PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona Offer Rudy Fernandez Contract = 3 Years $18.2 Million NBA Contract

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Is report in Spain that FC Barcelona has made offer to Rudy Fernandez for 3 years 7.5 million euros net income which is like 18.2 million gross NBA contract.

http://www.as.com/baloncesto/articulo/rosell-ofrece-rudy-75-millones/dasbal/20100518dasdaibal_3/Tes

Bob Lanier
05-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Not worth it, but I suppose you have to pay a premium to lure players to the backwater leagues.

Mel_13
05-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Too bad for Rudy that Portland still owns his ass for two more seasons and they have absolutely no reason to let him out of his contract.

Non-issue.

ducks
05-18-2010, 10:03 PM
rudy could cause cancer but portland would be dumb to not try to trade him first

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Too bad for Rudy that Portland still owns his ass for two more seasons and they have absolutely no reason to let him out of his contract.

Non-issue.

Wrong. Barcelona will pay his entire NBA salary buyout to secure him if he wants to leave. Just like PAO did with Spurs to get Spanoulis.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Not worth it, but I suppose you have to pay a premium to lure players to the backwater leagues.

The NBA is a backwater league. They said Rudy was best player in world not in NBA. That means NBA has extremely low level and poor scouting and general managers at level of a minor league organization.

Also they pay less to their players than the European clubs pay the same players. The league that pays the least is of course the junior varsity league which is NBA.

Mel_13
05-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Wrong. Barcelona will pay his entire NBA salary to secure him if he wants to leave.

:lol

Rudy is under contract. There is no buyout clause. He can only leave if Portland lets him go. They have absolutely no incentive do so and there's nothing that can compel them to do so.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2010, 10:15 PM

Rudy is under contract. There is no buyout clause. He can only leave if Portland lets him go. They have absolutely no incentive do so and there's nothing that can compel them to do so.

You always have your facts wrong. Rudy's contract has a 60% buyout. Is reported in European media. Barcelona will pay the money to Blazers if Rudy wants out of Portland. If the money is paid then he can void his contract.

This is the exact same thing Saras and Spanoulis did to get out of their contracts. You are just a fake expert that does not know what he is talking about. There is no such thing as a slave contract in NBA. Only NBA fans believe such nonsense. Rudy can get out of his contract for 60% whenever he wants to and Barca would pay it for him.

MarCowMar
05-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Given Europe's economic problems (or at least their earlier manifestation compared with our problems) we may see athletes start to disregard the small exchange benefits they see at the moment.

USA :)

dickface
05-18-2010, 10:23 PM
lol greece
lol entire country is bankrupt

Mel_13
05-18-2010, 10:23 PM
You always have your facts wrong. Rudy's contract has a 60% buyout. Is reported in European media. Barcelona will pay the money to Blazers if Rudy wants out of Portland. If the money is paid then he can void his contract.

This is the exact same thing Saras and Spanoulis did to get out of their contracts. You are just a fake expert that does not know what he is talking about. There is no such thing as a slave contract in NBA. Only NBA fans believe such nonsense. Rudy can get out of his contract for 60% whenever he wants to and Barca would pay it for him.

Saras and Vspan were let out of their contracts because they sucked and the teams that owned their rights were OK with letting them leave and getting the salary relief.

Rudy is under a rookie scale contract and has proven to be a valuable NBA player. Portland has no incentive to let him go. The 60% buyout is your usual complete fiction.

lil_penny
05-18-2010, 10:27 PM
There is no possible way portland would allow rudy to be bought out. He had a bad year last year, but he is what the teams needs and the fans want. He's been one of the more popular players and portland knows the fans want him here.

DPG21920
05-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Wow, the racism against the NBA KBP has shown is disgusting. I must report this.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Saras and Vspan were let out of their contracts because they sucked and the teams that owned their rights were OK with letting them leave and getting the salary relief.

Rudy is under a rookie scale contract and has proven to be a valuable NBA player. Portland has no incentive to let him go. The 60% buyout is your usual complete fiction.

You are wrong. Rudy told Barcelona he needs only 60% of his salary paid and he is let out of his NBA contract. You can make up whatever lies you want to as you are a professional liar. But you are still wrong.

DPG21920
05-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Link to Rudy's 60% buyout?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2010, 10:36 PM
There is no possible way portland would allow rudy to be bought out. He had a bad year last year, but he is what the teams needs and the fans want. He's been one of the more popular players and portland knows the fans want him here.

If he goes to Spain and never comes back to the US they will let him out of his contract. Please do not make up absurd nonsense. The NBA teams do not own the players. NBA fans sound like slave traders the way they talk some times.

No NBA team will force any player to play with them when he wants off the team and leaves the team to go to another country. You are just talking make believe.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2010, 10:38 PM

link to proof that no NBA player can get out of his contract because the team owns them?

