PDA

View Full Version : Are the Suns experiencing SpursoverMavsin6itis?

Fpoonsie
05-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Forgive me for the horribly uncreative new term, but I was curious. The Spurs finally got over the hump in overcoming their pesky little brother to the north in the playoffs. After that series, there was a significant drop-off in productivity and aggressiveness from SA. They came up against a team they've had repeated success over, and proceeded to lay an egg. That's not to say that PHO wasn't the better team -- you get swept by another team that handily, the superior opponent is rather obvious -- but one has to wonder.

The Suns FINALLY got that SA monkey off their back, and now they're playing a team that may indeed be better than them. However, are they 20+ points in game 1 better? That's debatable. Guess we'll know more after game 2.

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Forgive me for the horribly uncreative new term, but I was curious. The Spurs finally got over the hump in overcoming their pesky little brother to the north in the playoffs. After that series, there was a significant drop-off in productivity and aggressiveness from SA. They came up against a team they've had repeated success over, and proceeded to lay an egg. That's not to say that PHO wasn't the better team -- you get swept by another team that handily, the superior opponent is rather obvious -- but one has to wonder.

The Suns FINALLY got that SA monkey off their back, and now they're playing a team that may indeed be better than them. However, are they 20+ points in game 1 better? That's debatable. Guess we'll know more after game 2.

no, fuck you

Fpoonsie
05-18-2010, 03:17 PM
no, fuck you

:lol

I'm simply not clever enough to think up something better.

hater
05-18-2010, 03:34 PM
I was thinking something similar.

It's the Suns, they will never win anything just like the Mavs. But I don't think it has much to do with the Spurs. Suns and Mavs just play their little hearts out vs. the Spurs for some reason, and then proceed to bend over vs. other teams.

This Suns team gave up this WC Finals series in the 1st quarter of game 1. why play the rest of the games? the series is already decided.

BUMP
05-18-2010, 03:36 PM
No its very simple. Lakers are just way better. Thats all.

Nobody is "relieved" to beat the Spurs. Nobody takes them seriously anymore except Spur fans themselves.

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 03:37 PM
It was better when hater wasn't posting :)

hater
05-18-2010, 03:39 PM
well aside from the fact that at some point Spurs were feared and respected and achieved 4 championships, while Mavs/Suns were never respected or won anything.

Reality now is all 3 teams, noone takes them seriously, they all are on the same boat, on route to years and years of mediocrity.

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 03:39 PM
well aside from the fact that at some point Spurs were feared and respected, while Mavs/Suns never were.

Reality now is all 3 teams, noone takes them seriously, they all are on the same boat, on route to years and years of mediocrity.

Speak for your own team

<---------

hater
05-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Lol

Fpoonsie
05-18-2010, 03:42 PM
No its very simple. Lakers are just way better. Thats all.

Nobody is "relieved" to beat the Spurs. Nobody takes them seriously anymore except Spur fans themselves.

I dunno. Hell, I was terrified of the Mavs, and mos def "relieved" to get past them. As far as the Suns are concerned, I don't think it's a stretch to assume that overcoming that oft-referenced "psychological edge" the Spurs had over them was a "relief" as well. Reports that Nash was seen crying after the 4th game only further support that idea.

rAm
05-18-2010, 03:44 PM
rofl

hater
05-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Reports that Nash was seen crying after the 4th game only further support that idea.

:lmao :lmao

for real??????

any pics????

:lmao :lmao :lmao

that is pathetic and sad

Fpoonsie
05-18-2010, 03:52 PM

for real??????

any pics????

that is pathetic and sad

Take it with a grain of slat, TBH. I had heard it on the radio, but I'm currently trying to find some link to support it.

I ain't editing shit, though, REGARDLESS of what I find.

