PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Insider: Parker Tied to New York(Parker denies but chatter persists)

TheSpursFNRule
05-17-2010, 03:21 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?date=20100516&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2ffeatures%2frumors%3fdate%3d20100516#16113

can someone with Insider post this?

sucks that these fucking rumors won't end.

xellos88330
05-17-2010, 03:39 AM
It was just that a rumor. Didn't say anything about a trade scenario or anything. It also said that NY would be able to possibly sign Tony to a max deal after his contract with the Spurs is up.

TP denied rumor.

SpursTillTheEnd
05-17-2010, 04:53 AM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3796/54en6.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/i/54en6.jpg/)

SpurCharger
05-17-2010, 10:15 AM
I hope it dont Happen, The Knicks Have Nobody on there Roster Worth Taking except David Lee..... And even he is undersized.....

dbestpro
05-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Lee and Gallinari. The delimma is if you do not try and do something now, what do you do when he walks next year for nothing. I feel he is a businessman first. He's got his rings, Now it will be tiime to make his money. Max contracts aside, that is done through endorsement deals in NY.

Dex
05-17-2010, 10:28 AM
I love "if you report it, it must be true" journalism.

SenorSpur
05-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Yawn.

TFloss32
05-17-2010, 11:23 AM
There was a lot of Tony Parker talk on 760 this morning. Peter Burns mentioned that a buddy of his texted him yesterday about seeing Parker's dad out this weekend, and how he was spouting off about Tony not being in a Spurs uniform much longer. This is how rumors get started and why they won't go away.

The Spurs may trade Tony Parker, but it won't be to New York. The man doesn't necessarily want to leave San Antonio, he just wants to get paid.

MateoNeygro
05-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Keep Tony unless an unbelievable trade comes up.

lefty
05-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Keep Tony unless an unbelievable trade comes up.
TOny for a scrub

Please

temujin
05-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Lee and Gallo for Parker in a millisecond.

Plus a passable PG plus Splitter,
minus Jefferson and the Spurs are contenders again.

Mark in Austin
05-17-2010, 04:23 PM
The only player I'd want from NY is Wilson Chandler. That guy knows how to play & win.

But I wouldn't trade Parker for him.

05-17-2010, 04:31 PM
only person on the knicks that i would like to see with the spurs is david lee. it's possible through a sign and trade but knicks need to offer a lot more than lee for parker.

MaNu4Tres
05-17-2010, 04:35 PM
only person on the knicks that i would like to see with the spurs is david lee. it's possible through a sign and trade but knicks need to offer a lot more than lee for parker.

Why would the Spurs want to spend an extra 10-12 million dollars a year on another front-court player, when Splitter is pretty much coming over here for less than half that price?

With Splitter the front-court is pretty much set with Duncan/Splitter/McDyess and Blair. The value of his 10-12 million dollar contract on the Spurs would be one of the worst with the minutes available in the front-court.

Now if we were talking about Bosh or an elite big man, where the drop-off in talent is more significant then I'd think it would be worth it.

But IMO David Lee is not an elite big man and I don't think the drop-off in talent between Splitter and Lee is significant enough to warrant a 10-12 million salary addition to the already set front-court(if Splitter comes over) .

Don't get me wrong Lee had a great year last year, but IMO Lee's numbers were inflated with the system he was in. Those numbers and his productivity wouldn't be anywhere near the same in the Spurs system.

IMO It's pretty dumb basketball economics to make a move for Lee with Splitter coming over.

Blackjack
05-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Yawn.

The Knicks want him, too. :depressed

mingus
05-17-2010, 05:08 PM
I like Chandler and Gallo. if Hill makes the jump in improvement from this year to next that he made from last year to this year, it might not be a bad idea to look to NY for an offer.

Cane
05-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Maybe work out a 3-way trade to somehow get Bosh....

SenorSpur
05-17-2010, 05:29 PM
I like Chandler and Gallo. if Hill makes the jump in improvement from this year to next that he made from last year to this year, it might not be a bad idea to look to NY for an offer.

The problem is the Knicks have a shit roster.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 05:40 PM
The Knicks want him, too. :depressed

:rollin

Muser
05-17-2010, 05:42 PM
David Lee is horribly overrated...

Mel_13
05-17-2010, 06:00 PM
David Lee is horribly overrated...

And this summer he'll be horribly overpaid. He'll have plenty of company in that category. Bosh, Joe Johnson, and Boozer will get max or near-max contracts that none of them will live up to.

