PDA

View Full Version : N A Z R Appreciation Thread...

Tom_Foolery
05-11-2005, 01:35 AM
I'm loving this guy more and more, especially his awareness on the court. How many airballs did he catch underneat the basket that he put back for dunks?

I think he's a tremendous rebounder and defender. He has been a nice surprise. Also he can hit his FTs better.

Great addition to the team.

How are we going to resign him?

Man, that Rasho contract is really pulling us down. What do we do about Rasho? His contract may hurt our chances of resigning Nazr, whom I'd rather have more than Rasho.

I think Rasho was given alot of chances and room to improve and he just hasn't improved or shown much improvement. Nazr on the other hand, I've seen more improvement in Nazr in the short time he's been here than I have in Rasho the past 2 seasons.

Anyways, glad to see Nazr playing on the floor. I'm feeling another Spurs Championship!!!

GO SPURS!

Horry For 3!
05-11-2005, 02:42 AM
Nazr....for the 3! hahaha That was great! At the end of the game, Nazr hits the 3.

milkyway21
05-11-2005, 02:58 AM
besides the

1. Hilarious dunk (w/ no Point)
2. a 3pt at the end of the Sonics-Spurs game

3. FOR BEING THE TOUGHEST SPUR on the floor

here's the proof:
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/SAA119051100_lower.jpg
Seattle SuperSonics guard Ronald Murray (22) looks on as San Antonio Spurs center Nazr Mohammed grabs teammate Tony Parker (9) after he was fouled during the third quarter in game two of their Western conference semifinals game in San Antonio, Tuesday, May 10, 2005. San Antonio won 108-91.

exstatic
05-11-2005, 07:26 AM
He's a beast, which is exactly what we need against Seattle's thuggish front line.

NZHayden
05-11-2005, 07:27 AM
i only saw the first half of the game but nazr was on fire when i saw him playing something like 4 offensive rebounds in the first quater

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 07:31 AM
besides the

here's the proof:
Seattle SuperSonics guard Ronald Murray (22) looks on as San Antonio Spurs center Nazr Mohammed grabs teammate Tony Parker (9) after he was fouled during the third quarter in game two of their Western conference semifinals game in San Antonio, Tuesday, May 10, 2005. San Antonio won 108-91.

I think there is a little extra "yellow" on the front of Murray's shorts in that pic.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2005, 07:52 AM
The Rose Colored Glasses Society has sure been quiet so far in the playoffs. I thought that was when we'd see how much better Malik is than Nazr.

Rummpd
05-11-2005, 07:55 AM
A few of us were saying this from the start = at 10 PPG and 8 rebound or so a game does not go to a bust over-night.

I like Rasho but the best thing the Spurs could do is lock this guy down soon.

Jimcs50
05-11-2005, 07:59 AM
He is getting better about not pump faking so much and he still has to stop putting the ball on the floor before going up.

Just take it strong to the basket w/o all that extraneous activity.

T Park
05-11-2005, 08:19 AM
jim, if he takes itstraight up hes gonna get his shot blocked.

Upfakes are a good thing.

Look at the 4th quarter when Duncan upfaked big snax. got him out of the way and layed it in.

upfakes are a good thing get the fuck off of it.

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 08:25 AM
How about a 1 upfake limit? Nazr has been rotating much better lately. Dunk the ball with both hands!!!

Jimcs50
05-11-2005, 08:25 AM

Look at the 4th quarter when Duncan upfaked big snax. got him out of the way and layed it in.

TPark, do you know anything at all?????

Even Pop has told him to stop pump faking so damn much, and to stop dribbling the damn ball. How many times has a little guard stolen the ball from him before he even got back up to the rim?

You are the stangest man in the history of the forum. Anytime someone says anything at all that you disagree with, you get all freaked out and tyake it personally.

You serious need to consider therapy...no wonder you can't get a girl.

sa_butta
05-11-2005, 08:27 AM
nazr rebounding haus
you Rock Nazie

spur219
05-11-2005, 08:27 AM
Nazr has improved in great strides. He is a great rebounder and defender. He plays agressive and never gives up on the boards. He is gaining great court awarness and is becoming a very good compliment to Duncan. Keep Nazr.

Xolotl
05-11-2005, 08:29 AM

I agree that upfakes are a good thing. But, he gives like 14 upfakes in a row. I'm telling you one day he's gonna get and offensive board and upfake the shot clock to 0. Overall though I like him playing more than Rasho especially since his defense has picked up.

T Park
05-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Even Pop has told him to stop pump faking so damn much

link??

But, he gives like 14 upfakes in a row

No he doesnt. He probobly gives at the most 2 or 3.

But that was ok when Rose played here...

You serious need to consider therapy...no wonder you can't get a girl.

My personal life is none of your business, nor does it belong here, stick the subject jim.

T Park
05-11-2005, 08:34 AM
You are the stangest man in the history of the forum. Anytime someone says anything at all that you disagree with, you get all freaked out and tyake it personally.

I didnt take nothing personally. But on that subject, look in the mirror when talking about Steve fucking francis.

sa_butta
05-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Is it me or does it seem Nazr has the same has as Malik had
(butter fingers) he does not take passes to well? But hes got sticky fingers when it comes to rebounds.

