PDA

View Full Version : Finding the perfect mate for Lebron (Hollinger)

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 01:13 PM
The conference finals are under way, but let's be honest: The biggest story in the NBA is LeBron James' upcoming free-agency tour. Nothing less than the future of the league is at stake. OK, that might be a bit extreme, but you can argue that a player of his stature has never been available at such a young age. With that in mind, Insider brings you LeBron Week, a five-part look at every aspect of James' decision. First up, John Hollinger examines the best possible sidekick for LeBron.

LeBron James hits free agency in six weeks, and we've read a lot of tea leaves about which landing spots would work best for him. But today, it's time to turn the analysis on its head: Which players would benefit most from teaming up with LeBron?

For the purposes of brevity and sanity, I'm restricting the debate to star players who could plausibly team up with LeBron next year. Sure, Kobe Bryant would make a great teammate for King James, but I don't see that one as being terribly realistic.

Instead, let's look at what, statistically, might make a player a good fit with LeBron and then work backward to determine which ones possess the most positive attributes.

In order, here are the most important criteria:

1. He will not hog the ball. LeBron ranked second in the NBA last year with a 32.2 usage rate, which doesn't leave a ton of possessions for another ball-hungry player. The fact is, LeBron's teammates will be playing off the ball most of the time, and anyone doing his own thing is just taking the ball out of LeBron's hands.

Additionally, James' strength and stamina enable him to play 40 minutes 80 times per season, so there are relatively few opportunities for a ball-needy player to operate while LeBron is on the bench. This is one reason why many question how a LeBron-Dwyane Wade partnership would work -- Wade led the league in usage rate last year.

2. He will space the floor. The ideal James teammate will play on the outside, not on the inside, because that creates maximum space for James to complete his freight train drives to the rim. The best complements are players who both take and make a large percentage of their shots from the perimeter. To rate this for our purposes, I used a player's shooting percentage on long 2-pointers this season, courtesy of NBA.com.

3. He will finish what he starts. A high-usage player is going to have trouble pairing with LeBron, but a high-efficiency player should thrive. We're looking for players with a high true shooting percentage -- a player's shooting percentage adjusted for 3-pointers and free throws -- since those players can take best advantage of the shot opportunities LeBron creates for them.

4. He will crash the boards. Wherever he goes, James is likely to lead the team in shot attempts ... and in misses. That's why an Anderson Varejao-type who crashes the boards can be so successful as one of his teammates. While few star players fit this profile, there are a couple who supplement their scoring with offensive boards, and they'd make better complements for James.

So we have four key metrics we're looking at for in an ideal James teammate -- low usage rate, high TS%, high offensive rebound rate and strong outside shooting numbers. The "low usage" requirement is relative, as every star will be above the league average in that category; similarly, the bar for offensive rebound rate needs to be set low, since most stars are taking the shots, not collecting the misses. Nonetheless, this at least provides some guidelines for our star search.

Using this data, I created a "LeBron Rating" for each player by taking three-fourths of the player's true shooting percentage, subtracting half his usage rate, adding his offensive rebound rate and subtracting twice his turnover rate.

From that, we get results that neatly split the top dogs on the league's primary LeBron contenders into five groups:

Potential LeBron teammates: a comparison
Player Usg TS% TO Off. Reb. Long 2% LeBron Rating
Chris Bosh 25.9 59.2 9.6 9.9 46.3 71.7
Dirk Nowitzki 26.1 57.8 7.0 3.1 47.2 69.3
David Lee 22.2 58.4 10.0 8.4 43.9 68.6
Amare Stoudemire 24.4 61.5 11.6 9.7 41.0 66.6
Carlos Boozer 23.1 59.9 12.3 8.2 45.2 65.9
Joe Johnson 25.3 53.8 7.2 3.0 42.1 61.3
Rudy Gay 21.0 53.5 9.5 4.2 40.8 58.8
Derrick Rose 26.3 53.2 9.8 2.6 44.3 56.3
Dwyane Wade 33.2 56.2 9.8 4.5 35.8 51.4
Devin Harris 25.2 51.2 10.9 1.2 39.1 47.3
Baron Davis 24.7 50.1 10.8 2.4 36.0 45.6

The perfect companion: Chris Bosh
Bosh hits every check mark on the list above. He's an outstanding midrange shooter who would provide a fearsome weapon on the pick-and-pop, something James has never really had in Cleveland. His offensive rebound rate (9.9 percent) was in the top third of power forwards, which is amazing considering how often he played outside. His turnover rate was in the bottom third and his TS% (59.2) was outstanding.

Near-perfect companions: Dirk Nowitzki, Amare Stoudemire, David Lee, Carlos Boozer
The lesson here: Pairing LeBron with a floor-spacing 4 can be really, really effective. We'll start with Nowitzki, the gold standard in this category. Dallas doesn't have the cap space to pursue LeBron, but that doesn't mean they won't try like the dickens with some combo of Erick Dampier's nonguaranteed deal, talented prospect Rodrigue Beaubois and any other goodies ($3 million and a future first-rounder, for instance) they can muster.

If they pulled it off, Dirk and LeBron would make a fearsome pair. Nowitzki doesn't rebound like Bosh does but is an even better outside shooter; and, as with Bosh, Nowitzki has both a low turnover rate and a high TS%.

Stoudemire isn't as good an outside shooter, but he's solid from midrange and otherwise possesses similar qualities as Bosh -- a stellar TS% (61.5), a strong offensive rebound rate and a fairly low rate of turnovers.

Lee and Boozer are birds of a feather when it comes to playing with LeBron -- they both can stick a midrange jumper but their primary value comes in slamming home offensive rebounds and making hard dives to the basket after they set screens. Boozer (59.9) and Lee (58.4) both had strong TS% and low turnover rates, and are good offensive rebounders; one worry, however, is that neither can defend a twig.

Now we're forcing things a bit: Rudy Gay, Joe Johnson, Derrick Rose
On the perimeter, Johnson and Gay would each provide James with a huge tag-team partner on the wing; this might be less than ideal defensively against quicker 2s but would be pretty fearsome on offense. However, both players are more comfortable playing with the ball and neither is a high-percentage sniper; Johnson (53.8) and Gay (53.2) had middling TS% stats and only average offensive rebound rates. While both numbers might increase in a subordinate role, it's not the killer combo that the four power forwards above provide.

Similarly, Rose's game is hardly a perfect match for James. He wants the ball in his hands (second among point guards in usage rate), and while he's a very good midrange shooter, he doesn't have the catch-and-shoot, long-range game that would help space the floor for LeBron when he's off the ball. While Rose is likely to improve in the coming years, and would form a devastating running mate in transition, the combo isn't ideal.

Whole less than sum of its parts: Dwyane Wade, Devin Harris
Let's get this straight: LeBron with Wade would be awesome together because of their overwhelming talent. But it's naive to think that pairing the two stars wouldn't subtract from the output of each. Wade had the league's highest usage rate this past season, is a limited jump shooter and is relatively turnover prone. Playing off the ball, he'd be far less useful than a Bosh or a Nowitzki.

Harris has a similar issue -- he's a straight dribble-driver who doesn't have a role to play off the ball. Like Rose and Wade, he's at his best when he can be the one at the top of the key handling the ball and slashing through defenses. As a catch-and-shoot weapon, he's mediocre at best.

The worst: Baron Davis
The Los Angeles Clippers want to sell James on the quality of the four players they already have in place, but the best of the bunch (Davis) could hardly be less suited to playing with him. A stubborn ball-dominator who shoots erratically, Davis' TS% (50.1) was among the worst of NBA stars. Spotting up on the weak side from James, he'd be more than happy to hoist 3s and, unfortunately, that's a problem, since he converts so few of them.

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 01:14 PM
so, Harris/Wade/Rose wouldn't mesh well with Lebron

but dirk Nowitzki would.

Bosh can suck my dick. Soft alien looking faggot.

:lobt: :lobt:

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 01:16 PM
we stacked

Dex
05-17-2010, 01:20 PM
:lmao Mav Fan leading the way in delusion.