MaNu4Tres
05-17-2010, 06:02 PM
And this summer he'll be horribly overpaid. He'll have plenty of company in that category. Bosh, Joe Johnson, and Boozer will get max or near-max contracts that none of them will live up to.

Agreed :tu

Closest ones living up to their max deals would be Bosh and Boozer.

4>0rings
05-17-2010, 06:06 PM
If Tony could get a max deal he should split. As much hate he gets here in SA I wouldn't blame the guy, but I hope he doesn't. He'll be back to burn the Spurs though.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:10 PM

Agreed :tu

Closest ones living up to their max deals would be Bosh and Boozer.

Boozer? He won't come close. The thing is that with the way the NBA works, there are tiers of players.

Their is a tier for max money players, but you will get a wide array of production from top to bottom. Lebron/Wade...those guys are in the same tier as Bosh money wise, but the production and results will vary greatly. But you can't bump a guy like Bosh out of that tier, because, like people have said, someone will technically over pay. At least in comparison to max money. But by that logic, really everyone outside of a few players are overpaid in that tier.

MaNu4Tres
05-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Boozer? He won't come close. The thing is that with the way the NBA works, there are tiers of players.

Their is a tier for max money players, but you will get a wide array of production from top to bottom. Lebron/Wade...those guys are in the same tier as Bosh money wise, but the production and results will vary greatly. But you can't bump a guy like Bosh out of that tier, because, like people have said, someone will technically over pay. At least in comparison to max money. But by that logic, really everyone outside of a few players are overpaid in that tier.

My point was Boozer would be closer than Joe Johnson living up to the max money he will receive.

I didn't say Boozer would live up to his max deal I said he would be one of the closest ones in the (Bosh, Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay, David Lee, ect. sector).

I'm aware of the tiers of players in the NBA. Thanks for the reminder though.

TD 21
05-17-2010, 06:35 PM
He may want to go to New York...if the Spurs were to trade him. But I don't think he wants to be traded. Conveniently, that's the part that these articles out of New York are leaving out. So technically they may not be wrong, but that's a key piece of information to leave out.

Agree 100% MaNu4Tres with Lee not making sense for the Spurs. Not only will Splitter cost roughly half the price, but his physical tools and skill set make him (theoretically) a far better fit for the Spurs than Lee would be.

wijayas
05-17-2010, 06:41 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?date=20100516&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2ffeatures%2frumors%3fdate%3d20100516#16113

can someone with Insider post this?

sucks that these fucking rumors won't end.

Spurs' Parker wants to become a Knick?
By Mark J. Miller

San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker(notes) may be headed out of Texas in the direction of New York sometime this summer.
Parker isn't one of the seven billion megatalents that become free agents this summer but the New York Daily News reported this weekend that Parker has told pals that he would like to be traded to the lowly New York Knicks.
He averaged 16 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 5.7 assists per game this season and led his team into he second round of the playoffs before being ousted by the Phoenix Suns.
Parker has denied his interest, but sources tell the Daily News he's interested. It might be nice for the 28-year-old Parker to head to New York, particularly for his actress wife, Eva Longoria.
The problem is that that the Knicks might not have one thing the Spurs would like.
Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill.
Source: New York Daily News

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Spurs-Parker-wants-to-become-a-Knick-;_ylt=AgZqeEwBMabcvOMSK3ewNPe8vLYF?urn=nba,241413

ffadicted
05-17-2010, 06:52 PM
aah, I remember Ginobili rumors last offseason... what an injury plagued year will do lol

vander
05-17-2010, 06:57 PM
aah, I remember Ginobili rumors last offseason... what an injury plagued year will do lol

and since re-signing Manu was obviously a mistake, maybe the Spurs have learned from it.

TD era is over, I'd trade TP for a couple first round picks, Manu too

tank 2010/11 :lol

ffadicted
05-17-2010, 07:01 PM
and since re-signing Manu was obviously a mistake, maybe the Spurs have learned from it.

Good idea it's time, we had a great fucking run :cry

05-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Why would the Spurs want to spend an extra 10-12 million dollars a year on another front-court player, when Splitter is pretty much coming over here for less than half that price?

With Splitter the front-court is pretty much set with Duncan/Splitter/McDyess and Blair. The value of his 10-12 million dollar contract on the Spurs would be one of the worst with the minutes available in the front-court.

