PDA

View Full Version : Lamest Playoffs Ever?

poop
05-19-2010, 01:22 PM
3/4 of the semifinal series were boring sweeps, the 4th one being an epically lame series in which almost every game was a blowout, and one team just packed it in and quit with 2 games left.

conference finals -looks like 2 more sweeps.

i have yet to see any real competitive series or crunch time heroics or anything even remotely interesting or any real upsets.

hey at least the first round had a couple highlights...

Ginobilly
05-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Hopefully the finals go to seven games with Lakers winning it in the tenth overtime by a tip in dunk by gasol at the buzzer.

pauls931
05-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Send Garnet back to the Wolves and Gasol back to memphis...

da_suns_fan
05-19-2010, 01:52 PM

:lol

silverblk mystix
05-19-2010, 02:03 PM

unfortunately,

that is what the nba has come down to---

I guess it is kinda funny---IF you are a Lakers or Celtics fan...

if you are a fan of another team----OR---just a fan of the game of basketball---

then you are fucked

C-O-L-L-U-S-I-O-N

DesignatedT
05-19-2010, 02:03 PM
if its LA/BOS again just kill me.

pauls931
05-19-2010, 02:08 PM
unfortunately,

that is what the nba has come down to---

I guess it is kinda funny---IF you are a Lakers or Celtics fan...

if you are a fan of another team----OR---just a fan of the game of basketball---

then you are fucked

C-O-L-L-U-S-I-O-N

LA is a bit better off, but these trades made these two teams significantly better than the other teams in their conferences. Boston got a guaranteed championship from their trade and LA disrupted the entire western conference not having to give up Odom or even Fisher and unloading a useless piece. Fortunately both teams will probably decline significantly in the coming years.

I mean come on, imagine if you had a player that was so bad he got booed and you trade him and some worthless pics for an allstar caliber player. Granted memphis got Marc Gasol I think and are in the championship running.

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Boston is "significantly" better than their conference? Disagree

Same with LA.

LA would've lost to Dallas this year if Carlisle unleashed the great Beaubois. Dallas is the only team that had the length and size in the frontcourt to combat LA, but between Hill's bullshit shooting and Carlisle's mismanagement of Beaubois, we never got to see it happen.

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 02:16 PM
2011 WCF preview

JpMZAcmNI7A

poop
05-19-2010, 02:35 PM

thats obviously what its gonna be. again. just the way the NBA/Stern likes it.

TheManFromAcme
05-19-2010, 02:57 PM

Same with LA.

LA would've lost to Dallas this year if Carlisle unleashed the great Beaubois. Dallas is the only team that had the length and size in the frontcourt to combat LA, but between Hill's bullshit shooting and Carlisle's mismanagement of Beaubois, we never got to see it happen.

:nope

Sheer speculation on your end....
They had/have the length no doubt but the Choker mentality is their fundemental make up tragically.

Lakers in 6 if that match up would have happened.

djohn2oo8
05-19-2010, 03:00 PM

Same with LA.

$250 for a handjob :lmao

Ginobilly
05-19-2010, 03:01 PM
thats obviously what its gonna be. again. just the way the NBA/Stern likes it.

I've come to love the NBA like I loved to watch WWF back in the day. Gone are the days at cursing and praising out Timmy, Ginobili, and Parker at the top of my lungs as they have fucked up and then redeemed their way to 4 championships. It's much better for your health to accept for what the NBA really is. A form of sports entertainment that Stern(Vince Mcmahn) and the Refs have a crucial effect in influencing outcomes.

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 03:02 PM
:nope

Sheer speculation on your end....
They had/have the length no doubt but the Choker mentality is their fundemental make up tragically.

Lakers in 6 if that match up would have happened.

Huh? are you a psychologist? Are you in the Mavs locker room? can you read peoples minds from behind the TV screen?

Mavs didn't even choke in the 1st round, except for Carlisle not unleashing the great Beaubois and George Hill hitting a few lucky shots and having Dan Crawford officiate a game.

2-17 against Crawford, give me a fucking break.

:lobt: next year

TheManFromAcme
05-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Huh? are you a psychologist? Are you in the Mavs locker room? can you read peoples minds from behind the TV screen?

Mavs didn't even choke in the 1st round, except for Carlisle not unleashing the great Beaubois and George Hill hitting a few lucky shots and having Dan Crawford officiate a game.

2-17 against Crawford, give me a fucking break.

