PDA

View Full Version : Amare talking shit on Pau before game

PGDynasty24
05-17-2010, 06:10 PM
LOS ANGELES -- When the Oklahoma City Thunder strolled into Staples Center for a pivotal Game 5 in their first round series with the Lakers, the sense of urgency needed in that moment was nowhere to be found.

When asked about the overwhelming amount of historical evidence that the winner of that game typically went on to win the series, Thunder players I spoke with talked and acted as if it was just another game. They would attempt to be at their best, as always, but there was no tough talk or swagger of any kind, no edge or necessary attitude. They were, of course, subsequently bounced from that night's outing and the series itself one game later.

Fast forward to today's Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals, and it's an entirely different scene with these Phoenix Suns. At least if you count Amar'e Stoudemire as the team's spokesman.

As if being picked against by almost every media pundit out there isn't enough to stoke the Suns' fire, they continue to hear about the Lakers' frontcourt that so many expect to have its way with Stoudemire & Co.

"We definitely play down low," Stoudemire said when asked if he was tired of hearing about the 7-foot duo of Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum. "They just have two guys, so once you beat Gasol you have your little brother right behind you. That makes him a better player.

"I played against Gasol in Memphis, and it was total domination. But now he has his little brother with him so he's a little bit more confident now because he has someone to help him out in the post. But we're still here. We're back, and we're going to see what happens tonight."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/05/17/stoudemire-vows-no-mercy-against-lakers-big-men/

Big talk Amar'e. We will see how much of that shit talk works for you on floor tonight

j.dizzle
05-17-2010, 06:15 PM
This aint shit talking son..Pau wasnt as confident & dominant till he started playing with Kobe..Amare is more intimidated by Bynum anyways.

PGDynasty24
05-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Amar'e trying to act hard is hilarious. Because he is one of the least intimidating players in the NBA

ginobili's bald spot
05-17-2010, 06:19 PM
"I played against Gasol in Memphis, and it was total domination. But now he has his little brother with him so he's a little bit more confident now because he has someone to help him out in the post. But we're still here. We're back, and we're going to see what happens tonight."

I guess Amare didn't get the memo from spurstalk that Pau carries teams.

sribb43
05-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Over/under on how many times Amare dunks on Pau during the series?

Koolaid_Man
05-17-2010, 06:25 PM
LOS ANGELES -- When the Oklahoma City Thunder strolled into Staples Center for a pivotal Game 5 in their first round series with the Lakers, the sense of urgency needed in that moment was nowhere to be found.

When asked about the overwhelming amount of historical evidence that the winner of that game typically went on to win the series, Thunder players I spoke with talked and acted as if it was just another game. They would attempt to be at their best, as always, but there was no tough talk or swagger of any kind, no edge or necessary attitude. They were, of course, subsequently bounced from that night's outing and the series itself one game later.

Fast forward to today's Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals, and it's an entirely different scene with these Phoenix Suns. At least if you count Amar'e Stoudemire as the team's spokesman.

As if being picked against by almost every media pundit out there isn't enough to stoke the Suns' fire, they continue to hear about the Lakers' frontcourt that so many expect to have its way with Stoudemire & Co.

"We definitely play down low," Stoudemire said when asked if he was tired of hearing about the 7-foot duo of Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum. "They just have two guys, so once you beat Gasol you have your little brother right behind you. That makes him a better player.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/05/17/stoudemire-vows-no-mercy-against-lakers-big-men/

Big talk Amar'e. We will see how much of that shit talk works for you on floor tonight

Amare...that Nigga just mad his ugly ass can't pimp it like dis:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/9500.png

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/champagne_bottle.jpg

TampaDude
05-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Amar'e is gonna shit all over Gasoft.

4>0rings
05-17-2010, 06:43 PM
over/under on how many times amare dunks on pau during the series?
+/- 6

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-17-2010, 06:46 PM
The Suns have talked an awful lot of shit in the last week and they better be ready to back it up.

HarlemHeat37
05-17-2010, 06:51 PM
I like his quote about banging up Bynum some more..hopefully he backs this all up, he better not come out with a 8-21 game..

poop
05-17-2010, 07:23 PM
haha i thought it said

"amare taking shit on pau before game'

namlook
05-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Amar'e is gonna shit all over Gasoft.

The thing is Amare is such a weak post defender Bynum and Gasol will shit on him right back.

Killakobe81
05-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Amar'e trying to act hard is hilarious. Because he is one of the least intimidating players in the NBA

But he dunks when wide open and yells!!!!