Now if we were talking about Bosh or an elite big man, where the drop-off in talent is more significant then I'd think it would be worth it.

But IMO David Lee is not an elite big man and I don't think the drop-off in talent between Splitter and Lee is significant enough to warrant a 10-12 million salary addition to the already set front-court(if Splitter comes over) .

Don't get me wrong Lee had a great year last year, but IMO Lee's numbers were inflated with the system he was in. Those numbers and his productivity wouldn't be anywhere near the same in the Spurs system.

IMO It's pretty dumb basketball economics to make a move for Lee with Splitter coming over.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 07:32 PM
My point was Boozer would be closer than Joe Johnson living up to the max money he will receive.

I didn't say Boozer would live up to his max deal I said he would be one of the closest ones in the (Bosh, Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay, David Lee, ect. sector).

I'm aware of the tiers of players in the NBA. Thanks for the reminder though.

You are not as smart as you think you are. My point was not to you, but in general, so take that attitude else where.

MaNu4Tres
05-17-2010, 07:43 PM
You are not as smart as you think you are. My point was not to you, but in general, so take that attitude else where.

Lol: grow up...and sorry but I thought it was aimed towards me since you quoted me .. I don't know how else you expect me to take that

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Lol: grow up...and sorry but I thought it was aimed towards me since you quoted me .. I don't know how else you expect me to take that

I quoted someone else as well. LOL at the grow up comment when you make little snide remarks.

MaNu4Tres
05-17-2010, 08:02 PM
You obviously have a problem with me and I could give 2 shits about that.. I'm not quit sure where it started but I've noticed it for a while now. If you have a problem with my posts by all means correct them as you please, just don't be surprised if if I fire back snide remarks" when you purposely throw out basic terminology in a condencending manner.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Crofl. You are self conscious and take things way too serious. I have absolutely no problem with you and I hardly ever talk to you on this board.

LOL at basic terminology. I see you using ground breaking basketball terminology such as "Boozer will be closer to Joe at living up to max money". I need a dictionary.

Like I said, I quoted a post with yours and made a point about guys being overpaid in that tier.

Your own personal hang ups caused you to take that as a slight. You have the problem, not me.

MaNu4Tres
05-17-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm cool as a cucumber.. I'm just saying things like it is or so it seems.

oligarchy
05-17-2010, 08:27 PM
lulz... quoting someone and then saying you weren't talking to them after getting owned. Morons are fun.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 08:43 PM
I quoted 2 people and made a general comment touching on what they said. It was not a direct shot at the individual but a comment in reference to what they said. Shhh.

oligarchy
05-17-2010, 08:59 PM
reading classes would help. smart guy.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Oh, hi Oligarchy! What does that even mean :lol

Big P
05-17-2010, 09:35 PM

A true fan..:rolleyes

oligarchy
05-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Oh, hi Oligarchy! What does that even mean :lol

It means you're a fucking idiot.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 09:43 PM
It means you're a fucking idiot.

Hey, Oligarchy! How have you been?

oligarchy
05-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Hey, Oligarchy! How have you been?

You think you're so smart, don't you? I wasn't even talking to you; I was talking in general.

:sleep

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Whats up, Oligarchy! Good to see you again! We have missed you around here.

oligarchy
05-17-2010, 09:49 PM
I DGS09279S9N1, you're so cool. Make sure you post right after me -- if you do, you're gay.

Mel_13
05-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Boozer? He won't come close.

I see there's been some back and forth on this.:lol

Anyway, max possible starting salary for Boozer will be around 16.8M next season. He made 12.3M last season as he completed his fourth consecutive season in which he averaged a double/double. The three other players who have averaged a double/double in each of the last four seasons are Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, and Zach Randolph. He's got the same agent as Kobe.

I speculated that Boozer would get a max or near-max deal. A starting salary above his current 12.3M is, IMO, a pretty safe bet. How close he gets to the max will be determined, in large part, by where the bigger fish wind up. In a perfect world for Boozer, Stoudemire stays in Phoenix while LeBron/Bosh/John Wall/Calipari all go to New Jersey. Then he could become the beneficiary of a bidding war between the Knicks and Miami. Of course, there are dozens of other possible scenarios less advantageous to Boozer.

We'll find out in less two months, but I'll bet Boozer ends up closer to the max than to his 2009-10 salary.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Oh, I agree with that, but I was refuting that of all the max money type guys respectively that Boozer won't perform close to what he is being paid. He will put up decent numbers, but they will be empty stats imo.