SpursRulez4eVeR
05-17-2010, 01:29 PM

yep, been fun to watch tho :lol

Basketballgirl25
05-17-2010, 01:30 PM
The perfect companion: Chris Bosh

So Bosh and Lebron will be Knicks like everyone around here tells me, guess that's good news:toast

djohn2oo8
05-17-2010, 01:31 PM

That's all they can do at this point, pretend 2006, 2007, and 2009 didn't happen, and hope that LeBron looks past all that and comes to Dallas

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 01:32 PM
someone forward this shit to lebron personally

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Dirk > Bosh as a player.

And Dirk should gain points for showing some clutch ability and not being a primadonna.

we know Lebron has a huge ego... as he should. And his ego would be better satisfied having a WHITE 2nd option rather than a black 2nd option.

It's more impressive leading a "white Euro softie" to a title.

He's also buddies with Kidd.

Jerryworld baby, Jerryworld

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 01:33 PM
That's all they can do at this point, pretend 2006, 2007, and 2009 didn't happen, and hope that LeBron looks past all that and comes to Dallas

slurpin that Spur fan dick still I see.

lol djohnfaggot

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 01:33 PM

it's certainly a better plan and less of a pipe dream than praying an always-injured chinaman's body magically heals and he stays healthy.

Edward
05-17-2010, 01:35 PM
slurpin that Spur fan dick still I see.

lol djohnfaggot

nothing like how you slurp mogrovejo's dick

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 01:37 PM
monostradamus I'm not even sure why it should be a pipe dream

Compatible game with Dirk
Jerryworld
Buddies with Kidd
wants to be billionaire athlete... Cuban and Jones are billionaires
Dallas, big D :danceclub
max money
Championship contention
No state income tax.

I'm not sure why it should be such a pipe dream. This is a DREAM scenario for Lebron. He can stay loyal to Cleveland and waste a few more prime years, he can go to Chicago/Miami and play with ball dominant players and have chemistry issues.... or he can come to Dallas and play with hungry veterans whose games mesh well with his...

Lebron not wanting to come to Dallas would be very stupid of him.

Tom Slick
05-17-2010, 01:37 PM
nothing like how you slurp mogrovejo's dick

piss off, and die!!!

Basketballgirl25
05-17-2010, 01:39 PM
He's also buddies with Kidd.

Lebron being buddies with Kidd won't have any effect on him going to Dallas:lol

Dirk playing well maybe, being buddies with Kidd no.

He's buddies with Jay-Z as well:toast

Edward
05-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Ghazi, when has anything you've ever thought turned out to be more than a pipe dream?

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Add another reason to the list: would do Cleveland a huge solid if agreeing to sign and trade with Dallas. Roddy B is a better prospect than anyone on any of the other teams.

Hey, Cleveland can be relevant pretty quickly... Beaubois will be the best combo guard in the league in the next 3-4 years.

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Lebron not only is buddies with Kidd, he practically loves the dude:

"I would love to have a guy like Jason Kidd to be a part of this franchise, I think it makes us that much better of a team. Everyone knows how much I love Jason Kidd just throughout the summertime. It's not hard to see how much I'd love to have him as part of the team. Honestly, when you see Jason Kidd wants to be traded, you shouldn't have to go to the front office and tell them to get on it. It's Jason Kidd."

Then I was asked if being paired with Kidd could bring a championship to Cleveland. He said:

"Yeah..(pause and a smile) ... It's that easy."

Edward
05-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Ghazi what are you gonna do if Lebron doesn't go to Dallas?

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Settle for Wade

Basketballgirl25
05-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Roddy B is a better prospect than anyone on any of the other teams.

Beaubois will be the best combo guard in the league in the next 3-4 years.

haha, I would wait till next season to say Roddy B is good, yes he could be, but he didn't get much playing time this season. So you can't really tell. I for one would take some other rookies over him

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Game 6 of the playoffs was all I needed to see.

For a rookie to perform like that after riding the pine all series, that's a special display of talent and wherewithal.

Dudes got ice water in his veins... clutch...

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Settle for Wade

we staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

Basketballgirl25
05-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Lebron not only is buddies with Kidd, he practically loves the dude:

"I would love to have a guy like Jason Kidd to be a part of this franchise, I think it makes us that much better of a team. Everyone knows how much I love Jason Kidd just throughout the summertime. It's not hard to see how much I'd love to have him as part of the team. Honestly, when you see Jason Kidd wants to be traded, you shouldn't have to go to the front office and tell them to get on it. It's Jason Kidd."

Then I was asked if being paired with Kidd could bring a championship to Cleveland. He said:

"Yeah..(pause and a smile) ... It's that easy."

he prob doesn't love him after how Kidd did in the playoffs this season:lol

Basketballgirl25
05-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Game 6 of the playoffs was all I needed to see.

For a rookie to perform like that after riding the pine all series, that's a special display of talent and wherewithal.

Dudes got ice water in his veins... clutch...

Mavs should try to keep Roddy, trade Kidd then I guess if Roddy's that good they should be trying to keep him:toast

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Kidd will average 27-30 minutes in the regular season next year, he'll be much fresher in the playoffs next year.

Also he did have a cold and back spasms. Not saying that's why he played horrible, but it didn't help.

Also, he'll have a reduced role next year. Kidd's inability to create in the halfcourt won't be relevant next year. He'll just be a spot up shooter who will get looks off of Dirk/Lebron. And he is an excellent spot up shooter.

da_suns_fan
05-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Potential LeBron teammates: a comparison
Player Usg TS% TO Off. Reb. Long 2% LeBron Rating
Chris Bosh 25.9 59.2 9.6 9.9 46.3 71.7
Dirk Nowitzki 26.1 57.8 7.0 3.1 47.2 69.3
David Lee 22.2 58.4 10.0 8.4 43.9 68.6
Amare Stoudemire 24.4 61.5 11.6 9.7 41.0 66.6
Carlos Boozer 23.1 59.9 12.3 8.2 45.2 65.9
Joe Johnson 25.3 53.8 7.2 3.0 42.1 61.3
Rudy Gay 21.0 53.5 9.5 4.2 40.8 58.8
Derrick Rose 26.3 53.2 9.8 2.6 44.3 56.3
Dwyane Wade 33.2 56.2 9.8 4.5 35.8 51.4
Devin Harris 25.2 51.2 10.9 1.2 39.1 47.3
Baron Davis 24.7 50.1 10.8 2.4 36.0 45.6

Now we're forcing things a bit: Rudy Gay, Joe Johnson, Derrick Rose
On the perimeter, Johnson and Gay would each provide James with a huge tag-team partner on the wing; this might be less than ideal defensively against quicker 2s but would be pretty fearsome on offense. However, both players are more comfortable playing with the ball and neither is a high-percentage sniper;

He could have both Lee and Joe Johnson in New York.

I disagree with Hollinger's take that JJ is prefers having the ball and isnt a high percentage sniper. Joe Johnson was awesome as a spot up shooter in Phoenix.

mogrovejo
05-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Hollinger overrates the importance of low usage rate and spacing the floor.

First, the Cavs this season had Shaq, Jamison and Mo with usage rates >22%. What's the problem of pairing LeBron with another guy with an usage rate above 25%? Well, that's actually Shaq. Even if it's a guy going for 30%, it just means you have to replace Mo for a guy who's less of a chucker. LeBron is very good playing off the ball, Charles Barkley is actually right about that. If you pair him with another guy who can create off the bounce with ease, that's great, not bad. It seems Hollinger wants LeBron playing with 4 guys who will just play off him and catch'n'shoot. Why is he restricting the list to start players then? The ideal fit would be someone like Ray Allen or Rip Hamilton.

Second, you don't need to play a 5out set to space the floor. It's okay to have 1 or 2 guys who don't shoot so well. In fact, having an inside threat also helps to space the floor, his presence also takes defense out of shape.

I wouldn't care so much about point 3 as well. It can be completely different to be the first option than to be a 2nd banana to a player like LeBron James.