Fouled Out
05-11-2005, 08:41 AM
besides the

here's the proof:

Look he is, NAZI is about to bitch slap him!!!! :lol

Slomo
05-11-2005, 08:46 AM
His physical style of play, upfakes, offensive boards... are not really new - he brought them over with him. What impresses me is how he has managed to (quickly) incorporate himself (and his atributes) in the Spurs' system and has turn from a Defense liability (or dirsruption even) to a contributor to the team defense concept, while keeping most of his offensive weapons. That for me is a sign of inteligence - not just "basketball" inteligence - and a tribute to him as a person and a player.

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Plus, he is now a three point threat!!! :lol

sa_butta
05-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Plus, he is now a three point threat!!! :lolI beleive that was the first of his career

boutons
05-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Manu's pass from the corner taught him another lesson, never turn your back to the ball, esp when it's in Manu's hands.

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 09:06 AM
I beleive that was the first of his career

That was only his 4th attempt of his career! :lol

wildbill2u
05-11-2005, 09:07 AM
The Rose Colored Glasses Society has sure been quiet so far in the playoffs. I thought that was when we'd see how much better Malik is than Nazr.

Exactly. Not much of the old guard's complaints being heard now. Nasr was a great pickup--just what we needed as front line insurance at center (and maybe a starter)--young, big, athletic, teachable and a great work ethic.

Oh, and he shoots 1000 from the three point range. :spin :spin :spin

stéphane
05-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Nazr can hit 3s and Frenchman can jump ! funny game
http://spursinfo.com/photos/spurs/050510/050510_6.jpg

bigbendbruisebrother
05-11-2005, 09:17 AM
He is getting better about not pump faking so much and he still has to stop putting the ball on the floor before going up.

Just take it strong to the basket w/o all that extraneous activity.

As a 5' 9" white guy, I couldn't agree more.

I know the posession you're referring too. Nazr got the ball baseline left with a clear path to the basket. Instead of going up strong, he put the ball on the floor, pump faked and got blocked. Fortunately, he also got the rebound and if memory serves me correctly, we scored on that posession.

Nazr rocks.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Plus, he is now a three point threat!!! :lol

I just rewound and watched that again. I think God intervened, because that ball was on the way out. What a shooter's bounce!

cherylsteele
05-11-2005, 09:27 AM
I am one of those who WAS displeased with his play.....he seems to have bought into the system and now is playing well within that system.

He isn't trying to do too much....he is playing within himself and his limits.....he still gets block attempts too much...but that is nit-picking.....I am pleased with his play in the playoffs.

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 09:34 AM
I love when a Spur shoots an airball and I say, "Awww shit!", and then BAM!!! a hand on the end of long beige wrapped arm comes out of nowhere, grabs the ball and dunks it!

Oh and totally off topic, I like this emoticon thingy....

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/Other/229031_beatdeadhorse.GIF

(Courtesy of a Spursfanatic post.)

TMSKILZ
05-11-2005, 11:33 AM
I liked Nazr from his days with the NY Bricks. Being a NYer I caught a few games on TV & highlights & Nazr was their best player in most games although J.Crawford is the NY Bricks best player, then Nazr had a stretch of about 1-2 months where his #'s & production declined BIG time.

Some attributed it to his Muslim faith, where most fast during certain months of the Yr. He lost weight & obviously made him weaker during that stretch.

I was hoping leading up to the trade deadline that the Spurs could get this guy & when my co-worker (NY Brick fan) informed me that the Spurs acquired Nazr in a trade, I was pumped & happy. Next to TiMVP this guy would be a major + for our Spurs. He REBs & gives us more OFF than Rasho, plus is a much needed BIG on our roster.

Here's to Nazr for his contribution in such a little time notice.

Thanks Nazr!

beirmeistr
05-11-2005, 11:58 AM
I believe it was in this forum where I read that the name Nazr means "warrior." If that is so, Nazr is certainly living up to his name. an excellent trade.

Louae
05-11-2005, 12:01 PM

And thank goodness for that. I'm a Spurs Fan first. And being wrong & winning is a whole lot better than being right & losing.

I'm glad Nazr is playing well in the playoffs. I didn't think he'd be playing this well by playoff time. He was playing so awful in the beginning that Sean Marks looked like a better player than him. But there is no denying that his addition severly hurt our chances of getting homecourt advantage over the Suns. Now, it looks like his addition will make losing homecourt advantage to the Suns insignificant. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. Keep up the good work, Nazr.

LilMissSPURfect
05-11-2005, 12:07 PM
He's a beast, which is exactly what we need against Seattle's thuggish front line.

:lol

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 12:09 PM
And thank goodness for that. I'm a Spurs Fan first. And being wrong & winning is a whole lot better than being right & losing.

I'm glad Nazr is playing well in the playoffs. I didn't think he'd be playing this well by playoff time. He was playing so awful in the beginning that Sean Marks looked like a better player than him. But there is no denying that his addition severly hurt our chances of getting homecourt advantage over the Suns. Now, it looks like his addition will make losing homecourt advantage to the Suns insignificant. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. Keep up the good work, Nazr.