EricB
05-18-2010, 10:40 PM
:lmao

mogrovejo
05-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Ahahaha, 60% buyout clause. :lmao

Mel_13
05-18-2010, 10:42 PM
You are wrong. Rudy told Barcelona he needs only 60% of his salary paid and he is let out of his NBA contract. You can make up whatever lies you want to as you are a professional liar. But you are still wrong.

:lol:lol:lol

Link to a legitimate source that this fictional 60% buyout exists or just go away.

mogrovejo
05-18-2010, 10:42 PM
KBP, your comments on the Spanish domination of European basketball: Eurobasket + Euroleague + Eurocup blowing out the opponents in every finals

+

Rubio elected the PG of All-ACB 1st team?

Thanks.

Bob Lanier
05-18-2010, 10:45 PM
So how does it feel being owned by Germany?

PGDynasty24
05-18-2010, 10:47 PM
The euro is on the decline,dollar is rising as our economy improves. But Rudy can go ahead and leave,he will be a star there he is nothing but a role player here.

duhoh
05-18-2010, 10:56 PM
PROOF son, where it is?

Venti Quattro
05-18-2010, 11:03 PM
The NBA is a backwater league. They said Rudy was best player in world not in NBA. That means NBA has extremely low level and poor scouting and general managers at level of a minor league organization.

Also they pay less to their players than the European clubs pay the same players. The league that pays the least is of course the junior varsity league which is NBA.

The Euroleague is not a global league. Nobody in Asia and Africa and in majority of the Americas care about your second-rate league.

The NBA, it's global. :toast

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Euroleague is global. It is broadcast all over world.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-19-2010, 01:00 AM
The euro is on the decline,dollar is rising as our economy improves. But Rudy can go ahead and leave,he will be a star there he is nothing but a role player here.

No he won't. He was a star in a small club Joventut. In a club like Barca he will be no star. Just a role player.

BadOdor
05-19-2010, 01:03 AM
No he won't. He was a star in a small club Joventut. In a club like Barca he will be no star. Just a role player.

Link to the 60% clause, mr.jew lies.

mogrovejo
05-19-2010, 01:04 AM

Agreed. There's only a star in Barcelona's team.

Vh6jgHlsumU

Indazone
05-19-2010, 01:48 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4300407

This from last year

Upset Fernandez has European suitors
EmailPrintComments
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
Archive
Portland's pursuit of a certain player from Turkey has infuriated the Trail Blazers' lone remaining Spanish player, Rudy Fernandez, to the point where he'd prefer to play in Greece, Russia or even Spain again, ESPN.com learned Tuesday.

Fernandez
A league source told ESPN.com that Fernandez has already been courted informally by European powerhouses Olympiacos, Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and CSKA Moscow as word spread that the Blazers had become the apparent front-runners to land free agent Hedo Turkoglu.

Fernandez, who paid more than $500,000 of his own money to buy his way out of his contract with DKV Joventut, believes he can earn 5 million euros per season if he signs a three-year contract in Europe. He is due to make $1.1 million from the Blazers next season.

The problem for Fernandez from a leverage standpoint is that he is entering the second year of his NBA rookie contract, and the Blazers have the option to re-sign him for a third and/or fourth season. Fernandez would have to be released from his NBA contract in order to receive a letter of clearance from FIBA, the sport's international governing body, to play elsewhere.

The Blazers have been made aware of Fernandez's feelings, the source said. The source added that Fernandez has not formally requested a trade but has expressed his dissatisfaction with the way he was used by Portland coach Nate McMillan over the course of his rookie season. Fernandez averaged 26 minutes off the bench and scored 10.2 points per game, rarely handling the ball or acting as an offensive initiator -- two of Turkoglu's specialties.

If the Blazers were to sign Turkoglu, it could leave Fernandez in a reduced role -- backing up Brandon Roy at the 2-guard spot and getting fewer minutes at small forward, where Fernandez and Travis Outlaw backed up Nicolas Batum last season.

Portland only recently severed its ties with its other Spanish player, dealing point guard Sergio Rodriguez to Sacramento on draft night last Thursday after Rodriguez spent three years with the Blazers as the second- and sometimes third-string point guard.

Chris Sheridan covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

I suppose it's conceivable that the Blazers let him out of their contract but it has to be worth their while.

itzsoweezee
05-19-2010, 02:29 AM
Rudy Fernandez is a joke. This guy was bitching all year about playing time and having a bigger role on the team, when it's pretty clear that he's not particularly good at anything (his mediocre three point shooting is about all he brings to the table). Then when he finally gets his shot in the playoffs, he wilts like a little flower. What's up with these Spanish players? They all appear to be very bitchmade. M. Gasol may be the only exception.

