PDA

View Full Version : Kobe responds to recent references to Game 7 "tank job" of 2006 playoffs

Donkeybong
05-16-2010, 11:48 AM
After practice Saturday afternoon Kobe was asked about the infamous game 7 against the suns and if he purposely did not shoot to prove something.
The following quotes are his responses.

In the spring of 2006, did you tank the second half of Game 7 of the first-round series against the Phoenix Suns?

"C'mon seriously? People who say that are stupid. That's just stupid. It's outlandish, the amount of irresponsibility people have, throwing out statements like that"

In response to Barkley's rant on Inside the NBA after the game

"Barkley was stupid, he didn't watch the game, lots of people who were critical of me didn't even watch the game"

What went wrong in the game?

"To get back in the game, we needed somebody else to start making shots. I was just trying to get the other guys going, turn the momentum around. I really tried to help everyone else, it just never happened, we missed shots, they got run-outs, three, three, three, and all of the sudden, the game was out of reach. I had been successful doing that before, other guys start making shots, the energy picks up, we get back in the game. But nobody saw those games."

Were you trying to send a message to the FO that you needed help?

"Hell, no. That's not my thought process. I don't think like that. I think about one thing and one thing only, and that's kicking butt. If I'm going to send a message to the front office, I'm going to do it by going up there and raising hell. There is no way I'm going to be doing it on the court, losing a game. That's not who I am. That's just not my nature, you just have to know me."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0516-plaschke-20100516,0,4696700,full.column

Donkeybong
05-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Video of game 7: http://www.youtube.com/user/LotharofHillpeople3#p/c/9C0FCC4305947304/0/j0Ed5IpSvhE

djohn2oo8
05-16-2010, 12:19 PM

"Hell, no. That's not my thought process. I don't think like that. I think about one thing and one thing only, and that's kicking butt. If I'm going to send a message to the front office, I'm going to do it by going up there and raising hell. There is no way I'm going to be doing it on the court, losing a game. That's not who I am. That's just not my nature, you just have to know me."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0516-plaschke-20100516,0,4696700,full.column

gyIGaKTvBVY

Leetonidas
05-16-2010, 12:20 PM
So he was trying and he still got beatdown? Guess he sucks worse than I thought. :rolleyes

Cuppycake Gumdrop
05-16-2010, 12:27 PM
"To get back in the game, we needed somebody else to start making shots. I was just trying to get the other guys going, turn the momentum around. I really tried to help everyone else

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

when the fuck has that ever been Kobe's mindset? To win a game by have other people make shots?

Especially in 2006 when he was dropping 81 on Toronto and redefining the word "sefish" with each passing game. He was all about getting his shots and taking it upon himself to win games ALL SEASON LONG and then suddenly in the 4th quarter of a game 7 he radically shifts his philosophy to the polar opposite?

Kobe is so full of shit.

milkshakeballa
05-16-2010, 12:39 PM

when the fuck has that ever been Kobe's mindset? To win a game by have other people make shots?

Especially in 2006 when he was dropping 81 on Toronto and redefining the word "sefish" with each passing game. He was all about getting his shots and taking it upon himself to win games ALL SEASON LONG and then suddenly in the 4th quarter of a game 7 he radically shifts his philosophy to the polar opposite?

Kobe is so full of shit.

Phil changed his mind going into that series dip shit. Kobe was putting up 40+ points on the Suns each game in the regular season and they lost every game.

Kobe played balanced ball in that playoff series.

If you can't see Kobe didn't change his game from regular season to that series against the Suns you are in the KBP league of idiots.

mojorizen7
05-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Only a SUNS team led by D'Umbtoni could be nearly eliminated then taken to 7 gms by that garbage '06 LAKERS team. Fucking miracle we beat the CLIPZ in the semi's.

No coincidence that Pringles is in NY and this team's back in the WCF w/a legit chance to sniff the title.

BUMP
05-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Watching that video brings back so many memories of how bad those Lakers were

:lol Kwame Brown

Fabbs
05-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Phil changed his mind going into that series dip shit. Kobe was putting up 40+ points on the Suns each game in the regular season and they lost every game.

If you can't see Kobe didn't change his game from regular season to that series against the Suns you are in the KBP league of idiots.
What an absolute liar you are.
Kobme took by far the most shots for the Lakers thru the 1st 6 games.
Including 35 shots in Gm 6.

milkshakeballa
05-16-2010, 01:10 PM
What an absolute liar you are.
Kobme took by far the most shots for the Lakers thru the 1st 6 games.
Including 35 shots in Gm 6.

Reading comprehension dumb fuck.

Fabbs
05-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Comprehended your entire post, jellyfish.

Giuseppe
05-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Milky is right here, Fabbs, you are a dumb fuck.

Cane
05-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Kobe did something similar in the OKC series where he didn't shoot at all in the first quarter. :sleep

Giuseppe
05-16-2010, 01:21 PM
But, then he saw the light, took Westbrook by the nape and shoved him in a hole.

