PDA

View Full Version : Pop should be fired

kobyz
05-18-2010, 04:36 AM
i don't see Pop get blame for this season! after all the moves that the front office did, with great roster he had very disappointed season, bad regular season, get swept by a crap team like PHX in the second round, also Pop himself said after the Jefferson trade that if he isn't win the title he should be getting fired!
for several years Pop is not good, he need to be replaced, he got too many days of grace!

admiralsnackbar
05-18-2010, 04:43 AM
bKHFUjNw70A

Bukefal
05-18-2010, 04:44 AM
I dont even know why im replying to this pointless thread, but man, are you insane?
You should think a little bit more and see what Pop means for the Spurs organisation and also overthink what he has done and accomplished for the Spurs.

Pop is one of the best coaches in the world, he is the Spurs, he made this organisation to what it is today, its principles its image its everything. He brought so much success to this team. Why the hell would they want to fire him? lol, instead we should be lucky Pop still wants to coach and isnt retiring!! Popovich being the coach at the Spurs, is different than other coaches at their teams.

And then what, if he is fired? Who should the Spurs get?

SpursTillTheEnd
05-18-2010, 05:00 AM
Man i done told yall fire pop for eddie shes the best coach ever

Chubby_Love
05-18-2010, 06:05 AM
i don't see Pop get blame for this season! after all the moves that the front office did, with great roster he had very disappointed season, bad regular season, get swept by a crap team like PHX in the second round, also Pop himself said after the Jefferson trade that if he isn't win the title he should be getting fired!
for several years Pop is not good, he need to be replaced, he got too many days of grace!

This is stupid. Who's going to replace Pop once he's fired? No way in hell The Spurs are ever going to fire Popovich! :lmao

TJastal
05-18-2010, 06:14 AM
Pop can't be fired, or we wouldn't have anyone to laugh at anymore. And what would become of the Pollyana Popper club? Life just wouldn't be the same without the poppers' weekly coffee & tea meet & greets

kobyz
05-18-2010, 06:30 AM
the fact that he gave the Spurs a lot in the past doesn't saying the team should be giving to him forever, Pop is not what he was in the Past, he lost it.

jermaine
05-18-2010, 08:21 AM
I was 1s thinkin Pop should b fired at 1st but then I seen da Cavs playoff gms! As long as the Coach has da players respect he should stay. Mike Brown should b fired. They do not respect dat nigga!

Dr. Gonzo
05-18-2010, 08:42 AM
They weren't winning the championship with any coach.

Bender
05-18-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm surprised Fabbs has not given props to this thread yet

Fabbs
05-18-2010, 09:30 AM
The question is how should he be fired?

Lowered into a vat of alchohol?
How about if the owner stood up and folded his arms staring off into space and then did the 4 Down sign, waving goodbye?
Should the PollyAnna Poppers be informed so they can prepare a huge sendoff with all members attending and raspberry chocolate chip cookies and tea?

nkdlunch
05-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Phil >>>>>>>>>>> Pop

spursfaninla
05-18-2010, 11:50 AM
so after we accomplish the easy step of having phil on hold for next year, lets fire pop. Unless we want to hire some one-and-done coaches like Avery or Porter.

GhosTown
05-18-2010, 11:54 AM
They weren't winning the championship with any coach.

True!

But to get swept by Suns is embarrassing. Fucking embarrassing!

Gentry can hardly speak. The only thing he ever says is "Its a long game. OK"

But obviously it was enough to beat Pop's Dumb ass.

But Gentry is not the only one. Sloan, handed him his ass this year and so did Nate. Then we lost to the Nets.

I would have fired his ass on the spot for that one.

Many like to live in the past with the 4 championships but that was more TD than it was Pop. Only a new kinda fool expects to win with Bonner on the floor.

eisfeld
05-18-2010, 12:22 PM
That's exactly the problem every major sport has. Buy/Trade for a bunch of stars - let them play together and afterwards they wonder why they haven'T won shit. Like: "Hey on paper we have the best team, we shoud have won it all". - Next step: Find the scapegoat - It can't be that a team full of superstars and borderline stars fails so the coach is the scapegoat most of the time. - Then they fire him, get another coach - retool the roster and wonder why they still don't win anything.

You need both to be successful - a good coach for more than a lousy season and a good roster. Lakes had a lousy season a couple of years ago and didn't fire Phil. Now look where they are now - defending champs and on their way to maybe another. Had they fired Phil, I highly doubt they would have won last season.

The time will come when Pop has to go but not now - compared to last year I thought he did a better job this year. Next year it should be a lot easier.

Dr. Gonzo
05-18-2010, 12:33 PM
True!

But Gentry is not the only one. Sloan, handed him his ass this year and so did Nate. Then we lost to the Nets.

Many like to live in the past with the 4 championships but that was more TD than it was Pop. Only a new kinda fool expects to win with Bonner on the floor.

great post

lol

DesignatedT
05-18-2010, 12:35 PM
you should be banned

duhoh
05-18-2010, 12:35 PM
what, you think some other coach would've gotten this squad past the likes of LAL?

:td

any idiot can criticize. offer solutions. another name to the ignore list.

WildcardManu
05-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Who is a better coach then Pop?

Get the fuck out of here. Jackson, Sloan, and Pop are the best in the league.

cheguevara
05-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Pop is senile as fuck and won't take us anywhere. But he is still better than 99.9% of what's available out there

admiralsnackbar
05-18-2010, 01:19 PM
It was all Pop's fault that:

RMJ couldn't hit the broad side of a barn or play D (while simultaneously being untradeable) prior to the deadline.

Bogans was a poor man's poor man's Bowen who had trouble guarding without fouling and was in a shooting slump most of the season.

Bonner was in a shooting slump.

Mahinmi was not ready for prime-time despite an eternity of preparation (both physical and mental).

RJ was an under-performing pussy who seemed to forget we hired him to be a slasher, not a jump-shooter.

Blair was a foul-prone rook.

Hairston had no handles.

Finley and Theo wanted out.

Fire Pop! Bring back the real architect of the Spurs: Bob Muthafuckin' Hill!

WalterBenitez
05-18-2010, 02:12 PM
POP is his own boss, right?

ChumpDumper
05-18-2010, 02:24 PM
i don't see Pop get blame for this season!Then you're doing it wrong.

Strike
05-18-2010, 03:18 PM
True!

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/cool_story_bro.jpg