ChumpDumper
05-19-2010, 04:28 AM

link to proof that no NBA player can get out of his contract because the team owns them?Rudy could conceivably get out of his contract for 60% of its value, but the Blazers would have to agree to it. There is no preexisting deal for buyouts in the uniform player contract.

Here's a link to it, KBP:

http://www.nbpa.org/cba/2005/article-ii-uniform-player-contract

Since there is no such provision, I can't make a link to the exact page where it isn't.

fo'shizzle
05-19-2010, 04:59 AM

This. :toast

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-19-2010, 05:05 AM
Agreed. There's only a star in Barcelona's team.

Vh6jgHlsumU

Navarro is the star of Barcelona.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-19-2010, 05:08 AM
Rudy could conceivably get out of his contract for 60% of its value, but the Blazers would have to agree to it. There is no preexisting deal for buyouts in the uniform player contract.

Since there is no such provision, I can't make a link to the exact page where it isn't.

I never say there was any. I am just say that Rudy told Barcelona that he can get out of his contract if they pay 60% of it. Rudy also said if Barca picks who he wants to be the new team President then he is leaving the NBA and signing with Barca.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-19-2010, 05:09 AM
This. :toast

He already told the club if they pick who he wants as President (his friend) then he is leaving the NBA for sure.

Mal
05-19-2010, 05:57 AM
In Poland we say : " you got no employee in a slave" So if Rudy want go out, and don`t play for Portland, what Portland would do ?

Vertical
05-19-2010, 06:09 AM
sue his ass for breach

ChumpDumper
05-19-2010, 06:59 AM
In Poland we say : " you got no employee in a slave" So if Rudy want go out, and don`t play for Portland, what Portland would do ?Portland talk FIBA. FIBA Rudy play no.

ChumpDumper
05-19-2010, 07:00 AM
I never say there was any. I am just say that Rudy told Barcelona that he can get out of his contract if they pay 60% of it. Rudy also said if Barca picks who he wants to be the new team President then he is leaving the NBA and signing with Barca.So where's your link?

Bukefal
05-19-2010, 08:54 AM
loool :lol

Biggems
05-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Why did they lift the ban off of KingofBlowingPenis?

Ginobilly
05-19-2010, 01:15 PM
You can thank Nate for destroying Rudy Fernandez's dynamic game. Just last year Rudy was dunking on alley-oops, making Manu like passes and plays, etc. I think the signing of Miller regressed Rudy and Roy's game to some extent because you took the ball away from their hands. Nate turned him into the Spanish version of Sasha vajabitch. A spot up 3 point shooter.

mogrovejo
05-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Navarro is the star of Barcelona.

You know nothing about European basketball. You said Barcelona was overrated and would be eliminated before the playoffs and they won it all blowing out pretty much everybody. You said ACB was overrated and its clubs dominate Europe with ease. Why should anyone trust your takes? Rubio is Barcelona's super-star and the best PG outside the NBA.

Ginobilly
05-19-2010, 01:35 PM
You know nothing about European basketball. You said Barcelona was overrated and would be eliminated before the playoffs and they won it all blowing out pretty much everybody. You said ACB was overrated and its clubs dominate Europe with ease. Why should anyone trust your takes? Rubio is Barcelona's super-star and the best PG outside the NBA.

The thing I like about Rubio is that he keeps playing hard Rondo-like defense even though he might be having a bad offensive game. He comes from the Manu Ginobili Jason kidd mold in that they just keep on playing and all of a sudden come up with a big momentum changing play.

Slo spurs fan
05-19-2010, 01:44 PM
The Euroleague is not a global league. Nobody in Asia and Africa and in majority of the Americas care about your second-rate league.

The NBA, it's global. :toast

Euroleague final 4 was broadcasted in 192 countrys worldwide.
Just say´n.

DesignatedT
05-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Its still up to portland... they have to agree to let him walk... and i doubt that happens

lil_penny
05-19-2010, 02:11 PM
you can thank nate for destroying rudy fernandez's dynamic game. Just last year rudy was dunking on alley-oops, making manu like passes and plays, etc. I think the signing of miller regressed rudy and roy's game to some extent because you took the ball away from their hands. Nate turned him into the spanish version of sasha vajabitch. A spot up 3 point shooter.

x2

Mel_13
05-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Rudy could conceivably get out of his contract for 60% of its value, but the Blazers would have to agree to it. There is no preexisting deal for buyouts in the uniform player contract.

I never say there was any.

Except when you did say there was:

Rudy's contract has a 60% buyout.

You own yourself on such a regular basis that the entertainment value of watching you fail has seriously begun to fade.

lefty
05-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Hey KBP

Is Messi joining an NBA team?

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2010, 04:16 PM
The Superbowl is also broadcasted all over the world, and it' not a "global" sport.
Just a a single sport played in only one country (and the game sucks anyway).

Same with baseball.

