PDA

View Full Version : A message to Amare's mom from DoK

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Dear Amare's mom (aka crack whore slut):

Amare's dad did Amare the courtesy of exiting his life knowing he would be nothing other than a liability to Amare. Seeing that you are no different and have done nothing but cause problems for Amare, you should consider following in his dad's footsteps and doing the same. That way, Amare can continue with his life and not worry about taking care of you like you were never able to take care of him. At the very least, next time try to time your run ins with the police during the off season, or just not during the playoffs. I understand dope fiends can't think beyond themselves and their next crack binge, but your son lost all the focus he had against San Antonio, which I'm guessing has something to do with the image of you being shoved into a police car being stuck in his head.

Tootles,
DoK

4>0rings
05-19-2010, 10:40 PM
http://i24.tinypic.com/295wfu9.gif

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 10:40 PM
6 rebound ecstasy :clap :clap :clap

IronMexican
05-19-2010, 10:41 PM
:lol blaming some no D, shitty rebounding night on his mom. Good one, bro.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm blaming a complete lack of focus on his mom.

baseline bum
05-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Maybe if she laid off the pipe in her pregnancy he'd know not to let Gasol run by him on the fucking inbounds play.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Barbosa's been allowed to play shit stained basketball for 2 full years because of his mom, I'm gonna make the same excuses for Amare.

Shastafarian
05-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Wait, so you were serious?

IronMexican
05-19-2010, 10:47 PM
:lol DoK defending his new man-crush's stupidity. It didn't stop his ass from typing out retarded tweets.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Wait, so you were serious?

Partially. The Suns organization sent the message last season that it's OK to suck and use your mom's issues as an excuse. I'm just holding Amare to the same standards Barbosa was held to.

DPG21920
05-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Amare's mom died?

jag
05-19-2010, 10:50 PM
Maybe if she laid off the pipe in her pregnancy he'd know not to let Gasol run by him on the fucking inbounds play.

:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Once Barbosa's mom got sick, the excuses immediately started being made for him. They didn't start once she died.

Bob Lanier
lol angry misogynistic fat jew

DPG21920
05-19-2010, 10:51 PM
So Amare's mom is on her death bed?

IronMexican
05-19-2010, 10:54 PM
DoK, stick to accounting.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Barbosa's mom died 18 months ago and because of that he's still allowed to play like shit. If your mom dying 18 months ago is an excuse to play like shit, then so is your mom getting arrest just a few days ago. I'm not sure why Amare is held to higher standards than Barbosa.

BadOdor
05-19-2010, 10:56 PM
lol jews

lol I'm a jew

lol amare

lol dok stop being a bitch and admit that amare sucked balls tonight

lol 3 rebound ecstasy

Roddy Beaubois
05-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Is it really that unbelievable that seeing your mom get arrested threw off your focus a bit?

DPG21920
Um, Amare is supposed to the be the "max contract" guy on the team. He is also rebounding like Bonner.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
He did suck balls tonight. Not denying that.

DPG21920
Of course it could effect him, but that is not the reason he is playing like ass and his team is getting dominated.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Is it really that unbelievable that seeing your mom get arrested threw off your focus a bit?

I guess. But lets remember this is Amare Stoudemire who is considered a waste of talent if he plays any worse than 1994 Olajuwon.

Shastafarian
05-19-2010, 11:00 PM
So he's easily distracted and let's it effect his game. Sounds like a max-contract kinda guy to me.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 11:03 PM
If Barbosa is worth $6,000,000, then Amare is worth a max contract.

DPG21920
05-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Have fun with that contract.

Shastafarian
05-19-2010, 11:04 PM
And Rashard Lewis is worth the $23 million he's due in a couple years.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 11:05 PM
And Rashard Lewis is worth the $23 million he's due in a couple years.

Just goes to show how little a max contract means these days, players worse than Amare have gotten them.

DPG21920
05-19-2010, 11:05 PM
6 M is just above a mid-level or average contract. Barbosa, despite his flaws, has been above average most of his career.

Amare is not near a max player although he will get that money.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 11:06 PM
6 M is just above a mid-level or average contract. Barbosa, despite his flaws, has been above average most of his career.

Outside of 2007 Barbosa has not been an above average player.

DPG21920
05-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Well, we can just disagree on that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 11:09 PM
DPG would you want Barbosa on the Spurs for $6,000,000?

DPG21920
05-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Right now, no.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Right now, no.

Thanks for playing.

DPG21920
05-19-2010, 11:15 PM
That makes no sense.

milkshakeballa
05-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Just goes to show how little a max contract means these days, players worse than Amare have gotten them.

Ok.

That doesn't mean Amare is worth max.

What has gotten into you lately DOK?

Zona weed fucked up your head man.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 11:18 PM
It makes perfect sense. Barbosa is playing nowhere near his contract value right now, but since his mom died 18 months ago it's OK. Amare is playing nowhere near his contract value right now, and the fact his mom was shoved into a police car in front of his very eyes is irrelevant. Double standard.

