PDA

View Full Version : Will you boycott a Celtics-Lakers Finals rematch?

Jacob1983
05-18-2010, 11:32 PM
I will not watch a second of the Finals this year if it is between the Celtics and Lakers. I do not want to see another Celtics-Lakers Finals. Too many fuckin times. And those teams have too many damn championships anyways. The NBA wouldn't know how to spell parity even if it skull fucked them. Seriously, how many NBA fans outside of L.A. and Boston are going to give a shit about the Finals this year if it's Celtics and Lakers again? I won't.

21_Blessings
05-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Why would you boycott the best possible Finals matchup?

I guarantee you more people will give a shit about this series than Spurs/Pistons or Spurs/Cavs.

baseline bum
05-18-2010, 11:54 PM
I haven't missed a Finals since I saw my first one in 85. No time to start now.

monosylab1k
05-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Why would you boycott what will probably be a great series?

tbh it won't happen. Prophecy says PHX/BOS

Ghazi
05-18-2010, 11:55 PM
I'll watch :)

LnGrrrR
05-19-2010, 12:04 AM
An obvious no.

TheMACHINE
05-19-2010, 12:05 AM
if you are a basketball fan, you aint boycotting this series.

Quit Hatin'
05-19-2010, 12:06 AM
You see how they are dismantling teams in their respective conferences. There is a reason why the 2008 finals had the highest ratings since the jordan era. these two organization know how to win and have more than half of the total nba titles.

Quit Hatin'

BUMP
05-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Hell naw, this would be a great series.

Epic Fail
05-19-2010, 12:07 AM
You called Jacob?

crc21209
05-19-2010, 12:08 AM
I wont boycott it, because I wanna see the Celtics spank that Laker ass again...

Jacob1983
05-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Non Lakers and Celitics fans, you're really gonna tell me that you're going to watch this crap? Who wants to see the Lakers or Celtics add another championship to their total? I don't. I don't want the rapist getting another ring but I also don't want the cocky bitches on the Celtics getting one either.

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-19-2010, 12:12 AM
Non Lakers and Celitics fans, you're really gonna tell me that you're going to watch this crap? Who wants to see the Lakers or Celtics add another championship to their total? I don't. I don't want the rapist getting another ring but I also don't want the cocky bitches on the Celtics getting one either.

I don't really care about 'championship total.' I just wanna see a great series for viewing pleasure.

People get way too caught up in number of championships a franchise has over the years. Its a stupid, meaningless stat. My life doesn't revolve around NBA that I actually care about a franchise getting too many championships.

crc21209

Then your team should've played harder to get to the Finals for you to avoid having to watch a possible Celtics-Lakers NBA Final...it's not up to the fans..it's up to the players/coaches to do their jobs and get it done..

Quit Hatin'
Boston-LA. Celtic fans want it, Laker fans want it, NBA fans want it. Up til now its all been just practice, the real season starts in june. one team wants to defend their title and want revenge another wants to prove they are not a shadow of what they used to be and that empty banner promise is for real.

Quit Hatin'

LnGrrrR
05-19-2010, 12:19 AM
Really, which series would have more drama? LA vs Magic? Please. Suns vs Boston would be fun, but can't compete with LA/Boston.

crc21209
05-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Really, which series would have more drama? LA vs Magic? Please. Suns vs Boston would be fun, but can't compete with LA/Boston.

+1. As much as non-LA/Boston fans might hate it, they have to admit...it would make for a damn good series, especially with the storied rivalry from the past and even from 2 yrs ago..

NewJerSpur
05-19-2010, 12:20 AM
If one does indeed choose not to portions of the Finals or the entire Finals for that matter if this matchup comes to fruition, it's there choice. Doesn't make them any less a fan of the game, imo. Depends on what your preference is.

I'll wait until that bridge has to be crossed.

mogrovejo
05-19-2010, 12:35 AM

True; the funnier and more enjoyable basketball would be LA vs Orlando though.

LnGrrrR
05-19-2010, 12:49 AM
True; the funnier and more enjoyable basketball would be LA vs Orlando though.