Euroleague is kinda more global than the NBA, as it's closer to FIBA than the NBA is, right? In all honesty, the only thing one could argue for the NBA global power is that... the Chinese pay more attention to the NBA than the Euroleague. Gratz to the NBA.

mogrovejo
05-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Do you think Europeans pay more attention to the NBA or to the Euroleague?

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2010, 04:41 PM
I've been all over the world, so personal experience here, mind you.

To asnwer you, it highly depends. Euros pay more attention to the Euroleague. But they do follow their countrymen a lot. Aside of that, Euroleague by bery decent margin easy.

In South America is different. I'd say the NBA is more followed, but only because they follow their countrymen as well. In Argentina (I'm there right now) NBA is followed more than the Euroleague for sure, but only because of Ginobili. The rest of the argentinian players are followed, but not as Ginobili, not even close. In Brazil it's 50/50, thanks to the brazilian players in the NBA. Rest of South American doesn't matter, very few fans, and they follow more the NBA.

Africa doesn't matter. But if you curious, they follow both. Depends on what the cable offers, and the last time I tour'd Africa, was more of a Euroleague turf. Been told NBA is gaining ground there, though.

In China is all NBA, but the common fans there are kinda shit. They just follow cause of Yao, yes, but they just follow the NBA cause of all the hype surrounding it. They don't have a basketball culture, so I understand it...

I could do it a country by country thing (the ones I remember, at least), but it would take me dozens of posts, sorry.

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2010, 04:49 PM
What the americans here have to understand, is that the game is different outside the NBA borders. How it's perceived, that is. An american basketball average fan has to understand it this way: Tell me, do you follow any american player, any of the thousands all over the world, as an argentinian follows Ginobili, a german follows Nowitzki, a spaniard follows Gasol? Of course not!

The MLB and the NFL are ignored by the rest of the world, not only because the games itself suck, but because they have no one to look out to. No one to cheer for.

Anyway, I better don't stray too much from the topic of this thread.
Hope anyone's doubt were answered.

tlongII
05-19-2010, 05:12 PM
You can thank Nate for destroying Rudy Fernandez's dynamic game. Just last year Rudy was dunking on alley-oops, making Manu like passes and plays, etc. I think the signing of Miller regressed Rudy and Roy's game to some extent because you took the ball away from their hands. Nate turned him into the Spanish version of Sasha vajabitch. A spot up 3 point shooter.

No way. Rudy regressed because he had mid-season back surgery. He hasn't been the same player since Ariza injured him in the game against the Lakers last season.

mogrovejo
05-19-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm European and for most of my life I've been around basketball, my question was rhetorical.

Who agrees with Spur_Fanatic?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Tell me, do you follow any american player, any of the thousands all over the world, as an argentinian follows Ginobili, a german follows Nowitzki, a spaniard follows Gasol? Of course not!

No shit, there are tons of Americans who have good NBA careers while those other countries are too shitty at basketball to have tons of people from there in the NBA. Argentina having a player succeed in the NBA was the equivalent of a 10 year old learning how to take a shit without a diaper, so naturally Argentinians celebrate him and glorify the hell out of him.

lil_penny
05-19-2010, 06:15 PM
No way. Rudy regressed because he had mid-season back surgery. He hasn't been the same player since Ariza injured him in the game against the Lakers last season.

This is very true also,

nate has no plays for rudy running baseline like there was with sergio, you could say it was the "spanish connection' but andre is one of the best alley opp passers in the game and I don't see any plays for it. Most the time rudy seems to be used as the guy they pass it too when with 4 secs left on the shot clock so he can attempt a miracle from deep wich lowered his 3pt% a lot just from the numerous times that happened... run him off a lot more screens.

SomeCallMeTim
05-19-2010, 06:25 PM
What the americans here have to understand, is that the game is different outside the NBA borders. How it's perceived, that is. An american basketball average fan has to understand it this way: Tell me, do you follow any american player, any of the thousands all over the world, as an argentinian follows Ginobili, a german follows Nowitzki, a spaniard follows Gasol? Of course not!

The MLB and the NFL are ignored by the rest of the world, not only because the games itself suck, but because they have no one to look out to. No one to cheer for.

Sorry to hear that Venezuelans, Mexicans, Cubans, Dominicans, Koreans, Panamanians, and Japanese do not count as "the rest of the world" in your book.

Though I understand what you're driving at. NBA is way more cosmopolitan than the other big 3 North American sports. No comparison... no other sport has stars from 6 continents. The NBA should be very proud of that and it is a huge competitive advantage. I am sure they are trying hard to exploit it, I just wonder if there's more they could do.

Pretty amazing when you look at how diverse the NBA's pull is WRT star players...