He won't be an impact player at that amount of money.

Mel_13
05-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Oh, I agree with that, but I was refuting that of all the max money type guys respectively that Boozer won't perform close to what he is being paid. He will put up decent numbers, but they will be empty stats imo.

He won't be an impact player at that amount of money.

To be clear, that was exactly my original point.

vander
05-17-2010, 10:52 PM
A true fan..:rolleyes

so, a true fan doesn't want his team to reload and get back into contention, a true fan wants to see his favorite team squalor around in futility/misery for a few more years first?

you must really hate that 97 season.

J_Paco
05-17-2010, 11:03 PM
so, a true fan doesn't want his team to reload and get back into contention, a true fan wants to see his favorite team squalor around in futility/misery for a few more years first?

you must really hate that 97 season.

But, who are you to assume they can't get back into the title hunt? The Celtics looked DOA at the end of the regular season, yet now their a legit threat to win the ECF. The Spurs need to make intelligent moves in free agency and the draft, while also hoping that things fall their way with health/chemistry.

Why should they squander the last two years of Timmy's career trying to completely "reload?" Unless, you're okay with them having to be lottery bound for the next season or two? I'd rather they make smart off-season maneuvers and then going back to a more defensive-minded line-up/strategy.

TheSpursFNRule
05-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Spurs' Parker wants to become a Knick?
By Mark J. Miller

San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker(notes) may be headed out of Texas in the direction of New York sometime this summer.
Parker isn't one of the seven billion megatalents that become free agents this summer but the New York Daily News reported this weekend that Parker has told pals that he would like to be traded to the lowly New York Knicks.
He averaged 16 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 5.7 assists per game this season and led his team into he second round of the playoffs before being ousted by the Phoenix Suns.
Parker has denied his interest, but sources tell the Daily News he's interested. It might be nice for the 28-year-old Parker to head to New York, particularly for his actress wife, Eva Longoria.
The problem is that that the Knicks might not have one thing the Spurs would like.
Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill.
Source: New York Daily News

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Spurs-Parker-wants-to-become-a-Knick-;_ylt=AgZqeEwBMabcvOMSK3ewNPe8vLYF?urn=nba,241413

Thank you! :hat

TheSpursFNRule
05-18-2010, 12:36 AM

You really believe resigning Manu was an obvious mistake? Explain why?

Ginobilly
05-18-2010, 12:56 AM
The only way for parker to get a max contract out of the Spurs in our current situation is for the Spurs to win another championship and parker being a big part of it. Otherwise, no. The Spurs should explore other options if they think it will propel them for serious title runs. You'll know Tim Duncan will probably trade half the team(including Manu,Parker) if you told him he will win another championship. Would we want the Spurs to become the phoenix suns of the 2010's?

Chubby_Love
05-18-2010, 01:53 AM
David Lee would be a great addition to this team, but not at the expense of letting Parker go to New York! If we can get rid of Jeffersons junk contract, and send some pics or dump Mason and Bogans, then it can happen. We need Splitter, and another big man.

DesignatedT
05-18-2010, 03:25 AM
this is retarded. tony doesnt want to go to fucking new york. get over it.

Bukefal
05-18-2010, 04:38 AM
this is retarded. tony doesnt want to go to fucking new york. get over it.

Exactly, and why would NY be particular nice for Eva ? Even if it would be like that, than she would rather be in LA don't you think? But, Eva loves SA, so this is crap. All the crap reporters are writing is unbelievable.

Tony isn't going anywhere and Eva doesn't want to go anywhere. He wants to stay in SA and is going to stay in SA.

bishopospurs
05-18-2010, 08:20 AM
First off, I don't think Tony will be going to NY, however, Thierry Henry is being linked to serious discussions with the New York Red Bull. Apparently Henry and Parker are good friends, seems like it would be something if they could both pull NY franchises out of their losing ways.
This isn't the year to speculate on Parker's departure. He isn't a free agent, and the Spurs organization would never trade Tony to NY as it stands right now.
After the offseason, and NY has gone on their spending spree, probably over paying several players the trade deadline will be the best time to guess/worry. New York will have tradable pieces at that point. All these teams are going to be shuffling the decks and they won't all work out. Depending on how the season starts for the Spurs, that is the time to speculate. Plus, I don't think Henry is going to start playing till the beginning of the next MLS season, which would starts a little after the NBA trade deadline I believe.