Tom Slick
05-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Mavs should try to keep Roddy, trade Kidd then I guess if Roddy's that good they should be trying to keep him:toast

do you like to suck dick? i got somethin for ya

Bob Lanier
05-17-2010, 01:52 PM
I'd be a perfect mate for LeBron if he doesn't make me sign a prenup.

Man About Town
05-17-2010, 02:07 PM
I'll take Bron to Plush or 1921 Elm on his recruiting trip to the Big D.

admiralsnackbar
05-17-2010, 02:21 PM
This is less of an article than it is a harsh critique of Lebron with some numbers thrown in to legitimize it :lol

duncan228
05-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Countdown: LeBron's future (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ian_thomsen/05/14/countdown.lebron/index.html)
Ian Thomsen
SI.com

...Several teams are worthy of his consideration, but each has issues that must be resolved.

The Mavericks: They are the dark horse, and they should be taken very seriously. They don't have cap space, but they do have an ambitious owner with a tradition of spending big in hope of winning championships, they have James' good friend Jason Kidd at point guard and they have a future Hall of Famer in Dirk Nowitzki -- and how would rivals match up against a front line of Dirk and LeBron? If James tells the Cavs he is leaving, wouldn't they prefer to participate in a sign-and-trade to retrieve assets from Dallas instead of enabling James to freely join with an Eastern conference rival like Chicago, New York or Miami? It stands to reason that Cleveland would much rather see James move to the West than remain in the East to haunt them. The Mavs have enough depth to work a sign-and-trade and still compete for the championship next year, especially since they could employ their mid-level exception to fill in with tough-minded role players. I guarantee that Mark Cuban was cheering loudly for Boston Thursday night.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ian_thomsen/05/14/countdown.lebron/index.html

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 03:13 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ian_thomsen/05/14/countdown.lebron/index.html

:clap

The TroutBum
05-17-2010, 03:14 PM
LOL @ people who think that DuhBron actually gives a flying monkey fuck about winning.

It's all about the money/fame/endorsements for that poop dick.

BadOdor
05-17-2010, 03:14 PM
a "Lebron rating"? Will Hollinger stop AT NOTHING?!!!

TheMACHINE
05-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Thats a crazy line up

Kidd
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Dirk

Dallas would be team of the decade...gratz to the Mavs

djohn2oo8
05-17-2010, 03:25 PM

The Mavs have NO ONE that the Cavs would legitimately consider trading for

duncan228
05-17-2010, 03:27 PM
a "Lebron rating"? Will Hollinger stop AT NOTHING?!!!

ESPN won't stop. They now have the 'LeBron Tracker' on the NBA front page. :lol

LEBRON TRACKER
Where will LeBron land? We're keeping tabs on the King. Here's the latest. LeBron Tracker (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/feature/index?page=LeBron-Tracker)

djohn2oo8
05-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Maybe it's just me but I'll trust a journalist working for a nationally respected magazine over some dickhead Rocket fan.

You do that, and see when LeBron doesn't end up in Dallas

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 03:34 PM
lol dickjohn2008

Ghazi
lol faggotjohn2008

Ghazi
lol pussyjohn2008

djohn2oo8
05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
lol pussyjohn2008

Well if you payed 250 for a handjob, you must have doubled for pleasure for what, $500?

Ghazi
05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
we staaaaaaaaaaaacked :lobt:

djohn2oo8
05-17-2010, 03:38 PM
If you think that guy wrote that Dallas was going to get LeBron, you're dumber than I thought. And I already thought you were fuckin retarded, you're a Rockets fan.

I didn't think that, the only favorites are to be chokers for now and forever

rAm
ESPN won't stop. They now have the 'LeBron Tracker' on the NBA front page. :lol

wow.. srsly?

sefant77
So Bosh and Lebron will be Knicks like everyone around here tells me, guess that's good news:toast

Magic and Lakers gonna laugh their asses off about the Bosh/Curry/Gali frontcourt. And about the "bench"...

He could have both Lee and Joe Johnson in New York.

I disagree with Hollinger's take that JJ is prefers having the ball and isnt a high percentage sniper. Joe Johnson was awesome as a spot up shooter in Phoenix.

No, he cant. The price of being able to sign 2 max contracts was to give Lee that one year contract and let his rights go in 2010...

But again, you are one of the dumbest poster here with no clue about contracts and cap situations, so no surprise...

sefant77
05-17-2010, 03:42 PM
And i think Trollinger overrates the offensive rebounding of Bosh.

Bosh played with all that rebounding clowns together like Hedo, Bargnani and Calderon, Dirk with Haywood/Damp, Kidd, Marion, Butler. Of course Bosh is better there, but its not so extreme like the numbers look like.

And Dirks mid/longe-range game is absolut superior comparing with Bosh.

Roddy Beaubois
05-17-2010, 03:43 PM

Hmmm looks like other people besides mavfans think this could happen......

LMAO DoK/GORAN DRAGIC

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08lf9t4bR7gHF/x350.jpg

Gino
05-17-2010, 04:13 PM
The negatives of playing in Dallas far outweigh the positives for Lebron.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

djohn2oo8
05-17-2010, 04:15 PM

Not. Gonna. Happen.

:lol

Roddy Beaubois
05-17-2010, 04:24 PM
If James tells the Cavs he is leaving, wouldn't they prefer to participate in a sign-and-trade to retrieve assets from Dallas instead of enabling James to freely join with an Eastern conference rival like Chicago, New York or Miami? It stands to reason that Cleveland would much rather see James move to the West than remain in the East to haunt them.

lol sports illustrated saying exactly what mavfans have been trying to tell DoK

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 04:36 PM
lol delusional homerism
lol Mavs_man_41 thinking the Mavs would beat the Suns

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 04:37 PM
It's funny all fuckmunches like Ghazi have to talk shit about is something that has less than a 2% chance at happening and acting like it has already happened.

05-17-2010, 04:39 PM
if lebron joins bosh in NJ, it's going to be devastating to the rest of the league. if lebron joins bosh and wade in miami, might as well just give them the trophy for the next three years.

duncan228
05-17-2010, 04:39 PM
wow.. srsly?

Click the link, he's got a page devoted to him.

LEBRON TRACKER
Where will LeBron land? We're keeping tabs on the King. Here's the latest. LeBron Tracker (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/feature/index?page=LeBron-Tracker)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/feature/index?page=LeBron-Tracker

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 04:59 PM
lol delusional homerism

man, the lakers can't kick your asses soon enough to put all you fucksticks and your newfound badassedness to rest

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 05:04 PM
brah you can scoff the LeBron stuff all you want, but don't act like the Mavs didn't make the Suns their personal bitches all season long.

They won the season series 2-1. Yes they won the matchup, but I wouldn't consider that making Phoenix their bitch.

EDIT: Dallas won the two games played in Dallas, Phoenix won the game played in Phoenix. Big deal.

ffadicted
05-17-2010, 05:06 PM
lol ESPN is ridiculous, there are still 3 series to be played

oh crap
05-17-2010, 05:06 PM
XhTuYKR-ejo

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 05:07 PM
man, the lakers can't kick your asses soon enough to put all you fucksticks and your newfound badassedness to rest

Even if the Lakers win every game by 30 points I'd still disagree with the opinion that Dallas would have killed Phoenix if they met in the 2nd round.

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Even if the Lakers win every game by 30 points I'd still disagree with the opinion that Dallas would have killed Phoenix if they met in the 2nd round.

then i guess i'll be 1 for 2 at getting you to eat your own words, mr i think the suns can make it interesting and win some games

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 05:10 PM
then i guess i'll be 1 for 2 at getting you to eat your own words, mr i think the suns can make it interesting and win some games

And if the Suns manage to keep the games close and win a few will you be eating your words?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 05:13 PM
What a delusional homer I am for saying Phoenix will lose in 6!

Ginobilly
05-17-2010, 05:16 PM
The perfect mate for Lebron would be Matt Bonner no doubt!
PG: Jacque Vaghn

SG: Bogans

SF:Lebron

PF: Matt Bonner

C: Brain Scalabrine

No doubt in my mind that this team could win the championship!

