javtokas ship has sailed. The international posters can offer the best line on RJ, but it seems like he's been a mediocre player for several years. He had a decent stint of play during the last Olympics, but he's never been that good.

Mahinmi is better than Javtokas.

Muser
05-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Dude is 30 with no NBA experience, so fuck that.

TimDunkem
05-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Dude is 30 with no NBA experience, so fuck that.
Yet people still have hope for him. I don't get it. Do any of these people even think before they type?

cd98
05-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Why can't we just accept that some of our Euro draft picks are flops? We took chances on Euros with late second round draft picks. It's no surprise that some don't work out.

And if the players were NBA material, the Spurs would pay to bring them over. They scout these guys all the time. I trust our front office over a few guys that have never really seen these guys play more than once or twice if that.

MateoNeygro
05-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Why can't we just accept that some of our Euro draft picks are flops? We took chances on Euros with late second round draft picks. It's no surprise that some don't work out.

And if the players were NBA material, the Spurs would pay to bring them over. They scout these guys all the time. I trust our front office over a few guys that have never really seen these guys play more than once or twice if that.

I'm not saying he isn't a bust. However, with Euro's it's harder to track their progress or lack there of. We don't get to see much of them as opposed to say NBDL players. But yeah Javtokas is pretty much never coming here and contributing.

manu the best
05-16-2010, 12:45 PM
.. if we can't bring in splitter this off season .. the spurs should definitely push to bring in javtokas .. tim really needs help on the floor .. and we can't afford to draft a center cause we also need a young 3 .. if splitter and javtokas both can we SPURS next season .. then its a win win ..

nbaman99
05-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Well i recently watch some new clips of him and he looks good and i think his size alone can help us grab some rebounds and block shots. If u all remember a week ago, Suns killed us on that. So, yeah its good to get another 3 point shooter but we also need a big man helping Timmy.

Mal
05-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Javtokas sucks badly

DesignatedT
05-16-2010, 03:13 PM
javtokas is terrible. splitter will be nice

ploto
05-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Not true.

Spurs offered Javtokas a fair deal between close to 2 million.

Javtokas wanted close to the full MLE.

Spurs then turned away.

Sorry- not true. The Spurs signed both Elson and Butler to offer sheets and wanted Javtokas to wait and see what happened. The team in Europe wanted an answer ASAP - Robertas accepted their deal- and he was right because neither team matched the offer sheet and the Spurs ended up with
both Elson and Butler.

stnick2261
05-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Sorry- not true. The Spurs signed both Elson and Butler to offer sheets and wanted Javtokas to wait and see what happened. The team in Europe wanted an answer ASAP - Robertas accepted their deal- and he was right because neither team matched the offer sheet and the Spurs ended up with
both Elson and Butler.

You are talking about the summer of '06.... we are talking about summer of '05

mogrovejo
05-16-2010, 06:01 PM
The Javtokas ship has sailed. The international posters can offer the best line on RJ, but it seems like he's been a mediocre player for several years. He had a decent stint of play during the last Olympics, but he's never been that good.

Mahinmi is better than Javtokas.

I agree, never understood the fascination with Javtokas. He couldn't be better than a 3rd string center/15th man in the NBAand there are dozens of players who can do that job as well or better than him. Overrated due to thunderous dunks.

temujin
05-17-2010, 11:59 AM

Right.

He kept his mediocre shooting, horrible passing and decent rebounding.

He sets picks and hustles.

No thanks.

objective
05-17-2010, 12:31 PM
You are talking about the summer of '06.... we are talking about summer of '05

Not the way I remember things. I remember Javtokas taking a one-year deal in summer of 2005 with Rytas before NBA free agency even began as he was worried about an NBA lockout.

----------

Regardless, Javtokas' game and athleticism has slipped to the point where I don't even think about him ever being a Spur anymore.

It's not surprising, the dude is over 30 and has steel rod holding his leg together. Add in the weight he's added over the years and the stress on his legs just plain limited his prime window. Don't forget that his leg pretty much broke twice, first with the accident and then after the first surgery when the metal plate the Euro doctors used to fix his leg snapped.

scottspurs
05-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Javtokas will never play in the NBA. Splitter will never play in the NBA if he signs another European deal.