PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Silver Stars

manufan4life
05-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Ok, So i know not alot of people like WNBA on this board, but i had to post becuase i noticed alot of simulars thngs between the stars and spurs.
both retooled their rosters, stars getting 6 new players, and their center staying overseas. new coach sandy does not call timeouts much like pop who lets them play thru it. but the biggest they were down 16 to the dream, and mounted a comeback but fell short. exactly the spurs style this prevous season

how do you think the stars will do this season?

TwAnKiEs
05-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Haven't followed them much, but I am planning to go see them this year. Hope I can get my daughter into it.. she likes the Spurs so this will be good :toast

DMX7
05-16-2010, 10:16 PM
when is Jayne going to play?

SpursTillTheEnd
05-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Lawson-wade is a ball hog and i only watched like 10 minutes and it look like she took every shot and missed bad on a lot of them

manufan4life
05-16-2010, 11:41 PM
jayne will be back soon hopefully, but i agree about edwige

Silver_Stars_Nation
05-17-2010, 09:17 AM
jayne will be back soon hopefully, but i agree about edwige

Jayne has a stress fracture and will be out a bit longer. She just got back on the treadmill and got the boot off last week. She had an MRI last Friday so hopefully she will start practicing with the team soon.

And Edy is really not a ball hog, she is more of a true passing PG but can hit the three consistantly. I think they just need some time to learn the new system and new players. They have only had one practice as a compelete team on Friday and is showed Saturday. Sophia just got back from Turkey Wednesday night, Hodges, Snow and Snell just got back last week and Becky didn't play in either of the preseason games due to a muscle pull. Saturday was the first day they had actually all played together. Hopefully by Thursday when they play Tusla they will have a better chemistry with having a few more days together and the rotations will be more consistant.

mogrovejo
05-17-2010, 09:52 AM
I think it'll depend on Appel's readiness and Frazee's improved production from last season. They need productive, hard-nosed, role-players behind Young and Hammond and those two are their best chance. They had lots of problems rebounding the ball last season and I'm not sure if that's solved for this one. Plus, the coaching chance, let's see if the new coach can keep them playing cohesively and sharing the ball.

In any case, they're good enough to make the playoffs but they're first round fodder. It doesn't really matter though, this season I don't see anyone even coming close to beat the Lynx as long as they stay healthy. They will be on the run to best WNBA team ever. Maybe Taurasi can pull the miracle but I doubt it.

Bukefal
05-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Appel rocks! I follow from time to time.

http://www.wnba.com/silverstars/photos/100510_14.jpg
http://www.wnba.com/silverstars/photos/100510_21.jpg

boutons_deux
05-17-2010, 10:19 AM
This thread is useless without pictures of ass and tits

Silver_Stars_Nation
05-17-2010, 10:21 AM
I think it'll depend on Appel's readiness and Frazee's improved production from last season. They need productive, hard-nosed, role-players behind Young and Hammond and those two are their best chance. They had lots of problems rebounding the ball last season and I'm not sure if that's solved for this one. Plus, the coaching chance, let's see if the new coach can keep them playing cohesively and sharing the ball.

In any case, they're good enough to make the playoffs but they're first round fodder. It doesn't really matter though, this season I don't see anyone even coming close to beat the Lynx as long as they stay healthy. They will be on the run to best WNBA team ever. Maybe Taurasi can pull the miracle but I doubt it.

Frazee had a great winter overseas in Turkey. I hope she gets more minutes because I think she can really contribute. Once Sandy delivers (sometime in the next two weeks) Coach Dan will be back on the bench until she gets back from maternity leave. Becky was saying they are so used to Sandy and Olaf that it's not that big a change. They definatly need to fix the rebounding and missed FT's. They also need to find their defense. It's been missing since 2008. I like the additon of Michelle Snow. If they can keep her head together I think she will be a big contributor and possibly replace Riley in the starting line up.
But they need another guard to step up that can handle the ball besides Becky or it's going to be a very long season. Hodges is suposed to be that guard so hopefully she steps up.

The Lynx are beatable. They are already not healthy. Augustus and Wiggins are out for a couple more weeks. Augustus will miss 6-9 games. Wiggins about 6. Anosike has bad knees and word is she is not 100% and Bruson is always injured at some point in the season and Whalen hasn't had a complete injury free season in years. Houston is streaky at best. They will regret giving up Tina Charles to Conn big time! Add in Agustus coming off an ACL tear plus her recent surgery to remove fibroids and good luck to them staying healthy.