:king

clambake
05-18-2010, 03:52 PM
I dunno. Hell, I was terrified of the Mavs, and mos def "relieved" to get past them. As far as the Suns are concerned, I don't think it's a stretch to assume that overcoming that oft-referenced "psychological edge" the Spurs had over them was a "relief" as well. Reports that Nash was seen crying after the 4th game only further support that idea.

i'm sorry to be the one to inform you that the mavs took out the spurs with an elbow to the nose.

mavs succeeded with their goal.

i never understood what all this "trophy" talk is about.

hater
05-18-2010, 04:16 PM
i'm sorry to be the one to inform you that the mavs took out the spurs with an elbow to the nose.

mavs succeeded with their goal.

i never understood what all this "trophy" talk is about.

I agree. And Spurs took care of the Suns with an elbow to the orbital bone.

clambake
05-18-2010, 04:24 PM
true. its not about your own death, its about how mortally wounded you left your killer.

JamStone
05-18-2010, 04:29 PM
I think this year, it's just the better team simply plays better and wins in each series.

clambake
05-18-2010, 04:31 PM
I think this year, it's just the better team simply plays better and wins in each series.

fuck you and your rational thinking.

Spurstro
05-18-2010, 04:33 PM

for real??????

any pics????

that is pathetic and sad

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100510&sportCat=nba

From Bill Simmons...

"When players are bawling in their locker room because they finally beat you (like Nash did after Game 4), you know you accomplished something great. "

Fpoonsie
05-18-2010, 05:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100510&sportCat=nba

From Bill Simmons...

"When players are bawling in their locker room because they finally beat you (like Nash did after Game 4), you know you accomplished something great. "

Oh, yeah. Bill Simmons said it.

Thanks.

ezau
05-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Reports that Nash was seen crying

The Spurs really fucked up Nash's career bigtime. Sure, the Suns were clearly the better team against the Spurs, but does anyone believe that they can beat the Lakers in the WCF. For this Suns team, beating the Spurs was good enough. It's already a successful season by their standards.

Capt Bringdown
05-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Think of the financial ramifications of the Suns win over the Spurs. Kerr and Gentry, especially. There was a lot on the line for them professionally.
No matter what happens in the near term, they'll be able to milk this win for years to come I expect.

Beating the Spurs was the Suns championship. They're done.

Fpoonsie
05-19-2010, 01:17 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/10msf7s.gif

Looks like a championship celebration/pants creaming to me.

Cane
05-19-2010, 01:18 AM
Think of the financial ramifications of the Suns win over the Spurs. Kerr and Gentry, especially. There was a lot on the line for them professionally.
No matter what happens in the near term, they'll be able to milk this win for years to come I expect.

Beating the Spurs was the Suns championship. They're done.

Yup but its one hell of a moral accomplishment to take down your nemesis.

Wonder what the Suns will do when Amar'e leaves 'em.

Ignignokt
05-19-2010, 01:30 AM
It's pretty simple guys.. Cane loves DixNdaMoufCaksNdaAzz.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 01:34 AM
It's the Suns, they will never win anything just like the Mavs.

It's funny Spurfan acts like the Spurs have a rich history if winning championships when the only reason they have more championships than Phoenix or Dallas is the 8% chance at Duncan in 1997.

Cane
05-19-2010, 01:37 AM
It's pretty simple guys.. I loves DixNdaMoufCaksNdaAzz.

:downspin:

Fpoonsie
05-19-2010, 01:38 AM
It's funny Spurfan acts like the Spurs have a rich history if winning championships when the only reason they have more championships than Phoenix or Dallas is the 8% chance at Duncan in 1997.

People always say that, aside from talent and chemistry, 'chips take a little bit of luck, too.

Shortened season, Dirk's injury, Horry's clutch shooting, and the infamous suspensions. I readily admit that those were incredibly fortuitous for SA...and I couldn't care less.

Ignignokt
05-19-2010, 01:38 AM
:downspin:

Is that how you fell out of your mother's vagina, effortlessly?

Cane
05-19-2010, 01:44 AM
Is that how I fell out of my mother's vagina, effortlessly?

From what she told me.

