PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Pelosi says you can quit your job now because of the health care bill

BRHornet45
05-19-2010, 03:28 AM
“We see it as an entrepreneurial bill,” Pelosi said, “a bill that says to someone, if you want to be creative and be a musician or whatever, you can leave your work, focus on your talent, your skill, your passion, your aspirations because you will have health care.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/65950

boutons_deux
05-19-2010, 05:09 AM
leave your work as a drone, as a sterile, Dilbert wage slave in jobs that 50% of wage slaves find unrewarding, meaningless, frustrating, soul-destroying, jobs many people keep just because of the health insurance.

She didn't say, at all, to be "unemployed".

Employer-provided health insurance is just another way the oligarchy castrates the wages slaves in their St.Ronnie-inspired war on employees, rendering employees immobile, pliable, stagnant income even with incresing productivity, fearing losing their health insurance more than losing their jobs.

A hard-core public option would empower employees to seek more rewarding employment, even self-employment, as Pelosi suggests. The last thing corps want is mobile, empowered, "emancipated" wage slaves.

George Gervin's Afro
05-19-2010, 07:36 AM
“We see it as an entrepreneurial bill,” Pelosi said, “a bill that says to someone, if you want to be creative and be a musician or whatever, you can leave your work, focus on your talent, your skill, your passion, your aspirations because you will have health care.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/65950

you'd still have to pay for insurance smart guy..

Drachen
05-19-2010, 08:13 AM
I know at least two of my friends who have designs on owning their own business. The ideas and research are there. Their business plans are at varying stages of completion, but all of last year, both of them got to a point where they just kind of stagnated. It was exactly because of health insurance. One has twin boys (about 1.5 years) and a wife, and one is a single father of an 8 year old. It sucks, because the former has to employ at least two people very close to the beginning (within one month of opening), but it would be irresponsible to allow his family, especially his children, to go without insurance, and he recognizes that. I don't think that this is an uncommon story.

EmptyMan
05-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Work. Save. Sacrifice.

Drachen
05-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Work. Save. Sacrifice.

Pretty much the plan. Unfortunately for people looking to go out and start their own business it is very hard to plan for the possibility of your rates raising anywhere from 1% to 20% in any given year. Or in the event of an illness, coverage completely dropped and having to go to the state high risk pool at a VERY high premium.

I am not saying that there won't be anyone who won't take advantage of the system, there most certainly will, but to take that statement and infer what the OP infers, is intellectually dishonest.

Fabbs
05-19-2010, 09:50 AM
leave your work as a drone, as a sterile, Dilbert wage slave in jobs that 50% of wage slaves find unrewarding, meaningless, frustrating, soul-destroying, jobs many people keep just because of the health insurance.

She didn't say, at all, to be "unemployed".

Employer-provided health insurance is just another way the oligarchy castrates the wages slaves in their St.Ronnie-inspired war on employees, rendering employees immobile, pliable, stagnant income even with incresing productivity, fearing losing their health insurance more than losing their jobs.

A hard-core public option would empower employees to seek more rewarding employment, even self-employment, as Pelosi suggests. The last thing corps want is mobile, empowered, "emancipated" wage slaves.
sons with such a lame twist on his op.

George Gervin's Afro
05-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Pretty much the plan. Unfortunately for people looking to go out and start their own business it is very hard to plan for the possibility of your rates raising anywhere from 1% to 20% in any given year. Or in the event of an illness, coverage completely dropped and having to go to the state high risk pool at a VERY high premium.

I am not saying that there won't be anyone who won't take advantage of the system, there most certainly will, but to take that statement and infer what the OP infers, is intellectually dishonest.

conservatives live in a black anf white world. A one size fits all mentality..

TeyshaBlue
05-19-2010, 11:28 AM

Not really....

z0sa
05-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Not really....

I find that statement (GGA's) extremely ironic. He "one size fitted" all conservatives in the first sentence, then says they're the ones who do that in the very next. Priceless..

OT, I don't see how one could reasonably portray the health bill as "entrepreneurial" without an unreasonable stretch of reality.

George Gervin's Afro
05-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I find that statement (GGA's) extremely ironic. He "one size fitted" all conservatives in the first sentence, then says they're the ones who do that in the very next. Priceless..

OT, I don't see how one could reasonably portray the health bill as "entrepreneurial" without an unreasonable stretch of reality.

Drachen post

I know at least two of my friends who have designs on owning their own business. The ideas and research are there. Their business plans are at varying stages of completion, but all of last year, both of them got to a point where they just kind of stagnated. It was exactly because of health insurance. One has twin boys (about 1.5 years) and a wife, and one is a single father of an 8 year old. It sucks, because the former has to employ at least two people very close to the beginning (within one month of opening), but it would be irresponsible to allow his family, especially his children, to go without insurance, and he recognizes that. I don't think that this is an uncommon story.

conservative response:

Work. Save. Sacrifice.

Response to above post:

My response:

I stand by my claim. alothough I should have said 'most conservatives'..

word
05-19-2010, 01:20 PM
you'd still have to pay for insurance smart guy..

Yes it's funny people don't quite get yet, that they will still have to PAY for their government health insurance. Whether or not it will be cheaper, remains to be seen.

George Gervin's Afro
05-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes it's funny people don't quite get yet, that they will still have to PAY for their government health insurance. Whether or not it will be cheaper, remains to be seen.

Yes that is what I am assuming Pelosi meant. If you want to branch out and try to follow your dreams (her words) then ,with healthcare theoretically being more affordable, you can do it...

ChumpDumper
05-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Yes it's funny people don't quite get yet, that they will still have to PAY for their government health insurance. Whether or not it will be cheaper, remains to be seen.It's funny that you think it's government health insurance.

boutons_deux
05-19-2010, 01:58 PM
"they will still have to PAY for their government health insurance"

false. More right wing lying. as in "govt taking over health care"

There is no "govt health insurance" for most people.

Individuals will be able to (must) buy PRIVATE insurers' exchange offerings as they are mandated to do by the health insurance reform bill. The big change here is that the private insurers must insure individuals no matter what their medical history.

Some who qualify for Medicare's lowered age threshold will be able to buy in to that GOVT insurance.

My hope is that eventually the exchanges will be completely replaced by Medicare for all as a strong public option, taking private health insurance completely out of employers' responsibility.

word
05-19-2010, 02:05 PM
So basically, nothings changed ?

boutons_deux
05-19-2010, 02:09 PM
you can't fucking read

ChumpDumper
05-19-2010, 02:10 PM
So basically, nothings changed ?Not as far as having to pay for health insurance.

Goliadnative
05-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Won't those who fall below a certain income level be eligible for government subsidized coverage? Wasn't that what all the abortion/public funding debate was about?

xrayzebra
05-19-2010, 02:29 PM
you can't fucking read

And you obviously haven't the ability of reason or coherent thought
process except government is the best answer to everything.

Hence, dummy, why start a business. Government has no intention of
letting you succeed without their blessings.

boutons_deux
05-19-2010, 02:35 PM
XZ chimes in with his Alzheimer's ramblings.

xrayzebra
05-19-2010, 02:39 PM
And boutons understands every word I say........kinda scary isn't it.

Drachen
05-19-2010, 03:53 PM
If it makes anyone feel better, I don't think that the watered down bill that passed will change many (or any) minds about quitting their jobs to start a business of their own. Public option wouldn't have been "universal health care" but it would have been much better than what is currently happening.