PDA

View Full Version : You don't professionalize...

Yonivore
05-18-2010, 07:29 PM
...until you federalize.

TSA Agent Accused of Stealing Cash from Wheelchair-Bound Woman (http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/tsa-agents-accused-of-stealing-cash-from-elderly-woman-in-wheelchair-94179834.html)

ChumpDumper
05-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Yep, Bush federalized it.

Duff McCartney
05-18-2010, 07:44 PM
What is the point of this posting? And of the title of this thread?

ChumpDumper
05-18-2010, 08:01 PM
He's just bashing W some more. He's angry.

Yonivore
05-18-2010, 08:04 PM
What is the point of this posting? And of the title of this thread?
John Stossel: Federalizing Airports (http://abcnews.go.com/2020/GiveMeABreak/story?id=123823&page=1)

Since Sept. 11, there has been lots of criticism of airport security. We all want to make flying safe, but I get nervous when 100 senators say, "We know the solution: Let government run things."

"If you don't have federalism, it doesn't work," said Sen. John D. Rockefeller, D-W.Va.

"You can't professionalize unless you federalize," agreed Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, D-S.D.

In a 100-0 vote, the Senate passed a security bill that would put all 28,000 screeners and other airport security personnel on the federal payroll.
Just recalling some ancient history...

ChumpDumper
05-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah, Yoni really spoke out against this in November 2001 when all the Republicans voted for the law creating the TSA and W signed it. He's a true patriot.

Duff McCartney
05-18-2010, 09:00 PM
John Stossel: Federalizing Airports (http://abcnews.go.com/2020/GiveMeABreak/story?id=123823&page=1)

Just recalling some ancient history...

I don't see the correlation between someone stealing money from an old lady to the reason this was created in the first place, to prevent terrorist attacks on airplanes.

And Chump is right, that happened after 9/11 when a Republican president signed it into place. This is much ado about nothing.

Yonivore
05-18-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't see the correlation between someone stealing money from an old lady to the reason this was created in the first place, to prevent terrorist attacks on airplanes.

And Chump is right, that happened after 9/11 when a Republican president signed it into place. This is much ado about nothing.
You're right, this is the first unprofessional act by a TSA employee since they were instituted. What was I thinking?

DMX7
05-18-2010, 09:32 PM

ditto

Duff McCartney
05-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Right Yoni, I guess by your logic we should do away with the military since we've had numerous cases of abuse of power and killing of innocent civilians.

Once again your logic is flawed and makes absolutely no sense. It's ironic considering you've espoused your hatred of generalizing conservatives, yet you want to do away with the entire TSA because of the actions of 1...count it 1 person.

boutons_deux
05-19-2010, 12:15 PM
ankle-nipping Yoni dragging yet another rat turd and throwing his pile of rat turds, which amounts to ... a pile of rat turds.