Fabbs
05-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Kobe's 43 beats Suns, puts Lakers in playoffs
LA 109 Phx 89 in a game the next to the last reg season game that the Lakers had to have to make the playoffs.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260416013

MiamiHeat
05-16-2010, 02:11 PM
hahahaha

4 years later when he has a stacked team, now bryant wants to talk about it?

what a front running faggot.

no surprise. moving along. will be happy when this failure of a human being is out of the nba

Giuseppe
05-16-2010, 02:23 PM
hahahaha

4 years later when he has a stacked team, now bryant wants to talk about it?

Well, they shoulda asked him about it on the eve of the Lakers/Magic last June. Perhaps it woulda put a stopper in the bottle at Number 14. Eh?

tee, hee.

Roddy Beaubois
05-16-2010, 02:27 PM

Kobe is so full of shit.

+1 :lol

SASPURS09
05-16-2010, 02:33 PM
kinda like leBron tanking game 5 this year.

TheMACHINE
05-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Smush Parker
Kobe Bryant
Luke Walton
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown

#7 seed going to game 7 against #2 seed
Not bad. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

TheMACHINE
05-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Kobe did something similar in the OKC series where he didn't shoot at all in the first quarter. :sleep

yup and he did the same thing in game 5 and they blewout OKC.

lefty
05-16-2010, 03:22 PM
What a fucking quitter

TheMACHINE
05-16-2010, 03:22 PM
What a fucking quitter

quitting? go back fishing while kobe keeps playing for another championship.

lefty
05-16-2010, 03:24 PM
quitting? go back fishing while kobe keeps playing for another championship.
Maybe Barkley didn't watch the game, but most of us did, and Kobe quit

TheMACHINE
05-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Maybe Barkley didn't watch the game, but most of us did, and Kobe quit

aww poor kobe..what a quitter...wahhh

lefty
05-16-2010, 03:26 PM
aww poor kobe..what a quitter...wahhh
Exactly

lefty
05-16-2010, 03:27 PM
great defense of Kobe. You really proved he didn't quit in that game 7 :jack
Don't argue with bandwagon Laker fans

They are new to this

TheMACHINE
05-16-2010, 03:28 PM
great defense of Kobe. You really proved he didn't quit in that game 7 :jack

is it my job to defend him?

lefty
05-16-2010, 03:29 PM
apparently the Spurs getting swept = Kobe didn't tank game 7 in 2006 :lol
:lmao

TheMACHINE
05-16-2010, 03:32 PM
then why did you respond? something to do while chewing?

awww...are you hurt by something i said? I hope you arnt going to start crying.

H6Q0xebrhfo

TheMACHINE
05-16-2010, 03:33 PM
then why did you respond? something to do while chewing?

am i not allowed to respond?

Biggems
05-16-2010, 04:55 PM
didnt Kobe only take like 1 shot in the 4th quarter? if so, that is pathetic....he isnt Chris Mihm.....he is Kobe Bryant. I can see trying to get teammates involved, but when they arent getting the job done, it is time to be a little selfish.

Didn't Kobe do this 2 years in a row vs the Suns in the decisive game of their playoff series?

21_Dickings
05-16-2010, 05:09 PM
:lmao two replies to the same post. what's the matter, you got done posting and then needed a minute to swallow and recollect your thoughts to come up with another one of your sick burns? :jack

LOL. What a faggot.

hitmanyr2k
05-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Cmon, everyone knows he quit. Of course Kobe isn't gonna admit to it :lol

Trying to get everyone involved my ass. Kobe wasn't driving and kicking it out. He wasn't trying to post up and draw the defense so he could find shooters or cutters to the rim. For the mostpart he was standing at the 3 point line like a statue just harmlessly tossing the ball around. Dude wasn't even cutting to the rim.

And while Kobe wasn't taking any shots during the 2nd half was he trying to do anything else to help his team win the game? How about defense? Nope, that part of his game was non-existent. How about hitting the boards? Nope. Show any hustle whatsoever? Nah. Dude was just out there....doing nothing.

Giuseppe
05-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Bryant quit. I got no problem admitting it. We have to eat that shit sandwich forever.

Kobe needed to end that series upright & clean, then go after Buss with hammer & tong. Bryant failed there.

SomeCallMeTim
05-16-2010, 06:59 PM

Yep, I can attest to this. The Lakers played really well in the 1st four games in large part because they had a balanced attack... led a lot of Game 1 but finally ran out of gas and succumbed to lose it. Then took Game 2 in Phoenix as well as the next 2 in LA. It required guys like Odom and Walton stepping up and they did (especially Lamar, he played great).

Kobe did have the most shots in the series, but it was clearly the plan to more evenly distribute the ball... In the first four games, Kobe had the most shots twice, Lamar twice.

Phoenix finally woke up an realized they were a much better team... and LA still was one missed rebound away from knocking them off.

