PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Bowe: Dumbass of the NFL

GuerillaBlack
05-20-2010, 12:22 AM
ESPN The Magazine has a feature called "Postcards from the Edge." In it, pro athletes provide anecdotes regarding their lives.

In the latest issue, which hits newsstands Friday, Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe possibly says too much.

"My rookie year, we were playing in San Diego," Bowe says. "You hear stories about groupies hanging out in hotel lobbies, but some of my teammates had it set up so there was a girl in every room. The older guys get on MySpace and Facebook a week before we go to a city; when a pretty one writes back, they arrange to fly her in three or four days in advance. They call it importing."

(The federal government possibly would call it something else.)

"Younger guys don't have the money to do it," Bowe added. "Anyway, these girls had the whole top floor. They know everything about us -- first and last names, sisters and brothers, salary. This one girl was talking to me like she'd known me for years. 'Hey, D-Bowe, how's Grandma?' I'm like, 'How do you know my grandma?' She knew that I talk about her every time I'm interviewed for a story.

"I told her I had a girlfriend, but she didn't care. She was wearing my jersey, sitting in my lap, making it look like we knew each other. Then she took a picture and put it on Facebook. That almost got me in trouble."

Bowe may have avoided trouble that time. But we've got a feeling that trouble will be finding him now.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/19/dwayne-bowe-lets-a-rather-large-cat-out-of-the-bag/

bigdog
05-20-2010, 04:34 AM
Wow, what an idiot. No wonder that team can't win. Not focused.

symple19
05-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Groupies are awesome

Dr. Gonzo
05-20-2010, 08:58 AM
At least he hasn't tested positive for a banned substance that has direct links to steroid use.

lol

Blake
05-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Ive got a feeling that the Attorney General's office will be sending him letters of congratulation very soon regarding the birth of his new kid(s)

Duff McCartney
05-20-2010, 03:23 PM
All I know is that GuerrillaBlack has the best avatar out of anyone. Alicia Keys is my future wife. Probably one of the top 4-5 celebrities I am hugely attracted too.

LnGrrrR
05-20-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't see what's so illegal about what he did, assuming the girls are of age. So he flew chicks out to have sex with him... is that illegal?

Blake
05-20-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't see what's so illegal about what he did, assuming the girls are of age. So he flew chicks out to have sex with him... is that illegal?

some kind of prostitution I would suppose?

LnGrrrR
05-20-2010, 06:50 PM
some kind of prostitution I would suppose?

Unless it's directly money=sex, then I don't see how it's illegal. *shrug*

Pistons < Spurs
05-20-2010, 09:24 PM

HE didn't bring in girls ... he saying other veterans on the team would bring in the girls.

Probably stupid to speak publicly about it ... I'm sure some teamates (although with all the changes Pioli has made to the roster, there's probably very few players remaining from his rookie year), and players in the league in general, aren't happy about him going public with this. I'm sure there's plenty of wives/girlfriends are asking some awkward questions...

But really, everyone already knows this is what life is like for pro athletes.

Blake
05-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Unless it's directly money=sex, then I don't see how it's illegal. *shrug*

off hand I really don't either. It would have been nice if the article would have explained why they mentioned the federalis.

760Spursfan
05-21-2010, 02:36 PM
But really, everyone already knows this is what life is like for pro athletes.

Exactly, any woman that marries some sort of celebrity should know that it is happening or is bound to happen.

760Spursfan
05-21-2010, 02:46 PM
All I know is that GuerrillaBlack has the best avatar out of anyone. Alicia Keys is my future wife. Probably one of the top 4-5 celebrities I am hugely attracted too.

She does have a gorgeous face and is hot from the waist up but she is a little too bottom heavy IMO. its like she has tree trunks for legs and the cankles don't help either.

http://www.welikefashion.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/alicia-keys-fit-grey-dress-the-late-show.jpg
http://cdn.complex.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/alicia-keys-mtv-vma.jpg

NewJerSpur
05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
She does have a gorgeous face and is hot from the waist up but she is a little too bottom heavy IMO. its like she has tree trunks for legs and the cankles don't help either.

Depends on your preference:

Nice calf action + thick but not overly robust in the thigh area = :tu for myself.

The interesting thing in what Bowe stated was that he said all this happened in his rookie year.....so what of the last two? Does Pioli address any of this moving forward or just keep it moving?

Pistons < Spurs
05-22-2010, 08:52 PM
The interesting thing in what Bowe stated was that he said all this happened in his rookie year.....so what of the last two? Does Pioli address any of this moving forward or just keep it moving?

Everyone has denied the story ... naturally!:rolleyes From current players to past players and coaches. They commented that the security was far too strict for something to be going on, Herm mentioned he used to do room checks and never saw anything of the sort.

Supposedly Haley has already talked to Bowe, and team captain Brian Waters has said that vets like himself would pull him aside and talk to him.

I'm pretty sure they'll just sweep it all under the carpet and ignore it from here on out.

NewJerSpur
05-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Everyone has denied the story ... naturally!:rolleyes From current players to past players and coaches. They commented that the security was far too strict for something to be going on, Herm mentioned he used to do room checks and never saw anything of the sort.

Supposedly Haley has already talked to Bowe, and team captain Brian Waters has said that vets like himself would pull him aside and talk to him.

I'm pretty sure they'll just sweep it all under the carpet and ignore it from here on out.

I guess that's the best way to get passed it.....too bad this season of Hard Knox can't feature the Chiefs again, I'm sure the cameras would work to get more "interesting" footage if you know what I mean. :lol

BRHornet45
05-23-2010, 01:49 AM
sons if anyone should be punished its these trifling ass nappy headed hoes who sell their pussy simply because you're a professional athlete. more power to all the athletes who take advantage of these whores. when they say they "pay for it", that is simply just chump change to them, most of the time only a few hundred. white females are the absolute worst when it comes to this.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-23-2010, 10:00 AM
sons if anyone should be punished its these trifling ass nappy headed hoes who sell their pussy simply because you're a professional athlete. more power to all the athletes who take advantage of these whores. when they say they "pay for it", that is simply just chump change to them, most of the time only a few hundred. white females are the absolute worst when it comes to this.

:lol like some of them even charge. Plenty of white women get a train run on their pussy by big black athletes and take it as a badge of honor to tell all their friends about.

jag
05-23-2010, 05:16 PM
:lol like some of them even charge. Plenty of white women get a train run on their pussy by big black athletes and take it as a badge of honor to tell all their friends about.

:lmao So sad and so true.

Good luck finding a white guy to talk to you in public after a college football team has run a train on you and your friends.

Pistons < Spurs
05-24-2010, 03:48 PM

The Chiefs were mum on Bowe's lurid story on Monday, with coach Todd Haley calling it an "internal matter" and players throughout the locker room repeating "no comment" at every turn.

Blake
05-24-2010, 04:01 PM

or to get pregnant in the hopes of getting a $5-10k+ child support check every month.