PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought...

xellos88330
05-20-2010, 02:54 AM
I was wondering why should the Spurs try to do something to match up with the Lakers?

Instead of this, why don't we think about what the Spurs can do to make the Lakers have to match up with the Spurs?

Discuss... :wakeup

blkroadrunners
05-20-2010, 02:58 AM
?????

Supreme_Being
05-20-2010, 03:01 AM
He stole Pop's brain.

spursfaninla
05-20-2010, 03:02 AM
brilliant!

Why didn't we think of this before? The whole league has been sleeping on this.

Bunch of pussy scared bitches, trying to match up to the lakers. They should have been playing small ball the whole time.

Wait, Phx tried this, and got pounded. Maybe this wont work after all....

xellos88330
05-20-2010, 03:49 AM
I think the Spurs need to get faster. Quick decision making and some footspeed at every position.

Quick decision making is important because the ball will move faster around the court to keep the opponents D off balance and have to work to rotate. On the defensive end there were too many times vs. Phoenix the Spurs hesitated to move because the big helping in the pick and roll wasn't sure of what he should do, thus bogging down rotations.

Footspeed will work wonders for defense. Makes passing more difficult for opponents due to passing lanes being cut off quickly and takes away easy scores if you can just stay in front of your man. It was painful watching the Spurs unable to move their feet against PHX. This also means quicker cuts to the basket and naturally more open court opportunities.

Just because I say these things, doesn't mean small ball. Most of the Spurs championship teams had great footspeed.

DAF86
05-20-2010, 04:24 AM
Jerrells, Temple, Mason, Bogans and Gee

They will never know what hit them. :hat

xellos88330
05-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Jerrells, Temple, Mason, Bogans and Gee

They will never know what hit them. :hat

:lmao

SpurCharger
05-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Timmy Is only A piece Now..... We Need To get Younger and More Athletic With our Bigs.... Duncan Is No Longer Athletic..... Dyess Is Ok, but still Up there In Age.... Bonner Is Just Flat Out Awful.... Blair seems to quick Enough to stay In Front of The athletic Bigs, but he Is to Short..... The Spurs Need Guys 6'11 or taller with Some Athletic Abilty. That Is What The NBA Has Become now.... There are Not to Many traditional Big men out there anymore. Until the Spurs Get More Athletic Up front teams will continue to Exploit that Weakness.

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2010, 10:21 AM
danny granger i like what he has to offer in terms of size on the court and scoring, whats his defense like? he reminds me of those long 3 scoring machines who can ball at will

8FOR!3
05-20-2010, 10:40 AM
This guy is right, it's time to trade Tim Duncan to Orlando for Matt Barnes. We'd match up much better with the Lakers!!!11

Parker2112
05-20-2010, 10:54 AM
If only there was a Jared Dudley available...