You still believe Nazr hurt our chances at getting home court? In the trade agreement with NY was there a clause that Duncan, Manu, and Parker would have to miss games? Oh well, I'd better not start this up again.

Ishta
05-11-2005, 12:20 PM
I love when a Spur shoots an airball and I say, "Awww shit!", and then BAM!!! a hand on the end of long beige wrapped arm comes out of nowhere, grabs the ball and dunks it!

I liked it too!! Thanks! The violin is also pretty damn funny!!

Extra Stout
05-11-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm glad Nazr is playing well in the playoffs. I didn't think he'd be playing this well by playoff time. He was playing so awful in the beginning that Sean Marks looked like a better player than him. But there is no denying that his addition severly hurt our chances of getting homecourt advantage over the Suns. Now, it looks like his addition will make losing homecourt advantage to the Suns insignificant. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. Keep up the good work, Nazr.Eh? I don't understand. How is the Rose trade related to Tim's ankle injury?

bigbendbruisebrother
05-11-2005, 12:26 PM

That is the best emoticon I've ever seen. Man we need to get that into the rotation. It will see a lot of action around here.

Please UU666, next time a Stephen Jackson thread pops up, give them the beating a dead horse emoticon. This would also come in handy in any number of Brent Barry threads or any thread with the words free and throw.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Y'all be kind to Nazr on the pump fakes. The Spurs PR people told him to throw those in to satisfy the Rose lovers.

beirmeistr
05-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Y'all be kind to Nazr on the pump fakes. The Spurs PR people told him to throw those in to satisfy the Rose lovers.
That's a good one.

Jimcs50
05-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Rose had to pump fake because he was 6-8 inches shorter than most of his opponents.

Nazr is taller and he just needs to ne more like TD and just go for it when you first get the chance. Quickness, and decisiveness beats out pump faking.

ManuTastic
05-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Nazr is muy better than Malik... already. Let's hope we can re-sign him. Any eastern teams looking for a Slovenian center?

ManuTastic
05-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Correction: maybe the Lakers would trade for Rasho? I don't think Brian Grant is quite the 'center' they need. Plus he 'knows the Spurs system,' so maybe they'd bite on that.

mrpach
05-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Trading Rasho? not sure nazr can guard shack...
at least rasho has played in postseason against him

SLOVENIAN 8
05-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Correction: maybe the Lakers would trade for Rasho? I don't think Brian Grant is quite the 'center' they need. Plus he 'knows the Spurs system,' so maybe they'd bite on that.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

PM5K
05-11-2005, 02:14 PM
I don't care for the 3+ pump fakes he does from time to time either, it was ok for a much smaller Malik Rose but if you are as big as Nazr is you go up and finish strong with two hands, maybe one or two pump fakes if it's called for but that's it....

T Park
05-11-2005, 02:15 PM

Brian Grant is TERRIBLE.

NOW, if they wanted to trade Chris Mihm and or Lamar Odom over yeah.

Id package Barry and Nesterovic for Odom.

Can you imagine Odom at the 3???

Mohammed
Duncan
Odom
Brown
Parker

what a starting 5 THAT would be.

MiNuS
05-11-2005, 02:36 PM
only bad thing I can say bad about him are the double fakes under the rim.
he should go straight to bucket and not let the defenders get over him.
Beautiful dunks with a "swoosh" sound.

Other than that HE IS WAY BETTER THAN RASHO! Rasho WHO????

mcshine
05-11-2005, 02:39 PM
I love this guy, and what he's done. I'd still like to see Rasho in cuz "you can't coach height" and he's a bit longer and a better shot blocker. But as for Nazr, I'me real tough on him. Pump fakes are good but sometime you gotta go up QUICK! (Layup or flush). He just has to be heady about when to do it. His rotations still need work-- especially when he comes over to bother layup drives. He's gotta be quicker to get into postion. Lastly-- and this kills me-- he seems to give up the most "And ones, old-fashioned three pointers" cuz he commits late fouls(when the dude's at the rim) or he doesn't commit a foul hard enough. I'me done bashing.

Wait, I read in a scouting report that he gets his shot blocked way too much for a guy his size and I don't want him shooting free throws at crunch time--even though he shoots it over 80%. With that said,

I love his contributions and hope he does well. Gimme 10 and 10 and you're golden.

T Park
05-11-2005, 02:40 PM
HE IS WAY BETTER THAN RASHO

the sky is blue, the ground in the summer is hard, what other obvious things do you have to post?

I said during the winter, and I said it when they traded for him.

This is the center, that is putting up David Robinson numbers circa 02 03, and he is also the same kind of guy who can give you what David gave then.

All dave did was defend, get garbage points, and rebound.

THATS ALL DUNCAN NEEDS TO HELP!!!!!

Horry is also filling the Rose role from 02 03 MORE than enough.

BTW, anyone notice how well hes playing in the second round this year?????

No more Horry haters either eh??

MiNuS
05-11-2005, 02:56 PM
the sky is blue, the ground in the summer is hard, what other obvious things do you have to post?

I said during the winter, and I said it when they traded for him.

This is the center, that is putting up David Robinson numbers circa 02 03, and he is also the same kind of guy who can give you what David gave then.