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 05:19 PM
What a delusional homer I am for saying Phoenix will lose in 6!

Don't feel the need to defend yourself against Seena. The prophecy has been written, the Suns shall prevail in 6 games.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
You not getting two wins. No fucking way.

I'm not playing in the series so that's probably a safe bet.

monosylab1k
You not getting two wins. No fucking way.

:tu exactly.

they're getting four.

LnGrrrR
05-17-2010, 05:31 PM

Not. Gonna. Happen.

Damn it, I thought you were gone. We already have enough hated Boston fans around here as is. :lol

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Has anyone heard this lame as song on this website:

http://lebrontothemavs.com/

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 05:53 PM
More evidence supporting the notion Seena made it.

Muser
05-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Has anyone heard this lame as song on this website:

http://lebrontothemavs.com/

Damn that's fucked up.

oh crap
05-17-2010, 05:56 PM
pathetic and desperate

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 05:58 PM
i can't hear any song?

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 05:59 PM
It was a rapper from Oak Cliff that made it, I think .

da_suns_fan
05-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Damn that's fucked up.

Funny cuz I made the analogy that Mavs fans were starting to sound like Laker fans back when they had convinced themselves that KG was coming to LA.

GetGarnett.com was the most embarrassing display of their pipe-dream.

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 06:05 PM

kill yourself you little shit

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:06 PM
kill yourself you little shit

Huh? Why are you mad at me for the Dallas rap they made?

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 06:07 PM
anyway after doing some research, that site, or at least the song, was made by ben rogers, a writer for espn who covers the dallas mavericks blog

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 06:08 PM
apparently he also has a radio show, the "Ben & Skin Show"

Roddy Beaubois
05-17-2010, 06:11 PM

dirk4mvp
05-17-2010, 06:11 PM
pathetic and desperate

Kinda like a Kingsfan scurred to post with his actual name so he posts with Oh Crap.

Roddy Beaubois
05-17-2010, 06:12 PM
lol delusional homerism

lol SI saying the exact things you called "delusional homerism"

Mavs_man_41

yeah mono it was hilarious

lol balling with midgets

DPG21920
So why are you mad at me? I thought Ben and Skin were from Oak Cliff? I did not know they were talk show hosts. Still goes hard though.

dirk4mvp
lol SI saying the exact things you called "delusional homerism"

sup Roddy

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:14 PM
yeah mono it was hilarious

lol balling with midgets

It wasn't funny? If I replaced it with another hood, and the song wasn't making all mav fans look ghey, you would be rolling.

Also, you have now bloaded my height in 5 threads, so it is safe to say you are obsessed with my body.

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 06:14 PM
sup mono

fify

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 06:15 PM
is it possible for me to post in a thread without Kid Queer interfering? time will tell

Rick Carlisle
05-17-2010, 06:16 PM
sup Roddy

fuck you and your headline you stupid fuck. Did the media tell you to put that there!? Are you the part of the Media?

And FUCK YOU RODDY I TOLD YOU YOU ARE NOT READY TO BE A TROLL!!!! LOG THE FUCK OUT!

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:16 PM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/Ben-Skin1.jpg

So many eminems in Dallas.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Mavs_Man, you want to ball? You any good?

Roddy Beaubois
05-17-2010, 06:18 PM
fify

:lmao identifying myself in two threads but some people still calling me mono.

We want the same thing here :lobt:

The Oak Cliff joke was funny, considering that might have been the whitest singer ever. Chill out, fils.

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 06:20 PM
:lmao identifying myself in two threads but some people still calling me mono.

We want the same thing here :lobt:

The Oak Cliff joke was funny, considering that might have been the whitest singer ever. Chill out, fils.

it was hilarious! absolutely exciting, my sides hurt!

oh crap
05-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Kinda like a Kingsfan scurred to post with his actual name so he posts with Oh Crap.

not exactly apple to apple, bro

Rick Carlisle
05-17-2010, 06:23 PM
it was hilarious! absolutely exciting, my sides hurt!

You're not exactly throwing down knee-slappers either. Thats been your undoing in this thread. Now go sit on the bench and stay ready.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Just the epitome hurt feelings. Hurt feelings personified.

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Just the epitome hurt feelings. Hurt feelings personified.

:cry :cry i'm sorry the song was made by a professional writer for ESPN and not random mavs fan from oak cliff, it really ruined your joke didn't it :cry :cry

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:30 PM
No, actually, that was the joke, and now thanks to you, it lives in for ever. Did you get to hear the song yet? What did you think, real talk?

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 06:31 PM
i found it to be pretty gay, in my honest opinion. kind of like 5'3 guys with super high pitched voices

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:33 PM
OMG, Mono, did you see that f*cking joke!!!!!!!!!! It was hilarious. OMG. :cry :lol I am crying and laughing, as you can see by the emitocons I just posted.

He called me short, which is so original and f*cking hilarious.

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 06:35 PM
right, it's kind of on par with anything you've ever said :lol

i'm a firm believer in speaking according to the intelligence level of the audience so that no points are missed

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 06:36 PM
lol calling mono for your backup

:cry mono please be my friend :cry

maybe if mono responds with a :lmao at what you said, it'll make you win!

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:40 PM
right, it's kind of on par with anything you've ever said :lol

i'm a firm believer in speaking according to the intelligence level of the audience so that no points are missed

do you have anything else to say? or is that it, the entire act? eminem and oak cliff smack, day after day, post after post...:sleep

a nigga challenges you to a real contest and you punk out. you'd rather post about some lame ass white boy rapper and talk down on a place you've never even been, and quit frankly couldn't step foot in. you're nothing but a fat dork with no game at all, at least if you want to e-fight instead of fighting me for real then come up with something original.

Calling me short is original. At least that ghey song from the rapper in SOC was more original than you.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:40 PM
lol calling mono for your backup

:cry mono please be my friend :cry

maybe if mono responds with a :lmao at what you said, it'll make you win!

You are the one who called for mono. I was mocking you. Which college do you go to? Is this like the blind side movie type stuff how you got in?

Roddy Beaubois
05-17-2010, 06:41 PM
The two g's who put together the song

http://blahblahblah.beloblog.com/archives/benandskin.JPG

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Damn, those dudes are G's. Dallas goes hard and gets defensive.

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 06:43 PM
The two g's who put together the song

http://blahblahblah.beloblog.com/archives/benandskin.JPG

they're from oak cliff!!!!! :lmao

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:45 PM
they're from oak cliff!!!!! :cry

FIFY Mono. You are Mono, right?

Roddy Beaubois
05-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Its actually a good song imho. It hits on all the things DoK can't grasp in a catchy song.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Its actually a good song imho. It hits on all the things DoK can't grasp in a catchy song.

Do I know you faggot?

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 06:47 PM
FIFY Mono. You are Mono, right?

yep, im mono, otherwise known as monostradumbass, aka can't wait till the next bball GTG

Roddy Beaubois
05-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Do I know you faggot?

:lmao

:lobt:

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 06:48 PM
yep, im mono, otherwise known as monostradumbass, aka can't wait till the next bball GTG

We gonna run together and crominate?

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 07:01 PM
BTW, TBH, here is one of my fights I posted on youtube:

XsSHWJziHms

mingus
05-17-2010, 07:10 PM
like any great player (except Duncan in '03 :)), he needs another top-10 player to play with. Mike had Pippen, Kobe has Gasol. i don't think it matters what position he plays, just somone to take away some of the pressure offensively. right now, he doesn't have anyone in the top-25 in the league.

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Let me set the record straight one last time.

1. I am NOT Roddy Beaubois (sup badfish)
2. I am NOT Mavs_man_41 (sup mavs>spurs)

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 07:49 PM
We gonna run together and crominate?

yes, tbh. DPG and Mono crominated last time we hooped together. It was like a Nash/Dirk combo imho.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Let me set the record straight one last time.

