PDA

View Full Version : D12 only needs to look at himself if the Magic lose this series

DazedAndConfused
05-16-2010, 04:21 PM
He is single-handedly allowing the Celtics to shut down their perimeter shooters by allowing Perkins to guard him 1-1 and not making the Celtics pay.

His lack of growth as an offensive player is going to be the demise of the Magic IMHO.

Come_On_Now
05-16-2010, 04:43 PM
I find it ridiculous that the so-called "best center in the league" hasn't even developed a decent hook shot.

JamStone
05-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I agree to an extent.

But blame also goes to SVG because he not only hasn't helped Dwight's game, but his gameplan doesn't allow Dwight to grow as an offensive player. Shoot a three pointer. Push the ball and shoot a three pointer. Swing the ball and shoot a three pointer. Pass the ball inside so the defense collapses and kick it out to shoot a three pointer.

SVG's coaching style shares at least part of the blame.

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2010, 04:51 PM
-Howard is definitely the best big man in the NBA..part of the reason is that there isn't much competition, but his defensive/rebounding/finishing impact makes him the best big man in the NBA, he's levels above any other big in those 3 categories..the only big that current rivals him is Gasol..

-I disagree about SVG's system..Orlando ran their offense through Howard for the entire 2nd half of the season..after the complaints about the lack of touches, they focused on getting him the ball more than anything..his usage% went up by a huge margin after this..

-Howard's post game actually improved by a good margin this year..he added a reliable hook shot from both hands, and his face-up drive game improved too..

The reason Howard looked so bad in this game is the defenders..yes, he obviously has to improve his post-up game, but it's mental more than anything..Wallace and Perkins defend him better than anybody in the NBA, and they both get in his head..

His mental fragility is more of a weakness than his actual game..

picc84
05-16-2010, 04:51 PM
http://blogpistolero.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/ewing.jpg

Worst "teacher" of all time.

What the hell do they do in those practice sessions anyway?

lefty
05-16-2010, 04:53 PM
DPOY my ass

ForeignFan
05-16-2010, 05:24 PM

This mental fragility is worse than his limited offensive talents.

eyeh8u
05-16-2010, 05:58 PM

patrick gaves dwight acting tips from his time filming EDDIE, thats why dwight sucks at scoring and acting

ogait
05-16-2010, 06:07 PM
-Howard is definitely the best big man in the NBA...

The NBA is in trouble if this is true.

NewJerSpur
05-16-2010, 06:13 PM
He needs to lose the lefthanded, bailout moves and stop allowing anyone outside of Perkins to stand him up on offense and settle for shots out of his comfort zone around the basket, particularly when guys are pulling the chair out on him becasuse they cannot defend him with his back to the bakset.

mogrovejo
05-16-2010, 06:16 PM
LeBron James a couple of days ago, now Howard. First Wade.

Lakers fans may be setting themselves to some ugly stuff by bashing these guys. Everybody has poor games at this level, when facing top defenses.

DazedAndConfused
05-16-2010, 07:13 PM
STFU faggot Celdick fan. Nobody cares.

HarlemHeat37
05-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Hey Jeff, how come you said the Lakers wouldn't win the title this year?..now you're confident in them?..what happened?..quick turnaround..

Giuseppe
05-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Howard is still deathly afraid of losing. He can't function. It's uncomfortable to watch. He's still a boy,,,,,he ain't settled into his manhood yet. He's a late bloomer.

Venti Quattro
05-16-2010, 09:25 PM
For all the nice things that have been said about Dwight, he doesn't really have a consistent offensive game. He needs to change his "teacher".

Dwight with at least Andrew Bynum's offensive game would be devastating.

Matchman
05-16-2010, 09:39 PM
patrick gaves dwight acting tips from his time filming EDDIE, thats why dwight sucks at scoring and acting

Patrick taught Yao how to score too. I dont see Yao having problems scoring baskets eventhough he is 100 times slower than Dwight

Killakobe81
05-17-2010, 01:15 AM
-Howard is definitely the best big man in the NBA..part of the reason is that there isn't much competition, but his defensive/rebounding/finishing impact makes him the best big man in the NBA, he's levels above any other big in those 3 categories..the only big that current rivals him is Gasol..

-I disagree about SVG's system..Orlando ran their offense through Howard for the entire 2nd half of the season..after the complaints about the lack of touches, they focused on getting him the ball more than anything..his usage% went up by a huge margin after this..

-Howard's post game actually improved by a good margin this year..he added a reliable hook shot from both hands, and his face-up drive game improved too..

The reason Howard looked so bad in this game is the defenders..yes, he obviously has to improve his post-up game, but it's mental more than anything..Wallace and Perkins defend him better than anybody in the NBA, and they both get in his head..

GReat [post Harlem you do wel when not blinded by hate ... LOL

I think SVG is a good coach ... not great. I dont know if you can totally blame him for Howards ...and i read it correctly Jamstone said SVG shares in the blame ...

Howard is the best big man great hook shot or not ...but the lack of quality big man started in the mid 90's and never really got much better after ...

mogrovejo
05-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Perkins is playing injured, having problems on his knee, once he gets healthy I expect his defense on Howard (and anyone else) and especially his rebounding to be better. He isn't moving well and essentially not leaving the floor fast enough, his jumps are tentative.

I think this is reactionary and short-sighted: every low post scorer struggles against Perkins, the Celtics have the best low post defense in the league by far (only allowing 0.805 points per play) and they never double low post players. Nobody is going to make the Celtics pay because Perkins is guarding someone 1x1.

Howard can be more effective, but he needs the ball on the move and in better positions. It's more on his guards than on him, this last game they were too scared of turning over the ball.

JamStone
05-17-2010, 08:06 AM
For all the talk of Dwight Howard's lack of an offensive game, there's one specific thing he hasn't ever addressed that I think would vastly improve his touch and several areas of his offense. That's the flick of the wrist. When he shoots free throws and his hook shot, he doesn't bend his wrists. Free throws he shoots with more of a push and with his fingertips. He doesn't bend his wrist back to help get more arc on the shot. And his hook shots he shoots more with his arms whereas a flick of the wrist would allow him to shoot it softer. Considering Patrick Ewing had a pretty good jumper for a big man, I can't for the life of me understand why they haven't tried to help Howard work on his touch by using more of his wrist when shooting.