PDA

View Full Version : Could they let him walk away?

Chubby_Love
05-18-2010, 02:24 AM
I know that I haven't posted much on Spurstalk, but I have been a Spurs fans as long as I can remember. I also remember this team trading George Gervin, and Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_. Could there be a possibility that we might see Tim Duncan on the trading block as he gets older or they let him go two years from now. I would hate to see it, but for many; This is a business, and "Business Decisions" must be made. I don't think it will ever happen, but can it happen? :flag:

scottspurs
05-18-2010, 02:26 AM
Tim Duncan will retire a Spur and I will bet every dime I have.

DesignatedT
05-18-2010, 02:28 AM
I know that I haven't posted much on Spurstalk, but I have been a Spurs fans as long as I can remember. I also remember this team trading George Gervin, and Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_. Could there be a possibility that we might see Tim Duncan on the trading block as he gets older or they let him go two years from now. I would hate to see it, but for many; This is a business, and "Business Decisions" must be made. I don't think it will ever happen, but can it happen? :flag:

no.

Chubby_Love
05-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Tim Duncan will retire a Spur and I will bet every dime I have.
I agree with you there.

Ginobilly
05-18-2010, 02:32 AM

Trading Tim???? Are you fuckin serious? He's the main reason San Antonio has won 4 championships. I could contemplate the Spurs trading the manu's and Parker's if it means making the team better, but never the Duncans. Well, true, the Spurs did trade their Gervin, but he was never a true franchise player. More like the Carmelo Anthony of 80's but with a better attitude.

4>0rings
05-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Getting worse than Spurfan with Laker trolls.

Chubby_Love
05-18-2010, 02:36 AM
Getting worse than Spurfan with Laker trolls. :wakeup Oh...Great! 'Cause I asked a hypothetical question, now I'm a troll? Great! I thought I was among Spurs fans.

slick'81
05-18-2010, 02:45 AM
tim will not leave sa.

can it happen sure but with each year that passes the chances of getting equal value diminishes

SpursRulez4eVeR
05-18-2010, 08:48 AM
I know that I haven't posted much on Spurstalk

stay that way

bishopospurs
05-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Sorry Chuby_Love, it can be disappointing on these boards. The reason I am convinced Tim retires a spur is because he will know when to walk away. Unlike a lot of stars that went to other teams. It is a mix of not being able to let go (Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing, Michael Jordan) or super stars leave to find a contender (Kevin Garnett, Shaq, Karl Malone). He has rings, though I would love to see more, and he will be more like David Robinson than Brett Favre.
On top of that, this FO would never pull an Iceman after all the loyalty Tim has shown.

wildbill2u
05-18-2010, 02:36 PM
I'd bet that Duncan will retire a Spur, but I would've bet that way on Gervin as well.

Eventually Gervin came back home and became part of the Spurs org. forever, but he wanted to play another couple of years and the staff wouldn't let him have a guarantee about remaining a starter or minutes.

I don't think Timmy will want to play one second longer than he thinks his ability to play at a high level remains.

Ocotillo
05-18-2010, 03:13 PM
The difference between Tim (and Manu for that matter) and when Gervin was traded and Sean Elliott was traded is the managment and ownership. This group appears to put more stock into respecting the athlete even as he declines in productivity.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Bored Mavs fans.