Gentry:

""I'm open to suggestions from anybody, anybody that can help us"

:lol:lol:lol

TheMACHINE
05-19-2010, 11:53 PM
more small ball! lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-19-2010, 11:54 PM
This series will be a learning experience for Gentry. He's been great at knowing when to nurture players, now he's beginning to realize that at times you need to yell and motivate a player.

monosylab1k
05-19-2010, 11:54 PM
lame

Giuseppe
05-20-2010, 12:12 AM
This series will be a learning experience for Gentry. He's been great at knowing when to nurture players, now he's beginning to realize that at times you need to yell and motivate a player.

I'll grant ya a DUNCAN after ^this^.

InRareForm
05-20-2010, 12:19 AM
thanks chris wallace

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Chris Wallace had nothing to do with this. Kwame Brown coulda had a 20 10 night with the defense Amare was playing.

TheMACHINE
05-20-2010, 12:38 AM
damn..those last 4 mins when Amare was on Gasol...i was actually feeling bad for amare. lol

21_Blessings
05-20-2010, 12:51 AM
:lmao @ the Chris Wallace reference

This is like rock bottom for Spurs fan. It can't get any worse for him them. Well maybe it could if the Lakers 3-peat and then 4-peat that ass during the upcoming lockout year :lol

Pelicans78
05-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Suns need to play Robin Lopez against Gasol. That's their only hope.

Jeremy
05-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Gentry is too stupid to play Lopez. He should have put him in for the 4th quarter, after the gimmicky "small ball" tied it up--instead he even gave Frye some more playing time in the 4th. At least he seems to be slowly understanding that he can't keep playing Frye when he's playing so horribly. But that just makes us even smaller if he refuses to play Lopez.

Lopez should be playing 40-48 minutes a night. He's a young dude. I mean Kobe still plays over 40 minutes a game in his old age, in the playoffs.

Gentry is still too much like D'Antoni.

lurker
05-20-2010, 01:35 AM
Lopez should be playing 40-48 minutes a nightYou want him playing more than 40 minutes when he's not 100% healthy? Robin is a talented kid, but he's no Kobe. :lol

4>0rings
05-20-2010, 01:36 AM
This is like rock bottom for Spurs fan. It can't get any worse for him them. Well maybe it could if the Lakers 3-peat and then 4-peat that ass during the upcoming lockout year :lolSpurfan already excepted not doing shit this year months ago. Last part of the season and beating the mavs raised eyebrows. The sweep by Phoenix made Spurfan just go back to realizing they are who we thought they were. It's really not that bad.

Jeremy
05-20-2010, 02:01 AM
You want him playing more than 40 minutes when he's not 100% healthy? Robin is a talented kid, but he's no Kobe. :lol

Yes, I would rather have a less-than-100% Lopez out there than Frye or "small ball."

Even when he can't jump, Lopez is still our best player on the court.

mojorizen7
05-20-2010, 03:50 AM
Bring JRich off the bench so he can go off......
Start either Dragic(to help Nash get shot's) or start Tissue Frye and try to focus on closing the rebounding gap.
I vote for starting Goran.This series is likely over but it's definately over if Gentry stands pat and just tinkers with zone's, double teams etc...

Give the LAKERS something....anything to have to react to.
Give more minutes to Rolo.

Thats all i got.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Gentry is too stupid to play Lopez. He should have put him in for the 4th quarter, after the gimmicky "small ball" tied it up--instead he even gave Frye some more playing time in the 4th. At least he seems to be slowly understanding that he can't keep playing Frye when he's playing so horribly. But that just makes us even smaller if he refuses to play Lopez.

Lopez should be playing 40-48 minutes a night. He's a young dude. I mean Kobe still plays over 40 minutes a game in his old age, in the playoffs.

Gentry is still too much like D'Antoni.

This roster forces Gentry to play small, lets not put this on him. I'm sure if he was provided with solid options at center he would be using them. This series makes it pretty clear the Suns are still several improvements away from contending, people (including myself) got way too high on this team heading into this series.

Killakobe81
05-20-2010, 09:00 AM
This roster forces Gentry to play small, lets not put this on him. I'm sure if he was provided with solid options at center he would be using them. This series makes it pretty clear the Suns are still several improvements away from contending, people (including myself) got way too high on this team heading into this series.

Great honest reaction ...
Series is NOT over ...
I expect Nash to kill us next game ...

However i doubt dudley goes 5 for 5 from 3 or Hill to score 23+ in games 3 & 4

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Yeah it's not like when D'antoni left Kurt Thomas sitting on the bench so Duncan could torch Phoenix in 2007, he literally has not one single good post defender on this team.

21_Blessings
05-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Gentry last night: "That's why Kobe is the best player in the world". :hat

SomeCallMeTim
05-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Yes, I would rather have a less-than-100% Lopez out there than Frye or "small ball."

