PDA

View Full Version : Spurs would match up better against Lakers.........IMHO

lebomb
05-20-2010, 08:33 AM
No the Spurs would not have won the series against the Fake show, but we would have matched up better in my opinion. The Spurs would have slowed the game down more than the Suns are trying to do. I could see the Spurs losing in 6, not 4 like the Suns are about to do. What are yalls thoughts?

lefty
05-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Someone close this thread before the Laker trolls post anything here

Blake
05-20-2010, 08:57 AM
No the Spurs would not have won the series against the Fake show, but we would have matched up better in my opinion. The Spurs would have slowed the game down more than the Suns are trying to do. I could see the Spurs losing in 6, not 4 like the Suns are about to do. What are yalls thoughts?

great thread. :tu

the chances of it ending well for you are about the same as the Spurs chances of winning 2 games against the Lakers in a series.

BadOne
05-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Sorry bro, but the season is over. Does us know good to talk about what ifs. :wakeup

spizzle_tronk
05-20-2010, 09:08 AM
:rollin

Oh, Gee!!
05-20-2010, 09:12 AM
no, they wouldn't. stop the mental fapping, and face reality.

Sportcamper
05-20-2010, 09:29 AM
The obvious difference are the bigs…Duncan plays defense & dose not give the opposition extra motivation…Everyone knows that Lamar Odom can be a bit “spacey”…Having Amare tweak Lamar in the press was a gift for the Lakers…:lol

romain.star
05-20-2010, 09:38 AM
kind of like these what ifs after the boys got swept by the loosing suns

nkdlunch
05-20-2010, 09:45 AM
of course they would. Only because the Suns laid down and died at 1st quarter of game 1 of this series.

lebomb
05-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Im fielding this question because this is what was said on ESPN radio this morning. I tend to agree. *shrugs*

lefty
05-20-2010, 10:01 AM
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/gifsforgrace/Entourage-GTFO.gif

http://funkyfreshprince.skyblog.com/pics/527392450.gif

SpurCharger
05-20-2010, 10:02 AM
The Spurs Probably would have matched up Better.... but we Obviously dont Match Up well With PHX....0-4..... So lets not talk about the What Ifs, And what Could have Happened.... Season Over, Move on.

JonNOKC
05-20-2010, 10:17 AM
I think it is a fairly easy argument to make - basketball is a game of matchups - it is much harder to scheme away mismatches in bball than most other sports - I think that what was made 2006 so tough to take (for me more so than losing to Dallas or the nature of that series) is I truly believe the Spurs would have beat the Heat (matchup much better than Dallas inside and With Bowen still able to be elite defender).

So yeah Spurs would of played Lakers tougher - still would of lost series - but thats the way it goes

Muser
05-20-2010, 11:40 AM
No, the Spurs would of been fucked. Duncan can't defend both Gasol + Bynum. Jefferson would turn into an even bigger pussy against Artest and Kobe would bitch slap Hill.

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2010, 01:21 PM
suns layin an egg

DesignatedT
05-20-2010, 01:40 PM
lakers were glad to see phoenix beat the spurs. spurs wouldnt have beat the lakers or anything but kobe and co. doesn't even look like they're trying out there. having way to much fun. suns are done.

Spurologist
05-20-2010, 01:41 PM

Is this you????

http://www.marcofolio.net/images/stories/fun/imagedump/demotivational_posters/reality.jpg

Cane
05-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Not even Matt Bonner would be as bad as Amar'e has been on defense. ;)

Shame that Ginobili's nose broke.

BadOdor
05-20-2010, 02:24 PM
I guarantee you the suns will get at least as many games as the spurs did against them.

Sisk
05-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Match up? Sure. But it'd be the lakers in 5 I think.

LakeShow
05-20-2010, 03:14 PM
The Lakers still would have won but I would have preferred the Spurs. The suns are too soft, at this rate the Lakers will lose home court advantage against the Celtics. They'll be knocked around thinking they can go to the basket untouched, like they are against the suns. :bang

dbestpro
05-20-2010, 03:18 PM
The Lakers still would have won but I would have preferred the Spurs. The suns are too soft, at this rate the Lakers will lose home court advantage against the Celtics. They'll be knocked around thinking they can go to the basket untouched, like they are against the suns. :bang

Good point. The soft play Orlando faced has really hurt them in their preparation for Boston.

LakeShow
05-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Good point. The soft play Orlando faced has really hurt them in their preparation for Boston.

Exactly, by time Orlando adjusts, it will be too late. I can see the Lakers losing game 1 and home court will be very important in the finals.

Amarelooms
05-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Mavs would be a better matchup

:elephant

Chubby_Love
05-20-2010, 07:42 PM
You mean the same Bynum who is only averaging 8.5 points and a whooping 5.5 rebounds against the worst defender of all time Amare?

The Spurs would still lose but it wouldn't be because of Bynum.
Ginobili, and Parker would have been the x-factors in that series, along with Hill, and Blair. Duncan could only do so much because by the time they would have gotten to the WCF's...He would have been out of gas. Jefferson would just have been a total waste of time putting on the floor. Mason would have had more of an affect on this series if it would have ever happen against The Lakers! :flag:

Chubby_Love
05-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Mavs would be a better matchup

:elephant LOL! Just like You were suppose to be a great Matchup against The Spurs! You would have been doing just as bad as The Suns are doing right now.