DPG21920
05-19-2010, 11:20 PM
It's not ok how Barbosa is playing. But he is not the main man, and a shit talker. Amare is and he is playing like a chump. He would be getting owned without the mom issue.

milkshakeballa
It makes perfect sense. Barbosa is playing nowhere near his contract value right now, but since his mom died 18 months ago it's OK. Amare is playing nowhere near his contract value right now, and the fact his mom was shoved into a police car in front of his very eyes is irrelevant. Double standard.

Amare is your franchise player.

Barbosa is a role player.

Barbosa's mom DIED.

Amare's mom is a crackwhore.

Amare has probably seen his mom get thrown in a cop car COUNTLESS times in his life.

Amare's problem is not focus. It's heart.

EVERYTIME DOWN. EVERYTIME. PAU. PAU. GO TO PAU.

Amare didn't even respond.

The Lakers made it a POINT to go at Amare EVERYTIME and he failed.

SOFT.

BadOdor

Son, you have those phoenix boards in your mind. You building straw man. Everyone hear agrees barbosa sucks, just like you should stop being a little bitch and just admit is a no defense playing. nowhere close to the max, 3 rebound ecstasy bitch player.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Ok.

So what would you do milkshake? Give Amare the max, or let him leave and turn into a lottery team?

Findog
05-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Cheer up DoK. This series is just another chapter in the tragic majesty that is the Phoenix Suns. It is your lot in sports life to cheer for such a franchise.

jag

Barbosa is not an above average player. His number were inflated in DA's system, and the guy is useless in the half court.

Findog
It's not ok how Barbosa is playing. But he is not the main man, and a shit talker. Amare is and he is playing like a chump. He would be getting owned without the mom issue.

This series is the Amare Stoudemire I know.

IronMexican
05-19-2010, 11:22 PM
So what would you do milkshake? Give Amare the max, or let him leave and turn into a lottery team?

Didn't you want to blow up the team, anyways? Do you want to be a team that's good, but not good enough to win it for a decade or so?

milkshakeballa
05-19-2010, 11:23 PM

I don't know. I don't know enough about the Suns situation to give you an answer.

I do know even with Amare you guys are not winning a title ANY time soon.

First thoughts would be to try and trade Amare in a S&T for some picks and nice young pieces.

Then I would trade Nash to a contender that needs a PG for young pieces.

Total rebuilding job.

The Lakers have put the Western Conference in a HORRIBLE position for the next 4-5 years.

All West teams at the moment sans OKC barring a MAJOR move are stuck in mediocrity. Not a title contender and not shitty enough for a good pick. STUCK.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Didn't you want to blow up the team, anyways? Do you want to be a team that's good, but not good enough to win it for a decade or so?

Rebuilding with Amare is going to be a whole lot easier than rebuilding without him. There are only so many Lebrons and Kobes in the NBA. Giving Amare a max contract isn't an ideal option but it's their best option.

Findog
05-19-2010, 11:25 PM
DOK, would you rather watch this team lose in the Conference Finals, or "blow it up" like you suggested and been on pins and needles last night during the lottery selection show?

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 11:26 PM
I don't know. I don't know enough about the Suns situation to give you an answer.

I do know even with Amare you guys are not winning a title ANY time soon.

First thoughts would be to try and trade Amare in a S&T for some picks and nice young pieces.

Then I would trade Nash to a contender that needs a PG for young pieces.

Total rebuilding job.

The Lakers have put the Western Conference in a HORRIBLE position for the next 4-5 years.

All West teams at the moment sans OKC barring a MAJOR move are stuck in mediocrity. Not a title contender and not shitty enough for a good pick. STUCK.

Portland says hi

So does Dallas

see avatar for details.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 11:46 PM
DOK, would you rather watch this team lose in the Conference Finals, or "blow it up" like you suggested and been on pins and needles last night during the lottery selection show?

Since blowing the team up doesn't give them any better a chance at a championship then giving Amare a max contract, I'd say give Amare the max. Boston won a championship in 2008 giving Ray Allen the max. Unless you have Kobe or Lebron on your team, it's almost a certainty you need to give max contracts to players who don't deserve them.

mingus
05-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Amare is just a dumb motherfucker. he fucked up 90% of the time defensively. he either rotated late, rotated to the wrong guy, or looked completely lost and didn't know what to do. i don't believe it has to do with effort. he wants to win, but his brain won't let him.

monosylab1k
05-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Ok.

lame

SomeCallMeTim
05-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Rebuilding with Amare is going to be a whole lot easier than rebuilding without him. There are only so many Lebrons and Kobes in the NBA. Giving Amare a max contract isn't an ideal option but it's their best option.

I think you're making a heck of a lot of sense here.

The way the CBA is written, giving Amar'e a max contract is a good way to go. Overpaid? Could be, somewhat. But the same way I defend "overpaid" Bynum as a good move for LA, I'll defend "overpaid" Amar'e for Phx.

