PDA

View Full Version : Gasol is overrated....

da_suns_fan
05-20-2010, 11:20 AM
I could have scored 30 points with Amare guarding me. How hard is it to make layups?

Now Jared Dudley, on the other hand, is a fucking stud.

monoslyab1k
05-20-2010, 11:33 AM
lame

Muser
05-20-2010, 11:34 AM
ok

The Gemini Method
05-20-2010, 11:39 AM
lame

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Before people interpret this as talking shit, all DSF is saying is that people shouldn't be acting like Gasol had a performance for the ages.

RsxPiimp
05-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Pau is overrated by non Laker fans and is severely underrated by some Laker fans.

D-Wade #3
05-20-2010, 11:46 AM
So Amare still getting that max contract?

mavsfan1000
05-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Amare has been a bum this series. Gasol is badly outplaying him. It's sad to see.

Muser
05-20-2010, 11:48 AM
So is Amare.

stretch
05-20-2010, 12:08 PM
lame

Brazil
05-20-2010, 12:18 PM
the lame stuff is annoying

lefty
05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Gasol is a soft ass pussy, a vocal flopper...

But he is not overrated; very skilled and smart

Killakobe81
05-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Dudley and stud should never be put in the same sentence Unless you talking about diamond earrings, or drywall ...

Dudley is a poor man's Trevor Ariza (of last year) good role player love his heart and energy but dont overrate him ...

Gasol eviscerated Amare who is gonna get more $ than him ...
and some argued was the best player inthe league after the all-star break.

Amare has ALL WORLD of talent ...BUT

is soft on defense, none too bright and wrote checks with his mouth his body couldnt cash ...

da_suns_fan
05-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Dudley and stud should never be put in the same sentence Unless you talking about diamond earrings, or drywall ...

Dudley is a poor man's Trevor Ariza (of last year) good role player love his heart and energy but dont overrate him ...

Gasol eviscerated Amare who is gonna get more $ than him ...
and some argued was the best player inthe league after the all-star break.

Amare has ALL WORLD of talent ...BUT

is soft on defense, none too bright and wrote checks with his mouth his body couldnt cash ...

:lol

Thats so incredibly stupid on multiple levels. The dont play anything like each other, have completely different roles etc. Im not sure how one could be a "poor mans" version of the other.

Youre a moron. I dont think you understand what "poor man's version" means.

da_suns_fan
05-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Amare has been a bum this series. Gasol is badly outplaying him. It's sad to see.

Yep.

Killakobe81
05-20-2010, 02:08 PM
:lol

Thats so incredibly stupid on multiple levels. The dont play anything like each other, have completely different roles etc. Im not sure how one could be a "poor mans" version of the other.

Youre a moron. I dont think you understand what "poor man's version" means.

Hey dont lash out at me beacuse your all butthurt over the ass whuppin last night. Let me explain for a "genius" like yourself.

Role player - Noun. One who assumes or acts out a particular role. One who engages in role-playing. Sports . A team athlete who plays mainly in specific situations.

Stud - Adj. basically a badass... this person is really cool. Everyone looks up to them and wants to get with them. In sports a star player, The Broncos drafted a STUD linebacker.

Ariza = Role player: Played great defense hit timely 3 pointers Filling filled 1 specific ROLE on offense and defense ...

Dudley = Ariza

1. Neither are stars
2. BOTH have had their moments in the WCF
3. BOTH had their moments but were left open BECAUSE the defenses were focusing elsewhere ...
4. What is so freaking hard to grasp Dasuns fan?!

Rox overpaid for the Lakers "stud" last year I hope the suns do the same ...

Who is the moron?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Killa he was saying there aren't similar at all. Dudley is all fundamentals and bball IQ, Ariza is all athleticism and physical talent. They are both role players but neither one can be a poor man's version of the other.

Killakobe81
05-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Killa he was saying there aren't similar at all. Dudley is all fundamentals and bball IQ, Ariza is all athleticism and physical talent. They are both role players but neither one can be a poor man's version of the other.

i get that part ...but say that ...

Both are role player both getting wide open looks ...yes Ariza is a better athlete but Dudley was coached well in a great system in college

Neither one are "studs" which is what prompted my original post ...

Maybe "Poor man's " was not a perfect fit ...but i stand behind it. Put ariza in A suns uniform he could of gave you the same output with better athleticism, similar defense and hustle ...

Im not saying Ariza is way better than dudley but Ariza has more potential ...at least he was considered to by the Rox and many Spur fans who begged for him as a FA ...

I LIKE Dudley I just dont think he is more than a 5th starter or 6th man on a championship level team is all ...I would love him on the Lakers as 6th man Ariza was able to start for us ...

In fact we will trade you UofA Legend Walton (& Sasha) for dudley right now!

monosylab1k
05-20-2010, 02:21 PM
the lame stuff is annoying

lame

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-20-2010, 02:23 PM
You're taking DSF's label of Dudley as a stud to literally. I don't think he meant Dudley was anything more than a role player, it's more the fact he's appreciating Dudley stepping his game up yesterday when little to no one else on the team seemed to give a shit. If everyone else on the Suns decided to play with the determination and heart Dudley played with last night (coughAmarecough) Phoenix has a good chance to win.

