DMX7
05-19-2010, 03:35 AM
I guess the tides are really turning. :lol

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20005343-503544.html

George Gervin's Afro
05-19-2010, 08:01 AM

YOu won't get any response form the dead enders. They and the tea potties are all in for 2010...

TeyshaBlue
05-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Critz was Murtha's aide for something like 13 years. Murtha was phenomenal at bringing funds to his district...hell, everything up there has his name on it.:lol Critz ran on the "more of the same" ticket which surprised me given the conventional wisdom of status quo/incumbent = election death. I guess since Murtha was dead and Critz was not technically an incumbent, the status quo component of his campaign appears to have worked. Interesting dynamic, if that was the actual case.

Duff McCartney
05-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Critz was Murtha's aide for something like 13 years. Murtha was phenomenal at bringing funds to his district...hell, everything up there has his name on it.:lol Critz ran on the "more of the same" ticket which surprised me given the conventional wisdom of status quo/incumbent = election death. I guess since Murtha was dead and Critz was not technically an incumbent, the status quo component of his campaign appears to have worked. Interesting dynamic, if that was the actual case.

What the fuck? So you go on this long rant about him running on the status quo, then end your entire rant on doubts as to whether that was the actual case.

DarrinS
05-19-2010, 12:44 PM
I like this guy. From his website:

Protecting the 2nd Amendment
Growing up in Western Pennsylvania, Mark understands that the basic rights guaranteed under the 2nd Amendment should not be infringed upon with unnecessary restrictions. Mark believes that sportsmen, hunters, and citizens concerned for their personal safety are guaranteed the right to keep and bear arms. In Congress, Mark will oppose any effort to weaken this right guaranteed to us in the Constitution.

Protecting Life
Mark is pro-life and opposes taxpayer funding of abortion. In Congress, Mark will fight for policies that stand up for the sanctity of life.

Reducing the Deficit
Mark knows that families have to live within their means, and he thinks it’s time that Congress starts doing the same. That’s why he is committed to reducing the deficit and thinks Congress should start by tightening its own belt. Mark will fight to constrain government spending by working to eliminate wasteful programs, and as a first step, Mark supports reducing the salaries and office budgets for members of Congress by 5 percent next year.

Protecting and Creating Western Pennsylvania Energy Jobs
Mark believes that we must develop a long term strategy that moves us to energy independence and creates jobs here in Pennsylvania.

Mark is committed to protecting the coal industry and the Western Pennsylvania jobs that go with it, and as energy prices continue to rise, believes that we must also have an immediate strategy that includes expanding domestic drilling.

Mark Critz opposes so called "Cap and Trade" legislation, because it would have a negative impact on jobs and working families here in Western Pennsylvania.

Western Pennsylvania can be a leader in clean coal technology as well as alternative energy jobs. Mark believes that we need to invest in these kinds of technologies that will create jobs and protect our national security interests, and in Congress that will be one of his top priorities

DarrinS
05-19-2010, 12:47 PM

When someone wins on Obama's pet issues, let me know.

uE7SQRGM1Uk

TeyshaBlue
05-19-2010, 12:49 PM
What the fuck? So you go on this long rant about him running on the status quo, then end your entire rant on doubts as to whether that was the actual case.

Sometimes, when I'm speculating and don't really know everything, I will couch my views as an opnion and qualify them as such.

Give it a shot, slick. lrn2contextualize.

lol @ long rant.

z0sa
05-19-2010, 12:50 PM
I agree with DarrinS. Dude sounds like he's got his head on straight, and is ready to help make some good shit happen. The usual BS, but I like what I heard.

word
05-19-2010, 01:14 PM

So a democrat wins in a closed democratic primary and this is cause for gloating ?

Duff McCartney
05-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Sometimes, when I'm speculating and don't really know everything, I will couch my views as an opnion and qualify them as such.

Well I don't see where you qualified any of that as opinion. You're basically saying it like it's fact, then end with "if that was the actual case."

I'm not above giving my opinion, but yours clearly isn't labeled as such. Again your speculating things like they are facts, or there is clear evidence for you to speculate.

TeyshaBlue
05-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Well I don't see where you qualified any of that as opinion. You're basically saying it like it's fact, then end with "if that was the actual case."

I'm not above giving my opinion, but yours clearly isn't labeled as such. Again your speculating things like they are facts, or there is clear evidence for you to speculate.

