PDA

View Full Version : LeBron called Rose after Cavs' elimination

23LeBronJames23
05-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Shortly after Cleveland was eliminated by Boston in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, LeBron James placed a call to Bulls guard Derrick Rose.
What did they talk about?
Word is, James said he likes Rose's game, likes his team and would welcome the chance to play together.
Before putting LeBron's No. 6 Bulls jersey up for sale, keep in mind that it's possible James made similar calls to Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Maybe even Nets center Brook Lopez. But it has been made clear through various channels that James is very interested in joining the Bulls when he becomes a free agent on July 1.
New York, New Jersey and Miami figure to be James' top options, along with re-signing in Cleveland. Staying with the Cavaliers is starting to seem less likely after the early playoff exit exposed flaws in the team's winning formula.
The James phone call to Rose was mentioned by ESPN reporter Scoop Jackson and confirmed by a league source. Rose has been taking things slowly since the Bulls season ended with a first-round loss to Cleveland, but he visits the Berto Center on occasion. The source said the James-Rose conversation did not last very long.
The Bulls will have roughly $20 million in cap room this summer, enough to sign the two-time MVP outright. They're often mentioned as James' best chance to win right away, since he could step into a lineup with Rose, Joakim Noah and Luol Deng.
James will have other attractive options. New York has enough cap room to pair him with another big-time free agent such as Bosh. Miami could offer a unique pairing with all-star Dwyane Wade.
New Jersey probably can't be counted out, either, despite posting the league's worst record last season. The Nets have some good young players and money to spend now that Russian kazillionaire Mikhail Prokhorov owns the team. Plus, one of the Nets co-owners is James' good buddy Jay-Z and the team is supposed to relocate to Brooklyn in two years.
In the meantime, the Bulls' coaching search has slowed down as the team contemplates whether a big-name coach would give them a better chance of landing James.
The biggest prize in coaching is obviously Phil Jackson, whose contract with the Lakers is about to expire. He also figures to stay busy through the end of the NBA Finals.
There is no evidence the Bulls have any interest in Kentucky coach John Calipari or that playing for Calipari would even appeal to James. If the Bulls can't bring back Jackson for a second stint on the bench, former Portland and Philadelphia coach Maurice Cheeks appears to have the best chance at the job.
None of other NBA teams in search of a head coach - Philadelphia, New Orleans, Atlanta and the Clippers - has made a hire.

SomeCallMeTim
05-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Shortly after Cleveland was eliminated by Boston in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, LeBron James placed a call to Bulls guard Derrick Rose.
What did they talk about?
Word is, James said he likes Rose's game, likes his team and would welcome the chance to play together.
Before putting LeBron's No. 6 Bulls jersey up for sale, keep in mind that it's possible James made similar calls to Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Maybe even Nets center Brook Lopez. But it has been made clear through various channels that James is very interested in joining the Bulls when he becomes a free agent on July 1.
New York, New Jersey and Miami figure to be James' top options, along with re-signing in Cleveland. Staying with the Cavaliers is starting to seem less likely after the early playoff exit exposed flaws in the team's winning formula.
The James phone call to Rose was mentioned by ESPN reporter Scoop Jackson and confirmed by a league source. Rose has been taking things slowly since the Bulls season ended with a first-round loss to Cleveland, but he visits the Berto Center on occasion. The source said the James-Rose conversation did not last very long.
The Bulls will have roughly $20 million in cap room this summer, enough to sign the two-time MVP outright. They're often mentioned as James' best chance to win right away, since he could step into a lineup with Rose, Joakim Noah and Luol Deng.
James will have other attractive options. New York has enough cap room to pair him with another big-time free agent such as Bosh. Miami could offer a unique pairing with all-star Dwyane Wade.
New Jersey probably can't be counted out, either, despite posting the league's worst record last season. The Nets have some good young players and money to spend now that Russian kazillionaire Mikhail Prokhorov owns the team. Plus, one of the Nets co-owners is James' good buddy Jay-Z and the team is supposed to relocate to Brooklyn in two years.
In the meantime, the Bulls' coaching search has slowed down as the team contemplates whether a big-name coach would give them a better chance of landing James.
The biggest prize in coaching is obviously Phil Jackson, whose contract with the Lakers is about to expire. He also figures to stay busy through the end of the NBA Finals.
There is no evidence the Bulls have any interest in Kentucky coach John Calipari or that playing for Calipari would even appeal to James. If the Bulls can't bring back Jackson for a second stint on the bench, former Portland and Philadelphia coach Maurice Cheeks appears to have the best chance at the job.
None of other NBA teams in search of a head coach - Philadelphia, New Orleans, Atlanta and the Clippers - has made a hire.

Am I the only one who fails to see the upside of a Rose/LeBron combo?

Rose is not great. LeBron needs the ball in his hands to play his best. Deng, Noah, and co. are fine role players, but I'm just not seeing a marked improvement over the current Cavs if Rose is expected to be a key piece.

Maybe I'm understimating Rose. Someone convince me.

Ghazi
05-16-2010, 11:41 PM
<---------

21_Blessings
05-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Am I the only one who fails to see the upside of a Rose/LeBron combo?