As to Kobe quitting on the team... sure looked to me like he did in the 4th quarter of Game 7. I am willing to give him something of the benefit of the doubt and I think it is possible that it may have been his strange way of stubbornly following the game plan all the way to the bitter end, not so much to prove a point, but in a futile effort to actually turn things around the way they were able to do so in Games 1-4.

I actually don't think he's lying with his explanation that he gave over the weekend. Whether he's telling the truth or he's rationalized himself into believing that is the question.

crc21209
05-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Smush Parker
Kobe Bryant
Luke Walton
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown

#7 seed going to game 7 against #2 seed
Not bad. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Up 3-1....Chokejob...

Biggems
05-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Bryant quit. I got no problem admitting it. We have to eat that shit sandwich forever.

Kobe needed to end that series upright & clean, then go after Buss with hammer & tong. Bryant failed there.

as a fan, dont you just hate in when your team or player quits...i mean, i dont like the losing, but i can live with it, when the effort to win is there....but to just lay down and take the beating pisses me off.

hell, even if it isnt my team, i hate when teams quit. i mean the fans pay a shitload of money to support those teams and players and deserve effort in return.

I know this thread is about Kobe, but the way the Cavs just laid down in the final minute of game 6 last week made me want to puke. I was hoping the Cavs would lose, but to just accept vacation before the final second runs off is lame.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Up 3-1....Chokejob...

In defense of Kobe Bennett Salvadore was the only reason LA had a 3-1 lead. Calling that Luke Walton/Nash thing a jump ball was one of the worst missed calls I've ever seen in the NBA.

Giuseppe
05-16-2010, 09:08 PM
I know this thread is about Kobe, but the way the Cavs just laid down in the final minute of game 6 last week made me want to puke. I was hoping the Cavs would lose, but to just accept vacation before the final second runs off is lame.

But, what Kobe did was a calculated act of pettiness and spite. His mind was clear and resolute make no mistake.

The Cavs in Game Six were beaten spiritually, they're minds broke for a myriad of reasons, most will never know of. Is that an excuse? No, it's a reason.

Kobe was broken spiritually in Colorado and has never recovered and never will. His heart is painted black, his mind seared in regret as his contentment is lost forever.

TheMACHINE
05-16-2010, 09:59 PM
:lmao two replies to the same post. what's the matter, you got done posting and then needed a minute to swallow and recollect your thoughts to come up with another one of your sick burns? :jack

and once again...why am i supposed to be defending Kobe Bryant? Why do you feel that you have to pick a fight with me when i clearly dont feel the need to defend if Kobe quit or not.

You keep posting the same shit and i aint biting. so just GTFO and stop crying....but the again, you're Anthony Randolph, you're known for looking like a crying bitch.

Baseline
05-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Bryant just made the point himself - he doesn't make his teammates better. He doesn't even have a clue how to make his teammates better.

What he really means is, "Make my teammates better? My mind doesn't work like that. You have to know me. I'm great, which is obvious. They suck. End of story."

namlook
05-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Watching that video brings back so many memories of how bad those Lakers were

:lol Kwame Brown

No shit. They were a joke.

Four of their top 6 players in minutes played:

Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Smush Parker
Brian Cook

Look at those four players and you can see what a joke that team was. It's unbelievable they took the Suns to 7 games with a roster like that.

mojorizen7
05-16-2010, 11:18 PM
No shit. They were a joke.

Four of their top 6 players in minutes played:

Kwame Brown
Chris Mihm
Smush Parker
Brian Cook

Look at those four players and you can see what a joke that team was. It's unbelievable they took the Suns to 7 games with a roster like that.

Not really...
26-25 career playoff record
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0510/nba_g_dantoni_580.jpg

Killakobe81
05-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Who cares? i thionk he did quit a bit he says he didnt ...WGF?

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Bryant just made the point himself - he doesn't make his teammates better. He doesn't even have a clue how to make his teammates better.

And never has. Quality players transend Kobe though, Daddy/Shaw/Harper---Gasol/Fisher.

pauls931
05-17-2010, 08:34 AM
I remember watching that game thinking 'WTF!? I hope Kobe keeps passing up shots and doesn't look to score'. He quit to make a point to management to get help. *poof* Gasol shows up and he's happy. It's like when you get stuck on shitty team playing pickup and you know no matter how hard you play, you're going to lose. So why try? Well Kobe gets paid millions and we don't...

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 08:37 AM
The only mistake Kobe made was quitting. He had/has every right to go after Buss and make him toe the f'in line. That's the way it's been for like 30+ years now. The inmates have been running the asylum.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Oh, and Paul, are you still picking my Lakers tonite?

admiralsnackbar
05-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Video of game 7: http://www.youtube.com/user/LotharofHillpeople3#p/c/9C0FCC4305947304/0/j0Ed5IpSvhE

Of the first quarter which nobody is talking about.

da_suns_fan
05-17-2010, 10:58 AM
I wish I could have interviewed Kobe.