Killakobe81
05-20-2010, 02:29 PM
You're taking DSF's label of Dudley as a stud to literally. I don't think he meant Dudley was anything more than a role player, it's more the fact he's appreciating Dudley stepping his game up yesterday when little to no one else on the team seemed to give a shit. If everyone else on the Suns decided to play with the determination and heart Dudley played with last night (coughAmarecough) Phoenix has a good chance to win.

and i appreciate that ...he called me a moron etc. and questioned my understanding of basketball terminology.

You are probaby right here ...
i did maybe take it to literal ...
but explain yourself if that is the case. Dont resort to name calling ...

It's all good ...

BadOdor
05-20-2010, 02:34 PM
and i appreciate that ...he called me a moron etc. and questioned my understanding of basketball terminology.

You are probaby right here ...
i did maybe take it to literal ...
but explain yourself if that is the case. Dont resort to name calling ...

It's all good ...

You are a moron, faggot. Dudley and Ariza are nothing alike. Go learn what the term "poor man's' means.

redzero
05-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Okay, looks like there needs to be a Gasol sticky, too.

Killakobe81
05-20-2010, 03:17 PM
You are a moron, faggot. Dudley and Ariza are nothing alike. Go learn what the term "poor man's' means.

Shut your pie hole!
i already explained what i meant ...
if you cant read or comprehend ...then stay out of grown folks conversations and go back to playing your Nintendo Wii

SomeCallMeTim
05-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Okay, looks like there needs to be a Gasol sticky, too.

Yeah, it is getting a little ridiculous.

duhoh
05-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Yeah, it is getting a little ridiculous.

but that's what they want right?

LakerHater
05-30-2010, 04:19 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/mj1vc.gif

Killakobe81
05-30-2010, 04:49 AM
wE will need m,ore from Pau to win a title ....

He was outscored by Andrew Bynum ...

Pau MVP of the Lakers is some of the dumbest, most ridiculous stuff ever posted in an NBA forum.

Games 3,4,5 and 6 of this series are

Exhibits: A,B,C and D why Pau is NOT the MVP of this team ...

mystargtr34
05-30-2010, 07:26 AM
What about during the Thunder series while Kobe was jacking up 10-30 games while Pau was dominating with his scoring, rebounding, passing and defense. Lets not act like Pau is dragging down the Lakers while Kobe is single handedly carrying them after Pau has one bad game.

Kobe fan may say Kobe is the MVP, but Pau is equally important.

pauls931
05-30-2010, 07:31 AM
BS, Gasol is the glue for the team and why I hate that trade because everyone knows it shut the window for every other team in the west for some time.

Giuseppe
05-30-2010, 08:32 AM
What about during the Thunder series while Kobe was jacking up 10-30 games while Pau was dominating with his scoring, rebounding, passing and defense. Lets not act like Pau is dragging down the Lakers while Kobe is single handedly carrying them after Pau has one bad game.

Kobe fan may say Kobe is the MVP, but Pau is equally important.

Kobe & Fish saved Gasol here. Lopez feigned hitting Pau early in the series, Pau flinched and has been rolled up in a ball every since.:rolleyes

JamStone
05-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Gasol can be pretty puzzling and down right frustrating.

WTF was his problem last night?

I honestly don't know if he's going to dominate an old and broken KG or bitch up and play like a pussy if KG puts a couple forearms in his back. The cat looks like a world beater one night and then looks like a 7th grade girl the next.

For as much talent as Pau has, Kobe haters and Laker haters need to chill on him carrying Kobe, trolling or not. For all his great games, Pau has consistently proven he's a career second fiddle.

Giuseppe
05-30-2010, 08:50 AM
We're gonna need Bynum to step up and relieve some of the pressure on Gasol. He's starting to fall back in the ranks again.

ginobili's bald spot
05-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Gasol can be pretty puzzling and down right frustrating.

WTF was his problem last night?

I honestly don't know if he's going to dominate an old and broken KG or bitch up and play like a pussy if KG puts a couple forearms in his back. The cat looks like a world beater one night and then looks like a 7th grade girl the next.

For as much talent as Pau has, Kobe haters and Laker haters need to chill on him carrying Kobe, trolling or not. For all his great games, Pau has consistently proven he's a career second fiddle.

Exactly. That's just who Pau is. One game he looks like the best big man in the NBA and the next game he's back to being a giant pussy. To be honest the occasions when he wilts seem to coincide with either pressure situations or physical play. Phil has even had to call him out publicly a couple times this season in an attempt to get him to toughen up, but I'm not sure how well that even worked. Fortunately he's in a perfect situation where he has teammates who can cover for his faults most of the time. But as a fan it's definitely frustrating when he goes into limp wrist mode. He better put on his big boy pants against the Celtics because they are going to knock him around. If he plays like he did last night we are done.