All dave did was defend, get garbage points, and rebound.

THATS ALL DUNCAN NEEDS TO HELP!!!!!

Horry is also filling the Rose role from 02 03 MORE than enough.

BTW, anyone notice how well hes playing in the second round this year?????

No more Horry haters either eh??

What?Pardon me, I guess you're ass don't smell.
What you wrote I have read 13,000 + times.
Get over yourself!

nkdlunch
05-11-2005, 03:18 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/images/2004-2005/BKN0511_spurs17_mohammed_bms.jpg

Louae
05-11-2005, 03:23 PM
You still believe Nazr hurt our chances at getting home court? In the trade agreement with NY was there a clause that Duncan, Manu, and Parker would have to miss games? Oh well, I'd better not start this up again.

If Duncan didn't go down, the Nazr trade wouldn't have mattered b/c he wouldn't have been getting many minutes to hurt or help us. Horry would've been getting the majority of bigman minutes off the bench. Nazr would've been getting the scraps at best.

But when Tim Duncan went down, Nazr had to play before he was really ready to contribute. There is no question that Malik Rose would've been more helpful than Nazr during that stretch. Whether having Malik Rose on the roster instead of Nazr would've helped us secure homecourt advantage over the Suns can be debated but never proven, either way. But there is no question, in my mind, that Malik Rose would done more to improve our chances to secure homecourt over the Suns than a Nazr Mohammad learning the system.

Spurminator
05-11-2005, 03:29 PM
We went 8-4 without Duncan. Unless you think we would have gone 11-1 with Malik in that same span, the point is moot.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2005, 05:46 PM
It's not like they went 0-10 with Duncan out :lol They also had Manu out.

Teams have been shooting easily over Malik for a year and a half prior to the trade, and also snatching rebounds from over his head. And he averages 1/5 the blocks per game that Nazr does.

It cracks me up than anyone thinks sliding a 6'4" guy over to the center position would somehow have slowed down the offense of other teams, or deter them from driving in the lane, but such is the myth of Malik Rose.

T Park
05-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Im still wondering when Malik will get inducted into the NBA hof.

dcole50
05-11-2005, 05:56 PM
^ haha.

i truly think nazr was the missing piece to our puzzle. i liked malik .. but i like our chances to win the title with nazr. sorry, malik.

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 05:58 PM
If Duncan didn't go down, the Nazr trade wouldn't have mattered b/c he wouldn't have been getting many minutes to hurt or help us. Horry would've been getting the majority of bigman minutes off the bench. Nazr would've been getting the scraps at best.

But when Tim Duncan went down, Nazr had to play before he was really ready to contribute. There is no question that Malik Rose would've been more helpful than Nazr during that stretch. Whether having Malik Rose on the roster instead of Nazr would've helped us secure homecourt advantage over the Suns can be debated but never proven, either way. But there is no question, in my mind, that Malik Rose would done more to improve our chances to secure homecourt over the Suns than a Nazr Mohammad learning the system.

Sorry man, but your idea that Malik would have helped us win HCA is impossible to prove. Not only that but the argument is very weak. How would Malik have made the difference? He didn't even make the difference on a regular basis when TD was playing next to him! There were other injures and games missed by other players during that same stretch.

I'm positive we got the better end of that trade. We will be saying the same things about NY next year that we have been saying this year. And you can look for improved numbers from Nazr next year.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-11-2005, 06:52 PM
The trade was a huge success for the Spurs, and the Knicks love Malik.

Win-win.

E20
05-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Nazr is huge and I hope he stays with the Spurs. Also in one game , after a foul he had the ball and for some reason just dunked it really hard and that had me laughing my ass off. Classic! :lol

mookie2001
05-11-2005, 07:47 PM
05 playoffs when playing 30+ min
14.0 ppg 12.5 rpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2005, 08:05 PM
05 playoffs when playing 30+ min
14.0 ppg 12.5 rpg

Malik would have had 20 and 15 ;)

texasqb2
05-11-2005, 10:39 PM
The trade was a huge success for the Spurs, and the Knicks love Malik.

Win-win.

Well I was in NY last week and wore my Spurs hat everywhere and you wouldnt believe how many people came up to me and said they wanted to take credit for us winning the title this year telling me that we STOLE Nazr from them and getting Malik is probably the worst thing they have done. They all say the same thing, "Malik gives great effort, but hes not a difference maker."

How happy do you think Nazr is now after spending the last 6 years in Atlanta and New York?

Louae
05-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Sorry man, but your idea that Malik would have helped us win HCA is impossible to prove. Not only that but the argument is very weak. How would Malik have made the difference?

First off, you must have missed the part of my post where I said..........

Whether having Malik Rose on the roster instead of Nazr would've helped us secure homecourt advantage over the Suns can be debated but never proven, either way.

Secondly, I've always maintained that the timing of the trade hurt our chances of gaining homecourt advantage over the Suns. I never said that the trade was the sole reason we lost homecourt advantage to the Suns. I base my opinion on the fact that despite our 8-4 record with Timmy out of the lineup (based on your numbers, I haven't checked them but I'm assuming you're correct), we did it in spite of Nazr's play, not b/c of it. Nazr stunk it up out there for the majority of time he was playing in Tim's absence. Now, if you're telling me that Malik Rose wouldn't have done better than the piss poor job Nazr was doing at the time and that this improvement wouldn't have helped our chances of gaining homecourt, then you're clueless. I feel this is a pretty strong argument. Feel free to disagree with my opinion if you wish, but don't expect me to believe that it's not a strong argument b/c it is.