"I saw the game. I saw it. You stopped driving. You stopped attacking. You stopped defending. You stopped penetrating. Throwing the ball to a teammate as soon as you get it isnt 'getting your teammates involved'. Its called 'mailing it in'.

You quit, asshole. Deal with it."

picc84
05-17-2010, 12:03 PM
He quit. He went on a scoring craze in the first half and they were still getting blown out. Then he goes into the locker room, sees who he's going into the second half with, and just said fuck it. Kobe does that quiet seethe, when he seems like he's cool but you can tell he's pissed off. I saw his face all nonchalant in the second half, passing the ball off at the three-line, and knew dude was heated.

I don't think he thought there was any way they were going to win that game. He knew he could score and it wouldn't do anything. He knew he could try to playmake and it still wouldn't matter.

They couldnt stop the Suns from scoring no matter what. Thats what broke him.

So he took the excuse of "Phil told me to get everyone involved" afterward.

That was the first time i'd seen Kobe's face in a game where he looked like he didnt think there was a chance to win. Which was unnerving coming from someone who i'd known to fight tooth and nail for everything no matter what.

I think the weight of the entire year came down on him. And he gave up.

I think the same thing happened to Lebron in game 5. All that pressure with little reward gets to you.

Fabbs
05-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by milkshakeballess

Yep, I can attest to this.
Kobe did have the most shots in the series, but it was clearly the plan to more evenly distribute the ball... In the first four games, Kobe had the most shots twice, Lamar twice.

As to Kobe quitting on the team... sure looked to me like he did in the 4th quarter of Game 7. I am willing to give him something of the benefit of the doubt and I think it is possible that it may have been his strange way of stubbornly following the game plan all the way to the bitter end, not so much to prove a point, but in a futile effort to actually turn things around the way they were able to do so in Games 1-4.

I actually don't think he's lying with his explanation that he gave over the weekend. Whether he's telling the truth or he's rationalized himself into believing that is the question.
Laker shot attempt leaders
Gm 1 Kobme 21 Walton 16
Gm 2 Kobme 24 Odom 12
Gm 3 Walton 19 Kobme 18
Gm 4 Odom 16 Kobme 14
Gm 5 Kobme 17 Odom 14
Gm 6 Kobme 35 Odom 14
Kobme 132 2nd place combined 88
and yet you're trying to say Komes motive was to suddenly follow some new game change plan in Gm 7? When he still ended up taking the most shots.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 01:42 PM
I wish I could have interviewed Nash.

"I saw the game. I saw it. You stopped driving. You stopped attacking. You stopped defending. You stopped penetrating. Throwing the ball to a teammate as soon as you get it isnt 'getting your teammates involved'. Its called 'mailing it in'.

There, Kobe quit. He quit on his team, didn't finish the game, humiliated himself and his team. Then Kobe went after Buss.

Nash did too. He quit on Porter, got him fired, humiliated him and his team. Then Nash went after Sarver.

da_suns_fan
05-17-2010, 01:44 PM
There, Kobe quit. He quit on his team, didn't finish the game, humiliated himself and his team. Then Kobe went after Buss.

Nash did too. He quit on Porter, got him fired, humiliated him and his team. Then Nash went after Sarver.

Nash didnt ask to be traded when things got tough the way Kobe did.

That was my reason number one (of five) of why Kobe Bryant is a giant douche.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 01:46 PM
I wish I could have interviewed Rodman.

"I saw the game. I saw it. You stopped rebounding. You stopped attacking. You stopped defending. You stopped rebounding. Throwing the ball to a teammate as soon as you get it isnt 'getting your teammates involved'. Its called 'mailing it in'.

Rodman quit too. Told Robinson to take his fuckin' Bible, shove up his ass and rebound by himself.

See, your guy quit too, in the playoffs.

Stings, don't it?

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Nash didnt ask to be traded when things got tough the way Kobe did.

That was my reason number one (of five) of why Kobe Bryant is a giant douche.

No, da, it's the same. Your guy out & out quit for a number of games. Games that could have been won had he tried, then perhaps you could have made the playoffs and contended for an NBA World Championship. But, no, like Kobe--Nash wanted his fuckin' way and nobody (like nobody could stop Kobe) could stop Nash from humiliating Porter and getting him fired.

Hell, worked out well for my guy (15th), and it's working well for your guy too (WCFs appearance). Do the ends justify the means, da?

Stings, don't it?

da_suns_fan
05-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Rodman quit too. Told Robinson to take his fuckin' Bible, shove up his ass and rebound by himself.

See, your guy quit too, in the playoffs.

Stings, don't it?

????

Im not da_spurs_fan.

Rodman was a head case just like the Kobe-ster.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 01:59 PM
????

Im not da_spurs_fan.

Rodman was a head case just like the Kobe-ster.

Rodman ain't for you, da, it's for Spurs fellows. I was just using your shit because it was germane.