Parker - France
Dirk - Germany
Gasol - Spain
Bogut - Australia
Manu - Argentina
Yao - China
Nash - Canada

Throw in guys who aren't stars but who are very good players and/or pretty well known/popular like Peja, Casspi, Turkoglu, Scola, Nene, Varejao, Gallinari, Ilyasova, and Deng, and that's a really impressive spread of talent origin. Though I guess Africa lost its star when Deke retired... maybe Ibaka can help make up for that.

Just imagine what a superstar player from India would do for the NBA's international draw... or how about Japan.

Compare this with MLB which is definitely international, but really comes down to strong support only in 9 countries and those are all North American, South American, and Asian. And of those, only the US, Canada, South Korea, and Japan are wealthy top-tier countries that can do the most to help drive MLB's economics.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-20-2010, 12:29 AM

Rubio did not make any all Euroleague team.

First team point guard was Milos Teodosic and second team point guard was Bo McCaleb. Rubio did not win MVP of the championship his teammate Navarro did. Also Navarro was first team all Euroleague and also Rubio's teammate Lorbek was second team all Euroleague.

Euroleague does not even consider Rubio the second best point guard let alone the best and it does not even consider him the second best player on his own team.

You are obviously just a troll and should be banned from this forum.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Euroleague final 4 was broadcasted in 192 countrys worldwide.
Just say´n.

197 actually

Spur_Fanatic
05-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Sorry to hear that Venezuelans, Mexicans, Cubans, Dominicans, Koreans, Panamanians, and Japanese do not count as "the rest of the world" in your book.

Though I understand what you're driving at. NBA is way more cosmopolitan than the other big 3 North American sports. No comparison... no other sport has stars from 6 continents. The NBA should be very proud of that and it is a huge competitive advantage. I am sure they are trying hard to exploit it, I just wonder if there's more they could do.

Pretty amazing when you look at how diverse the NBA's pull is WRT star players...

Parker - France
Dirk - Germany
Gasol - Spain
Bogut - Australia
Manu - Argentina
Yao - China
Nash - Canada

Throw in guys who aren't stars but who are very good players and/or pretty well known/popular like Peja, Casspi, Turkoglu, Scola, Nene, Varejao, Gallinari, Ilyasova, and Deng, and that's a really impressive spread of talent origin. Though I guess Africa lost its star when Deke retired... maybe Ibaka can help make up for that.

Just imagine what a superstar player from India would do for the NBA's international draw... or how about Japan.

Compare this with MLB which is definitely international, but really comes down to strong support only in 9 countries and those are all North American, South American, and Asian. And of those, only the US, Canada, South Korea, and Japan are wealthy top-tier countries that can do the most to help drive MLB's economics.

I've been all over the world, yes, but not been on every single country, of course, lol
(But I was in Mexico for quite a while, and also in Japan/S.Korea, but for a few days; though. I was kicked from Cuba only after a few hours).

I know baseball is important in Venezuela, but aside of that, never heard of baseball being played in any other south american country.

Spur_Fanatic
05-20-2010, 08:42 AM
No shit, there are tons of Americans who have good NBA careers while those other countries are too shitty at basketball to have tons of people from there in the NBA. Argentina having a player succeed in the NBA was the equivalent of a 10 year old learning how to take a shit without a diaper, so naturally Argentinians celebrate him and glorify the hell out of him.

Carefull with the Manu talk.

But yes. Kinda like you said (not that raw, lol). Is like Americans and football (what you peeps call "soccer"). Americans are horrible at it. They just can't produce good players, as they have no good football culture. Without it, americans won't mind football, cause they have no one to look out for. Thus, USA will never be good at football.

For a better example concerning the Argentinians, lol. Polo (I play it, for the record, I suck at it). Argentinians have the best players, and the best league. By far. They care little of the american and british leagues, and the players outside their own league, cause those players suck.

mogrovejo
05-20-2010, 08:45 AM

Anyway, I better don't stray too much from the topic of this thread.
Hope anyone's doubt were answered.

That's nuts. The NBA has been followed in Europe well before the influx of European players. I'd say the 92 Dream Team was just as important as a factor of popularity.

I've been all over the world, so personal experience here, mind you.

To asnwer you, it highly depends. Euros pay more attention to the Euroleague. But they do follow their countrymen a lot. Aside of that, Euroleague by bery decent margin easy.

In South America is different. I'd say the NBA is more followed, but only because they follow their countrymen as well. In Argentina (I'm there right now) NBA is followed more than the Euroleague for sure, but only because of Ginobili. The rest of the argentinian players are followed, but not as Ginobili, not even close. In Brazil it's 50/50, thanks to the brazilian players in the NBA. Rest of South American doesn't matter, very few fans, and they follow more the NBA.

Africa doesn't matter. But if you curious, they follow both. Depends on what the cable offers, and the last time I tour'd Africa, was more of a Euroleague turf. Been told NBA is gaining ground there, though.