He didn't even make the difference on a regular basis when TD was playing next to him! There were other injures and games missed by other players during that same stretch.

If you believe that, then you're just another idiot with an opinion. There's no question that TD's injury played a major role in our losing streak. But what you fail to mention is that Nazr was failing to contribute in Tim's absence rather than picking up the slack and helping us win games. Shit, Sean Marks was even taking his minutes. Again, I'm not bagging on Nazr, I wouldn't have expected much more than just getting some rebounds and putbacks every now and then. But he wasn't even giving us that at the time and that's why I was upset.

I'm positive we got the better end of that trade. We will be saying the same things about NY next year that we have been saying this year. And you can look for improved numbers from Nazr next year.

There's no question that we got the better of the trade. Shit, Nazr getting a chance to see the floor improves the trade for what we were paying Malik. At least now we have a live body playing whose capable of hitting the boards as opposed to a live body whose capable of hitting the boards and sitting on the bench.

Again, I give mad props to Nazr for producing in the playoffs. He's doing much more than I thought he would this year. I didn't think he'd be producing until next year if at all. That's what pissed me off about the trade. I'm happy that it's working out.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Who gives a shit about home court vs. Phoenix? Damn.

If we can't beat Phoenix 4 out of 7 times, no matter where we play, we don't deserve to win it.

yeahone
05-11-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm loving this guy more and more, especially his awareness on the court. How many airballs did he catch underneat the basket that he put back for dunks?

I think he's a tremendous rebounder and defender. He has been a nice surprise. Also he can hit his FTs better.

Great addition to the team.

How are we going to resign him?

Man, that Rasho contract is really pulling us down. What do we do about Rasho? His contract may hurt our chances of resigning Nazr, whom I'd rather have more than Rasho.

I think Rasho was given alot of chances and room to improve and he just hasn't improved or shown much improvement. Nazr on the other hand, I've seen more improvement in Nazr in the short time he's been here than I have in Rasho the past 2 seasons.

Anyways, glad to see Nazr playing on the floor. I'm feeling another Spurs Championship!!!

GO SPURS!
just shows the Genius we got as coach and GM :smokin

yeahone
05-12-2005, 12:00 AM

If we can't beat Phoenix 4 out of 7 times, no matter where we play, we don't deserve to win it.

i think the spurs are proving that they can win on who ever court it is we will beat phoenix.

yeahone
05-12-2005, 12:05 AM
Nazr....for the 3! hahaha That was great! At the end of the game, Nazr hits the 3.

:elephant :lol :spin
nazr for 33333333

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 12:10 AM
The whole home court thing just cracks me up more than anything. It's the only thing left for the Rose Colored Glasses Society to cling to as to why that trade sucked.

yeahone
05-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Big up Nazr spurs fans love you.

Louae
05-12-2005, 12:36 AM
The whole home court thing just cracks me up more than anything. It's the only thing left for the Rose Colored Glasses Society to cling to as to why that trade sucked.

AHF, it's the only reason why the RCGS was upset about the trade. If you could get your head out of your ass long enough, you might notice that. Everybody is happy that Nazr is producing. Don't go around acting like homecourt advantage doesn't mean shit b/c it does. It makes things a whole lot easier than it has to be.

Louae
05-12-2005, 12:37 AM

I guess this is your way of saying that I have a point.

:eyebrows

Louae
05-12-2005, 12:38 AM
just shows the Genius we got as coach and GM :smokin

agreed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 12:39 AM
The RCGS was saying everything from Nazr doesn't get our defense to he can't shoot FTs were reasons Malik was better. Bad hands, no jumper, etc.

Like I said, if we can't win at least one game on another team's floor with a spot in the Finals on the line, we don't deserve it.

And for the umpteenth time, we didn't lose home court because of the trade. That's stupid. We lost home court because Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan were both injured.

Louae
05-12-2005, 01:20 AM
The RCGS was saying everything from Nazr doesn't get our defense to he can't shoot FTs were reasons Malik was better. Bad hands, no jumper, etc.

Well, those are all valid reasons. IN FACT, they are still valid reasons. Nazr STILL isn't a good free throw shooter, he STILL doesn't have a jumper, he DOES have butter hands and he STILL has a lot of lapses on defense. But the man can clean up the junk. Boy, can he clean up the junk. And let me tell you, I'm sure happy he's good at cleaning up the junk b/c we've need that for a while. Hell, if Nazr had been doing this shit from the getgo, you wouldn't have heard a peep from the Rose lovers.

Like I said, if we can't win at least one game on another team's floor with a spot in the Finals on the line, we don't deserve it.

Ah, but that's assuming you win all your home games. More times than not, you need to win two road games if you want to win a series without homecourt advantange. Especially, if you don't win one of the first two games on the road. There is no fun in having to win 4 of the next 5 games of a series after dropping the first two on the road.