1. I am NOT Roddy Beaubois (sup badfish)
2. I am NOT Mavs_man_41 (sup mavs>spurs)

Sons, there is absolutely no way that Mavs_Man_41 is Mavs>Spurs. Mavs>Spurs = real talk, Mavs_Man_41 is lame as hell.

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Sons, there is absolutely no way that Mavs_Man_41 is Mavs>Spurs. Mavs>Spurs = real talk, Mavs_Man_41 is lame as hell.

It's possible, but I've heard from credible sources that mavs>spurs can dew tings like det.

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 07:56 PM
yes, tbh. DPG and Mono crominated last time we hooped together. It was like a Nash/Dirk combo imho.

If we are being honest here, it is more like a Bibby/Dirk combo.

Roddy Beaubois
05-17-2010, 08:01 PM
the bostonherald, SI and Hollinger are all dallas homers tbh.

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 08:01 PM
It's possible, but I've heard from credible sources that mavs>spurs can dew tings like det.

i know mavs>spurs in real life nigga, GTFO with that shit

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 08:03 PM
how the f do u double post and then somehow delete both of those posts? Monostradamus has the powah.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view/20100516just_imagine_lebron_james_and_dirk_nowitzk i_playing_for_mavericks/srvc=home&position=recent

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 08:03 PM
the bostonherald, SI and Hollinger are all dallas homers tbh.

Do Mav fans respect Hollinger now?

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 08:04 PM
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6209/lebrondirk2.png

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 08:05 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3374/4616978438_f75f703957_o.jpg

Roddy Beaubois
05-17-2010, 08:05 PM

Do Mav fans respect Hollinger now?

Its safe to say Hollinger wound up being right about this team to an extent.

monosylab1k
05-17-2010, 08:12 PM
i know mavs>spurs in real life nigga, GTFO with that shit

nigga quit frontin and reveal yourself. tbh you should log in as m>s and troll the fuck outta Allanon for the entire time he's officially your bitch.

Mavs_man_41
05-17-2010, 08:25 PM
nigga quit frontin and reveal yourself. tbh you should log in as m>s and troll the fuck outta Allanon for the entire time he's officially your bitch.

i'm not mavs>spurs man

DPG21920
05-17-2010, 08:35 PM
i'm not mavs>spurs man

I can vouch for that.

Killakobe81
05-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Love to see him Dallas i live there now and a fan of high quality basketball

sign and trade Caron and Roddy for LBJ

both teams do it in a heartbeat ...well Cavs if they have no choice ...

Killakobe81
05-17-2010, 08:52 PM
amare with the great defense!!!!

He is soooo smart!!!

redzero
05-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Damn, what the hell happened to Mavs fans? How did they get into this mass delusion?

WESTACKED
05-17-2010, 11:51 PM
we stacked
hi

monosylab1k
05-18-2010, 12:00 AM
hi

sup rogue

milkshakeballa
05-18-2010, 12:03 AM
Damn, what the hell happened to Mavs fans? How did they get into this mass delusion?

this

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 12:07 AM
I can just see it now... Game 7, Lakers... tie game. Whose taking all the big shots down the stretch for the Mavs. Matt Carroll?

No thanks :td

monosylab1k
05-18-2010, 12:08 AM
If I'm the Mavs, I'd be realistic and make a play for CP3

I'll watch the Mavs fail as soft jumpshooting chokers from now to eternity in the pits of hell than ever welcome a Jannero Pargo deferring little punkass bitch like Chris Paul on the team.

MmP
05-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Roddy B is a better prospect than anyone on any of the other teams.
stop
with
this
sh*t
already

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 08:57 AM
knicks: nobody better than roddy
bulls: rose is a prospect with more upside than roddy. cool, sign and trade rose and get lebron. 1 step backward, 2 steps forward. 50-55 win non-contending team
nets: fucking 70 loss team. Lopez > Roddy. trade Lopez and you have no frontcourt to compliment LeBron and a bunch of other scrubs.

For Cleveland, they could not ask for a better sign and trade talent than Beaubois. Baby flash.

monosylab1k
05-18-2010, 09:41 AM
bulls: rose is a prospect with more upside than roddy. cool, sign and trade rose and get lebron. 1 step backward, 2 steps forward. 50-55 win non-contending team
nets: fucking 70 loss team. Lopez > Roddy. trade Lopez and you have no frontcourt to compliment LeBron and a bunch of other scrubs.

For Cleveland, they could not ask for a better sign and trade talent than Beaubois. Baby flash.

tbh Rose is more of an established player than he is a prospect. He's got some room for improvement but not a lot.

also, I think everybody can see that Roddy has more upside than Devin Harris Christ. he has DHC's speed, but Roddy can shoot the ball while DHC is (and always has been) a horrible shooter.

and tbh Brook Lopez is a nice player but how much "star potential" does he really have? He aims to be the next Tim Duncan but does he really have the talent and ability to get that far? I don't think so. If Brook Lopez makes more than 2 All-Star games in his entire career I'll be shocked.

sefant77
05-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Of course its funny that we Mavs fans now "overvalue" our ~10% shot to get James but the most funny stuff is again the clutchfans homer board with all that "James+Yao would be 100% championship blabla if James want the ring he has to go to Houston" :lol

Forgetting 57-48-55-77-0 and 30 years over a damn workout video. Thats like thinking Kirstey Allen will stay thin.

Yes, Lebron will rely all his championship dreams on the broken glass body of Yao Ming :rollin

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 01:18 PM
tbh Rose is more of an established player than he is a prospect. He's got some room for improvement but not a lot.

also, I think everybody can see that Roddy has more upside than Devin Harris Christ. he has DHC's speed, but Roddy can shoot the ball while DHC is (and always has been) a horrible shooter.

and tbh Brook Lopez is a nice player but how much "star potential" does he really have? He aims to be the next Tim Duncan but does he really have the talent and ability to get that far? I don't think so. If Brook Lopez makes more than 2 All-Star games in his entire career I'll be shocked.

son I'll cosign. I was just trying to be politically correct.

The potential of Beaubois is great. Game 6 was all I needed to see... we could be talking about an efficient version of Allen Iverson. and inefficient Iverson was pretty damn good still... :wow :wow :wow

Mr Bones
05-18-2010, 01:47 PM
The main problem with Hollinger's analysis is that it focuses completely on offense. LeBron's perfect running mate should be a great defender before he's anything else. I think the criticisms of DWade's usage rates are exaggerated-- he doesn't have that much talent around him, so he doesn't have much of a choice... in his case, dominating the ball is really the best decision. The interesting thing to me is that the combination of LeBron and Wade would probably be the best defensive duo since Pippen and Jordan.

Kai
05-18-2010, 01:50 PM

Those teams wouldn't have to give up their best players. They have enough room to sign Lebron out-right, leaving Cleveland no leverage in negotiations. If the Cavs wanted anything at all, they'd do a sign & trade for at least something in return.

Dallas is in a different situation. They don't have the cap room, so they have to send back salaries that Cleveland may not even want, so you would have to make the deal extra sweet. So If Lebron wanted to go to Chicago and Chicago offered 2 first round picks for him, Dallas would have to offer that same package of picks PLUS they would have to compensate for whatever players they are shipping out to Cleveland.

The teams without cap room will need much sweeter offers than teams with the room. Of course the biggest hurdle would be to actually get Lebron to say he wants to go to your team, which probably wont be as easy as you Mav fans think it will be. If you can get him to commit to wanting to be in Dallas, then you would have a pretty legit shot, but not for sure though.

Greg Oden
05-18-2010, 03:24 PM
sup dudes. im still slightly hung over from last night, but am i reading this thread right? is there some muthaphuckin beef going on in the mavs krew?

sefant77
05-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Those teams wouldn't have to give up their best players. They have enough room to sign Lebron out-right, leaving Cleveland no leverage in negotiations. If the Cavs wanted anything at all, they'd do a sign & trade for at least something in return.

Dallas is in a different situation. They don't have the cap room, so they have to send back salaries that Cleveland may not even want, so you would have to make the deal extra sweet. So If Lebron wanted to go to Chicago and Chicago offered 2 first round picks for him, Dallas would have to offer that same package of picks PLUS they would have to compensate for whatever players they are shipping out to Cleveland.