K-State Spur
05-18-2010, 08:21 AM
David Lee would be a great addition to this team, but not at the expense of letting Parker go to New York! If we can get rid of Jeffersons junk contract, and send some pics or dump Mason and Bogans, then it can happen. We need Splitter, and another big man.

I don't dislike Lee, but he doesn't add anything that this team needs. He's not a shotblocker, he's not a perimeter shooter, and he's a terrible defensive big.

Brazil
05-18-2010, 08:25 AM
First off, I don't think Tony will be going to NY, however, Thierry Henry is being linked to serious discussions with the New York Red Bull. Apparently Henry and Parker are good friends, seems like it would be something if they could both pull NY franchises out of their losing ways.
This isn't the year to speculate on Parker's departure. He isn't a free agent, and the Spurs organization would never trade Tony to NY as it stands right now.
After the offseason, and NY has gone on their spending spree, probably over paying several players the trade deadline will be the best time to guess/worry. New York will have tradable pieces at that point. All these teams are going to be shuffling the decks and they won't all work out. Depending on how the season starts for the Spurs, that is the time to speculate. Plus, I don't think Henry is going to start playing till the beginning of the next MLS season, which would starts a little after the NBA trade deadline I believe.

lol at thinking that one of the TP reasons to sign for NY could be his buddy Henry

bishopospurs
05-18-2010, 08:29 AM
lol at thinking that one of the TP reasons to sign for NY could be his buddy Henry

Somebody doesn't understand marketing:lol:lol

Way to half read, I said Tony isn't getting traded, and he won't this off season. I said depending on how the season plays out, the trade deadline is more realistic as far as trading Tony goes for the Spurs FO when considering NY. I don't know if you have ever been to NYC, but I live here, and I guarantee if Henry and Parker both came here you wouldn't be able to walk five feet without seeing the French nationals on every billboard selling every product from food to tampons. So if you think about endorsements involved, I would imagine it would soften the blow a little on how Tony feels being dealt away from a team he helped make a dynasty.

I love Tony as a player, I don't want the spurs to trade him, and I don't think they should unless the trade was unreal like Bosh and a first round pick, but that isn't going to happen.

admiralsnackbar
05-18-2010, 08:36 AM

Mason and Bogans are both FAs, so no need to worry about them. KB may return based on what the FO is able to do over the summer, but I doubt that it was lost on them that his defense was rarely good enough to justify his offensive shortcomings.

Bukefal
05-18-2010, 08:58 AM

Henry now? :rollin

come on man, please. this is bs. how can you seriously think henry is a factor in this. The fact that people even bring henry up in these speculation discussions is ridiculous. haha as brasil said very well, lol at thinking henry could be a reason. :lol

Please mods, close this thread. It should be.

bishopospurs
05-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Has anyone ever been to France or NYC? I don't understand how marketing comes into the equation for Lebron coming to NY but it disappears when Henry and Parker come into play.

Even Grant Wahl, one of my favorite SI writers brings up Tony Parker in relationship to Henry in this article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/grant_wahl/05/17/henry.quickthoughts/index.html?eref=sihp

I am just curious. All the talk about Parker wanting to move because of Eva is way worse than a marketing strategy that I am not saying would be the reason for Parker wanting to leave, I never said that, but it sure as hell wouldn't hurt.

Bukefal
05-18-2010, 09:27 AM

Has anyone ever been to France or NYC? I don't understand how marketing comes into the equation for Lebron coming to NY but it disappears when Henry and Parker come into play.

Even Grant Wahl, one of my favorite SI writers brings up Tony Parker in relationship to Henry in this article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/grant_wahl/05/17/henry.quickthoughts/index.html?eref=sihp

I am just curious. All the talk about Parker wanting to move because of Eva is way worse than a marketing strategy that I am not saying would be the reason for Parker wanting to leave, I never said that, but it sure as hell wouldn't hurt.

What does having been to France or NY have to do with this? lol Yeah i have been to FRance, :rolleyes

Come on man, marketing hasn't anything to do with this, especially not with Henry and Parker and New York. Or with Parker going to New York faster because of Henry. Parker is having more marketing in SA than that he would go to NY and be joined by Henry as you say.

I don't even know what to say anymore, because this doesn't make sense and is ridiculous.