"Enjoyable" is in the eye of the beholder... I'll certainly "enjoy" watching the Finals much more if Boston is up by 20 in any game. :lol

bostonguy
05-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Celts are 2 wins and the Lakers are 3 wins away from making this series happen. IF both teams make it to June, this will finally have that closure that has been missing. IF Boston comes out of the east, I want the Lakers.

Venti Quattro
05-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Thread starter is so butt-hurt at the fact that his team doesn't even have two finals appearances.

I want Boston, and I want revenge for 131-92.

Fpoonsie
05-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Of course I'll watch...in hopes that both teams beat the ever-loving shit out of each other, with LA left standing (battered and bruised) at the end.

Jacob1983
05-19-2010, 01:54 AM
Spurs' fans going for the Lakers? You serious?

Fpoonsie
05-19-2010, 01:56 AM
I'll be damned if Fin wins another ring after the bullshit he pulled mid-season w/ SA.

Fuck him.

(and KG's punk bitch-ness is unmistakeably apparent to most outside of BOS)

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2010, 01:58 AM
"the big one" to occur during the Finals, bye bye cali, bye bye kobe, bye bye celts, bye bye abc's awful presentation staff.

PS i'd wish for that now, but i don't want the tnt guys to die, hopefully reggie stays for a furlough though

Sisk
05-19-2010, 01:59 AM
I guarantee you more people will give a shit about this series than Spurs/Pistons or Spurs/Cavs.

Even though you are you, it's 100% true, and I agree.

florige
05-19-2010, 07:33 AM
i wont boycott it, because i wanna see the celtics spank that laker ass again...

+1

Muser
05-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Yeah, let's boycott one of the greatest rivalries in all of sports!!

pauls931
05-19-2010, 07:36 AM
I just won't watch since I don't really care about either team. If Orlando had been able to make it, I'd watch a game or two. Fortunately I get to see at least 3 more suns games this year.

JamStone
05-19-2010, 07:43 AM
http://www.shingkings.com/images/vagisil.jpg

jermaine
05-19-2010, 08:08 AM
I can truely say, I have nuttin against Kobe winnin anotha ring. He plays hard, thru injuries, & he's a leader. I sure as fuck don't care 2 see findog get anotha ring. But since Ron Artest is with the Lakers I don't want hom 2 get a ring. He's a bitch ass nigga with no heart. Wit his "since I can't beat'em join'em" ass. Its kinda like Randy Moss thinkin he was gone get a ring until that last game. Then that bitch nigga fell apart not eantin 2 talk 2 Brady! I can't stand niggas like that. Its a guy did it in hockey 2. His team got beat 1yr so he signed with the team that beat them then the followin year his old team beat his new team in the Stanley cup. I was so happy.

easy7
05-19-2010, 08:17 AM
I would rather watch that than a Mavs-Heat rematch.

TheManFromAcme
05-19-2010, 08:19 AM
I will not watch a second of the Finals this year if it is between the Celtics and Lakers. I do not want to see another Celtics-Lakers Finals. Too many fuckin times. And those teams have too many damn championships anyways. The NBA wouldn't know how to spell parity even if it skull fucked them. Seriously, how many NBA fans outside of L.A. and Boston are going to give a shit about the Finals this year if it's Celtics and Lakers again? I won't.

I can understand you frustration but basketball purists will say otherwise. This is the marquee matchup in the NBA of all matchups. This is it. This is as good as it gets. Yeah, I know, this coming from a Laker fan (not my fault) but if you love the game before your team, then this is the prime rib of series. Really, it is.

I am a Dodger fan but love to see Yankees vs. Red Sox. Hate the Longhorns but love watching Texas vs. Oklahoma. etc, etc. I love the game...first.

SourCandy
05-19-2010, 08:40 AM
I can understand you frustration but basketball purists will say otherwise. This is the marquee matchup in the NBA of all matchups. This is it. This is as good as it gets. Yeah, I know, this coming from a Laker fan (not my fault) but if you love the game before your team, then this is the prime rib of series. Really, it is.

I am a Dodger fan but love to see Yankees vs. Red Sox. Hate the Longhorns but love watching Texas vs. Oklahoma. etc, etc. I love the game...first.