And for the umpteenth time, we didn't lose home court because of the trade. That's stupid. We lost home court because Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan were both injured.

For the umpteenth time, I never said we lost homecourt advantage b/c of the trade. But I did say that the trade didn't help us in gaining homecourt advantage. It was a risk that management took to possibly make the team better long-term by either having Nazr pan out or adding flexibility in a few years to add somebody who might. The trade wasn't intended to make the Spurs better for the playoffs. If it happened, it happened. It would've been icing on the cake. But if Rasho and TD didn't go down, we'd likely have TD and Rasho starting with Horry being the first big man off the bench. And Nazr would've been occupying Rasho's current role. That's right, RIDING THE PINE.

vincerodriguez23
05-12-2005, 02:34 AM
I like Nazr more than I do Rasho. He is almost like Rodman, he gets them rebounds, offensive and defensive. Nazr can score, but he could use some work underneath the basket with all them fakes. He'll be valuable on D when he goes up against Shaq. Nazr can shoot 3's too.

Your my boy Nazie

ca®lo
05-12-2005, 02:53 AM
i like what nazrs doin right now.. and what he has been doing from the start.

the trade... sad as it may seem. was worth it.

milkyway21
05-12-2005, 03:22 AM
Nazr can shoot 3's too.

wanna bet on Nazr's 3pt?

here's his answer when asked about it:

Finding the range: No one was more surprised by Nazr Mohammed's 3-pointer in the final seconds of Tuesday's victory than Mohammed himself.

The Spurs were running down the clock when Mohammed received the ball above the key. Rather than let the shot clock expire, he hoisted the 25-foot jumper, which bounced high off the rim before rattling in.

Mohammed turned to the Spurs' bench and shrugged.

"It was my first," Mohammed said. "And probably my last." :cry

In his seven seasons in the NBA, Mohammed had attempted only three 3-pointers, missing all of them.

..i hope you're JUST JOKING, Nazr! :lol

Tom_Foolery
05-12-2005, 03:26 AM
Dudettes, you need to stop getting your panties in a bunch.

Just give props to Nazr and move on.

Enough with this, "but he pump fakes too much" or "he cost us homecourt" crap.

Get real.

Spurs lost homecourt because Duncan missed 16 games and Nash missed only 6.

To blame it on Nazr is absolutely the most retarded thing I've heard.

We didn't win homecourt because of injuries to our starting 5 (except Bowen).

Accept it and get over it please.

Just give Nazr his props. If you don't think he deserves it, then why don't you make a "NAZR UNAPPRECIATION THREAD" or something lame like that.

Rose is great, but fact is this: he just didn't have the size.

Nazr may not be the size of Rasho, but he's a much better rebounder, much better defender, and much better finishing around the basket.

I think 99% of the fans would agree that they have seen more improvements in Nazr's time here than they have seen in Rasho's several years here.

If you disagree, I think you're in denial and need to seek psychiatric help.

WELCOME NAZR!

Slomo
05-12-2005, 04:55 AM
Nazr may not be the size of Rasho, but he's a much better rebounder, much better defender, and much better finishing around the basket.

I gave Nazr his props and I do like his performance lately, but "much better defender" is simply not true. He still has problems playing D. He may become a better defender, but he's not yet there.

BronxCowboy
05-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Dudettes, you need to stop getting your panties in a bunch.

Just give props to Nazr and move on.

Enough with this, "but he pump fakes too much" or "he cost us homecourt" crap.

Get real.

Spurs lost homecourt because Duncan missed 16 games and Nash missed only 6.

To blame it on Nazr is absolutely the most retarded thing I've heard.

We didn't win homecourt because of injuries to our starting 5 (except Bowen).

Accept it and get over it please.

Just give Nazr his props. If you don't think he deserves it, then why don't you make a "NAZR UNAPPRECIATION THREAD" or something lame like that.

Rose is great, but fact is this: he just didn't have the size.

I think 99% of the fans would agree that they have seen more improvements in Nazr's time here than they have seen in Rasho's several years here.

If you disagree, I think you're in denial and need to seek psychiatric help.

WELCOME NAZR!

You don't get it, do you? EVERYONE is glad that Nazr is playing well and appreciates what he is bringing to the team. This wasn't ever about whether he has improved since the trade or not. Some people are upset that dumbasses like T Park and AHF keep using the "props to Nazr" threads as a guise to work in backhanded bashes on Malik. If you want everybody to just give Nazr his props and support the Spurs and get along, then tell those two to stop bitching about Malik already. Nobody said anything about that until they brought it up. And, by the way, T Park and AHF, don't trip about me calling you dumbasses. You both know that you are and you like to keep shit stirred up. STFU. I'm done on this topic.

ChumpDumper
05-12-2005, 09:27 AM
much better defenderuntrue, for now at least.

Tom_Foolery
05-12-2005, 12:21 PM
I gave Nazr his props and I do like his performance lately, but "much better defender" is simply not true. He still has problems playing D. He may become a better defender, but he's not yet there.

He's a better defender than Rasho. That is obvious to most fans.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 12:26 PM
How is it backhanded? I hadn't even mentioned Malik in relation to Nazr in the last 3 weeks or so until I had to respond to Spurs Fan's whining in the AJ thread.