Amar'e is clearly a flawed player... but how horrible he's looked defensively these last two games is not indicative of his true level of skill. These two games were just his defense drawn in caricature, every flaw blown up to comical proportions.

I'm not excusing him for that -- there is a reason why people put more meaning on these games... these games are more meaningful.

But it's dumb to overreact one way or another based on a few playoff games. After the Spurs series and while the C's were taking out the Cavs, all the talk was about how LeBron + Amar'e = championship -- because Amar'e had played so well against SA.

Reality is somewhere in the middle and Phx' best bet is retaining him and working with him to improve defensively. Who does the defensive coaching on this team, anyway?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Bill Cartwright is the defensive big man coach in general. Time to get rid of him and bring in Paul Silas if he's looking for a job.

And yeah, Amare is a flawed player like 99+% of the players in the NBA. KG, Pierce and Ray Allen are all flawed in their own certain ways, but they do a good job hiding each others' flaws. The Suns have a better chance at winning a championship by keeping Amare and trying to do what Boston did than they do blowing the team up and hoping that they can turn a top 5 pick into the next Lebron or Kobe.

Spur_Fanatic
05-20-2010, 09:18 AM
I'd feel bad if my mum got arrested, specially on those charges. I don't know the full story, the mother is a long time addict or something? Or this just new?

21_Blessings
05-20-2010, 09:21 AM

Phoenix was a lottery team last year.

Just go bitch-made and tank for the next franchise guy (worked for SA :lol), stockpiling top 10 picks in the process.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 09:25 AM
I'd feel bad if my mum got arrested, specially on those charges. I don't know the full story, the mother is a long time addict or something? Or this just new?
She's got a bevy of charges on her record. Drug possession, stealing, prostitution, DUI, etc.

Phoenix was a lottery team last year.

Just go bitch-made and tank for the next franchise guy (worked for SA :lol), stockpiling top 10 picks in the process.
I'd be down for that 21 but how often does that work? As heralded as Sam Presti is for the job he's done in OKC, OKC wouldn't be half as good if not for them getting Kevin Durant, which was 100% luck.

Spur_Fanatic
05-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Then she is a lost cause. Amare should just dump her somewhere.
Lock her up in a institution or something.

TampaDude
05-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Amare is your franchise player.

Barbosa is a role player.

Barbosa's mom DIED.

Amare's mom is a crackwhore.

Amare has probably seen his mom get thrown in a cop car COUNTLESS times in his life.

Amare's problem is not focus. It's heart.

EVERYTIME DOWN. EVERYTIME. PAU. PAU. GO TO PAU.

Amare didn't even respond.

The Lakers made it a POINT to go at Amare EVERYTIME and he failed.

SOFT.

+1 Amar'e was supposed to shit all over Gasol...guess not. Have fun in the Finals, Gasol! :toast

21_Blessings
05-20-2010, 09:34 AM
I'd be down for that 21 but how often does that work? As heralded as Sam Presti is for the job he's done in OKC, OKC wouldn't be half as good if not for them getting Kevin Durant, which was 100% luck.

What's the alternative? Overpay Amare and watch him get clowned by the Pau and Bynum the next 6 years?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 09:51 AM
What's the alternative? Overpay Amare and watch him get clowned by the Pau and Bynum the next 6 years?

No, overpay Amare and try to surround him with the needed pieces. As far as I'm concerned, Kobe is the only proven #1 option on a championship team in the NBA right now. Unless you've got him, then your only other option is to build around the right combination of 1.5 players and #2 players like Boston did and in the process hope Amare grows up. I wish there was a rebuilding plan for Phoenix that would guarantee a contending team capable of beating LA but no matter what they do they'll need a considerable amount of luck. I'm only supporting the plan that I think needs the least amount of luck.

21_Blessings
05-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Amare played some of worst defense I have ever seen this series and he seemed to mentally check out. You'd have to surround with a franchise player or two and a DOMINANT defensive anchor. I don't know how Phoenix does that without lottery picks because Amare will be eating 40% of the cap.

Ghazi
05-20-2010, 10:13 AM

:rollin

... jeez. :depressed :( :(... 21 is just so confused and lost...

SomeCallMeTim
05-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Then she is a lost cause. Amare should just dump her somewhere.
Lock her up in a institution or something.

That would be a lot easier if this were Amar'e's dog we were talking about. It isn't. This is his mom. Most people tend to be pretty fond of their mothers -- warts and all. Some even have this thing called "love" for their mother... I understand that can be a powerful influence upon them.

Expecting anyone to just "dump" their mom is asking too much.

Spur_Fanatic
05-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Would be for her own good.
Addicts can't think for themselves.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 12:07 PM
:rollin

... jeez. :depressed :( :(... 21 is just so confused and lost...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200712250LAL.html

Amare plays terrible defense on both guys. Idk how many times Duncan dominated him before he took it personally and started defending him, hopefully the process isn't as long for these two.

21_Blessings
05-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Don't worry about Ghazi DoK. He follows me everywhere now. It's like owning a little puppy :married: