PDA

View Full Version : Spurs window is closed

Dim Tuncan
05-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Yet Kobe and the Lakers are still tearing it up years after the rivalry ended :lmao

Sucks don't it faggots? :flag:

ace3g
05-19-2010, 11:12 PM
tell me who is the Laker's future after Kobe?

PGDynasty24
05-19-2010, 11:13 PM
tell me who is the Laker's future after Kobe?

Bro were the lakers by time Kobe is retired we will already have tyreke evans and john wall under contract. Dynasty:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

scanry
05-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Bro were the lakers by time Kobe is retired we will already have tyreke evans and john wall under contract. Dynasty:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

I think OJ Mayo will probably sign with the Lakers. Mayo is a Kobe Byrant Lite...

ace3g
05-19-2010, 11:16 PM
another question: When Kobe retires will you still be Laker fans? Guarantee a high percent of Laker/Kobe fans were previously MJ fans and just bandwagon over from Bulls Red to Lakers Purple and Gold

PGDynasty24
05-19-2010, 11:22 PM
another question: When Kobe retires will you still be Laker fans? Guarantee a high percent of Laker/Kobe fans were previously MJ fans and just bandwagon over from Bulls Red to Lakers Purple and Gold

Na I live in Orange County,CA. Always been a Laker fan. But before you guys were spurs fans,you brokeback mountain fags were fans of the local Outback Steak House.

ace3g
05-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Nope always been a Spurs fan, born and raised in SA. I just know a lot of fans that don't have a favorite team, they only have a favorite player and follow that player from team to team.

Dim Tuncan
05-19-2010, 11:24 PM

Bro when I was a young child in the late 80's i was indoctrinated into Laker fandom by my family, been with 'em thick and thin, from cedric ceballos and nick van exel to kobe and shaq to kobe and kwame to kobe and pau.

i am loyal to the team, not the players, the fact that we happen to have some of the all-time greats in our pantheon of heroes is just icing on the cake!

21_Blessings
05-19-2010, 11:30 PM
The Lakers closed the Spurs window in 2008. Shit been closed son.

xellos88330
05-19-2010, 11:31 PM
The Spurs didn't miss the playoffs and need Gasol for peanuts to keep getting there.

21_Blessings
05-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Instead the Spurs needed Dick for peanuts to get there. :lmao

poop
05-19-2010, 11:34 PM
its easy to be a Lakers fan. you know that your team will ALWAYS be 'good'.

the Spurs' window may be closed, but it was a great run knowing that we were one of the smallest market franchises, and had to build teams the old-fashioned way, and were so good were able to overcome all the bias and bullshit and win 4 titles.

a franchise like the Spurs winning 4 titles in 9 years is far bigger than a privileged team like the Lakers 'winning' any number of titles.

ace3g
05-19-2010, 11:36 PM
It would be nice if Duncan played in a league where post players benefited from league changed rules to allow less contact to increase scoring in the league, he would have more than 4 championships by now.

I wonder if any player has benefited from those rule changes to allow less contact on the perimeter and to increase scoring....oh wait they did and that player was Kobe, while Duncan gets hammered in the paint with no respect from the refs.

The Spurs have plenty of players developing overseas and/or young players already on their roster after the end of the big 3 reign. So no their window won't be closed for a while.

ace3g
05-19-2010, 11:41 PM
Instead the Spurs needed Dick for peanuts to get there. :lmao

Yeah because you can really compare Jefferson and Gasol as overall players in those trades.

The Lakers made that trade to add someone that could be their 2nd best player. The Spurs were added Jefferson at most to be the top 3 or 4 best player on the team.

There were no guarantees that Jefferson would be great, Gasol was an all star, talented Center who was acquired without losing any of the Lakers rotation players. Yes you traded Marc Gasol, but there is no guarantee he was going to be brought over if they didn't trade for Pau. So you got an immediate impact player.

poop
05-19-2010, 11:43 PM
ROFL them getting Gasol for free would have been like the spurs aquiring Dwayne Wade in '08 in exchange for ime udoka.

must be nice to be the NBA's most glamourous team...

midnightpulp
05-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Very good thread, Dim.

I can see it has become quite useful given all the responses it has generated. Good discussion has indeed ensued.

Take care.

ace3g
05-19-2010, 11:46 PM
it is also nice have an NBA commissioner who publicly says "If it were possible I'd have a LA / NY Final every year"

ginobili's bald spot
05-19-2010, 11:50 PM
The Spurs didn't miss the playoffs and need Gasol for peanuts to keep getting there.

Is there a banner for that you guys are gonna hang up?