The teams without cap room will need much sweeter offers than teams with the room. Of course the biggest hurdle would be to actually get Lebron to say he wants to go to your team, which probably wont be as easy as you Mav fans think it will be. If you can get him to commit to wanting to be in Dallas, then you would have a pretty legit shot, but not for sure though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc

Wow still people not understanding the dust?

However The DUST Chip simply erases those types of problems for Dallas. By using DUST for the salary match:
a) the Mavs can take back a salary up to $16.4475M (which is within $125,000 of a max contract for Lebron, Wade, or Bosh)
b) the Mavs would not have to gut their roster of talent in order to match the required salary, and
c) the old team would simply waive Dampier and end up with no salary added to their cap.

125000 added cap, do you think the Cavs would accept that with 1-2 picks and 3 mio cash? Beside a rookie salary like Roddy...

Again thats the beauty of Damp, Cavs dont need to add salary after the necessary James quote "i am leaving"

mogrovejo
05-18-2010, 04:48 PM
LeBron's priority is to convince Bosh to join him in Cleveland.

sefant77
05-18-2010, 04:50 PM
LeBron's priority is to convince Bosh to join him in Cleveland.

And which talent the Cavs send to Toronto so the Raptors are willing to pay 16mio + some LT next year for that?

Varejao??

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 06:51 PM
The Cavs have absolutely zero interest in whatever Dallas can offer them. The Mavericks are full of overrated jumpshooting trash that can't get out of the 1st round.

Dirk opting out and signing with a real franchise is 100 million more times likely than Lebron ever wearing a Mavericks uniform.

Roddy Beaubois
05-18-2010, 06:52 PM

Now we got lakerfans attention.

sefant77
05-18-2010, 08:32 PM
The Cavs have absolutely zero interest in whatever Dallas can offer them. The Mavericks are full of overrated jumpshooting trash that can't get out of the 1st round.

Think before you post u stupid idiot.

It wouldnt be about what the Cavs want in return if James says "bye Cavs", its controlling the destiny (west >>> east team) without taking huge contracts back.

Duncan2177
05-18-2010, 08:47 PM

It must be the water in Dallas.

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Think before you post u stupid idiot.

It wouldnt be about what the Cavs want in return if James says "bye Cavs", its controlling the destiny (west >>> east team) without taking huge contracts back.

You are a delusional fuckshit. There is nothing the Cavs want from Dallas. They have zero incentive to facilitate a sign and trade to the Mavs.

Even in a potential Dirk/Lebron swap Cleveland still wouldn't do it. Why would they want a perennial playoff fuckup with worse post play than Lebron (lol) that also happens to play no defense at all for max money the next 6 years? They don't.

dirk4mvp
05-18-2010, 08:55 PM
lmao fuckshit

that's almost as creative as backdoor sweeping the Celtics.

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 08:56 PM
weeestaaaaaaaaaacked

sefant77
05-19-2010, 06:30 AM
You are a delusional fuckshit. There is nothing the Cavs want from Dallas. They have zero incentive to facilitate a sign and trade to the Mavs.

Even in a potential Dirk/Lebron swap Cleveland still wouldn't do it. Why would they want a perennial playoff fuckup with worse post play than Lebron (lol) that also happens to play no defense at all for max money the next 6 years? They don't.

lololol still an idiot

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 06:58 AM
I smell a fearful stench emanating from 21_Blessings :lmao

He is SO scared of the greatest forward tandem of all time ! :lmao

You better win it all this year, 21... cause ain't no more ring jewelry in the Kobe era.

21_Blessings
05-19-2010, 07:50 AM
A worthless, overpaid Shawn Marion + lazy ass jumpshooting thug in Butler + one-way power forward that hasn't developed a post game in over a decade or won anything of consequence despite playing on a staaaaaaacked team every year = greatest froward tandem of all time!!

2006 champs baby. Suck on it.

Muser
05-19-2010, 08:00 AM

They have Kobe/LeBron/Magic all rolled into one, Cleveland would be fools not to IMO.

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 08:13 AM
A worthless, overpaid Shawn Marion + lazy ass jumpshooting thug in Butler + one-way power forward that hasn't developed a post game in over a decade or won anything of consequence despite playing on a staaaaaaacked team every year = greatest froward tandem of all time!!

2006 champs baby. Suck on it.

I can smell the fear... you can rationalize it however you like, but you scared :lmao

It's okay 21... your boys may win it all this year but ain't no more :lobt: for Kobe after 2010.

21_Blessings
05-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Yeah that's what you said back in 2009.

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 08:30 AM
No I didn't... I said WCF ceiling at best... maybe with a lot of luck Finals.

But this year was just a rebuilding year for next year...

The acquisition of Butler/Haywood/Stevension (over $14,000,000 in expiring contracts between Stevenson/Butler next year), getting rid of Howard's cancerous corpse, drafting of Beaubois, Najera's trade exception... it all was a part of the LeBron plan :lobt:

Shank
05-19-2010, 08:34 AM

You really don't know what you're talking about. What if LeBron says "I'm not staying in Cleveland and I want to go play with the Mavs"? Then what does Cleveland do? Because, in the scenario of which we speak, that's essentially what will need to happen to set anything in motion. You're acting as though Cleveland has any leverage in this.

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 08:36 AM
21's scared... he's slurring his words... he bashes Haywood/Dampier/Butler/Marion/Kidd but turns around and says Dirk's teams are stacked. He's confused, scared.. doesn't know what to make of the fact that the Lakers window is closing on July 1st.... guy can't pick a lane, he's dishoveled, disoriented, perturbed.. vexed.... like a soldier entering battle for the first time. He pictures LeBron getting alley oops from Kidd @ JerryWorld... it strikes fear in his heart
:( :(

jeez... 21, relax man... its just a game. :(

21_Blessings
05-19-2010, 09:37 AM
I fear another decade of Maverick 1st and 2nd round exits :depressed

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Okay,

I know the other Dallas fans have come in here and riled everyone else up with their giddiness, but it's actual well waranted because other than Cle, Chi, & NY Dallas does have a legit chance at snatching LeBron.

Any LeBron deal that happens is going to be a S&T anyway and it's not going to be a talent for talent S&T, it's going to be an expiring contract and cost of doing business filler (picks, cash, etc.) for LeBron. The reason for this is the extra years and salary increase that CLE can offer LeBron that other teams can't. If Bron wants to leave the Cavs are not going to screw LeBron out of the extra years and cash because they don't want to have the stigma of screwing players on the way out and they don't want to be on the bad side of his agent just in case they ever deal with the agent again on his other clients.

So if LeBron tells Cle he wants to leave I would think that they would rather send him to Dallas out west then send him to Chi, NY, NJ, Mia in the east. However, where they send him is a moot point because LBJ is going to choose where he wants to go and CLE will pretty much be forced to send him wherever he wants to go. But like I said, if LBJ actually chooses Dallas then they would get back "junk" as 21 put it, in the form of Damp, cash, and picks. Dallas probably puts in someone else (maybe Roddy B) but it's really not needed.

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 09:46 AM
That being said, all the Mavs fans in here will look pretty stupid if it doesn't happen. . . . but it is always fun to be a part of the process.

21_Blessings
05-19-2010, 09:56 AM
You really don't know what you're talking about. What if LeBron says "I'm not staying in Cleveland and I want to go play with the Mavs"? Then what does Cleveland do?

Cleveland laughs at Lebron and says, "good luck with that faggot. Dallas has nothing we need. We'll just let you walk and go after Melo in 2011."

You're acting as though Cleveland has any leverage in this.

Lebron has absolutely no leverage when it comes to a fantasy sign and trade with Dallas.

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Cleveland laughs at Lebron and says, "good luck with that faggot. Dallas has nothing we need. We'll just let you walk and go after Melo in 2011."

Lebron has absolutely no leverage when it comes to a fantasy sign and trade with Dallas.