In China is all NBA, but the common fans there are kinda shit. They just follow cause of Yao, yes, but they just follow the NBA cause of all the hype surrounding it. They don't have a basketball culture, so I understand it...

I could do it a country by country thing (the ones I remember, at least), but it would take me dozens of posts, sorry.

The NBA has better ratings in Europe than the Euroleague. Heck, most Euroleague games aren't broadcasted for more than a couple of countries.

NBA players are more popular than Euroleague players and it's not even close.

In the press, there's more attention to the NBA than to the Euroleague - even in countries with no players in the NBA.

The Euroleague has very little impact beyond hardcore basketball fans + fans of the clubs that are actually playing the competition (who aren't that many, half of the Euroleague clubs average attendance is below 5,000 per game).

There are relatively few casual basketball fans in Europe and they tend to be NBA fans first, domestic league fans a distant 2nd, Euroleague fans a very distant 3rd.

A friendly NBA game in London between, say, the Jazz and the Bulls sells out in a hurry in spite of the expensive prices - and not because there are people from Chicago or Salt Lake City flying to London to see a friendly game.

An Euroleague final in the same spot only sells out because fans from the 4 teams playing actually travel to see the game. Organized a Barcelona vs. Olympiacos pre-season friendly on a 17,000 seats arena in London or Berlin or Paris or Rome and you'd have 1/10 of the seats filled. Assuming the tickets are cheap.

mogrovejo
05-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Rubio did not make any all Euroleague team.

First team point guard was Milos Teodosic and second team point guard was Bo McCaleb. Rubio did not win MVP of the championship his teammate Navarro did. Also Navarro was first team all Euroleague and also Rubio's teammate Lorbek was second team all Euroleague.

Euroleague does not even consider Rubio the second best point guard let alone the best and it does not even consider him the second best player on his own team.

You are obviously just a troll and should be banned from this forum.

You predicted Barcelona wouldn't make it past the top-16 and were overrated.

They won it all blowing out their opponents and are considered the best European team ever.

What kind of credibility you have? Can you explain to us Barcelona's success?

Spur_Fanatic
05-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Well, I'll take your word for it.
Not been in Europe (except England) for a few years now.

The Euroleague has very little impact beyond hardcore basketball fans + fans of the clubs that are actually playing the competition (who aren't that many, half of the Euroleague clubs average attendance is below 5,000 per game).

Aaah, that's kinda true. Maybe I was around those guys, as my euro friends are heavy basketball (and football) fans. But as for the stadiums, been on plenty of sellout games.
I don't remember empty stadiums, but maybe I was just lucky.

I don't see the Jazz and the Bulls selling out in London in a hurry. Of course, there isNBA fans everywhere. Thus, it's very likely any NBA game, anywhere around the world, will be sold-out.
Plus, Bulls have Deng, which can only help to sell tickets, right?

But if you live there now, I have to take your word for it.
I always wanted to know. How's basketball in France?
(been all over Europe, never visited France, outside an airport)

I just though, that as I move so much, maybe one mistakes the lack of a enthusiams of the locals because it's an offseason, or whatever.
I'll admit to the possibility, and account (as I've been doing) on what I personally saw.

ChumpDumper
05-20-2010, 02:26 PM
That's nuts. The NBA has been followed in Europe well before the influx of European players. I'd say the 92 Dream Team was just as important as a factor of popularity.

The NBA has better ratings in Europe than the Euroleague. Heck, most Euroleague games aren't broadcasted for more than a couple of countries.

In the press, there's more attention to the NBA than to the Euroleague - even in countries with no players in the NBA.

There are relatively few casual basketball fans in Europe and they tend to be NBA fans first, domestic league fans a distant 2nd, Euroleague fans a very distant 3rd.

A friendly NBA game in London between, say, the Jazz and the Bulls sells out in a hurry in spite of the expensive prices - and not because there are people from Chicago or Salt Lake City flying to London to see a friendly game.

An Euroleague final in the same spot only sells out because fans from the 4 teams playing actually travel to see the game. Organized a Barcelona vs. Olympiacos pre-season friendly on a 17,000 seats arena in London or Berlin or Paris or Rome and you'd have 1/10 of the seats filled. Assuming the tickets are cheap.Is lies!

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-21-2010, 03:31 AM

An Euroleague final in the same spot only sells out because fans from the 4 teams playing actually travel to see the game. Organized a Barcelona vs. Olympiacos pre-season friendly on a 17,000 seats arena in London or Berlin or Paris or Rome and you'd have 1/10 of the seats filled. Assuming the tickets are cheap.

This guy is a pure liar. There is no way he has ever set foot in Europe. Every European knows Euroleague is higher rated on TV than NBA in Europe. This guy is a total fake.

Kori if I send you the TV ratings proving his ridiculous lies will you ban him?