And Nash is a head case himself. He's white though, so he get's an institutionalize {by your leave.} for his sin. I understand that. Kobe understands it too, I'll bet. Rodman, he don't give a shit.

You fucks ain't shovin' Kobe into the crap hole here by himself. He'll go there, but, by God Nash and Rodman are going too.

And that's just the way it's going to be.

da, this ain't Sose's Joint where you go in, close and lock the door and moon old Cubby thru the picture window.

Uh, uh.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 02:00 PM

That quitting was justified. Robinson had no business telling Rodman how to live his life. Rodman did the right thing quitting on that bible thumping faggot's best shot at winning as the alpha dog.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Robinson shoulda worried less about Rodman's night life and worried more about getting bukkaked by Olajuwon.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 02:04 PM
That quitting was justified. Robinson had no business telling Rodman how to live his life. Rodman did the right thing quitting on that bible thumping faggot's best shot at winning as the alpha dog.

Horseshit! Quitting is never justified. Be it Kobe, Nash, or, Rodman. Rodman should have finished the game, then went after Robinson hammer & tong. Kobe should have finished the game and went after Buss hammer & tong. Nash should have finished the season and went after Sarver hammer & tong.

Kobe was wrong. No defense. Wrong.

And your people were wrong too.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Horseshit! Quitting is never justified. Be it Kobe, Nash, or, Rodman. Rodman should have finished the game, then went after Robinson hammer & tong. Kobe should have finished the game and went after Buss hammer & tong. Nash should have finished the season and went after Sarver hammer & tong.

Kobe was wrong. No defense. Wrong.

And your people were wrong too.

Nash and Kobe were wrong. Rodman was a different story in my book. Just my opinion. Nash and Kobe were not wronged in any way. Rodman signed a contract to play basketball and was told to change his personal life, Robinson had no business doing that, but in your face Christians are generally shitball human beings so it's no surprise.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 02:11 PM
There is no finer bedrock than Christianity.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Christianity and in your face Christianity are two different things. If you wanna be a Christian fine but I really don't give a shit and don't care to hear about why I should be one.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 02:16 PM
But, it's ok to have the Jewish religion shoved in our mugs each day. Can't say anything about them because they stood silent while 6 million of their brothers got shoved in a hole.

Clinton/Reno/Holder shoved over a hundred Christians in a Texas hole and looked what happened:::McVeigh grabbed a calendar, headed on up to OKC, & squared it all with the house.

da_suns_fan
05-17-2010, 02:18 PM
No, da, it's the same. Your guy out & out quit for a number of games. Games that could have been won had he tried, then perhaps you could have made the playoffs and contended for an NBA World Championship. But, no, like Kobe--Nash wanted his fuckin' way and nobody (like nobody could stop Kobe) could stop Nash from humiliating Porter and getting him fired.

Hell, worked out well for my guy (15th), and it's working well for your guy too (WCFs appearance). Do the ends justify the means, da?

Stings, don't it?

You might have had me until that spot.

Porter humiliated himself. I have no idea what he said in that interview with Steve Kerr to make Kerr believe he could coach any type of team at any level. As if someone who cant put two sentences together can somehow motivate, organize and discipline professional athletes over an 82 game season.

I mean, it was obvious that this guy was.....SLOW. I heard some of his interviews and thought "Holy shit...hes an idiot. I mean he's LITERALLY an idiot. Like how my floozie aunt is an idiot. How President Bush is an idiot. This guy is an idiot! They hired an idiot to be the coach!"

I started a poll on phxsuns.net after the first week asking what people thought of him so far. I was the only one to vote "Ive seen enough, give him the axe". I couldnt believe so many people were waiting to reserve judgement. I thought "Didnt anyone else think it was strange that he refused to make a single substitution for the entire third quarter? Its as if he forgot that it was part of his job!" And then there was all of the humiliating gaffes:

"Azubuke doesnt normally make those". The leagues leading three point shooter doesnt normally make three pointers? Fucking Idiot!!

By mid season, EVERYONE wanted him gone. I get riled up and pissed off at Kerr for being such a dumbass for firing him sooner! What coach gets fired half way through his first season? Think about how poorly he must have done to make all the players, his coaching staff, the fans, his boss etc want him gone after half a season?

I dont even care about what Nash did or didnt do. Terry Porter was so not cut out to be a coach I felt bad for him at times. He was the worst coach Ive ever seen for the Suns. Frank Johnson sucked, D'Anotni was a one-trick pony, but Porter was so much worse than those two.

I hope the guy can be successful in life but I would strongly discourage any team from giving him any type of front office or coaching position with any real responsibility. I wouldnt trust that guy with a pair of scissors, to be honest.

da_suns_fan
05-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Rodman ain't for you, da, it's for Spurs fellows. I was just using your shit because it was germane.

And Nash is a head case himself. He's white though, so he get's an institutionalize {by your leave.} for his sin. I understand that. Kobe understands it too, I'll bet. Rodman, he don't give a shit.