Shastafarian
05-19-2010, 04:24 AM

:rollin

The only reason something is true is because it happened! So there! Jesus dude your series isn't even over and you've gone to "gotta trash the spurs so I can feel good" mode.

ezau
05-19-2010, 05:30 AM

LMAO. If our FO and coaching staff didn't work as hard in the past decade, do you think Duncan would win a championship by himself? Look at Garnett's career, he could have won championships in Minnesota if the team's organization cared just a little bit.

The Suns had their chance since Barkley's days, but well, we all know what happened during that time.

ezau
05-19-2010, 05:32 AM
Alvin Gentry can lay claim that he is the only Suns coach to figure out how to beat the Spurs. As a result, he'll stay in Phoenix for the next 5-6 years. Good job securing his future there.

cheguevara
05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
:lmao

vicphoenix13
05-19-2010, 11:44 AM
The Spurs really fucked up Nash's career bigtime. Sure, the Suns were clearly the better team against the Spurs, but does anyone believe that they can beat the Lakers in the WCF. For this Suns team, beating the Spurs was good enough. It's already a successful season by their standards.

There's no shame in losing out to the Spurs and Lakers. Those are the only two teams in the West that have won titles in the last 15 years. As someone who is from Nash's hometown, what he has accomplished is way beyond anyone's expectations. Despite not being recruited to a U.S. university, Nash never gave up and got Santa Clara to give him a chance. He helped lead that university to two upset wins over Arizona and Maryland in the NCAA tournament. When he got to the NBA, everyone around here thought he would be a career backup. But he shocked everyone when he got to be an allstar level in 2000. He may not have a title, but his individual numbers put him among the top ten point guards of all time.

Muser
05-19-2010, 11:46 AM

Damn, I mean the OP is retarded but this is pretty bad.

Giuseppe
05-19-2010, 11:46 AM
If you don't ring, yer white bread, Vic.

And daddy-O, you know it.

Giuseppe
05-19-2010, 11:47 AM

Nonetheless, Muse, it's true.

Fpoonsie
05-19-2010, 11:54 AM

What's so "retarded" about it? I'm simply asking a question.

Do the Spurs still get beat by the Suns no matter who they play the previous round? Absolutely.

Do the Spurs still get SWEPT if they hadn't played Dallas the previous round (Ginobili's injury notwithstanding)? Nope.

I admit the term for what they may've "come down with" was lame, but regardless...

Muser
05-19-2010, 11:58 AM
What's so "retarded" about it? I'm simply asking a question.

I admit the term for what they may've "come down with" was lame, but regardless...

Yeah that's what I meant lol.

Nonetheless, Muse, it's true.

Well yeah, but the same can be said for any team that has won a title with the number one pick. And the Spurs had a 21% chance at the top pick, not 8%.

Fpoonsie
05-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah that's what I meant lol.

:lol Oh. Well, it's too late now. My lack of creativity has gone public.

vicphoenix13
05-19-2010, 12:11 PM
If you don't ring, yer white bread, Vic.

And daddy-O, you know it.

Forgive me for not being able to figure out what the hell you are trying to say.

Giuseppe
05-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Forgive me for not being able to figure out what the hell you are trying to say.

You understand just fine.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 12:17 PM
LMAO. If our FO and coaching staff didn't work as hard in the past decade, do you think Duncan would win a championship by himself? Look at Garnett's career, he could have won championships in Minnesota if the team's organization cared just a little bit.

The Suns had their chance since Barkley's days, but well, we all know what happened during that time.

Neither Barkley nor KG are anything close to the franchise player Duncan was. You put either one of those guys on the 2003 Spurs and they don't get past the 2nd round. On the flip side, you put Tim Duncan on the 1993 Suns or 1995 Suns and they win a championship at least 1 of those two years, possibly both.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm not saying the Spurs 4 championships don't count, I'm just saying SA has them because they lucked into a once in a generation big man, not because they're some awesome well oiled machine of a franchise that just has an acumen for winning championships.