SO this is how it is now? When we prop a guy for his play, we're backhanding Malik?

Well shit, I guess whenever someone praises Tony Parker they're pissing on Avery's grave too huh?

Malik is gone and forgetten, unless I feel like needling someone on the board about it. And that's just the way it goes around here on all sides, you should know that by now.

All the Malik lovers were pointing and laughing when Nazr was trying to adjust to the Spurs and rambling on and on about how much better it would have been still having Malik around.

So Malik's not getting brought up any more by the Nazr lovers than he was by the haters.

I guess some folks like you need to bitch about it, because your homeboy Rose's stats are looking fairly pedestrian given what Nazr is doing for us in the playoffs so far.

So be it.

Slomo
05-12-2005, 12:32 PM
He's a better defender than Rasho. That is obvious to most fans. I disagree. Most knowledgeable fans disagree with this and there's a couple of threads where Rasho's contribution to the team is being discussed (if you haven't yet, check them - and by all mean contribute to the discussion there). If you care to check back to the threads that popped up after Rasho's injury you'll also see the shortcomings of Nazr discussed in great details. He has made progress - nobody is denying this - but he's not there yet.

And finally why does an appreciation thread have to become a Nazr vs. Rasho discussion? I do not know who you're thinking of when you say "most", but from what I've read in this forum I'd say than most fans are quite happy to have both players on the team.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:34 PM
It's not hard to see why Spurs fans are praising a rather run of the mill NBA bigman when they've had to suffer through 2 seasons of Radosoft starting in the middle.

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 12:35 PM
So, who do you hate more Sparky, Rasho or Nazr? :rolleyes

Slomo
05-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey SPARKY!!!! Nice to hear from you again!

Is it your nurse day off again? Forgoten to take your medicine again? Don't worry will just do what we did last time. We'll talk a little and then I'll agree with you on everything - that should calm you down enough for you to go back to your homoerotic dreams.

And don't worry I won't question your comitment as a Spurs fan - I know how this upsets you. So here: SPARKY is the Spurs greatest fan. He's such a great fan that he can actually look forward to a competitive team to beat us.

Now go to sleep little boy I'm sure that AJ will visit you in your dreams today.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Yeah, of course we can praise him when we were treated to a run of the mill big man named Malik Rose getting dunked on, shot over, and rebounded over.

Duh.

2centsworth
05-12-2005, 12:47 PM

Making sure a team is one and done on offense is good defense. Nazr is a beast on the boards.

2centsworth
05-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, of course we can praise him when we were treated to a run of the mill big man named Malik Rose getting dunked on, shot over, and rebounded over.

Duh.
I love Malik, but the constant jump shooting and turnovers drove me nutz.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 12:49 PM
BTW, Nazr is not quite at Rasho's level on help defense, but I think he will be by the start of next season (and he's making leaps and bounds in the playoffs so far).

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 12:50 PM
At least Malik can hit a fucking jumper occasionally, as well as be useful in shutting down an opponent's transition game, in addition to not being afraid to mix it up in the paint.

2centsworth
05-12-2005, 12:51 PM
At least Malik can hit a fucking jumper occasionally. exactly what the spurs needed, a big man who could hit an occassional jump shot.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 12:59 PM
At least Malik can hit a fucking jumper occasionally,

Hmm, who would I rather have taking a jumper than Rose
Tony
Manu
Duncan
Barry
Beno
Horry
Bowen

We don't need our center to take jump shots away from the guards (if you want that go be a Mavs fan), we need him to rebound and block shots.

Nazr gets his points without taking away touches from the guys who should be shooting. Contrast that with Malik "Black Hole" Rose.

as well as be useful in shutting down an opponent's transition game,

Yeah, Denver and Seattle sure have been killing us in transition. Good call there Sparky.

in addition to not being afraid to mix it up in the paint.

:lol have you even been watching Nazr play? He's got a meanstreak to go with his size.

Holy shit, Nazr is afraid to mix it up in the paint? Now you're really grasping for straws Marcus!

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 01:00 PM
exactly what the spurs needed, a big man who could hit an occassional jump shot.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

...as opposed to one who can't hit one at all, save for a lucky bounce at the end of a blowout.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 01:03 PM
We don't need our center to take jump shots away from the guards (if you want that go be a Mavs fan), we need him to rebound and block shots.

Yeah, it's never useful to have a big who can knock down a J. Yeah.

Nazr gets his points without taking away touches from the guys who should be shooting. Contrast that with Malik "Black Hole" Rose.

Nazr gets his points without the ability to shoot. Great.

Yeah, Denver and Seattle sure have been killing us in transition. Good call there Sparky.

...in spite of Nazr & Radosoft.

2centsworth
05-12-2005, 01:06 PM
...as opposed to one who can't hit one at all, save for a lucky bounce at the end of a blowout.
Yup! Spurs need a big man to clean up the boards, clog the middle, and get garbage points. Not to say Malik sucked, but his skills would fit in better somewhere else, say like Philadelphia.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Yeah, Malik never hit the boards, got second chance points, nor played strong in the paint in the postseason.

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 01:09 PM
hey Sparky: are you a Knicks fan or a Mavs fan? I can't figure it out.