ChumpDumper
05-21-2010, 03:32 AM
Could you give us a link to the European ratings of both?

Thanks in advance.

Mel_13
05-26-2010, 10:22 AM
http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=716887&idseccio_PK=808&h=

lol 60% buyout

ChumpDumper
05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
This guy is a pure liar. There is no way he has ever set foot in Europe. Every European knows Euroleague is higher rated on TV than NBA in Europe. This guy is a total fake.

Kori if I send you the TV ratings proving his ridiculous lies will you ban him?Why didn't you just post a link to the ratings?

anonoftheinternets
05-26-2010, 02:04 PM
lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Rudy told Spanish press today

"I want to have the best choice for me and to be a happy person and above all, a person that when on the court is able to play to my full ability. This could be in Barcelona, Madrid, Joventut, or in Portland, or another NBA team."

So much for the Rudy cannot leave Portland for Barcelona posts.

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 06:13 AM

"I want to have the best choice for me and to be a happy person and above all, a person that when on the court is able to play to my full ability. This could be in Barcelona, Madrid, Joventut, or in Portland, or another NBA team."

So much for the Rudy cannot leave Portland for Barcelona posts.

:rolleyes

I provided the link to the article where Rudy says he has not spoken to Barca or Madrid because he is under contract to Portland. Rudy says your thread title is a lie. Anyone can read the actual article instead of the KBP/Michael version.

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=716887&idseccio_PK=808&h=

lol 60% buyout

ChumpDumper
05-27-2010, 06:14 AM

So much for the Rudy cannot leave Portland for Barcelona posts.Link?

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 06:20 AM
Link?

Link in the radio, anyone can hear what KBP/Michael hears if just willing to try:

http://blog.franciscocosta.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/tin-foil-hat.jpg

ChumpDumper
05-27-2010, 06:28 AM
Listen to Spain media radios....
http://4z5lz.dxportal.com/images/4z5lz-ham-radio-big.jpg
....is serious business.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-27-2010, 06:30 AM
:rolleyes

I provided the link to the article where Rudy says he has not spoken to Barca or Madrid because he is under contract to Portland. Rudy says your thread title is a lie. Anyone can read the actual article instead of the KBP version.

I posted what Rudy told Spanish press today. So you are wrong.

ChumpDumper
05-27-2010, 06:31 AM
I posted what Rudy told Spanish press today. So you are wrong.Post a link to it.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-27-2010, 06:32 AM
Post a link to it.

I will have to find it again. It took me many hours to find it and then my connection stopped so I lost where it was.

I will find it again though. When I post I demand apology though. Every time I am proven as tell the truth and NEVER do I get any apologies.

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 06:33 AM
I posted what Rudy told Spanish press today. So you are wrong.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Well the good people here can choose between an actual link to Rudy's interview or KBP/Michael's version of the interview.

ChumpDumper
05-27-2010, 06:37 AM
I will have to find it again. It took me many hours to find it and then my connection stopped so I lost where it was.You need upgrade to fancy Greek style equipment. mouse will sell you this:

http://www.mr-atari.com/afbeeldingen/hardwarediv/hardwaremodem830.jpg

I will find it again though. When I post I demand apology though. Every time I am proven as tell the truth and NEVER do I get any apologies.You never apologize for your lying, so call it a wash.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-27-2010, 06:40 AM
You need upgrade to fancy Greek style equipment. mouse will sell you this:

http://www.mr-atari.com/afbeeldingen/hardwarediv/hardwaremodem830.jpg

You never apologize for your lying, so call it a wash.

I did not lie.

ChumpDumper
05-27-2010, 06:41 AM
I did not lie.Sure you did.

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 06:44 AM
I did not lie.

You said Rudy has a 60% buyout = lie.

You said Rudy has received contract offer from Barca = lie

Stop lying Michael.

ChumpDumper
05-27-2010, 06:44 AM
Do they have internet histories and caches in Greekansas?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-27-2010, 06:54 AM
here is PROOF

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/20100526/53934139096/noticia/rudy-fernandez-el-ano-que-viene-quiero-jugar-sea-donde-sea.html

Like I said from START I was RIGHT I tell TRUTH

mel LIES and makes up crap

I demand apology NOW

ChumpDumper
05-27-2010, 06:58 AM
here is PROOF

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/20100526/53934139096/noticia/rudy-fernandez-el-ano-que-viene-quiero-jugar-sea-donde-sea.html

I demand apology NOWSo Fernandez says he is at the mercy of Portland and there is no prearranged buyout.

You lied about that.

I demand an apology.

NOW.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-27-2010, 07:00 AM
So Fernandez says he is at the mercy of Portland and there is no prearranged buyout.

You lied about that.

I demand an apology.

He said no such thing as there is no buyout. And I said over and over he can get out of his contract for 60%. You fail at reading and language.