:tu

lebomb
05-19-2010, 08:41 AM

I didnt watch it the last time they played. :wakeup

lefty
05-19-2010, 08:46 AM
No.

Who doesnt want to watch Boston fuck the Lakers ?

TheManFromAcme
05-19-2010, 08:55 AM
No.

Who doesnt want to watch Boston fuck the Lakers ?

To the purist.........:toast

Muser
05-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Just for the record I want a Lakers win, going to watch them in October at the 02 and it'd be sweet if they brought the trophy over.

21_Blessings
05-19-2010, 09:20 AM
If you don't watch this series you are not a fan of basketball.

lefty
05-19-2010, 09:22 AM
if you don't watch this series you are not a fan of basketball.
+1

TheManFromAcme
05-19-2010, 09:25 AM

:worthy:

baseline bum
05-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Lakers-Celtics looks to be an incredible series. Is Kobe going to atone for his horrible performance in 08? Will an improved Gasol do better vs KG this time around? Will having Bynum make the difference? How is Boston going to match up with Odom off the bench? Is Rondo's improvement going to make up for the regression of Pierce and Garnett and the Celtics total lack of a bench? Will Rasheed get scared playing at Staples like he did in his Portland days?

I think LA gets their revenge this year, and maybe even on Boston's floor.

BeeGee
05-19-2010, 09:38 AM
:pop: Gayest thread ever in the long history of gay threads.

Giuseppe
05-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Lakers-Celtics looks to be an incredible series. Is Kobe going to atone for his horrible performance in 08? Will an improved Gasol do better vs KG this time around? Will having Bynum make the difference? How is Boston going to match up with Odom off the bench? Is Rondo's improvement going to make up for the regression of Pierce and Garnett and the Celtics total lack of a bench? Will Rasheed get scared playing at Staples like he did in his Portland days?

I think LA gets their revenge this year, and maybe even on Boston's floor.

Just hearing you say all this out loud probably made Luva's nuts draw up tight.

I wonder where the sheet fell over night on his sig pic?:lol

dbestpro
05-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Teams like Orlando, Celeveland and the Suns all have something in common. Immature stars of immense talent that are too busy talking and not sepnding enough time playing the game of basketball.

Amare-James-Howard

TheMACHINE
05-19-2010, 11:52 AM
if you are a basketball fan, you aint boycotting this series.

+1

:worthy:

Damn...21 stated it better then me. :p:

vicphoenix13
05-19-2010, 11:55 AM
I just wish the NBA wasn't so predictable. Some people tried to claim that Boston over Cleveland was an upset, but the truth is that the Celtics were always a championship contender. Currently, there's a rotation of three or four teams with a chance to win it all. That's not enough to sustain the casual fan viewership. I want the NBA to have some of the wild upsets that the NHL has. Imagine a league where the 7th and 8th seeds have a chance to get to the Finals. That's currently happening in the NHL with Philadelphia and Montreal. The way to increase parity in the NBA is to have a hard cap like the NHL. The luxury tax isn't deterring the top teams from spending whatever they want. A great team like the Lakers would be brought down a level if there was a hard cap. A really good player like Lamar Odom would have to go elsewhere which would help with parity.

TheMACHINE
05-19-2010, 11:58 AM
I just wish the NBA wasn't so predictable. Some people tried to claim that Boston over Cleveland was an upset, but the truth is that the Celtics were always a championship contender. Currently, there's a rotation of three or four teams with a chance to win it all. That's not enough to sustain the casual fan viewership. I want the NBA to have some of the wild upsets that the NHL has. Imagine a league where the 7th and 8th seeds have a chance to get to the Finals. That's currently happening in the NHL with Philadelphia and Montreal. The way to increase parity in the NBA is to have a hard cap like the NHL. The luxury tax isn't deterring the top teams from spending whatever they want. A great team like the Lakers would be brought down a level if there was a hard cap. A really good player like Lamar Odom would have to go elsewhere which would help with parity.

predictable...really? You had the Suns in the WCF and the Cavs getting eliminated in the 2nd round?

Muser
05-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Predictable :lmao. Idk who could of predicted the Spurs beating the Mavs then being swept by the Suns, the Cavs losing 4 straight to Boston, the Lakers nearly being taken to 7 games against the Thunder etc.