Rose is not great. LeBron needs the ball in his hands to play his best. Deng, Noah, and co. are fine role players, but I'm just not seeing a marked improvement over the current Cavs if Rose is expected to be a key piece.

Maybe I'm understimating Rose. Someone convince me.

Rose/Lebron would be absolutely insane in the open floor. They could run all day.

D-Wade #3
05-16-2010, 11:48 PM
lol Knicks

NewJerSpur
05-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Well, the guy isn't wasting any time in exploring his options or putting fillers out there, LOL. Don't know if I'd make a lot of it.

Ghazi
05-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Why would Lebron go on a team whose biggest accomplishment is a few moral victory 1st round exits.

Derrick Rose is nothing more than a moral victories guy... Hey I made the NCAA title game but lost, hey we took the defending champ Celtics to 7, hey we got a game off the Bulls.

At least the Mavs have a few guys who have been to the Finals

Kidd-lost in Finals 2x
Dirk-"lost" in Finals
James-lost in Finals

But together = :lobt: :lobt: :lobt:

D-Wade #3
05-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Why would Lebron go on a team whose biggest accomplishment is a few moral victory 1st round exits.

Derrick Rose is nothing more than a moral victories guy... Hey I made the NCAA title game but lost, hey we took the defending champ Celtics to 7, hey we got a game off the Bulls.

At least the Mavs have a few guys who have been to the Finals

Kidd-lost in Finals 2x
Dirk-"lost" in Finals
James-lost in Finals

But together = :lobt: :lobt: :lobt:

That would officially constitute "Choke City"

FlyHigh07
05-16-2010, 11:59 PM
He called Rose? :lmao Damn this dude is really desperate!

Ghazi keep on praying :wakeup

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Dirk/Kidd don't choke.

Rose on the other hand... rJvLwSf0Xi8

bostonguy
05-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Rose is a nice sidekick but what happens to Loul Deng? He going to be Brons backup? What about an inside game?

sefant77
05-17-2010, 05:32 AM
Source?

My source told me he called Delontes mom asking her about her evening plans.

Bukefal
05-17-2010, 05:49 AM
speculations, speculations, speculations.... Pointless. Just wait and we'll see what's going to happen.

But then again, what else will keep fans busy during the offseason.

sribb43
05-17-2010, 07:40 AM
This is only the first of tons of flaky Lebron stories to come until the man signs.

Lebron/Rose combo would be great in the regular season but would fail in the playoffs. That team would have the most stagnent halfcourt iso offense in the league. The desperately would need to acquire some short of post presence like a ZBo

mountainballer
05-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Bulls are the best option from a pure basketball point of view.
people shouldn't forget about the S&T options between the Bulls and Cavs. they can agree with Lebron and that way force the Cavs into a S&T, because Cavs surely don't want to totally restart.
Deng would be the logical cornerstone of the package and it would also solve the question how Lebron and Deng could play together. (Bulls could also add the #17 pick)
if the Bulls do this, they would even keep enough cap space to sign another good FA. even considering the cap holds there could be about 10 million available to offer a FA. could be enough to persuade a quality big, when Lebron and Rose are calling. (Boozer? he and Lebron worked well in Cleveland) Lebron will be well aware about such scenarios.
imagine: Rose-Hinrich-Lebron-Boozer-Noah. neither Miami nor NY will be able to offer a S5 of that quality anytime soon. Gibson and Johnson would add nice young talent from the bench either.
such a team would also attract some veterans, who would sign for the minimum, just to jump on the train. (t-mac, Z )

Basketballgirl25
05-17-2010, 07:57 AM
I hope Lebron goes to the Bulls. Then people will shut up about Lebron. How many more days till July 1st, this is getting old fast

sribb43
05-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Cavs would be fools to take back Deng's 4yrs and $50 mil left on his contract, not to mention leave him in the east. They are already strapped with horrible contracts...if lebron leaves they should do there best to rid themselves of Mo Williams, Vareajo, etc

SenorSpur
05-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Personally, I'm burnt out on LeBron and his impending decision - and have been since this talk started 2 years ago. While he's a singular talent and one the great players the NBA has ever seen, this punk needs a firm dose of humility and big ol' slice of humble pie.

You'd think he would've gotten a clue after the Celtics handed his ass back to him. With his insulated group of sychophants, his choreographed pre-game dance rituals, and his lack of personal accountability, I simply don't see Lebron the same way anymore. Not to mention the fact that he committed the cardinal sin in sports - quitting on his team.

For the record, I STILL don't believe he's going anywhere. Wake me up when he officially leaves $30 mil worth of guaranteed duckies on the table.

lefty
05-17-2010, 08:33 AM
Lebron called Rose because his Mom is looking for another PG's penis

SenorSpur
05-17-2010, 09:48 AM

Ouch~

Personal Foul. Unsportsmanlike conduct. 15 yards. Always 1st down. :lol

Edward
05-17-2010, 09:50 AM

Sounds like the Mavs the last 4 years.

Edward
05-17-2010, 09:51 AM

As usual, you're not funny at all.

Edward
05-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Dirk/Kidd don't choke.