:lobt: next year

No, I am not a shrink.
But to answer your question, YOUR COACH CHOKED not just your players.

His failure to, how do you put it?...."unleash" was a coaching snafu also known as a choke.

rjv
05-19-2010, 03:35 PM
mavs have actually won many titles in the parallel universe that is named the "what if" dimension.

Allanon
05-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Lakers had Marc Gasol in the wings, not a big deal if they had gotten Pau or not.

The big difference was acquiring Ron Artest, he's made the Lakers into a legit defensive team while still having decent offense.

Defense is the difference between this year's Lakers and the last 2 years.

The Laker/Celtic Finals will be a defensive slugout but at the same time, feature some great offense. I think it's going to be good.

Spur_Fanatic
05-19-2010, 04:22 PM
The East sucks...

TheManFromAcme
05-19-2010, 04:26 PM
mavs have actually won many titles in the parallel universe that is named the "what if" dimension.

:lol

Fpoonsie
05-19-2010, 04:47 PM

:rollin

dastrey
05-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Lakers had Marc Gasol in the wings, not a big deal if they had gotten Pau or not.

Seriously? Marc turned out to be a decent center, but the Lakers would just be another good team without Pau. He is the most skilled big man in the league. There isn't another big man in the league that the Lakers would trade Pau for.

D2Procon
05-19-2010, 06:25 PM
When you have David Stern controlling the outcome of the games in the playoffs, its bound to be boring.....

Ashy Larry
05-19-2010, 06:50 PM

once san antone was eliminated, Stern threw about five parties. The when the Cavs bowed out, he was about to hang himself until he saw the Lakers and C's still in the playoffs

Killakobe81
05-19-2010, 08:02 PM

Same with LA.

LOL keep holding on to THAT fallacy ... or fantasy.
You can put the 2010 trophy you missed out on this year ....next to the other one ...

Killakobe81
05-19-2010, 08:05 PM
What is with Dfish FT's ?

peskypesky
05-19-2010, 10:43 PM
this is what happens when collusion occurs.

Capt Bringdown
05-19-2010, 10:55 PM
I can't help but admire the Celts & Lakers for playing REAL basketball. They play defense. They have inside players, they have perimeter players. They run post ups, they fast break, etc.

Seems like the rest of the league is too busy playing fake basketball. Small ball, 3 point gimmickry, matador D...

Giuseppe
05-19-2010, 11:02 PM
I can't help but admire the Celts & Lakers for playing REAL basketball. They play defense. They have inside players, they have perimeter players. They run post ups, they fast break, etc.

Seems like the rest of the league is too busy playing fake basketball. Small ball, 3 point gimmickry, matador D...

The Captain---goods---precise style.

poop
05-19-2010, 11:07 PM

ROFL...yeah its easy to 'admire' a team that 'plays good' when they were both manufactured and have completely stacked teams which no smaller-market franchise could ever dream of achieving :rolleyes

give me a team with the best frontline since robinson-duncan, ron artest as SF, and the BEST PLAYER IN THE WHOLE WORLD on the wing, and a 6th man who would be an all-star on any other team and maybe the nba's greatest matchup nightmare and i could 'coach' them to impressive wins.:rolleyes

Quit Hatin'
05-19-2010, 11:09 PM
i have no problem with the sweeps i actually enjoyed them. but i tell you thing this years finals is going to be epic. boston-LA. arguably the best rivalry in sports and its just gonna get better.

poop
05-19-2010, 11:18 PM
i have no problem with the sweeps i actually enjoyed them. but i tell you thing this years finals is going to be epic. boston-LA. arguably the best rivalry in sports and its just gonna get better.

'best rivalry in sports' ROFL yeah it was in the 80's...

its funny how quickly people forget LA was struggling, and Boston was completely irrelevant for like TWENTY PLUS YEARS when 'all of a sudden, at exactly the same time, just by coincidence' both teams 'pulled off' 'miraculous' lop-sided, miracle trades and aquisitions simultaneously and 'just happened' to rekindle the ancient rivalry in order to try to save ratings after years of Spurs-Pistons dominance.

the NBA had to cheat to get rid of the class, respectable franchises that built themselves the right way, to make way for their bullshit cash cows.

Quit Hatin'
05-19-2010, 11:49 PM
What u mad?