Giuseppe
05-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Duncan my be young & gay, but, he does know his NBA.

Cane
05-19-2010, 12:49 PM

I thought those types were right up your alley?

Mori Chu
05-19-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm not saying the Spurs 4 championships don't count, I'm just saying SA has them because they lucked into a once in a generation big man, not because they're some awesome well oiled machine of a franchise that just has an acumen for winning championships.

I hate the Spurs as much as anybody. But this is just ignorant BS here. Spurs have made a ton of wise FO decisions, from discovering Manu and Parker to picking up role players like Bowen, Horry, Finley, etc. It goes on and on. And of course you have to credit them for putting the masterful Popovich in charge; Nash is right, he's by far the best coach in the NBA.

To say the Spurs lucked into all their titles just because of some ping-pong balls is preposterous. Now, the 2006 Heat, that's a fluke champion. They bought themselves a title trading for old fat Shaq Daddy.

ezau
05-19-2010, 08:38 PM
There's no shame in losing out to the Spurs and Lakers. Those are the only two teams in the West that have won titles in the last 15 years. As someone who is from Nash's hometown, what he has accomplished is way beyond anyone's expectations. Despite not being recruited to a U.S. university, Nash never gave up and got Santa Clara to give him a chance. He helped lead that university to two upset wins over Arizona and Maryland in the NCAA tournament. When he got to the NBA, everyone around here thought he would be a career backup. But he shocked everyone when he got to be an allstar level in 2000. He may not have a title, but his individual numbers put him among the top ten point guards of all time.

Personally, I like Nash better than Stockton.

ezau
05-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Neither Barkley nor KG are anything close to the franchise player Duncan was. You put either one of those guys on the 2003 Spurs and they don't get past the 2nd round. On the flip side, you put Tim Duncan on the 1993 Suns or 1995 Suns and they win a championship at least 1 of those two years, possibly both.

Mmm, now this gets interesting. Barkley playing for the Spurs in 03 would, at best reach the NBA Finals. Garnett is a different creature though, as much as I love and admire Duncan's body of work, Garnett has what it takes to win the championship if he played for the Spurs in 03. I mean, I think Duncan is overall a better player than KG, but there's no denying that KG is a great player himself.

anonoftheinternets
05-19-2010, 09:36 PM

umm and scouting and finding parker/ginobili and now hill (not on par with manu and tony, but who expected anything from this kid from iupui) is not an achievement?

OR coming up with their unique defensive principles (forgoing offensive rebounds for transition D, and emphasis on Defensive rebounding, forcing opponents into mid range jumpers ... ) ?

scanry
05-19-2010, 10:08 PM

There are few players who you can surround a few roles players and instantly become a title contender. I only see three players post the Jordan era who i would want to build a team around -> Shaq, Duncan & Kobe. That's it no more than 3. However having Duncan alone wouldn't have brought the Spurs 4 chips over the last decade. Manu, Tony, Robinson, Mario Ellie, Horry were not some ordinary role players. BTW Mario Ellie was one of my favorite players of all time. Junk Yard Dogggg Bitches!!!!

BTW people always assume that Pop made Duncan a better player (Post game), but i disagree Duncan made Pop a Hall of Fame coach. Duncan was so fundamentally sound in his rookie year that you could really see the smile on Pop that year.

scanry
05-19-2010, 10:14 PM

Culburn will troll some Spurs, Mavs, and Suns fans to death, but you'll always see him back up people like DOK, Lakarluva, Ghazi, Jamstone and a few spurs fans.

Hey Cul doesn't always enjoy trolling!!! :wow

4>0rings
05-19-2010, 10:34 PM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://gossiboocrew.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/george-hill-ops-01.jpg&ei=Va30S7_WDYL_8AbN0Y20Cg&sa=X&oi=image_landing_page_redirect&ct=legacy&usg=AFQjCNG51OyTZSWTXepB377ivikDeMiU0w