You fucks ain't shovin' Kobe into the crap hole here by himself. He'll go there, but, by God Nash and Rodman are going too.

And that's just the way it's going to be.

da, this ain't Sose's Joint where you go in, close and lock the door and moon old Cubby thru the picture window.

Uh, uh.

:lol:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 02:23 PM
But, it's ok to have the Jewish religion shoved in our mugs each day.

Yeah um, it never is. Jews don't tell people they're going to hell for not being Jewish, that's a thing Christians coined.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 02:28 PM
:lol:lol

:lol You secret hand shakin' cocknockers, you.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 02:34 PM
You might have had me until that spot.

Porter humiliated himself. I have no idea what he said in that interview with Steve Kerr to make Kerr believe he could coach any type of team at any level. As if someone who cant put two sentences together can somehow motivate, organize and discipline professional athletes over an 82 game season.

I mean, it was obvious that this guy was.....SLOW. I heard some of his interviews and thought "Holy shit...hes an idiot. I mean he's LITERALLY an idiot. Like how my floozie aunt is an idiot. How President Bush is an idiot. This guy is an idiot! They hired an idiot to be the coach!"

I started a poll on phxsuns.net after the first week asking what people thought of him so far. I was the only one to vote "Ive seen enough, give him the axe". I couldnt believe so many people were waiting to reserve judgement. I thought "Didnt anyone else think it was strange that he refused to make a single substitution for the entire third quarter? Its as if he forgot that it was part of his job!" And then there was all of the humiliating gaffes:

"Azubuke doesnt normally make those". The leagues leading three point shooter doesnt normally make three pointers? Fucking Idiot!!

By mid season, EVERYONE wanted him gone. I get riled up and pissed off at Kerr for being such a dumbass for firing him sooner! What coach gets fired half way through his first season? Think about how poorly he must have done to make all the players, his coaching staff, the fans, his boss etc want him gone after half a season?

I dont even care about what Nash did or didnt do. Terry Porter was so not cut out to be a coach I felt bad for him at times. He was the worst coach Ive ever seen for the Suns. Frank Johnson sucked, D'Anotni was a one-trick pony, but Porter was so much worse than those two.

I hope the guy can be successful in life but I would strongly discourage any team from giving him any type of front office or coaching position with any real responsibility. I wouldnt trust that guy with a pair of scissors, to be honest.

You're making excuses for Nash's disgraceful behavior. I make no excuse for what Kobe did, and you'd be advised to do likewise with Nash. We can still support our fellows & teams no matter their trespass, and, their lack of acknowledgement and remorse. Nash is like the tree falling in the forest, nobody heard it. Kobe though, everybody heard his balloon knot give way. And I'm a shit for finding solace in Nash's sin, and Rodman's sin, just as you and the fellows here are a shit for finding joy in Kobe's sin.

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Yeah um, it never is. Jews don't tell people they're going to hell for not being Jewish, that's a thing Christians coined.

get off your moral high-horse you racist bastard

"spaniards and arabs are the 2 lowest forms of shit on earth"

"i don't like hispanic chicks they're stupid as hell and have annoying voices"

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 02:43 PM
....But, sometimes that voice when you're at the moment of crisis can spur a few more drops of the essence.

tee, hee.

da_suns_fan
05-17-2010, 04:05 PM
You're making excuses for Nash's disgraceful behavior. I make no excuse for what Kobe did, and you'd be advised to do likewise with Nash. We can still support our fellows & teams no matter their trespass, and, their lack of acknowledgement and remorse. Nash is like the tree falling in the forest, nobody heard it. Kobe though, everybody heard his balloon knot give way. And I'm a shit for finding solace in Nash's sin, and Rodman's sin, just as you and the fellows here are a shit for finding joy in Kobe's sin.

Nonsense.

No matter what the circumstance, i just cant see Nash coming out for the second half of a game 7 and basically not trying, even if they were down by 15. I cant see him not encouraging his teammates to keep playing hard etc.

And Nash was in a similar situation last summer that Kobe was in 07. Kobe asked to be traded. Nash asked for an extension. Nash wanted to "finish what they started", Kobe wanted his fans "to go out and buy Bulls jerseys".

Thats right Laker fans, Kobe doesnt give a shit about the Lakers, LA or especially YOU.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Nonsense.

No matter what the circumstance, i just cant see Nash coming out for the second half of a game 7 and basically not trying, even if they were down by 15. I cant see him not encouraging his teammates to keep playing hard etc.

And Nash was in a similar situation last summer that Kobe was in 07. Kobe asked to be traded. Nash asked for an extension. Nash wanted to "finish what they started", Kobe wanted his fans "to go out and buy Bulls jerseys".

Thats right Laker fans, Kobe doesnt give a shit about the Lakers, LA or especially YOU.