I think Pheonix is going to be the team to beat. They lost Pondexter but Dupree is making them say Cappie who?

manufan4life
05-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Frazee had a great winter overseas in Turkey. I hope she gets more minutes because I think she can really contribute. Once Sandy delivers (sometime in the next two weeks) Coach Dan will be back on the bench until she gets back from maternity leave. Becky was saying they are so used to Sandy and Olaf that it's not that big a change. They definatly need to fix the rebounding and missed FT's. They also need to find their defense. It's been missing since 2008. I like the additon of Michelle Snow. If they can keep her head together I think she will be a big contributor and possibly replace Riley in the starting line up.
But they need another guard to step up that can handle the ball besides Becky or it's going to be a very long season. Hodges is suposed to be that guard so hopefully she steps up.

The Lynx are beatable. They are already not healthy. Augustus and Wiggins are out for a couple more weeks. Augustus will miss 6-9 games. Wiggins about 6. Anosike has bad knees and word is she is not 100% and Bruson is always injured at some point in the season and Whalen hasn't had a complete injury free season in years. Houston is streaky at best. They will regret giving up Tina Charles to Conn big time! Add in Agustus coming off an ACL tear plus her recent surgery to remove fibroids and good luck to them staying healthy.

I think Pheonix is going to be the team to beat. They lost Pondexter but Dupree is making them say Cappie who?

Stars Nation, are you sure Dan will coach once Sandy takes leave? butyes i agree they got girls to rebound so hopefully they can get the team together soon. we got the sparks next weekend, but what you think of the chances of the stars making a good playoff run?

love your videos of the starting lineups btw, will u be doin it all season?

mogrovejo
05-17-2010, 02:46 PM

Oh, you're right, I completely forgot they signed Snow. Yeah, Snow should help in the rebounding department. I can see her blossoming in San Antonio, I think she's better than what she showed so far. Actually they can have a pretty strong front-line. Frazee will produce very well if given the chance, I think. I'm not sure I like Hodges as a backup point-guard, she's more of a shooter.

Yeah, I mentioned health because it can become a problem but they probably don't even need everybody healthy to win it all. I think this season they're just too stacked.

I'd still take Pondexter over Dupree but I agree Phoenix didn't lose a lot - Dupree adds another dimension to their offensive game with her post game and strengthens their defense.

manufan4life
05-17-2010, 08:43 PM
i think once dan takes over while sandy leaves they'll start winning, but in an interview with WNBA.com sandy said olaf would fill her shoes....

Silver_Stars_Nation
05-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Dan will step back onto the sidelines. I have been told he will work with Olaf. I don't know exactly how that will work however. We should find out Thursday because Sandy is grounded. She can no longer travel and they have a game in Tulsa at 11:30am. She is due May 31st.
I'm glad Dan will be on the bench because while Olaf is a great player development coach, his in game coaching sucks! He doesn't know how to make adjustments and his rotations are aweful!

At this point I don't really know about playoff run, it too early, but I was encouraged from what I saw Saturday in that 4th quarter. They started to gel and find eachother.
You just have to take Saturday's game for what it was because they only had one day's practice and ALT is a very good team! Sophia was also limited in her minutes since she had just gotten back from Turkey. If she had her legs and gets her usual minutes (and everyone makes their damn free throws) they most likley win. They lost that game in the first quarter and in the first few minutes of the 3rd Q.
They have added some nice pieces but the guard situation is a big concern. We need Snell to have the kind of season she just had in Spain and Edy to have the kind of season she was having in Russia and then Isreal this past winter. Hodges also needs to contribute and take some of the pressure off Becky. Bottom line is we need another ball handler that has to be guarded because when Darling is out there is 5 on 4 with 2 and 3 defenders swarming Becky. Darling seriously needs to retire or go the way of Crossely and off our roster to another team! If the chemistry comes together and they fix those little things I think they can make a serious run if they stay healthy. I think they will suprise a lot of people considering they have so many new players, a new coach and new system.

Yes I will be doing the videos all season. I'll have some new stuff up either tonight or tomorrow from tonights STH party on both Silver Stars Nation's and Becky's YouTube. Our galleries will also be updated with the 2010 games pics once we move servers in the next week or so.

manufan4life
05-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Dan will step back onto the sidelines. I have been told he will work with Olaf. I don't know exactly how that will work however. We should find out Thursday because Sandy is grounded. She can no longer travel and they have a game in Tulsa at 11:30am. She is due May 31st.
I'm glad Dan will be on the bench because while Olaf is a great player development coach, his in game coaching sucks! He doesn't know how to make adjustments and his rotations are aweful!