You're just being a clown now. Seriously.

LBJ will be S&Ted to his next destiniation for no value, regardless of who it is.

Ghazi
poor 21... so scared.

Calm down, just take a breath. breathe :)

djohn2oo8
Damn, some Mavfans actually believe they have a chance at LeBron....Massive delusion

21_Blessings
05-19-2010, 09:59 AM
You're the clown if you think a Cleveland franchise that's bleeding money WITH Lebron is going to take back 20 million in salary just because Lebron wants to be paid more by another team.

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 09:59 AM
poor djohn, sucking up to Spurs fans... :( :(

jeez... why are you so desperate for Spur fan approval? They rival the Lakers with regard to ignorant fans... jeez :(

djohn2oo8
05-19-2010, 10:01 AM
poor djohn, sucking up to Spurs fans... :( :(

jeez... why are you so desperate for Spur fan approval? They rival the Lakers with regard to ignorant fans... jeez :(

If LeBron has already said that there was a fat chance that he would everr play for Houston, I'm guessing that the chance that he would want to play for Dallas would be even fatter...no pun intended

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 10:03 AM
You're the clown if you think a Cleveland franchise that's bleeding money WITH Lebron is going to take back 20 million in salary just because Lebron wants to be paid more by another team.

They'll go for expirings

Look at every big free agent in the past few years, they leave via S&T

Also, a point that makes Dallas to most attractive destiniation for Cle (not LeBron but for Cle) is that the trade would be for Dampier who has a non-guaranteed contract that can be bought out for nothing. So that's 13 million that instantly goes away for zero buy-out and zero on the cap.

Djohn,

Dallas has a chance, it's just a matter of how bit the chance is.

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Houston don't got our assets, son.

djohn2oo8
05-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Houston don't got our assets, son.

What assets?

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Dampier (instant savings) and Beaubois, who is going to be the best combo guard in the league within 3-4 years.

WESTACKED
05-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Damn, some Mavfans actually believe they have a chance at LeBron....Massive delusion
they do have a better chance than Houston does IMHO. intrinsically Houston doesn't have any chance to get someone influential from the 2010 FA market because they will be stuck to the monster contract of Mr. Shite's and will continue to enjoy feeding this pulp sack.

WESTACKED
05-19-2010, 10:08 AM
If LeBron has already said that there was a fat chance that he would everr play for Houston, I'm guessing that the chance that he would want to play for Dallas would be even fatter...no pun intended
I think that you are one "that" abuser that uses the word "that" at everywhere that he gets.

21_Blessings
05-19-2010, 10:10 AM
They'll go for expirings

No they won't go for expirings when they could just let Lebron "expire" and save more money in preparation for their franchise value decreasing by about 150 million.

Look at every big free agent in the past few years, they leave via S&T

Shaq sure left via S&T.

Also, a point that makes Dallas to most attractive destiniation for Cle (not LeBron but for Cle) is that the trade would be for Dampier who has a non-guaranteed contract that can be bought out for nothing. So that's 13 million that instantly goes away for zero buy-out and zero on the cap.

Dampier + who? Exactly.

Dallas has NOTHING Cleveland wants unless they're shipping Dirk in exchange. Even then they would just be replacing one playoff failure with the Western Conference version. The Cavs won't be paying the luxury tax for a Dirk in his 30s. I can promise you that.

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 10:11 AM
What assets?

Dampier's 13 million plus instant expiring deal that can be boughtout for nothing and counts zero against the cap

Butler's 10 million dollar expiring contract

Roddy's rookie scale salary

JJB's 1.75 expiring deal

to name a few

WESTACKED
Dampier (instant savings) and Beaubois, who is going to be the best combo guard in the league within 3-4 years.
this requires all the current combo guards to retire or to switch their style sticking to either SG or PG.

djohn2oo8
they do have a better chance than Houston does IMHO. intrinsically Houston doesn't have any chance to get someone influential from the 2010 FA market because they will be stuck to the monster contract of Mr. Shite's and will continue to enjoy feeding this pulp sack.

Hey Rogue...and what does Dallas have to offer for LeBron?

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 10:12 AM
poor 21... so scared he forgot about the best rookie in the 2010 class.. Beaubois.

Beaubois, cash, picks... jeez, I'll take that over letting him walk.

And the potential to get rid of a bad contract like Mo or Varejao

poor poor 21... he's SO scared :lmao

djohn2oo8
05-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Dampier's 13 million plus instant expiring deal that can be boughtout for nothing and counts zero against the cap

Butler's 10 million dollar expiring contract

Roddy's rookie scale salary

JJB's 1.75 expiring deal

to name a few

I'm sure Cleveland wants talent. Beaubois isn't enough, and why would they want expirings when they will already be under the cap by a good amount?

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 10:14 AM
No they won't go for expirings when they could just let Lebron "expire" and save more money in preparation for their franchise value decreasing by about 150 million.

Shaq sure left via S&T.

Dampier + who? Exactly.

Dallas has NOTHING Cleveland wants unless they're shipping Dirk in exchange. Even then they would just be replacing one playoff failure with the Western Conference version. The Cavs won't be paying the luxury tax for a Dirk in his 30s. I can promise you that.

Okay. There's no use talking you through this if you can't even get passed step one, so I'm going to stop now. Have fun with continuing to be dumb.

sefant77
05-19-2010, 10:16 AM

Dampier + who? Exactly.

Dallas has NOTHING Cleveland wants unless they're shipping Dirk in exchange. Even then they would just be replacing one playoff failure for the Western Conference version. The Cavs won't be paying the luxury tax for a Dirk in his 30s.

Are you a retard? Seriously.

Damp isnt an expiring, he is an INSTANT expiring because after the trade Cavs can let his non-guaranteed contract go without paying anything...

1) Let James leave as a FA (after he told he wont stay in Cleveland) to Knicks/Nets/Heat/Bulls and get your ass kicked from a new eastern powerhouse

2) S&T for Damp and waive him straight after the trade. Moneywise its exactly like 1) with additional 2 first round picks, Roddy and 3 mio cash AND shipping him into the west.

So retard, do you get it now why Cleveland would/should do it if James is planning to leave?

WESTACKED
05-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Hey Rogue...and what does Dallas have to offer for LeBron?
Shite is expiring too but why should Cavs choose him instead of Dampier's that gives the acquirer instant relief? or why should any other team choose Shite over Erica? C'mon, your language needs further honing before you can have a decent dickering with the respectable Rogue, you embalmed expatriate.

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm sure Cleveland wants talent. Beaubois isn't enough, and why would they want expirings when they will already be under the cap by a good amount?

LeBron will not walk away from the extra years in the deal.

CLE won't want to be seen by other potential free agents and their agents as "screwing" a player on the way out.

They'll work a S&T so LBJ gets the extra years and in return they'll get mostly expirings, picks, money, and young prospects because LBJ would not want to go to a stripped down team.

WESTACKED
05-19-2010, 10:20 AM
how about Mavs also gulp Jamison's contract? that has to be one ineluctable condition for taking Lebron away from the rebuilding Cleveland IMHO. Mavs have Caron Butler who's also an expiring contract in 2011 and who still plays the game, unlike the gigantic expiring contract that Houston holds.

djohn2oo8
05-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Shite is expiring too but why should Cavs choose him instead of Dampier's that gives the acquirer instant relief? or why should any other team choose Shite over Erica? C'mon, your language needs further honing before you can have a decent dickering with the respectable Rogue, you embalmed expatriate.

Reading comprehension, you should try it son. I said LeBron would never want to come to Houston, you see, we are realistic about our chances of getting LeBron which are zero, same as the Mavs. I mean, Cuban gets Marion and Butler, which add nothing to the Mavs. You really think he could get LeBron? But I'll drop the subject, and leave you and your fellow partners in infinite delusion. Not even a Rocky Balboa would be delusional as Mav fans :lol

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm telling you Dallas is an option. ESPN, SI, etc. wouldn't mention them if they weren't. I know you fvckers hate the Mavs, but you're just looking stupid here.