Even when he can't jump, Lopez is still our best player on the court.

If this were true (and it's not), then the Suns would be DOA anyway.

Lopez best player? Tell me another one, Jeremy.

Giuseppe
05-20-2010, 10:26 AM
^Yeah, look what happened when J.J. Redick was the best Magic player the other nite. At one point in a 4th quarter time out he walked in a complete circle in front of the bench before Ewing went over, got him stopped and into a seat.

Howard & Carter actually turned white! I ain't seen that since Bernie Shaw for CNN did likewise when the Bush Bros. took Gore into the glades and left him in 2000.

pauls931
05-20-2010, 10:40 AM
My suggestions, trade Barbosa or Frye and a couple picks for Lebron James to help compliment Amare. Oh darn wait LBJ is a FA, scratch that.

pauls931
05-20-2010, 10:50 AM

I don't think people got too high. This team has played well, but no matter how well they played, we all knew they'd hit LA at some point. As long as Kobe and Gasol are together, this current Pho roster as is can't get past them. I am happy about a couple things though...

Dudley is delivering now.
Lopez is surpassing my expectations.

Both young players and part of the post Nash Suns hopefully. I just pray they can hang on to Amare. Dragic stays, so the future is still bright.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Glad to see not everyone is on the let Amare leave boat.

Darthkiller
05-20-2010, 11:22 AM
play lopez more, play earl clark, slow down the tempo. give jrich the ball more on offense.

da_suns_fan
05-20-2010, 11:23 AM
damn..those last 4 mins when Amare was on Gasol...i was actually feeling bad for amare. lol

I wasnt.

da_suns_fan
05-20-2010, 11:24 AM

I think he could have gone with Lopez instead of Amare in the fourth.

Amare was a bum all game.

Giuseppe
05-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Last time you held Amare out of a 4th quarter he went on a 3 month rampage.

lurker
05-20-2010, 11:29 AM
@paulthenshirley: Re: Amare.. One of my fave things to do whilst in PHX was laugh w/ then-asst A Gentry abt AS's confusion on defense.

I don't think Alvin is laughing now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 12:05 PM
I think he could have gone with Lopez instead of Amare in the fourth.

Amare was a bum all game.

I'm not gonna deny that that might have been the correct thing to do in retrospect, but I'm not gonna blame Gentry for not doing it. Amare is a captain on the team and was its leading scorer and rebounder (by a large margin) during the regular season. Coaches have to trust their best players and their veteran players more so now than ever. If Gentry can't trust Amare hold himself accountable and step up and instead has to treat him like Phil Jackson treats Andrew Bynum, it's not a coaching a problem, it's a "You can't build around this group of players" problem.

Giuseppe
05-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Duncan, yesterday you said Gentry has to quit being their buddy and start laying down the law and hold them accountable. This morning you're contradicting yourself.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 01:57 PM
I think there are certain ways to do that, but at this point he can't suddenly change his coaching philosophy. I was by no means saying he should be Amare's buddy, all I'm saying is that if a team is gonna go the distance the coach better trust his best players. If in the finals Kobe or Gasol is playing so bad that Phil needs to consider benching them, LA is gonna lose regardless. There's nothing Gentry could have done about the way Amare has played so far this series, he's been playing good D since the AS break and for whatever reason has reverted back to 2009 Amare.

When I say more accountability I was referring more to guys like Barbosa, Frye and Dragic who's confidence has gotten away from them because Gentry has told them too many times he doesn't care if they miss shots. Now that they're confident enough to take terrible shots it's time to stop them from taking terrible shots.

Mori Chu
05-21-2010, 12:28 AM
I just pray they can hang on to Amare.

Uh ... why? Did your cable service give out right after the Spurs series or something?

pauls931
05-21-2010, 07:14 AM
I think there are certain ways to do that, but at this point he can't suddenly change his coaching philosophy. I was by no means saying he should be Amare's buddy, all I'm saying is that if a team is gonna go the distance the coach better trust his best players. If in the finals Kobe or Gasol is playing so bad that Phil needs to consider benching them, LA is gonna lose regardless. There's nothing Gentry could have done about the way Amare has played so far this series, he's been playing good D since the AS break and for whatever reason has reverted back to 2009 Amare.

When I say more accountability I was referring more to guys like Barbosa, Frye and Dragic who's confidence has gotten away from them because Gentry has told them too many times he doesn't care if they miss shots. Now that they're confident enough to take terrible shots it's time to stop them from taking terrible shots.

I have no problem with this, I don't see Frye taking terrible shots, I see him passing up more good shots than taking bad shots which I think is worse.

easy7
05-21-2010, 07:19 AM
Tell Amare that if he gets owned it has nothing to do with luck...

pauls931
05-21-2010, 07:26 AM
Tell Amare that if he gets owned it has nothing to do with luck...