Besides, the article only says parker can give him advice on how to make it in NY. He's not making a ridiculous link between the two both playing in NY or something. I dont know where in that article you saw something about getting henry into relationship with parker as a reason for him to go to NY. :bang

bishopospurs
05-18-2010, 10:04 AM
If you think San Antonio can give Tony Parker more marketing dollars than New York City you are out of your mind. The reason I say you kids should see NY because whatever city you live in you can't imagine the insane amount of of ads there are around NY.
Obviously there are more retail stores and frankly more Knick fans, especially if the Knicks starting winning. THere are just more people in NY than San Antonio, so yes, marketing dollars would be higher here. That is all I am saying. That is why San Antonio is considered a "small market team". I lived in SA and I currently live in NY. There is a big difference between what is possible marketing wise between the two cities.
People make money off of athletes, and I am just saying that were Henry and Parker to both be in NY playing there would be a marketing ploy to capitalize. The Grant Wahl article was going for the friends angle, which I think means nothing, but why name drop Tony, because readers know Tony Parker, he is trying to draw his readers in. It is business, good business to link the two together.

admiralsnackbar
05-18-2010, 10:22 AM
I don't doubt that Tony could bank in New York, but at the same time, France is bigger than NYC, and Tony is bigger there than he could ever be in NYC. All to say that he has his financial bases more than covered.

Is he greedy enough to feel a need to supplement his income by adding NYC to his portfolio? Maybe. But I also think he's more level-headed than he gets credit for. His wife has family here, he and Eva (whose "brand" is dependent on being a TX girl, at least ostensibly) have had a home here for years, and NY has yet to prove it can put a competitive squad on the floor (competitive relevance being important enough to him to have accepted a reduced salary with the Spurs... which also undermines the idea that he's simply in it for the $$$).

Bukefal
05-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Henry going to new york, yeah thats marketing, only for the MLS NY team, maybe. But marketing and henry being a reason for parker to go to ny? that is bullshit. I dont get how do you link those two and henry being a reason for tp go to ny. To think that TP would more likely go to NY because of Henry and marketing together with Henry is ridiculous.

And even if, i dont think the both of them will have any significant marketing impact in NY. Talking about lebron going to ny, yes that would be a major marketing, but parker together with henry in new york? dont think so.

But its pointless, in the first place these whole speculations are pointless, tp isnt going anywhere and second, to think henry will be a reason for him to go there, is the biggest BS, so i don't even know why im still responding and discussing this.

Pistons < Spurs
05-18-2010, 11:25 AM
WojYahooNBA

For Knicks fans pining for Tony Parker, forget it. A sign-and-trade for David Lee doesn't interest Spurs. Doesn't fit their salary structure

lurker23
05-18-2010, 11:25 AM
From Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter:

"For Knicks fans pining for Tony Parker, forget it. A sign-and-trade for David Lee doesn't interest Spurs. Doesn't fit their salary structure"

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Edit: Good job beating me to the punch, Pistons<Spurs.

Creation88
05-18-2010, 12:10 PM
This takes Tony off the board to the Knicks. They have no other pieces.

Cane
05-18-2010, 12:15 PM

Couldn't the Spurs work out a 3-way trade if they don't want anything from the Knicks but can find someone that does?

safetypickle
05-18-2010, 12:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLD19ypf4uw

jag
05-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Gotta love the people who want to work a trade just for the sake of trading.

"I wish the Spurs would trade their youngest and best player so that something exciting will happen!!!"

jag
05-18-2010, 12:46 PM

:lol

Bukefal
05-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Gotta love the people who want to work a trade just for the sake of trading.

"I wish the Spurs would trade their youngest and best player so that something exciting will happen!!!"

Exactly, that's probably what its all about. Just for the sake of trading and maybe because they dislike and disrespect him, like many. He is our best player, he is an elite player, and even if he's traded, we won't get a elite player back.

Creation88
05-18-2010, 02:10 PM

:lmao not for Tony.

Mal
05-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Gallinari, this wooden macaroni, who can only shoot three and make stupid glances for Parker ? is someone nuts

NewJerSpur
05-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Anything outside of either Lee or Chandler + a draft pick(s) and the talks would have to end....if it ever got to that point.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Anything outside of either Lee or Chandler + a draft pick(s) and the talks would have to end....if it ever got to that point.

They don't even have a 1st round pick til 2013.

