PDA

View Full Version : Time for some Summer...

Fdawg07
05-17-2010, 02:16 AM
AHHHHH....Summer time has arrived.

I know some people have jobs in the real world, but as for us college students....it feels REAL good to be relaxin and having nothing to do until August! :downspin::downspin::downspin:

No major plans yet since it just started, but I may hit up Chicago to visit some family....

What about yall???

Sisk
05-17-2010, 02:50 AM
where do you go to school?

FalleNxWiZarDx
05-17-2010, 03:02 AM

I know some people have jobs in the real world, but as for us college students....it feels REAL good to be relaxin and having nothing to do until August! :downspin::downspin::downspin:

No major plans yet since it just started, but I may hit up Chicago to visit some family....

What about yall???

Well, I have a job and go to school.... but as for me, playing more basketball

The Reckoning
05-17-2010, 03:55 AM
lazy ass. get an internship or take summer classes.

Bukefal
05-17-2010, 05:46 AM
lol lucky guy. :toast

I have some more exams coming up :depressed

Udokafan05
05-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Damn, must be nice. I start summer classes in June.

SourCandy
05-17-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm going to school and got a job. Need to get ahead some how. Perhaps a break is what we all need.

z0sa
05-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Damn, must be nice. I start summer classes in June.

Same, but I don't mind.

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2010, 01:28 PM

What about yall???

Interviewer:

Hmmmm...I see some significant breaks in your resume time line. I know you went to school, but what about summer internships? How about summer jobs?

You:

Naaa...Summer jobs are for those losers that have to work to go to school. Schools hard, ya know? I needed to rest in the summer and hang with my homes.

Interviewer:

NEXT!

mavs>spurs2
05-17-2010, 01:35 PM
man im takin 2 classes in the summer and workin..i wish i could just sit on my ass and do nothin or take a trip somewhere but i'm broke!

Udokafan05
05-17-2010, 01:42 PM
man im takin 2 classes in the summer and workin..i wish i could just sit on my ass and do nothin or take a trip somewhere but i'm broke!

i have to take 2 spanish classes and work, last summer was great just working

mookie2001
05-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Interviewer:

Hmmmm...I see some significant breaks in your resume time line. I know you went to school, but what about summer internships? How about summer jobs?

You:

Naaa...Summer jobs are for those losers that have to work to go to school. Schools hard, ya know? I needed to rest in the summer and hang with my homes.

Interviewer:

NEXT!

Oh yeah right

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Oh yeah right

Do you REALLY think potential employers don't notice when you have a degree but absolutely no job experience? It goes directly to motivation and work ethic and the person who had varied work experience along with the degree will get the job every time over one that didn't.

mookie2001
05-17-2010, 02:07 PM
How do you know he has no job experience?

Even if he doesn't it's a stretch but whatever we all know you have management experience and a small business, congratulations employer

Tom Slick
05-17-2010, 02:12 PM
How do you know he has no job experience?

Even if he doesn't it's a stretch but whatever we all know you have management experience and a small business, congratulations employer

:lmao didn't you know CC was a certified badass scrah? even before he was an employer, he once lifted his old boss 10 feet off the ground by his throat and threatened to kill him!

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Damn, you losers sure are sensitive...:lol

clambake
05-17-2010, 02:27 PM
cowboys right.

you kids will find out soon enough.

Sisk
05-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Problem with CC and clam is, they're not looking at when you took classes or how many hours you took per semester but just the fact that you have a degree. Work history during college isn't going to be some significant point in most jobs. I am all for work experience over college but in today's world the vast majority of corporations see degrees as overlapping a useful, experienced employee.

So my point is they wont know if he took summers off or not but they'll just know he has a diploma and that's what matters to them. As long as he has a decent work history he wont have to worry about much.

clambake
05-17-2010, 03:06 PM
yeah, right. my landscaper has a degree.

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 03:11 PM

in landscaping? that's his fault

Duff McCartney
05-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Do you REALLY think potential employers don't notice when you have a degree but absolutely no job experience? It goes directly to motivation and work ethic and the person who had varied work experience along with the degree will get the job every time over one that didn't.

Bullshit. If he graduates with high grades, that says more about motivation and work ethic than having a job during college. And what jobs is he gonna have while in college? Working at the book store or some such? I think they will look and see if he has Cum Laude next to his diploma and how many times he made the Deans List.

CubanSucks
05-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I still have to work but it does feel amazing to get those classes over with. What I'm not looking forward to is attempting to volunteer at a hospital which I really need to do.

Sisk
05-17-2010, 03:30 PM

I didn't say a degree guarantees you a job or a good one, I just said they care about degrees. Having a degree doesn't make you good at interviews, have people skills, or anything else for that matter. One of my favorite quotes regarding degree's is: "A degree doesn't open doors but keeps them from closing."

Bottom line is they aren't going to not hire someone because they didn't work during summer at the local grocery store.

clambake
05-17-2010, 03:33 PM
get off my ass. i'm only here to back up the old fart on the ranch.

Sisk
05-17-2010, 03:35 PM
get off my ass. i'm only here to back up the old fart on the ranch.

:lmao:lmao

mookie2001
05-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I would never hire a guy who I know took a summer off during college

yall are kids, I'm a small business owner!

/ where have you gone Joe DiMaggio ?? /

The Reckoning
05-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Bullshit. If he graduates with high grades, that says more about motivation and work ethic than having a job during college. And what jobs is he gonna have while in college? Working at the book store or some such? I think they will look and see if he has Cum Laude next to his diploma and how many times he made the Deans List.

yeah right: who you know is first, work experience (internships affiliated with planned field to work in) is second, alma mater is third, grades is fourth.

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2010, 09:55 PM

Yeah, keep telling yourself that Duff. When you finally graduate at thirty I'm sure the employers will be rushing the fences and salivating over your remarkable GPA in a worthless degree plan. You might even need a bodyguard.

v2freak
05-18-2010, 03:44 PM
Enjoy your summer, friend!

Duff McCartney
05-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Yeah, keep telling yourself that Duff. When you finally graduate at thirty I'm sure the employers will be rushing the fences and salivating over your remarkable GPA in a worthless degree plan. You might even need a bodyguard.

A worthless degree plan? Okay CosmicCowboy..we all know you're a bad ass. Don't hate...love.

Sisk
05-18-2010, 05:12 PM

Where's your retort to my post?
:depressed

Fdawg07
05-18-2010, 06:21 PM
where do you go to school?

I go to Texas A&M in College Station. I've actually had a few jobs in past summers. This time i'm going to help my parents out at their business because of the rough economy and then maybe take some summer classes. It's not like i've taken summers off before. Even while working at my parents store and only taking 2 classes...this is my most chill summer in about 3 years. That's why i'm pretty excited to have some free time to visit my sister who goes to school outside of Chicago. (Our school timings are usually off, so I never get to see her).

Sp Ginobili 20
05-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Going to France for school. Can't wait!

Sisk
05-18-2010, 06:48 PM
I go to Texas A&M in College Station. I've actually had a few jobs in past summers. This time i'm going to help my parents out at their business because of the rough economy and then maybe take some summer classes. It's not like i've taken summers off before. Even while working at my parents store and only taking 2 classes...this is my most chill summer in about 3 years. That's why i'm pretty excited to have some free time to visit my sister who goes to school outside of Chicago. (Our school timings are usually off, so I never get to see her).

College Station? No shit. I go to school up there, should be at A&M in the Spring