Ghazi
05-19-2010, 11:53 PM
crucify em! tree of woe

ace3g
05-19-2010, 11:54 PM
well I thought it was something like that either way it is bad, a commissioner shouldn't say things like that. Yes we know that the league wants to make money and it would make sense to have high market teams in the finals every year but you don't openly say it

Kamala
05-20-2010, 12:10 AM
The Spurs made Kobe and the Laker squad cry like bitches with tears rolling down their tender cheeks on national television not vice versa. Lakers can say they beat the Spurs, closed the window, etc.

The Spurs made perhaps the all time greatest Laker sob like a baby. I can live with that.

monosylab1k
05-20-2010, 12:11 AM
lame

21_Blessings
05-20-2010, 12:46 AM
The Spurs made Kobe and the Laker squad cry like bitches with tears rolling down their tender cheeks on national television not vice versa. Lakers can say they beat the Spurs, closed the window, etc.

The Spurs made perhaps the all time greatest Laker sob like a baby. I can live with that.

Whatever. At the end day that team just tri-peated and the Lakers went right back to dynasty form 5 years later.

Spurs? Couldn't even defend 1 measly title. Sad. Pathetic. Lack of heart. And now completely irrelevant. :lol

ezau
05-20-2010, 01:28 AM
Some kid in HS right now.

wow

ezau
05-20-2010, 01:32 AM

Agreed.

TheMACHINE
05-20-2010, 01:35 AM

gratz on your "I made a Laker cry" banner.

Fpoonsie
05-20-2010, 02:04 AM

Thanks, but we actually refer to it as the "'2002-2003 NBA Champions" banner.

ezau
05-20-2010, 02:24 AM

Spurs won it all that year, brah

TheManFromAcme
05-20-2010, 07:17 AM
its easy to be a Lakers fan. you know that your team will ALWAYS be 'good'.

the Spurs' window may be closed, but it was a great run knowing that we were one of the smallest market franchises, and had to build teams the old-fashioned way, and were so good were able to overcome all the bias and bullshit and win 4 titles.

a franchise like the Spurs winning 4 titles in 9 years is far bigger than a privileged team like the Lakers 'winning' any number of titles.

I'll always give the Spurs that.:toast
No shame in your treams accomplishments. Many teams in this league wished they could at least smell a LOB. I've been in this town going on 2-1/2 years and one thing for sure, you guys love your Spurs no matter what.

The Spurs also have one of the top 3 coaches in the league in Pop.

4 in 9 years ain't to shabby at all. :tu

lefty
05-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Insecure bandwagon Laker fan thread

Spur_Fanatic
05-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Lakers were non-factors since 2003 till their recent championship.
Their window closed, but it opened again.

And the amount of Lakers fans here, and with the amount of crap they allowed to spout, is amazing. This forum rocks, you can virtually say whatever crosses your mind.

Guys, remember this is a Spurs forum. :D

bus driver
05-20-2010, 08:39 AM

these are called t-shirt fans. we have alot of them on ST.
if they werent t-shirt fans than i suspect that they would be on their own team forum.....

21_Blessings
05-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Guys, remember this is a Spurs forum. :D

Laker fans run the NBA forum. You'll learn soon enough.

Spur_Fanatic
05-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Not really as I can diss LA, the Lakers and Kobe as much as I want here. :D

mogrovejo
05-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Laker fans overpost in the NBA forum as long as their team is winning against nobodies but will disappear as soon as they play a real team and start struggling. You'll learn soon enough.

True.

TampaDude
05-20-2010, 09:19 AM
The Lakers closed the Spurs window in 2008. Shit been closed son.

The Lakers didn't close shit in 2008...the Celtics won it all that year. :lol

Quit Hatin'
05-20-2010, 09:53 AM
spurs only got 3 1/2 titles. 1999 half a season half a title faggots.

SomeCallMeTim
05-20-2010, 10:16 AM
these are called t-shirt fans. we have alot of them on ST.
if they werent t-shirt fans than i suspect that they would be on their own team forum.....

Bzzt.

T-shirt fans gravitate more to their own team forums where they can chat with people who agree that their team is God's favorite.

Basketball fans tend to gravitate to forums where dissenting opinions are likely to be found.

Ghazi
05-20-2010, 10:20 AM
True.

crucify em mogrovejo :tu :tu

ace3g
05-20-2010, 12:20 PM

The Lakers won five championships before relocating to Los Angeles *

Ditty
05-20-2010, 01:09 PM

dont be butthurt we swept yall in 1999 we played a playoffs right? the 2002 championship has a asterick by it anyways :lol