PDA

View Full Version : Avery Johnson to interview for Hawks’ job

duncan228
05-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Johnson to interview for Hawks’ job (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-johnsonhawks051710)
By Marc J. Spears

Avery Johnson will interview for the Atlanta Hawks’ coaching job on Monday night, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

Johnson, a former coach of the Dallas Mavericks, will meet with Hawks officials in Atlanta.

The Hawks’ head-coaching job became open when Mike Woodson was fired Friday. Johnson has already interviewed for the coaching vacancies with the New Orleans Hornets and the Philadelphia 76ers. New Jersey Nets president Rod Thorn is expected to move forward on his coach search after Tuesday night’s draft lottery, and Johnson is expected to be a candidate there, too.

Johnson had a 194-70 record with the Mavericks and led the team to the 2006 NBA Finals.

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 01:09 PM
I will laugh my ass off if Dwane Casey gets the job over Avery.

Spurfan excuse: "He could have any job he wants, but he still just wants to take Cuban's money! :lmao

lurker
05-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Avery coaching the Nets? That wouldn't be awkward at all.

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Avery coaching the Nets? That wouldn't be awkward at all.

He'd get to go coach his "son" and continue coaching him as the 18/10 point guard he never turned him into.

BUMP
05-17-2010, 01:48 PM
I can't believe Johnson still doesn't have a job yet. I think he'd be a perfect fit for the Hawks, they're in a similar situation the Mavs were in right before AJ took the helm.

The only downside is that Woodson seemed like a very AJ-type of coach and that obviously didn't work out

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I can't believe Johnson still doesn't have a job yet.

Based on his resume, it's tough to believe he can't get a job despite openly campaigning in the media for different jobs 3 years now.

Based on what everyone in Dallas knows about him personally (people in SA know it too but most of them deny it like a Nazi denies the Holocaust), it's easy to understand why nobody will hire him.

Bob Lanier
05-17-2010, 01:53 PM
I'd think he'd be a good fit with the blackest team in the NBA.

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 01:55 PM
I'd think he'd be a good fit with the blackest team in the NBA.

tbh Avery's mini-Hitler coaching style might work best on the Argentina National Team where they appreciate that sort of behavior. He could lead them to another gold for sure.

Sisk
05-17-2010, 02:37 PM
This is racist where's the white coach interviews

ploto
05-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Sam Mitchell interviewed, as well. He already lives in Atlanta.

mojorizen7
05-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Why? AJ belongs in Cleveland.

Roddy Beaubois
05-17-2010, 06:14 PM
tbh Avery's mini-Hitler coaching style might work best on the Argentina National Team where they appreciate that sort of behavior. He could lead them to another gold for sure.

:lmao

But I agree that the Hawks would probably be the best fit for Avery based on the jobs out there.