I just posted link to story said exactly he can play elsewhere and you know it. Shut up and stop being mean to me for no reason. You guys are just mean to me.

And of course you know he cannot say about his contract yet. Don't be stupid. He said clear he will play anywhere if he gets to play and that he will NOT accept his same role again in Blazers and he told them that.

Only a fool would consider this talk as someone who is not going to demand out of his team. He even says how when he talked to them they were hard on him. Which means he demands a bigger role and they said no.

If you believe this crap you say you are a very strange person. He is a basketball player not a slave. Blazers do not own him. Of course if he wants out of there he will be gone.

ChumpDumper
05-27-2010, 07:02 AM
He said no such thing as there is no buyout. And I said over and over he can get out of his contract for 60%. You fail at reading and language.You failed to provide a link to that.

You lied.

I just posted link to story said exactly he can play elsewhere and you know it.He said he is at the mercy of Portland and bound to his contract if Portland decides to keep him.

Shut up and stop being mean to me for no reason. You guys are just mean to me.Stop lying and I'll think about it.

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 07:02 AM
here is PROOF

I demand apology NOW

:downspin:

You posted an article in which Rudy says he has little control over the situation because he is under contract with Portland. That makes a lie of your thread title and virtually all you said in this thread. There is no offer from Barca. There is no 60% buyout.

Michael just owning himself like he always does.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-27-2010, 07:04 AM
:downspin:

You posted an article in which Rudy says he has little control over the situation because he is under contract with Portland. That makes a lie of your thread title and virtually all you said in this thread. There is no offer from Barca. There is no 60% buyout.

Michael just owning himself like he always does.

Who the hell is Michael? This is not my name idiot.

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 07:20 AM
You guys are just mean to me.

Stop posting BS

He is a basketball player not a slave. Blazers do not own him. Of course if he wants out of there he will be gone.

He can only play basketball someplace other than Portland under one of three circumstances:

1. Portland trades him

2. Portland releases him

3. Rudy plays out the remaining years on his contract and achieves free agent status according to the terms of the contract he signed.

Portland can't force him to play for them, but they can keep him from playing anywhere else until Rudy has fulfilled his contractual obligations to the Blazers.

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Who the hell is Michael? This is not my name idiot.

It is another name you use to post BS on basketball message boards.

Vassilis Spanoulis

Vitals: 6-4 208
Position: PG/SG
NBA Comparison: Steve Nash

My Assessment: Kill Bill is as smart, tough, and competitive as any player in the world. He is a pure winner and a natural leader. He can lead a team as the primary option from either back court position on offense and he is an excellent defender.

He should not be judged on his lone NBA year with the Houston Rockets, as he obviously did not get a fair chance from Jeff Van Gundy. He is clearly a superior player to the likes of Rafer Alston, Luther Head, and John Lucas III, whom were ahead of him on Van Gundy's depth chart, and pretty much every NBA scout you talk to will state as much. Potential NBA starting point guard or 6th man.

NBA Scout Assessment: An NBA scout said this of Spanoulis, "Spanoulis has no fear on the basketball court. He is as confident as any player there is. In my opinion he can start in any team in the NBA."

http://www.talkbasket.net/blogs/top-10-euroleague-free-agent-nba-prospects-2954.html

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-27-2010, 07:31 AM
It is another name you use to post BS on basketball message boards.

Vassilis Spanoulis

Vitals: 6-4 208
Position: PG/SG
NBA Comparison: Steve Nash

My Assessment: Kill Bill is as smart, tough, and competitive as any player in the world. He is a pure winner and a natural leader. He can lead a team as the primary option from either back court position on offense and he is an excellent defender.

He should not be judged on his lone NBA year with the Houston Rockets, as he obviously did not get a fair chance from Jeff Van Gundy. He is clearly a superior player to the likes of Rafer Alston, Luther Head, and John Lucas III, whom were ahead of him on Van Gundy's depth chart, and pretty much every NBA scout you talk to will state as much. Potential NBA starting point guard or 6th man.

NBA Scout Assessment: An NBA scout said this of Spanoulis, "Spanoulis has no fear on the basketball court. He is as confident as any player there is. In my opinion he can start in any team in the NBA."

http://www.talkbasket.net/blogs/top-10-euroleague-free-agent-nba-prospects-2954.html

My name is not Michael you idiot. This is not me and you know it. Stop hijacking my thread.

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Stop hijacking my thread.

Stop posting BS and I'll stop calling it BS.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Kori please tell them to stop hijacking threads. Please tell them when links are posted backing up what is said that they need to shut up and stop harassing.

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 07:36 AM
Kori please tell them to stop hijacking threads. Please tell them when links are posted backing up what is said that they need to shut up and stop harassing.

Even fake Greeks run to mommy.

tlongII
05-27-2010, 09:42 AM
KBP has been PWNED!