Hard to tell who's more unlucky, Amare or the Spurs.

Giuseppe
05-21-2010, 10:11 AM
:lol Paul, finding Tom Barkley's balls between his legs.^

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-21-2010, 10:12 AM
After watching the interview with Amare's mom, I'm less pissed at his terrible defense and more impressed that Amare isn't mentally retarded.

Giuseppe
05-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Just proves Adam Smith's assertion that money is nary a motivator.

Muser
05-21-2010, 10:37 AM

C'mon paul, you know that Dallas are the most unlucky out of everyone.

Agloco
05-21-2010, 12:22 PM
:lmao @ the Chris Wallace reference

This is like rock bottom for Spurs fan. It can't get any worse for him them. Well maybe it could if the Lakers 3-peat and then 4-peat that ass during the upcoming lockout year :lol

As if any knowledgeable Spurfan had NBA title aspirations this year......

Our championship was won 4-2 in the first round. :lobt2:

Giuseppe
05-21-2010, 12:26 PM
As if any knowledgeable Spurfan had NBA title aspirations this year

Horseshit! Until Manu broke his snout you guys were loading up, playing ring type basketball.

And you know it, so don't play coy. Just take your medicine and soldier.

easy7
05-21-2010, 12:37 PM

Well, I guess if Amare has won anything worthy of mentioning here and can back up his bullshit then he is the lucky bastard. I don't see how talking shit and getting owned is being lucky. The Spurs are on vacation and enjoying life so you tell me. :hat

pauls931
05-21-2010, 02:10 PM
C'mon paul, you know that Dallas are the most unlucky out of everyone.

I passed on picking on them because I thought they were disbanded.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-21-2010, 02:24 PM
One suggestion I have for Gentry that really pisses me off is to recognize how much Barbosa's presence on the court is hurting the 2nd unit. Through the 1st two games, Farmar and Brown have averaged a combine 19 points on 62% shooting. In the regular season they averaged a combined 15 or so points on 43% shooting. When Barbosa was injured, the 2nd unit's perimeter defense was locking team's down. Phoenix is having enough problems defending LA's top 5 players (Kobe, Artest, Odom, Gasol, Bynum), Gentry is compounding the problem a lot more by leaving Barbosa out there to make sure LA can get production out of their 7th and 8th man.

TheNextGen
05-21-2010, 02:27 PM
They should just start Nash, Dudley, Hill, Richardson and Amare. That sombination seemed to work.

Agloco
05-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Horseshit! Until Manu broke his snout you guys were loading up, playing ring type basketball.

Orly?

Methinks you're saying this simply to validate your own title aspirations. Carry on then.

silverblk mystix
05-21-2010, 06:55 PM
have the lakers wears---spurs---jerseys

that should do it

mingus
05-21-2010, 07:12 PM

"you guys" applies to the unrealistic Spurfan who thought that one good game 2 by RJ in the Dallas series, and a couple of good games by George Hill and Parker all of a sudden canceled out the season long dissapointment that was the Spurs. people kept saying the Spurs "clicked" after that series, but that was nonsense. i never bought it. i never considered them on the Lakers' level. granted, i thought they'd beat the Suns, but they couldn't even do that.

Jeremy
05-24-2010, 12:04 AM
If this were true (and it's not), then the Suns would be DOA anyway.

Lopez best player? Tell me another one, Jeremy.

Well, he had the best +/- of anyone on the court tonight (a +19!). He finally gets some good minutes and we finally win a game. And 20 points to top it all off.

Giuseppe
05-24-2010, 12:09 AM
You're still O & 41, so just calm the fuck down, dipshit.

ace3g
05-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Suns/Gentry better stick with Lopez the rest of the series, Frye has no confidence

Giuseppe
05-24-2010, 12:35 AM
...though Frye did turn your asses into a raging inferno.

tee, hee.

ace3g
05-24-2010, 12:47 AM
yeah he did, he is the reason why the Spurs lost, but we are talking about the Suns/Lakers series. And by the sound of your response you are starting to get scared, and hoping Frye gets more playing time then Lopez.

Lopez helps in rebounding and defense, everything Frye is useful for he has lost as his confidence went down the drain

Giuseppe
05-24-2010, 12:54 AM
yeah he did, he is the reason why the Spurs lost, but we are talking about the Suns/Lakers series. And by the sound of your response you are starting to get scared, and hoping Frye gets more playing time then Lopez.

Lopez helps in rebounding and defense, everything Frye is useful for he has lost as his confidence went down the drain

Duder, I'm always scared till it's over.

I'm just grateful Amare quit in 1 & 2.

kromediablo
05-24-2010, 02:31 AM
definitely play lopez more and stay with the zone. suns could have won game 2...if gentry put lopez in the 3rd quarter right before the lakers made that run to blow it wide open...it seemed all passes were uptop over the suns heads....game 3 you didn't see much of that.