WESTACKED
05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
LeBron will not walk away from the extra years in the deal.

CLE won't want to be seen by other potential free agents and their agents as "screwing" a player on the way out.

They'll work a S&T so LBJ gets the extra years and in return they'll get mostly expirings, picks, money, and young prospects because LBJ would not want to go to a stripped down team.
exactly what the Mavs afford to offer. Maybe Butler will be gone too but that won't be anything troublesome with Lebron in blue jersey. Lebron stays healthy 365 days in a year and plays 40min an average night. Marion will continue to play SF and Dirk PF, with Jamison backing them up.

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Let's try this.

Instead of saying with have Erick Dampier's contract.

Let's just say we have 13 million dollars in "cap room", because that's what he amounts to.

Dampier = our "cap room"

So if LBJ says I want to go to the Mavs the Cavs would trade for Dampier and be in the same position as if LBJ had gone to NY, NJ, CHI, MIA. As a plus for LBJ if he goes this route he gets the extra years and raise that go along with signing with Cle.

As a bonus, Dallas can say thank you to the cavs by adding on cash and picks.

Plus, CLE gets to send LBJ out west so they only get to play him twice (once in CLE)

Does that make sense now?

WESTACKED
05-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Reading comprehension, you should try it son. I said LeBron would never want to come to Houston, you see, we are realistic about our chances of getting LeBron which are zero, same as the Mavs. I mean, Cuban gets Marion and Butler, which add nothing to the Mavs. You really think he could get LeBron? But I'll drop the subject, and leave you and your fellow partners in infinite delusion. Not even a Rocky Balboa would be delusional as Mav fans :lol
stop posting, you dumb expatriated fuck.

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 10:29 AM
djohn and 21, biggest pussies in the world :lol

dont be SO scared Jesus... its just NBA basketball. :lmao

21_Blessings
05-19-2010, 10:35 AM
So if LBJ says I want to go to the Mavs

Like that's going to happen. This is why Dallas fan will be forever retarded.

djohn2oo8

:rollin

Ghazi

jeez.... the pot is calling the barack hussein obama black. :depressed :( :(

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 10:36 AM

That's fine. That's the only arguement you have. Everything else is valid. I rest my case. Go back to being a dumb fvck now.

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 10:37 AM

Nice, you got owned on the workings of the trade, so you resort to the smilies

21_Blessings
05-19-2010, 10:39 AM
That's the only arguement you have. .

It's the only argument that matters.

djohn2oo8
05-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Nice, you got owned on the workings of the trade, so you resort to the smilies

:lmao at Making up trades that LeBron would never agree to

djohn2oo8
05-19-2010, 10:40 AM
:lmao djohn is so desperate for approval he'll even suck a Lakerfan's dick.

He's like the Ron Artest of these boards, minus any discernible talent.

Mavfan resorting to a troll of a team that bent his team over and got dick whipped. Props for hiding your shame

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 10:41 AM

I agree

But it doesn't change the fact that you acted like a little child when I tried to explain how the trade would work and pretty much got owned in that regard. And when you did you resorted to this: :rollin

And now you're gonna go back to acting like a little snot nosed brat.

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 10:42 AM
:lmao djohn is so desperate for approval he'll even suck a Lakerfan's dick.

He's like the Ron Artest of these boards, minus any discernible talent.

Jeez, if this is as unrealistic as 21 and djohn claim, why they even posting? I mean, why waste time on something that can't happen?

Their hearts are scared... LeBron to Dallas strikes fear in the hearts of the enemies. It shall be done, it is the destiny of the Mavs to win multiple championships... every franchise has to start somewhere. Where were the Bulls before MJ? Spurs before Duncan?

Ah yes... they are scared indeed :( :( :depressed

sefant77
05-19-2010, 10:45 AM

Nice try not to admit that you was too stupid to understand the financial and trade scenario around Damp.

James probably wont end up in Dallas or dont wanna come to here but you are still a retard.

21_Blessings
05-19-2010, 10:45 AM
But it doesn't change the fact that you acted like a little child when I tried to explain how the trade would work and pretty much got owned in that regard. And when you did you resorted to this: :rollin

You didn't prove shit. Cleveland would still have zero reason to make that delusional fantasy trade that hasn't even been approved by the CBA.

And now you're gonna go back to acting like a little snot nosed brat.

And now you're gonna go back jerking off to your Lebron James wet dream. You know, the dream that has 0% chance of happening.

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Ah yes... the Bulls won their 1st title in the Lakers den... yes, Magic passed the torch to Jordan.

All of us with a brain know LeBron is better than Kobe now, but there's never been a passing of the torch. I suspect the WCF will have a similar feel to Game 5 of the 1991 NBA Finals... the end of one era, the beginning of another. With the Mavs winning their 1st championship in the process

7xx3gGMY8cE

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 10:48 AM
You didn't prove shit. Cleveland would still have zero reason to make that delusional fantasy trade that hasn't even been approved by the CBA.

And now you're gonna go back jerking off to your Lebron James wet dream. You know, the dream that has 0% chance of happening.

God, I wish your dad had pulled out. He'd did a grave disservice to the rest of society. You are one dumb motherfvcker

djohn2oo8
05-19-2010, 10:49 AM
http://www.northeastern.edu/magazine/winter06/images/sports1.jpg

"At the end of the day, my job is safe mothafuckas"

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 10:50 AM
If they truly believed LeBron had no chance of coming to Dallas, would they really want to argue for pages on end over it? I have no interest in arguing for pages over the existence of unicorns because I don't believe they exist. If someone truly believed there was no chance of LeBron being in Dallas, they'd treat it like a claim that unicorns exist. They'd ignore it.

The fact that they've spent countless pages trying to refute the prophecy of LeBron to Dallas only proves they actually believe it can happen and they're scared shitless that it will happen.

I'm not even saying it will happen. I'm just saying that we have the cap room to do it without adding any further burden to the cavs. And these dumb fucking idiots still won't admit it. . . or maybe they really are just that stupid.

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 10:51 AM
I smell the fear...to steal a line from ginobili's bald spot... their tears sustain me :cry :cry

When it happens, they will use a slew of defense mechanisms "No big deal, LeBron and Dirk will just choke. We can't provide any basketball related reasons why the Mavs will not win a title, but they will just choke dammit!" :cry

And when the Mavs win 68-70 regular season games, they'll sing the same tune.

When the Mavs go 16-3 in the playoffs, they will be helpless
:lmao :lmao

this I vow.

djohn2oo8
05-19-2010, 10:52 AM
2nd best point guard in the league ecstasy, bitches

Flux451
05-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Can Spurs fans start making delusional Wade in Spurs uniform pics?

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Can Spurs fans start making delusional Wade in Spurs uniform pics?

What you gonna trade for him that leaves the Heat in the same position they were before the trade?

Muser
05-19-2010, 11:03 AM
What you gonna trade for him that leaves the Heat in the same position they were before the trade?

Charles Barkley 2.0

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Charles Barkley 2.0

Doesn't make enough.

Look, all I'm saying is that the Mavs have the cap space to sign LeBron. Never mind that trade part, Dampiers contract acts as cap room & the Cavs will be the same financially as if LBJ went to any of the other teams with cap room.

So it's not a trade it's essentially a signing.

sefant77
05-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Charles Barkley 2.0

You mean the guy that wont be in the league anymore in 5 years due to his knees?

greensborohill
05-19-2010, 11:10 AM
You mean the guy that wont be in the league anymore in 5 years due to his knees?

C'mon

Give him credit. That guy is a good player.

sefant77
05-19-2010, 11:23 AM
C'mon

Give him credit. That guy is a good player.

I like Blair and last years draft i was yelling toward my TV to buy a damn pick to steal him beginning of the 2nd round.

But honestly i dont see him in the league in a few years, his knee wont make it so far. Sadly, because he is a beast.

mogrovejo
05-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Gilbert Arenas. It seems Ferry thinks that way. It's going to be hilarious to see Cleveland fans back-pedalling if LBJ ends up staying there.