Your certainly aren't a Spurs fan....

Malik, AJ and Antonio Daniels are gone. Oh, yeah, and the Admiral retired, too.

Just FYI...

2centsworth
05-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Yeah, Malik never hit the boards, got second chance points, nor played strong in the paint in the postseason.

He did, but Nazr is better in those areas. Plus, Nazr rarely turns the ball over or takes outside shots. That's why Nazr is a better fit for the spurs. I think Malik would kick but in Philly.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Nazr's inability to score the rock outside of 5 feet is not a plus in SA.

Nazr's not really better than Malik in those areas. Rasho? Sure.

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 01:19 PM

Nazr's not really better than Malik in those areas. Rasho? Sure.

Even if that's true, does it really matter? We have enough scorers. Nazr is there to play defense and get rebounds. He's doing a great job. Spurs have won 6 straight. What more do you want, man?

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 01:21 PM
I'd like to see a team not make shitty trades, for starters.

I'd like to see fans not make excuses for ownership being cheap.

I'd like to see fans recognize that Radosoft is a worthless piece of shit.

2centsworth
05-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Nazr's inability to score the rock outside of 5 feet is not a plus in SA. absolutely it is, it keeps him where the spurs need him. Reason why Nazr shoots a better percentage. I rather have layups over jumpshots any day.

Nazr's not really better than Malik in those areas. Rasho? Sure. Nazr without a doubt is better than Malik in those areas, it's not even close. Noticed how the sonics are not killing us on the offesive boards like they did when malik was playing.

Rasho is el bencho because of Nazr.

The other funny part is imagine if Nazr was actually healthy.

Here are the numbers to support my argument:

Rebounds per 48 mins.

Malik 11.13 Nazr 14.54

Turnovers per 48 mins.

Malik 3.22 Nazr 2.68

Blocks per 48mins.

Malik .49 Nazr 2.10

FG%

Malik 44% Nazr 48%

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 01:30 PM
How is Nazr for Malik a "shitty" trade? At the very worst, they are equal (although I believe Nazr will prove to be better in the long run).
EDIT: Looks like Nazr is better NOW :lol

Rasho is disappointing. I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded in the off season, and Mohammed become a permanent starter.

And until I become a millionaire with my own team, I can't really criticize Holt. It's not my money. As long as the Spurs keep winning, I'll be happy.

Useruser666
05-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Does Holt own 100% of the Spurs?
Is Holt Mark Cuban?

When Manu takes a jumper, Nazr is under the basket.
When Nazr takes a jumper, who is under the basket?

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Funny how for such a millionaire Holt Cat et al needs our money. But I know, we can't question him because you cannot question the Spurs because that would be like questioning the Pope or the Easter Bunny.

When Nazr takes a jumper, who is under the basket?

Tim Duncan. Not that I want Nazr doing so because he has a lesser chance of hitting that than TPark has of hitting anything other than the Bearded Lady.

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Wow. #s without a link. Go figure.

Useruser666
05-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Funny how for such a millionaire Holt Cat et al needs our money. But I know, we can't question him because you cannot question the Spurs because that would be like questioning the Pope or the Easter Bunny.

So the Spurs are a terrible team that never makes the playoffs. They never acquire anyone that helps the team. They constantly change coaches to try and make bad players or players who can't work together win. They have the most expensive tickets in the league. The are owned by a single person who has billions of dollars yet is tight with his money.

Oh wait, that's the Clippers not the Spurs.

Tim Duncan. Not that I want Nazr doing so because he has a lesser chance of hitting that than TPark has of hitting anything other than the Bearded Lady.

So then who would you rather have under the basket than Nazr?

Would you rather Nazr be taking jumpers than that person?

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Sparky - Holt does not "need" your money. If you don't like the Spurs, then boycott them. There are thousands of fans who will take your place.

Go root for a team with better ownership - like the Knicks! :lol

SPARKY
05-12-2005, 03:16 PM
So we should celebrate when the front office cuts corners in order to give ownership extra $? Fuck that.

Ownership has already milked all of you numbskulls with the arena tax. Why the fuck should you subsidize something that isn't as good as it could be?

ducks
05-12-2005, 03:23 PM
nazr is greater then rose
get back to me later when you can handle the truth
and the spurs record in postseason is good with nazr
and notice nazr still is the starter when rasho is already back
seems to me nazr is playing fine and pop loves rasho

SLOVENIAN 8
05-12-2005, 03:28 PM
I'd like to see fans recognize that Radosoft is a worthless piece of shit.
:rolleyes :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-12-2005, 06:38 PM

Yeah, with Tony, Manu, Brent, Devin, Bruce, Tim, Horry, and Beno out there the guy playing the five spot is going to have a lot of opportunities for jump shots.

Just say you miss your fuck buddy Rose and get it over with. Of course, if you had your way we'd also have 86 year old Jason Kidd and his bad knees at point guard, Manu would be in Denver, and we'd have Rose manning the front line next to Tim.

You'd have your wet dream, and we'd have first round playoff exits. Yay.

2centsworth
05-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Wow. #s without a link. Go figure.
Don't be lazy and go to ESPN and figure it out yourself.