Donnie Hathaway
05-19-2010, 12:10 PM
It's pretty clear to see what the NBA wants to happen, I dont see Vince C. missing those free throws without Stern telling him to lol. Seriously though, unfortunately Big Markets > Little Markets in the league.

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-19-2010, 12:12 PM

You make a really good point and I totally agree here. I mean you always have the same 3-4 teams who are contenders in there during the Finals. The truth is that the NBA is a joke in terms of parity compared to other sports.

I mean sure you might have small upsets, like SA over Dallas. But Boston over Cleveland? Really? That's hardly an upset at all.

We're talking 6, 7, or 8 seeds reaching the Finals. What if Charlotte played Utah in the Finals? That would be pretty cool. But no, we're stuck with the same LA vs Cle/Bos/Orl setup that we will be stuck with.

Why are there no major upsets in the NBA like in every other sport? I think the fact that basketball is such a high scoring sport means there is way more margin for error, meaning that the best team has a much higher chance of eventually pulling it out, not to mention that its a 7game series. Its hard for an underdog to play so well for such a long time to pull the upset.

vicphoenix13
05-19-2010, 12:22 PM
predictable...really? You had the Suns in the WCF and the Cavs getting eliminated in the 2nd round?

Yeah, but the Suns have no shot at beating the Lakers. Besides, the Suns were the third seed so its not surprising they won the first two series. As for the Cavs, they did lose to the 2008 NBA Champions. The Celtics have always been one of the four title contenders. We are seeing alot of the same teams in the Finals which hurts the league.

Brazil
05-19-2010, 12:25 PM
I'd prefer a Suns / Magic serie tbh but no way I boycott one of the greatest sport confrontation.
LA / C's would be fun to watch. Let's go Celts !

vicphoenix13
05-19-2010, 12:32 PM
You make a really good point and I totally agree here. I mean you always have the same 3-4 teams who are contenders in there during the Finals. The truth is that the NBA is a joke in terms of parity compared to other sports.

I mean sure you might have small upsets, like SA over Dallas. But Boston over Cleveland? Really? That's hardly an upset at all.

We're talking 6, 7, or 8 seeds reaching the Finals. What if Charlotte played Utah in the Finals? That would be pretty cool. But no, we're stuck with the same LA vs Cle/Bos/Orl setup that we will be stuck with.

Why are there no major upsets in the NBA like in every other sport? I think the fact that basketball is such a high scoring sport means there is way more margin for error, meaning that the best team has a much higher chance of eventually pulling it out, not to mention that its a 7game series. Its hard for an underdog to play so well for such a long time to pull the upset.

The other problem is that the NBA caters to the star players. Its really difficult to beat a team like the Lakers if the referees are ready to call a foul anytime you get near Kobe. In other sports, the star players aren't treated like royalty in the playoffs.

BeeGee
05-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Hockey fans are always talkin' that parity bullshit. To them, parity is having seeds 1-6 flame out, leaving the 7th and 8th seed to battle for the conference title. That's not parity, that's fuckery. The NBA is fine and the best teams usually win. Not like in the NHL, where some mediocre team's goalie smokes crack, catches fire, and suddenly no puck can get past him. Shut up.

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-19-2010, 12:36 PM
The other problem is that the NBA caters to the star players. Its really difficult to beat a team like the Lakers if the referees are ready to call a foul anytime you get near Kobe. In other sports, the star players aren't treated like royalty in the playoffs.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. I'm sure we'd be singing a different tune if our teams had won a title or two :lol

But in the NBA if you're not one of the 3-4 best teams in the league, you might as well forget about it.

TheMACHINE
05-19-2010, 12:43 PM

lol Complaining about refs when thier own team had more foul shots in a road game.

TheMACHINE
05-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. I'm sure we'd be singing a different tune if our teams had won a title or two :lol

But in the NBA if you're not one of the 3-4 best teams in the league, you might as well forget about it.

ummm...Dallas was one of the best 3-4 teams in the league but fucking choked...AGAIN.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 12:45 PM
It's not the ref's job to box Lamar Odom out.