Rose on the other hand... rJvLwSf0Xi8

:lmao right cause Dirk didn't miss a critical FT during game 3 of the NBA finals.

Rip-Hamilton32
05-17-2010, 09:53 AM
trade Deng for someone else that is expiring, sign n trade for Bosh for example

Edward
05-17-2010, 09:56 AM
lol Ghazi

The last 4 years, both Dallas and Chicago have been in the 2nd round once, and other than that haven't made it past the 1st round. lol self-ownage.

lefty
05-17-2010, 11:08 AM
As usual, you're not funny at all.
That wasn't a joke

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 11:12 AM
lol Ghazi

The last 4 years, both Dallas and Chicago have been in the 2nd round once, and other than that haven't made it past the 1st round. lol self-ownage.

Does Ben Wallace still play for the Bulls?

lol arbitrary picking and choosing of stats

Dirk/Kidd/Terry/Haywood/Marion >>> Rose/Noah/Heinrich/crock of shit

Edward
05-17-2010, 11:13 AM
:lmao taking this seriously
:lmao getting trolled
:lmao sucking mogrovejo's dick
:lmao Ghazi

picc84
05-17-2010, 12:07 PM
How do people find out about these personal phone calls? Unless Rose was running his mouth, which if you've ever seen him do an interview you'd know was unlikely, if the person could even understand what he was saying anyway.

poop
05-17-2010, 12:22 PM
just got off the phone with Lebron, says he wanted to go to SA but the deal fell through when Pop refused to let Bonner be part of the exchange.

Ignignokt
05-17-2010, 12:28 PM
LOL at Ghazi's sig saying he's gonna plumb NM's ass, yet he's drinking a Starbucks Pumpkin CHipotle Spice Latte. We all know that if any plumbing is going to occur, it will be North Mexico using a Dwayne Wade dildo to blast another cave in West Iran's ass for Osama to dwell in.

jag
05-17-2010, 12:37 PM
If Bron wants to win a title right now, then he goes to Dallas. If he wants to win multiple titles and have a team to grow with, then he goes to the bulls. If he wants to hate life and be around unattractive people, then he'll go to NY or stay in Cleveland.

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Son how'd you know what coffee I was drinkin? :lol

Lukor
05-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Another one of those articles...rofl. I would bet my gf's ass that only a handful people in the world know what Lebron is up to and they sure aint the reporters who are making up stories right now.

Ignignokt
05-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Son how'd you know what coffee I was drinkin? :lol

Good comeback.

Or rather.. Your bathouse moniker i meant.

Good, Comeback!

Basketballgirl25
05-17-2010, 01:17 PM
Here's Where Lebron is going. He is going to See Something Corporate, because word just in he hates basketball

aXI_T4260js

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Here's Where Lebron is going. He is going to See Something Corporate, because word just in he hates basketball

aXI_T4260js

stop posting.

MateoNeygro
05-17-2010, 01:45 PM
just got off the phone with Lebron, says he wanted to go to SA but the deal fell through when Pop refused to let Bonner be part of the exchange.

hahahahhahahaha awesome!

duncan228
05-17-2010, 02:58 PM
JVG: Bulls Need More Than LeBron (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-jvgbullsneedmorethan)
SportingNews

Former NBA coach Jeff Van Gundy says LeBron James certainly would improve the Bulls but not immediately make them an NBA title contender.

"Any team that gets him along with Derrick Rose and (Joakim) Noah, you’re going to have a good team," Van Gundy tells ESPNChicago.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5193092) before Sunday’s Eastern Conference finals opener in Orlando. "A lot depends on how much they have to give up to get him. If it’s a sign-and-trade, what other moves they’d make, but I would not think they would be a championship-caliber team right away. But I think they’ll be a top-3 or -4 team."

Van Gundy, who worked Sunday’s game as an analyst for ABC, is rumored to be a possible candidate for the Bulls’ vacant coaching position. He was noncommittal about having interest, but he added that the job is a "very good" one.

"Rose can definitely be the second-best player on a championship team, and Jo Noah, in my opinion, can be the third- or fourth-best player on a championship team. So if they add a guy who can be the best player on a championship team, then they’re right there in the mix, Van Gundy said.

"So certainly, having that cap flexibility, making the playoffs the last two years, so you’ve gotten to see Rose and Noah in pressure-packed situations. That’s a very good job. Chicago the city, Chicago the organization has proven itself to be very good."

Van Gundy also said he has no feel for which way James is leaning. "I think there’s a lot of opinions, but I don’t think there’s any informed opinions," he tells the website. "So I have no idea, nor does anyone else, except him."

ffadicted
05-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Bulls need to find a way to sign James straight up and do a S&T for Bosh

Rose
Hinrich
James
Bosh
Noah

I'd like to see a coach that could handle that roster outside of guys like Adelman, Jackson and Pop. Pipedream though, TO would never do it

sefant77
05-17-2010, 03:54 PM
trade Deng for someone else that is expiring, sign n trade for Bosh for example

Yes, Toronto will help with a smile on their faces to S&T Bosh within the East creating a team they wont beat the next 10 years...