SomeCallMeTim
05-19-2010, 11:58 PM
ROFL...yeah its easy to 'admire' a team that 'plays good' when they were both manufactured and have completely stacked teams which no smaller-market franchise could ever dream of achieving :rolleyes

Yeah, San Antonio never had the best player in the league along with arguably the best wing player and a top-5 PG all going at the same time or anything, all surrounded by deadly 3-pt shooters and plus defenders as role players.

Totally unpossible for a small market team to be "completely stacked" like that.

monosylab1k
05-19-2010, 11:59 PM
lame

J_Paco
05-20-2010, 12:15 AM
The playoffs have been very poor this season. But, you can't blame the Lakers or Celtics for what they're both doing right now. Oklahoma City and Cleveland both had legitimate chances of ending both team's playoff runs earlier, so don't blame them for just having that extra veteran savvy and being plain better. I hate Los Angeles, I like some guys on Boston (K.G. & Pierce), but can't deny they've once again turned the corner and have just been dominant. Boston is playing defense at an elite level once again with the resurgence of Garnett and his teammates have step it up in other areas.

Both teams core players are into their 30's, except Rondo and Bynum, so they could still be surpassed within the next year or two. But, until then you've gotta admire the grit, great coaching and veteran savvy of both teams.

InRareForm
05-20-2010, 12:17 AM
way to go chris wallace

newacc
05-20-2010, 12:51 AM

The big difference was acquiring Ron Artest, he's made the Lakers into a legit defensive team while still having decent offense.

Not a big deal if they had not gotten Pau? Pau is the best big man in the game who does everything for the Lakers.

The big difference was Gasol. Who are you kidding besides yourself?

Also, these playoffs are incredibly boring.

21_Blessings
05-20-2010, 01:16 AM
way to go chris wallace

Unclench your sphincter so Jerry West can have his cock back.

Giuseppe
05-20-2010, 01:23 AM
They are indeed boring. This is the end result of symbolism over substance. Too many teams chasing too little talent. There are 30 teams and legitimately enough talent to stock less than half of them. Building up players like James and Howard to such a fever pitch that they're incapable of living up to the hype, but, they go along for the ride because nobody wants to stop the merry-go-round. The Magic are so bad they actually had that Redick guy as their finisher in the waning minutes of Game 2, and nobody questioned it! Howard & Carter were scared shitless, kinda like McNabb in that Super Bowl a few years back. You got Kobe in Los Angeles and some rock heads in Boston and daddy,-O, that's about it.

poop
05-20-2010, 02:05 AM
Yeah, San Antonio never had the best player in the league along with arguably the best wing player and a top-5 PG all going at the same time or anything, all surrounded by deadly 3-pt shooters and plus defenders as role players.

Totally unpossible for a small market team to be "completely stacked" like that.

ha.haha..HAHAHAH STFU you troll...this Lakers team is FAR more stacked than any team Duncan's ever had...

ROFL put a prime Gasol and Kobe bryant next to Duncan and he would have won 8 consecutive titles.

the spurs aside form duncan have had to make do with second round picks, late first round picks, players nobody else wanted, etc...

are you honestly comparing that to the Laker's situation???? :lmao

Jacob1983
05-20-2010, 02:11 AM
The first round was decent. The second round and conference finals have been awful. Some of the worst playoff basketball I've ever seen. Too lopsided. I don't want to see sweeps and domination in the conference finals. That's pathetic. And the NBA does not have parity. They've never had it. When two teams basically have half of the sport's championships in the history of the sport, there is no parity.

flame
05-20-2010, 02:17 AM
I was thinking just today that the playoffs have failed to capture my attention (except for Spurs vs Mavs of course. Good series even beside my bias). I'm sitting here wondering - what happened to Celtics - Bulls and 7 games? What happened to a good Spurs-Suns matchup? Warriors vs Mavs from a few years ago? Celts - Anyone during their championship run? Lakers - Spurs throughout the decade?

I mean you look at the brackets from this year -they've all been real snoozers. Hawks - Bucks was the only thing even coming close to interesting and it really wasn't because you knew the whole time that the Hawks were being total lazy shitheads. Granted - OKC vs Lakers was pretty good if you got drunk enough to let your hopes up - but you could still see the writing on the wall.

I'm hoping Dwight Howard gets his head out of his ass (unlikely) and Vince Carter decides to grow a pair so they can even this series up and make it interesting. If they win 2 in a row I think the Celts will get fairly worried.