Ignorant Spurs fan
05-19-2010, 12:47 PM
ummm...Dallas was one of the best 3-4 teams in the league but fucking choked...AGAIN.

HAHA HELLLL YEAH SON!!!

you and I are on the same page. If there's one thing thats GUARANTEED its that the Chokericks will choke as usual year in year out.

I tell you what, how about you come to my place and we watch DVDs of the Mavs chokes over the years while we jack each other off?

Basketballgirl25
05-19-2010, 01:37 PM
I won't watch the finals if it's Lakers vs Celtics. I don't want those teams to win. Kind of boring if you ask me.

The Gemini Method
05-19-2010, 01:50 PM
I won't watch the finals if it's Lakers vs Celtics. I don't want those teams to win. Kind of boring if you ask me.

Sorry, but that's false. The Lakers vs. Celtics is far from being boring. You have 2 storied franchises going head-to-head and there is no love lost when these two square off. There is the massacre of '08 to fuel a chance of redemption for the Lakers and there would be countless side-stories to boot. Other than a Lakers vs. LeCavs, there isn't a more renowned match-up this past NBA year...

Basketballgirl25
05-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Sorry, but that's false. The Lakers vs. Celtics is far from being boring. You have 2 storied franchises going head-to-head and there is no love lost when these two square off. There is the massacre of '08 to fuel a chance of redemption for the Lakers and there would be countless side-stories to boot. Other than a Lakers vs. LeCavs, there isn't a more renowned match-up this past NBA year...

I'm not saying Lakers and Celtics are boring, I'm saying for me watching them would be boring, sure it would be a great game since Cletics and playing in 2008 all over again. I don't want to same teams as 2008 playing though so I wouldn't watch since I like when different teams. Suns take Lakers spot and I'd watch

vicphoenix13
05-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Hockey fans are always talkin' that parity bullshit. To them, parity is having seeds 1-6 flame out, leaving the 7th and 8th seed to battle for the conference title. That's not parity, that's fuckery. The NBA is fine and the best teams usually win. Not like in the NHL, where some mediocre team's goalie smokes crack, catches fire, and suddenly no puck can get past him. Shut up.

Would you like to lecture NFL fans as well. Because I know there weren't alot of folks who thought that the New Orleans Saints would win the Super Bowl. Parity has helped make the NFL the most popular sport in America. No one worries in Green Bay or New Orleans that they can't compete against the likes the New York or Chicago.

As for your NHL argument that the best teams get stopped by hot goaltenders, try explaining why the Stanley Cup winner has come from the top four seeds in the last 20 years. The last goalie to steal a Stanley Cup for his team was Patrick Roy in 1986. Sure the 8 defeat 1 seed upsets happen every other year, but the best team usually ends up winning the Stanley Cup.

Part of what makes sports great is not being able to know for certain who is going to win. The NBA is going the way of Major League Baseball if they don't find ways to make the league more competitive.

vicphoenix13
05-19-2010, 03:25 PM
lol Complaining about refs when thier own team had more foul shots in a road game.

Its not about who had more foul shots. Its about the refs getting the correct call. There were a couple instances were Grant Hill was called for phantom fouls against Kobe. None more ridiculous than in the fourth foul charged against Hill in the third quarter. The reason no one cares is because the Lakers played alot better than the Suns. But if there is a close game and that stuff goes down, there will be some angry fans.

TheMACHINE
05-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Its not about who had more foul shots. Its about the refs getting the correct call. There were a couple instances were Grant Hill was called for phantom fouls against Kobe. None more ridiculous than in the fourth foul charged against Hill in the third quarter. The reason no one cares is because the Lakers played alot better than the Suns. But if there is a close game and that stuff goes down, there will be some angry fans.

But it wasn't a close game and your complaning about it. I wouldn't mind you whining if it was a close game. Also...for foul you think that was called wrong, there is another call that probably went wrong against the lakers too.

I've seen games where the home team get like 20 more FT's then the road team. This game my friend was actually called pretty fair. Just tell your team to get some rebounds instead of making Odom have 19.

baseline bum
05-19-2010, 03:35 PM

Come on; it's only been 3 years.