Usually, the qualifier "if that was the actual case" would suggest that I did not actually know what was actually, you know, the case.

That being said, I'll try to be a little clearer with you, when trotting out an opinion.

Also, little clues like " I guess..." ought to tip you off that I'm, ummm...guessing.:lol

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/context

ChumpDumper
05-19-2010, 01:50 PM
So a democrat wins in a closed democratic primary and this is cause for gloating ?So word doesn't read the article and assumes it's a primary election?

MannyIsGod
05-19-2010, 01:59 PM
So a democrat wins in a closed democratic primary and this is cause for gloating ?

:lmao

MannyIsGod
05-19-2010, 02:02 PM
I like that part of his website where he says he's for reducing the deficit. What part of the website tells us whether or not he's against puppies and rainbows?

DarrinS
05-19-2010, 03:55 PM
I like that part of his website where he says he's for reducing the deficit. What part of the website tells us whether or not he's against puppies and rainbows?

I think him winning on a pro-gun, pro-life, pro-domestic-drilling, anti cap-n-tax, anti-Obamacare platform is proof that the country is ready for a far left progressive revolution.

DMX7
05-19-2010, 04:25 PM
I think him winning on a pro-gun, pro-life, pro-domestic-drilling, anti cap-n-tax, anti-Obamacare platform is proof that the country is ready for a far left progressive revolution.

Who said anything about the 2010 elections being a far left progressive revolution?

But seriously, you're the sucker if you believe a conservative district actually got a de facto conservative. He pandered to them because he had to, you think he's actually going to keep all his campaign promises?

Maybe you need a introduction to American politics.

Wild Cobra
05-19-2010, 05:28 PM
When someone wins on Obama's pet issues, let me know.

uE7SQRGM1Uk
No shit. Forget the political affiliations, and look at their positions and record.

MannyIsGod
05-19-2010, 06:00 PM

Really? Cause I think the Conservative candidate winning means that the GOP is going to take control of both houses and put Obama in his place!!!!!

Then again we can take a look at which party is on the special election win streak and wonder if that signifies the coming GOP wave.

Nbadan
05-19-2010, 06:11 PM
NO thanks to the M$M which has been portraying any GOP victory in a closed party primaries, as a victory for the tea-baggers...the tea-baggers are a fringe GOP group, but the M$M has been making them out as some populists movement...they're not....

Wild Cobra
05-19-2010, 06:12 PM
the tea-baggers are a fringe GOP group, but
You should really learn some facts. You are totally wrong here.

Nbadan
05-19-2010, 06:17 PM
You want to see a populists movement, wait till all those Mexicans in New Mexico get their chance to vote out all the scared gringos....

EmptyMan
05-19-2010, 06:43 PM
You want to see a populists movement, wait till all those Mexicans in New Mexico get their chance to vote out all the scared gringos....

:lol

DarrinS
05-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Really? Cause I think the Conservative candidate winning means that the GOP is going to take control of both houses and put Obama in his place!!!!!

Then again we can take a look at which party is on the special election win streak and wonder if that signifies the coming GOP wave.

Screw the GOP. I'm more interested in electing people that are somewhat conservative (or at least not nutbag leftists), regardless of party affiliation.

DMX7
05-20-2010, 01:36 AM
Screw the GOP. I'm more interested in electing people that are somewhat conservative (or at least not nutbag leftists), regardless of party affiliation.

Tea Baggers are mad because they don't believe the White House or the Congress reflects the people.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to realize that they're actually stuck in a contagious cycle of frustration. It doesn't matter who you people elect, conservative or liberal, because those elected have already pledged their allegiances to their greatest campaign contributors (i.e., the corporations). Each candidate becomes a "Washington Insider", whatever that means, the moment they're elected.

florige
05-20-2010, 10:41 AM
This is a post from a anti Obama guy from another website I post at...

Obama Takes Charge of the Economy: Stocks to continue downward spiral today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...hatsNewsSecond

"... Dow Jones Industrial Average futures were 93 points lower at 10397. The S&P 500 futures slipped 11.5 points to 1107.2 and Nasdaq 100 futures lost 19.75 points to 1868.25. ..."

Why do the left-wing kooks like Obama want to see America fail?

Thank God that starting this November, the Republicans will begin restoring dignity, economic stability and national security to our once-great nation.

I literally :lmao at that one.