I expected more out of the Suns than this. They like to get out and run, so I figured they would give the Lakers some sort of trouble. Looks like I was completely wrong. The Lakers are making our loss to Phoenix even MORE embarrassing (something I didn't think was possible). I doubt I'll even bother to watch the rest of the playoffs.

ginobili's bald spot
05-20-2010, 02:17 AM
Lots of cryin' in this thread. :lol I love it. I wish I could collect all of your tears into a jar to keep on my mantle.

Jacob1983
05-20-2010, 02:23 AM
What will the cocky arrogant Laker fans do on here if the Lakers get ass raped in the Finals by the Celtics?

Venti Quattro
05-20-2010, 02:24 AM
Pick on Dallas fans.

ginobili's bald spot
05-20-2010, 02:26 AM
What will the cocky arrogant Laker fans do on here if the Lakers get ass raped in the Finals by the Celtics?

Laugh at the team who got swept by a team who got swept by another team who got swept.

BeeGee
05-20-2010, 04:18 AM
3/4 of the semifinal series were boring sweeps, the 4th one being an epically lame series in which almost every game was a blowout, and one team just packed it in and quit with 2 games left.

conference finals -looks like 2 more sweeps.

i have yet to see any real competitive series or crunch time heroics or anything even remotely interesting or any real upsets.

hey at least the first round had a couple highlights...http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/10837/original/795664-butthurt12copy_1_super.jpg

Spurs get broomfucked by Phoenix, suddenly the playoffs are the lamest ever.

BeeGee
05-20-2010, 04:21 AM
ha.haha..hahahah stfu you troll...this lakers team is far more stacked than any team duncan's ever had...

Rofl put a prime gasol and kobe bryant next to duncan and he would have won 8 consecutive titles.

The spurs aside form duncan have had to make do with second round picks, late first round picks, players nobody else wanted, etc...

Are you honestly comparing that to the laker's situation???? :lmaofake lol alert

Danny.Zhu
05-20-2010, 04:47 AM

Same with LA.

Agreed.

silverblk mystix
05-20-2010, 05:40 AM

the celtics will expose the lakers as frontrunning softies---

laker fans here will be nowhere to be found

TJastal
05-20-2010, 06:14 AM
Hey guys, don't forget we got to see one of Derek Fisher's patented pussy moves in game 2....

You know, the one where he leaps in front of someone who is just trying to run down the court (Stoudemire was the big jerk this time who ran over the pussy) and flops .. that made the series for me right there guys... this is classy basketball at its best.

If I never get to watch another lick of basketball in my life at least I'll be able to say I got to see Derek Fisher's ass flop one last time...

Guys, do you think perhaps he'll do more flops in the finals? I don't know if I could handle it if he did... I just get soooo happy to watch ol' Fish doing his impression of a tuna... when it's dark and nobody is looking I go down to the park and I pretend I'm Derek Fisher with three numbskull referees all ready to blow their whistles, and boy.... I go nutz!! That court won't ever see that kind of fine flopping again I'll wager.. haha

Giuseppe
05-20-2010, 06:17 AM
^Blame his daughter.

tee, hee.

ginobili's bald spot
05-20-2010, 06:44 AM
Hey guys, don't forget we got to see one of Derek Fisher's patented pussy moves in game 2....

You know, the one where he leaps in front of someone who is just trying to run down the court (Stoudemire was the big jerk this time who ran over the pussy) and flops .. that made the series for me right there guys... this is classy basketball at its best.

If I never get to watch another lick of basketball in my life at least I'll be able to say I got to see Derek Fisher's ass flop one last time...

Guys, do you think perhaps he'll do more flops in the finals? I don't know if I could handle it if he did... I just get soooo happy to watch ol' Fish doing his impression of a tuna... when it's dark and nobody is looking I go down to the park and I pretend I'm Derek Fisher with three numbskull referees all ready to blow their whistles, and boy.... I go nutz!! That court won't ever see that kind of fine flopping again I'll wager.. haha

Ohhh Yes yes let me taste your tears tjastal. Mmmmm the tears of unfathomable sadness.

Muser
05-20-2010, 07:13 AM

:lmao:lmao

It's pretty much the Ghazi "If Kerr didn't hit bullshit shots, Dirk wasn't injured, Amar'e wasn't injured, If Dallas didn't get crawford, if Wade didn't get all the calls, If Hill didn't hit bullshit shots, If Baron Davis didn't hit bullshit shots, If the whole GSW squad didn't hit bullshit shots..." I'm sure there is a lot more, but that's plenty tbh.

pauls931
05-20-2010, 08:00 AM

Everyone does it, Ginobili falls like he was hit by a freight train when he draws contact going around screens. It's up to the NBA to make the call.

