PDA

View Full Version : Argentina 2010 FIBA World Championship Roster

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-20-2010, 02:08 AM
They announced the 16 man prelim roster and based on that the final roster will be this

PG Pablo Prigioni/Juan Fernandez
SG Carlos Delfino/Pancho Jasen/Paolo Quinteros
SF Andres Nocioni/Frederico Kammerichs
PF Luis Scola/Leonardo Gutierrez
C Fabricio Oberto/Roman Gonzalez/Juan Gutierrez

This is very strong and good roster. They have chance to challenge for semifinal but a medal is a little too much for them I think. Still any team with Prigioni, Juan Fernandez, Quinteros, Delfino, Jasen, Nocioni, Kammerichs, Scola, and Oberto is very strong.

Chance for them to compete for bronze medal I think depends on how good Jasen plays. He is very capable player so if he plays very well in replace Manu then they have a shot maybe at a medal.

DAF86
05-20-2010, 02:19 AM
The absence of Manu prevents Argentina from going for his last chance at gold in a long, long time.

Bukefal
05-20-2010, 04:49 AM
I don't they think they'll do anything of significance this time.

DAF86
05-20-2010, 05:17 AM
Sergio Hernández: "With Manu it would have been tough getting to the semifinals, without him it will be a lot more difficult, 'cause we'll be missing the best FIBA player in the world"

http://www.diarioelatlantico.com/diario/2010/04/23/11152-es-el-mejor-jugador-del-mundo-fiba.html

ezau
05-20-2010, 05:32 AM
They announced the 16 man prelim roster and based on that the final roster will be this

PG Pablo Prigioni/Juan Fernandez/Paolo Quinteros
SG Carlos Delfino/Pancho Jasen/Matias Sandes
SF Andres Nocioni/Frederico Kammerichs
PF Luis Scola/Leonardo Gutierrez
C Fabricio Oberto/Roman Gonzalez/Juan Gutierrez

This is very strong and good roster. They have chance to challenge for semifinal but a medal is a little too much for them I think. Still any team with Prigioni, Juan Fernandez, Quinteros, Delfino, Jasen, Nocioni, Kammerichs, Scola, and Oberto is very strong.

Chance for them to compete for bronze medal I think depends on how good Jasen plays. He is very capable player so if he plays very well in replace Manu then they have a shot maybe at a medal.

I'm surprised Hermann isn't there. Still, that team packs more than 10 years of international experience.

DAF86
05-20-2010, 05:54 AM
I'm surprised Hermann isn't there. Still, that team packs more than 10 years of international experience.

He retired from the NT some years ago.

ezau
05-20-2010, 05:59 AM
He retired from the NT some years ago.

whoa, I didn't know that. I still think that Argentina is a dark horse to win the championship this year.

urunobili
05-20-2010, 07:38 AM
:depressed

I am surprised Sandes gets the nod... where is Nocedal? already busted?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-21-2010, 04:24 AM
whoa, I didn't know that. I still think that Argentina is a dark horse to win the championship this year.

The team they have is good enough to finish 4th. Can't beat US, Greece, Spain.