At this point I don't really know about playoff run, it too early, but I was encouraged from what I saw Saturday in that 4th quarter. They started to gel and find eachother.
You just have to take Saturday's game for what it was because they only had one day's practice and ALT is a very good team! Sophia was also limited in her minutes since she had just gotten back from Turkey. If she had her legs and gets her usual minutes (and everyone makes their damn free throws) they most likley win. They lost that game in the first quarter and in the first few minutes of the 3rd Q.
They have added some nice pieces but the guard situation is a big concern. We need Snell to have the kind of season she just had in Spain and Edy to have the kind of season she was having in Russia and then Isreal this past winter. Hodges also needs to contribute and take some of the pressure off Becky. Bottom line is we need another ball handler that has to be guarded because when Darling is out there is 5 on 4 with 2 and 3 defenders swarming Becky. Darling seriously needs to retire or go the way of Crossely and off our roster to another team! If the chemistry comes together and they fix those little things I think they can make a serious run if they stay healthy. I think they will suprise a lot of people considering they have so many new players, a new coach and new system.

Yes I will be doing the videos all season. I'll have some new stuff up either tonight or tomorrow from tonights STH party on both Silver Stars Nation's and Becky's YouTube. Our galleries will also be updated with the 2010 games pics once we move servers in the next week or so.

what is it you don't like about Helen? i would hope that after Sandy has her baby that Olaf would go so dan could coach in their absent. do you think dan will coach saturday? hopefully he can be head coach thurs and olaf can be asst.

Silver_Stars_Nation
05-18-2010, 03:07 PM
what is it you don't like about Helen? i would hope that after Sandy has her baby that Olaf would go so dan could coach in their absent. do you think dan will coach saturday? hopefully he can be head coach thurs and olaf can be asst.

Have you watched her with any regularity? She can't make an uncontested layup. She plays really hard and I admire her effort but her lack of all offense makes her a liability her defensive skills don't make up for considering she has lost a step.

And Jayne Appel practiced today. Hopefully that means game time soon!

manufan4life
05-18-2010, 04:39 PM
well i do like helen's defense over the years
so glad to hear Jayne practiced today. it'll be intresting if they give her a go on thurs

still curious how the coaching will work out

Sigz
05-18-2010, 05:40 PM
<3 mah Becky.

Bukefal
05-18-2010, 05:48 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs431.ash1/23849_10150093611885103_10150093584975103_11460305 _2645730_n.jpg

http://twitter.com/jayneappel
http://www.facebook.com/jayneappel#!/jayneappel

Jayne Appel MAN did it feel GOOD to be back on that court today! Wow I've been missing it !! #fbp

manufan4life
05-20-2010, 09:23 PM
see the difference Dan brings,
dan=wins

manufan4life
05-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Have you watched her with any regularity? She can't make an uncontested layup. She plays really hard and I admire her effort but her lack of all offense makes her a liability her defensive skills don't make up for considering she has lost a step.

And Jayne Appel practiced today. Hopefully that means game time soon!

great win tonight. what did you think?

LakerHater
05-22-2010, 09:51 PM
http://www.wnba.com/silverstars/photos/100510_14.jpg

Looks so small in her hands!

Silver_Stars_Nation
05-23-2010, 08:55 AM
great win tonight. what did you think?

It was an AWESOME GAME! Great game and a great crowd! Any time we beat an LA team is a great win! The addition of Holdsclaw is HUGE! The Stars have gone from the Big Two (Sophia & Becky) to the Fantastic Four with Becky, Snow, Holdsclaw and Sophia. Teams won't be able to double and triple team Becky and So all night now that we have two other legit threats. It's hard to believe they have only had one practice together. I really loved what I saw last night! Even from Helen, I hope she has more games like that! Michelle Snow is making me forget all about Ann Wauters. We FINALLY have an inside presence at center instead of 6'5 player hanging on the perimeter afraid to get hit. I'm so excited to see what a weeks practice does for them. Especially with Cappie Pondexter coming in Friday with NY. Should be another great game!

We still need to clean up some stuff and Roneeka Hodges needs to find her groove. She killed us in the third and almost lost us the game. I'm hoping she just needs to adjust to the new system.