TampaDude
05-20-2010, 09:46 AM
...and when it's all said and done...Orlando and Phoenix will still be ringless...and either LA or Boston will add one more banner to the pile...$$$ talks.

BTW...in the Finals...Celtics in 6. :toast

SomeCallMeTim
05-20-2010, 10:42 AM
ha.haha..HAHAHAH STFU you troll...this Lakers team is FAR more stacked than any team Duncan's ever had...

ROFL put a prime Gasol and Kobe bryant next to Duncan and he would have won 8 consecutive titles.

the spurs aside form duncan have had to make do with second round picks, late first round picks, players nobody else wanted, etc...

are you honestly comparing that to the Laker's situation???? :lmao

Wait, what is your argument?

That the Spurs did not have a stacked team?

Or that they acquired that stacked team through more "honorable" means (i.e. the draft)?

Because you can't have it both ways.

Those Spurs teams were stacked. You don't win four titles without that.

If you want to argue that getting their talent through the draft is more "legit," or whatever, fine... at least that is somewhat of a reasonable argument. But just because Parker and Manu were low picks does not change the fact that they are/were great players.

monosylab1k
05-20-2010, 10:49 AM
lame

mavsfan1000
05-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Yep. Lamest playoffs ever imo. Last year sucked ass as well though.

21_Blessings
05-20-2010, 11:48 AM
The playoffs suck every year for Dallas Fan

Ghazi
05-20-2010, 12:00 PM
"I do no look at a LeBron-less Mavericks team as a possibility. The Basketball Gods have spoken to me, they have given me the gift of prophecy. LeBron will be a Maverick.

Mavs fans have grown weary. They have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. All of our lives, we have fought this war. July 1st I believe we can end it. July 1st, 2010 is not an accident. There are no accidents. We have not come here by chance. I do not believe in chance. When I see one objective, one superstar, one DUST chip - I do not see coincidence, I see providence. I see purpose. I believe it our fate to be here. It is our destiny. I believe July 1st, 2010 holds for each and every Mav Fan, the very meaning of our fandom.

I have shown LeBron the door. Now he must walk through it. The prophecy shall come true."

-moNostradamas

:worthy: moNostradamus :worthy: :worthy:

D-Wade #3
05-20-2010, 01:17 PM
"I do no look at a LeBron-less Mavericks team as a possibility. The Basketball Gods have spoken to me, they have given me the gift of prophecy. LeBron will be a Maverick.

Mavs fans have grown weary. They have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. All of our lives, we have fought this war. July 1st I believe we can end it. July 1st, 2010 is not an accident. There are no accidents. We have not come here by chance. I do not believe in chance. When I see one objective, one superstar, one DUST chip - I do not see coincidence, I see providence. I see purpose. I believe it our fate to be here. It is our destiny. I believe July 1st, 2010 holds for each and every Mav Fan, the very meaning of our fandom.

I have shown LeBron the door. Now he must walk through it. The prophecy shall come true."

-moNostradamas

:worthy: moNostradamus :worthy: :worthy:

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0802/delusional-demotivational-poster-1203725305.jpg

monosylab1k
05-20-2010, 01:18 PM
lame

TJastal
05-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Everyone does it, Ginobili falls like he was hit by a freight train when he draws contact going around screens. It's up to the NBA to make the call.

This guy just takes it to a whole new level though, that's what I admire so much.. the jumping in front of unsuspecting fellas who are just jogging down the court and flopping back like he was shot out of a cannon...

I have to admit, sometimes I'll don that ol' Fish jersey and head out to the mall and look for people are totally not paying attention, walking and talking on cell-phones, friends, etc.. and I'll jump in front of them and take a charge!!! Sometimes I'll even bring my friend who pretends to be an nba ref who will follow and blow his whistle on those no-good jerks who run into me!!! I feel, like.. totally validated to hear that whistle blow and then the looks on their faces as I pop back up and point my finger in their faces and gloat at them and do a little "nah-nah you fucked up" dance.. sometimes even mall security comes to escort me out of the mall but I don't care it's totally worth it to the feel the power of the flop and the validation of the whistle!!!

Giuseppe
05-20-2010, 03:45 PM
^Just don't bend over in a Phoenix Mall.