Uh, uh, we'll go round & round on this shit....Nash quit for a span of games, poured poison (not encouraging, huh?) into Bell's ear till he became insubordinate and they had to ship his ass out. Nope, your boy is just as guilty, da, and you know it.

da_suns_fan
05-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Uh, uh, we'll go round & round on this shit....Nash quit for a span of games, poured poison (not encouraging, huh?) into Bell's ear till he became insubordinate and they had to ship his ass out. Nope, your boy is just as guilty, da, and you know it.

:lol

A real Lady MacBeth, that Steve Nash. Or maybe hes the creepy old guy in "Needful things".

So are you accusing Nash of making Raja do his dirty work for him or did Nash not like Raja so much that he poisoned Raja's head with thoughts that he knew would eventually lead to Raja being traded?

SomeCallMeTim
05-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Laker shot attempt leaders
Gm 1 Kobme 21 Walton 16
Gm 2 Kobme 24 Odom 12
Gm 3 Walton 19 Kobme 18
Gm 4 Odom 16 Kobme 14
Gm 5 Kobme 17 Odom 14
Gm 6 Kobme 35 Odom 14
Kobme 132 2nd place combined 88
and yet you're trying to say Komes motive was to suddenly follow some new game change plan in Gm 7? When he still ended up taking the most shots.

And your point is...?

Kobe's shots as a percentage of total team FGA were significantly down in that series. He took about 33% of the teams FGA for the season -- and he missed two games. For the series, he shot 25% of the team's FGA.

What about this is hard to recognize and/or accept?

Kobe played a much more balanced game through that whole series and that's a big reason why they almost knocked off Phoenix... Odom stepping up was another huge reason.

The 35-shot game was the outlier for the series and Kobe went for 50 pts on 67% TS%. You'll have to bend yourself into quite the statistical knot to try to make that out to be a bad thing. Lakers lost that game because they couldn't stop the Suns on the defensive end, not because Kobe was pouring in points at a historic clip.

da_suns_fan
05-17-2010, 04:31 PM
And your point is...?

Kobe's shots as a percentage of total team FGA were significantly down in that series. He took about 33% of the teams FGA for the season -- and he missed two games. For the series, he shot 25% of the team's FGA.

What about this is hard to recognize and/or accept?

Kobe played a much more balanced game through that whole series and that's a big reason why they almost knocked off Phoenix... Odom stepping up was another huge reason.

The 35-shot game was the outlier for the series and Kobe went for 50 pts on 67% TS%. You'll have to bend yourself into quite the statistical knot to try to make that out to be a bad thing. Lakers lost that game because they couldn't stop the Suns on the defensive end, not because Kobe was pouring in points at a historic clip.

Who gives a shit how many shots he took that game 7? If you watched the game, you would have seen when he came out for the second half he didnt try to penetrate and dish to open teammates, play aggressive defense, try to be a leader etc.

IIRC, he had zero assists in the second half.

He didnt do ANYTHING. He mailed it in because he realized his team just blew a 3-1 lead and he was pissed. That reporter should have had some balls when Kobe said "Cmon man!"

I would have said "Make no mistake about it, you QUIT. You will be asked about this the rest of your life because anyone who saw the game KNOWS you quit. Some speculate you were making it a point to quit to show what crappy teammates you had. You better get a better attitude about it, say you were going through a rough time or you were just so demoralized from blowing the series lead etc and it wasnt your best moment and you regret it blah blah. But dont tell me youre insulted by the question when everyone knows you quit."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 04:38 PM
get off your moral high-horse you racist bastard

"spaniards and arabs are the 2 lowest forms of shit on earth"

"i don't like hispanic chicks they're stupid as hell and have annoying voices"

damn you're still pissed about that earlier conversation :lol

I don't pretend to be some morally sound, perfect human being, but I sure as hell am not some phony fuck like David Robinson who goes around acting like he knows who's going to heaven or hell.

da_suns_fan
05-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Recent TJ Simers (LA Times) article:

I'm also talking about e-mailers like Vibhav Mittal, who wrote this week: "You cannot argue with the fact that Kobe has a focus that puts Michael Jordan to shame."

Or this from Judge Kelvin D. Filer: "LeBron's no Kobe," and "Interesting to watch LeBron 'disappear' in that critical playoff game …can you imagine if Kobe had a game like that?"

Amnesia in sports is such a wonderful thing.

Not one mention from anyone this week, as if it never happened, Kobe Bryant, the greatest closer in the game taking three shots and scoring only one point on a technical free throw in the second half of the seventh game of a playoff series with Phoenix in 2006.

Can you imagine great players like LeBron, Michael or Magic having a close-out game like that?

Kobe scored 50 points in Game 6 against the Suns, 23 in the first half of Game 7, but then someone in the Lakers locker room suggested at halftime that everyone needed to get more involved for the Lakers to be successful.

And so Kobe went out of his way to make that happen, declining to make any move for the basket, but making some wonderful passes to his teammates who couldn't score.

The NBA ticker back then called it a "puzzling disappearing act, Bryant deferring to his teammates in the second half."

What a team player, though, as we all know now.