Amarelooms
05-20-2010, 08:02 PM
LOL! Just like You were suppose to be a great Matchup against The Spurs! You would have been doing just as bad as The Suns are doing right now.

Sweep?

Chubby_Love
05-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Sweep?

Mavs 2010 Champions? LOL! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Allanon
05-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Mavs, Blazers and Nuggets matched up best in the West against the Lakers. But they matched up poorly with their 1st round opponent.

Suns, Jazz, Spurs match up better with the Celtics/Magic than they ever did with the Lakers. I don't doubt that those 3 teams could have beaten Boston or Orlando.

This year was all about matchups. Lakers matched up poorly against the Cavs but match up very well against the Celtics.

ShoogarBear
05-20-2010, 11:58 PM
The Spurs would have had a shot against the Lakers in the first round, probably the best shot of anyone in the West.

Once the Lakers got out of the first round, though, the Conference was done.

ILUVSA
05-21-2010, 12:00 AM
:flag:
The Spurs would have had a shot against the Lakers in the first round, probably the best shot of anyone in the West.

I agree!

ILUVSA
05-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Mavs 2010 Champions? LOL! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

:bangYep a sweep for sure!!

dav4463
05-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Suns had an out of body three point shooting experience for four games against the Spurs. They have since come back to earth.

LakerLanny
05-21-2010, 01:57 AM
Exactly, by time Orlando adjusts, it will be too late. I can see the Lakers losing game 1 and home court will be very important in the finals.

See if you can locate your balls.

The Lakers are 27-3 in the last three years at Staples during the playoffs.

15 of the 27 have been by double digits.

Lakers over Celtics in 6, maybe 5.

Srupsog
05-21-2010, 02:09 AM
Spurs would probably be a better match-up, but they probably still go down in 4 or 5 games because Bonner

21_Blessings
05-21-2010, 03:21 AM
While it's true the Spurs do match up better with the Lakers the series in question would not have lasted any longer than 4 games. So it's moot.

UV Ray
05-21-2010, 04:15 AM
While it's true the Spurs do match up better with the Lakers the series in question would not have lasted any longer than 4 games. So it's moot.

Do you really believe that?

Capt Bringdown
05-21-2010, 05:03 AM
Spurs don't match up well with anyone anymore, and if the Mavs had a proper coach, we would have been summarily dismissed instead of pulling off an improbable 1st round win.

The Duncan run is over, it's time to look to the future and rebuild.

21_Blessings
05-21-2010, 05:38 AM
Do you really believe that?

As much as I believed the Lakers could sweep Utah.

UV Ray
05-21-2010, 05:46 AM

As much as I believed the Lakers could sweep Utah.
At least you are honest.

Muser
05-21-2010, 06:12 AM
You mean the same Bynum who is only averaging 8.5 points and a whooping 5.5 rebounds against the worst defender of all time Amare?

The Spurs would still lose but it wouldn't be because of Bynum.

He still beats anyone the Spurs could throw at him.

LakeShow
05-21-2010, 11:00 AM
See if you can locate your balls.

The Lakers are 27-3 in the last three years at Staples during the playoffs.

15 of the 27 have been by double digits.

Lakers over Celtics in 6, maybe 5.

I assure you that Lakeshow has no trouble locating his balls.

Those stats you threw out there are meaningless. Do you realize that one of those losses was to the Celtics in 2008?

Playing a soft team is a concern LakerFanny. I have no doubts that the lakers can and will adjust but it may not be the first game. I have confidence that the lakers will win the series. If they were matched up against a tougher opponent, I might agree with you that they win in 5 or 6 games. The way things stand now, I like the Lakers in 7.

Dok posted a thread last night that addresses my concerns that I posted yesterday afternoon. Check it out.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154850

BadMotorscooter
05-21-2010, 05:51 PM
No way. Why do people want to think about matchups when their team is out? The Suns schooled us...and now you want to think we would match up with the Lakers better? LOL. Its over. We lost. The Suns whipped our ass. Quit trying to find comfort in thinking we woulodm give the Lakers a better challenge.

Chillen
05-22-2010, 12:12 AM
They got swept by Phoenix, look what the Lakers are doing to the Suns. Same result either way, the Spurs now have to focus on trying to get Duncan an athletic bigman like Chris Bosh, which probably won't happen but if the Spurs had a Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum with Tim Duncan they would be a much,much better team. They also have to get bigger and better rebounders which despite Blair and McDyess at time Jefferson couldn't cut it. They still could make another run but not without help for Duncan.

rascal
05-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Now you have turned to imaginary win scenarios against the lakers.

florige
05-22-2010, 11:15 AM

I am so glad that Boston is beating the crap out of that overrated Orlando team. The only reason they barely beat them last year was because of Garnett. I don't think Boston will sweep though since it seems every series their star players are always due for a 4-36 shooting night or something ridiculous.

rascal
05-22-2010, 11:45 AM

No way. The spurs were not beating the lakers in any round. Until the spurs get some real help on the frontline and push Bonner deep to nothing more than a few minutes a game role player and push McDyess to the 4th or 5th best big they don't stand a chance against the current lakers.