Jayne Appel is practicing so that is some more good news.

manufan4life
05-23-2010, 04:10 PM
It was an AWESOME GAME! Great game and a great crowd! Any time we beat an LA team is a great win! The addition of Holdsclaw is HUGE! The Stars have gone from the Big Two (Sophia & Becky) to the Fantastic Four with Becky, Snow, Holdsclaw and Sophia. Teams won't be able to double and triple team Becky and So all night now that we have two other legit threats. It's hard to believe they have only had one practice together. I really loved what I saw last night! Even from Helen, I hope she has more games like that! Michelle Snow is making me forget all about Ann Wauters. We FINALLY have an inside presence at center instead of 6'5 player hanging on the perimeter afraid to get hit. I'm so excited to see what a weeks practice does for them. Especially with Cappie Pondexter coming in Friday with NY. Should be another great game!

We still need to clean up some stuff and Roneeka Hodges needs to find her groove. She killed us in the third and almost lost us the game. I'm hoping she just needs to adjust to the new system.

Jayne Appel is practicing so that is some more good news.

thank god, hopefully jayne can come friday or by sunday.
yes im calling a deep playoff win if they stay healthy and keep this up.
when you going to upload the vids?

Silver_Stars_Nation
05-28-2010, 09:54 AM
thank god, hopefully jayne can come friday or by sunday.
yes im calling a deep playoff win if they stay healthy and keep this up.
when you going to upload the vids?

The medical staff cleared Jayne to play tonight. Becky are Ruth are almost 100% as well.

The vids are up on our YouTube page.

cantthinkofanything
05-28-2010, 10:09 AM
when is Jayne going to play?

Your picture of Dwight made me think of this one. Who's Jayne?

http://www.stumblebumblemonkey.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/news.jpg

manufan4life
05-30-2010, 04:03 PM
The medical staff cleared Jayne to play tonight. Becky are Ruth are almost 100% as well.

The vids are up on our YouTube page.

awesome vids,
but wth was up with them against new york and today against the storm??
they are gettin blown away

Solid D
05-30-2010, 04:07 PM
The Storm chewed them up and spit them out. Embarrassing defense.

manufan4life
05-31-2010, 03:24 AM
The Storm chewed them up and spit them out. Embarrassing defense.

and offense, becky and so only 8 points.

i call for sandy to give the coaching duties to dan again

Silver_Stars_Nation
06-01-2010, 08:55 AM
and offense, becky and so only 8 points.

i call for sandy to give the coaching duties to dan again

OMG that was embaressing and pathetic! Sandy gave birth yesterday but Olaf is taking over...he is a pitiful game time coach. He took over last year for two games and it was not good! I honestly don't know who was really doing the coaching these last few games? Sandy or Olaf? I am not seeing anything good from this two coach system.
I guess we will see what they can bring Thursday.

Becky is playing hurt so don't look for her numbers to go up anytime soon. Her injury was very obvious Friday and Sunday and unless she gets healthy it's going to be a struggle to win.

Our biggest problem aside from the bad coaching and no defense is our best point guard and best shooting guard are the same person and Becky can only play one position at a time. We really need a shooting guard so Becky can go back to the 1.

manufan4life
06-01-2010, 08:05 PM
OMG that was embaressing and pathetic! Sandy gave birth yesterday but Olaf is taking over...he is a pitiful game time coach. He took over last year for two games and it was not good! I honestly don't know who was really doing the coaching these last few games? Sandy or Olaf? I am not seeing anything good from this two coach system.
I guess we will see what they can bring Thursday.

Becky is playing hurt so don't look for her numbers to go up anytime soon. Her injury was very obvious Friday and Sunday and unless she gets healthy it's going to be a struggle to win.

Our biggest problem aside from the bad coaching and no defense is our best point guard and best shooting guard are the same person and Becky can only play one position at a time. We really need a shooting guard so Becky can go back to the 1.

dan should just coach the rest of the season and let sandy take care of her baby. the silver stars wont do anything if they have this duo coaching

manufan4life
06-03-2010, 09:10 PM
dan should just coach the rest of the season and let sandy take care of her baby. the silver stars wont do anything if they have this duo coaching

wtf is that against the fever???

easy7
06-04-2010, 07:04 PM
The Silver Stars suck, bad.

manufan4life
06-04-2010, 08:38 PM
The Silver Stars suck, bad.

the stars dont. its the coaches!!!