NewJerSpur
05-18-2010, 07:11 PM

I'll take it and possibly that Walker that came over from Boston as well. Chandler or Lee need to be in that conversation though.

yavozerb
05-18-2010, 07:13 PM

Only team that makes any sense is memphis. OJ Mayo + early 1st rd pick for TP and I think the spurs would think about it. NY is definatly behind these rumours..

DPG21920
05-18-2010, 07:51 PM
I just don't see why Memphis would do that. Would TP resign? I don't think he would and you are giving up OJ for a rental? Not to mention, does TP put them over the top along with a couple of other moves?

yavozerb
05-18-2010, 08:06 PM
I just don't see why Memphis would do that. Would TP resign? I don't think he would and you are giving up OJ for a rental? Not to mention, does TP put them over the top along with a couple of other moves?

Ya, I agree with this..Just playing along here and thats what makes this TP rumour so funny cause there is no good trade that he can be placed in that makes sense for everyone involved. One team would literally have to take a big hit and there is no way it would be the spurs.

DPG21920
05-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Yeah, he is a tough player to trade if you are looking for equal talent.

ploto
05-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Ya, I agree with this..Just playing along here and thats what makes this TP rumour so funny cause there is no good trade that he can be placed in that makes sense for everyone involved. One team would literally have to take a big hit and there is no way it would be the spurs.

But what if Tony would walk next summer?

DPG21920
05-18-2010, 08:54 PM
I would rather TP walk than to over pay for Lee.

Gino2882
05-18-2010, 08:57 PM
I would assume the Spurs would listen if they offered OJ Mayo and the 9th pick in the draft.

That would give the Spurs the 9th and 20th picks to go along with a tremendous young core. Sign a vet point guard and they would be good to go.

DesignatedT
05-18-2010, 09:15 PM
I would assume the Spurs would listen if they offered OJ Mayo and the 9th pick in the draft.

That would give the Spurs the 9th and 20th picks to go along with a tremendous young core. Sign a vet point guard and they would be good to go.

:lol they arent going to offer that.

Josepatches_
05-18-2010, 09:15 PM

He's not as good as the best players of the league but he's better than middle class of the league.It's not so difficult if you want to trade him.

Tony for 2 middle class (Mayo-Gasol or Smith-Horford alike)
Tony+ 1 middle class for 1 superstar (Bosh alike)

You would have equal talent.It's a lot of more difficult to trade players like Tim or Manu who are older.Tony has a pretty good trade value.

DPG21920
05-18-2010, 09:17 PM
You are crazy if you think TP will net you Mayo/Gasol or Smith/Hoford imo.

Blackjack
05-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Did I miss something?

How did Mayo's name get involved?

Mel_13
05-18-2010, 09:22 PM

He's not as good as the best players of the league but he's better than middle class of the league.It's not so difficult if you want to trade him.

Tony for 2 middle class (Mayo-Gasol or Smith-Horford alike)
Tony+ 1 middle class for 1 superstar (Bosh alike)

You would have equal talent.It's a lot of more difficult to trade players like Tim or Manu who are older.Tony has a pretty good trade value.

Well, if you are going to assume trades like that are possible then Tony can easily be traded for equal talent. Unfortunately, trades like that would require that the other GM was grossly incompetent. Those trades are ridiculously one-sided in favor of the Spurs.

Mel_13
05-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Did I miss something?

How did Mayo's name get involved?

Poster fantasy syndrome.

Blackjack
05-18-2010, 09:26 PM
:lol

I just saw his name all of a sudden and was wondering if I missed a rumored 3-way (which is something I never try to miss if the ratio is right. :eyebrows).

DPG21920
05-18-2010, 09:56 PM
OJ Mayo was brought up to give an example of a talent level required to trade TP I believe.

Blackjack
05-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Had they been able to get Mayo and the No. 5 last year, as much as I love Tony, I'd been offering to pack his bags. Mayo and Curry would've been sick, IMO.

Mr Bones
05-19-2010, 01:52 AM
Memphis reportedly offered OJ and Thabeet for Monte Ellis before the trade deadline... that might explain at least one source of these rumors.

OJ + Thabeet wouldn't work salarywise for Parker, but the numbers work on OJ/Thabeet/Conley for Parker/Blair.

dbestpro
05-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Chandler (NY) busted for pot last night. Scratch him off the list.

Jace
05-19-2010, 11:53 AM
I doubt Pop cares about pot.. I imagine his only issue would be the fact the got caught

TDMVPDPOY
05-19-2010, 12:24 PM
since we dont wanan deal with the fakers, how about the clippers?