I'd like to be the first to say I don't think there's any way Kobe tanks again in Phoenix.

He probably got that out of his system in Oklahoma City a few weeks back in Game 4 after Phil Jackson criticized some of his shots taken in Game 3.

He tanked in Phoenix only to demonstrate the Lakers couldn't win without better players.

Some people think LeBron did almost the same thing in Game 5, shutting it down because his teammates were letting him down.

Kobe was 27 when he tanked, though, and no one even remembers it here five years later, or finds it odd that such a great competitor would do such a thing to prove a point.

LeBron is 25, and as much damage as he's done to his own reputation this week with ridiculous comments and an early exit from the playoffs, five years from now no one will probably give it a thought, while referring to him as the game's greatest closer..

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 04:54 PM
damn you're still pissed about that earlier conversation :lol

I don't pretend to be some morally sound, perfect human being, but I sure as hell am not some phony fuck like David Robinson who goes around acting like he knows who's going to heaven or hell.

pointing the finger at christians when you fit the mold of a typical racist jew is just ironic scrah

so you're better than david robinson and these so called christians who try to impose their beliefs upon others, when your very own beliefs consist of looking down on certain races of people. nice.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 07:12 PM
So are you accusing Nash of making Raja do his dirty work for him

Yes.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Eh Raja did plenty on his own Cubby. He acted more immature and selfish than anyone else during the whole Porter thing.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 07:15 PM
IIRC, he had zero assists in the second half.

He didnt do ANYTHING. He mailed it in because he realized if sabotaged the team they'd fire Porter and he was pissed. That reporter should have had some balls when Nash got said "Cmon man!"

I would have said "Make no mistake about it, you QUIT. You will be asked about this the rest of your life because anyone who saw these games KNOWS you quit. Some speculate you were making it a point to quit to show what a crappy coach you had. You better get a better attitude about it, say you were going through a rough time or you were just so demoralized from having Porter as your coach etc and it wasnt your best moment and you regret it blah blah. But dont tell me youre insulted by the question when everyone knows you quit."

Nash quit too.

Giuseppe
05-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Eh Raja did plenty on his own Cubby. He acted more immature and selfish than anyone else during the whole Porter thing.

Nash was the instigator and he's here right now, so he's gonna be held to accounts.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Nash was the instigator and he's here right now, so he's gonna be held to accounts.

You're probably right but Raja is his own person. He chose to go along with it and quit just like Nash did, albeit make it a lot more obvious.

BadOdor
05-17-2010, 07:52 PM
pointing the finger at christians when you fit the mold of a typical racist jew is just ironic scrah

so you're better than david robinson and these so called christians who try to impose their beliefs upon others, when your very own beliefs consist of looking down on certain races of people. nice.

Don't you be talking shit to my jewish brother DoK, you fat beaner. Jews>Christians>sand jockeys imho.

Michael Jordan.
03-20-2014, 12:57 AM
After practice Saturday afternoon Kobe was asked about the infamous game 7 against the suns and if he purposely did not shoot to prove something.
The following quotes are his responses.

In the spring of 2006, did you tank the second half of Game 7 of the first-round series against the Phoenix Suns?

"C'mon seriously? People who say that are stupid. That's just stupid. It's outlandish, the amount of irresponsibility people have, throwing out statements like that"

In response to Barkley's rant on Inside the NBA after the game

"Barkley was stupid, he didn't watch the game, lots of people who were critical of me didn't even watch the game"

What went wrong in the game?

"To get back in the game, we needed somebody else to start making shots. I was just trying to get the other guys going, turn the momentum around. I really tried to help everyone else, it just never happened, we missed shots, they got run-outs, three, three, three, and all of the sudden, the game was out of reach. I had been successful doing that before, other guys start making shots, the energy picks up, we get back in the game. But nobody saw those games."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kUXK6azldF0/UE5YveZFI7I/AAAAAAAACy8/xBXs1gccHFA/s1600/crazy-laughter.jpg

UZER
03-20-2014, 09:50 AM
Kobe rewriting history.

lefty
03-20-2014, 10:29 AM
http://media3.giphy.com/media/NOinq0ZAuwkgM/giphy.gif

Banzai
03-20-2014, 12:57 PM
damn 7 years ago...WTF

spurraider21
03-20-2014, 05:10 PM

But, what Kobe did was a calculated act of pettiness and spite. His mind was clear and resolute make no mistake.

The Cavs in Game Six were beaten spiritually, they're minds broke for a myriad of reasons, most will never know of. Is that an excuse? No, it's a reason.

Kobe was broken spiritually in Colorado and has never recovered and never will. His heart is painted black, his mind seared in regret as his contentment is lost forever.

And never has. Quality players transend Kobe though, Daddy/Shaw/Harper---Gasol/Fisher.

The only mistake Kobe made was quitting. He had/has every right to go after Buss and make him toe the f'in line. That's the way it's been for like 30+ years now. The inmates have been running the asylum.

giuseppe with the goods :wow