PDA

View Full Version : ACB (Spanish League) Play-offs

mogrovejo
05-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Post-season of the second best domestic league in the world (and it's actually a more competitive leauge than the Euroleague, with less bottom dwellers powerful teams just demolish) starts today. Plenty of future/former NBAers. Good games.

Barcelona - Gran Canaria

Caja Laboral Baskonia - Asefa

Real Madrid - Cajasol

Power Valencia - Unicaja

The big questions for this post-season: will Barcelona sweep the entire playoffs? Can't think of any other.

Every game can be watched life and free through their webpage:
http://acb360.orange.es/

ace3g
05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
when does Caja Laboral Baskonia play

mogrovejo
05-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Geez, poor Real Madrid. They can be kicked out in the first round. Worst season ever for Ettore Messina?

when does Caja Laboral Baskonia play

http://www.acb.com/cuadromini.php?id_cus=115&cod_equipo1=BAS&cod_equipo2=EST

6 hours difference to EST.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Anyone who says ACB is better than Euroleague should be banned from the forum.

milkshakeballa
05-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Just got back form the game.

Took a picture. They had some type of kid shooting at half type. I took at a picture inside their very nice European arena.

What are they doing?

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/84096264.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548460130D3A358C545 1F73DE2B4BF928988BE6D0A627AB442DE30A760B0D811297

tlongII
05-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Can anyone tell me how Claver is doing over there? I think we have another stashed in the ACB league as well. And lol at KBP.

Bob Lanier
05-21-2010, 10:56 AM
lol deutschland über alles

mogrovejo
05-22-2010, 08:06 AM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4255871&postcount=74

No credibility whatsoever. "Barcelona is overrated and won't even make the playoffs" - sad, just sad.

Can anyone tell me how Claver is doing over there? I think we have another stashed in the ACB league as well. And lol at KBP.

Claver is underachieving. Many talents, but seems to lack the ability to use them. Made solid progress on the defensive side of the court this season but lacked the consistency and assertiveness to become the player he could be.

The other guy is Freeland. Good prospect. Developing a worrying trend of struggling versus bigger and tougher players. But definitely a quality big, a very good rebounder, solid athleticism, very fluid and mobile, good hands, an improving face-up game. Very interesting player for the NBA once he figures out a couple of things.

Their teams are actually facing each other in this 1st round. First game:
http://acb360.orange.es/diferidos/LACB/54/310

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 02:17 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4255871&postcount=74

No credibility whatsoever. "Barcelona is overrated and won't even make the playoffs" - sad, just sad.

Claver is underachieving. Many talents, but seems to lack the ability to use them. Made solid progress on the defensive side of the court this season but lacked the consistency and assertiveness to become the player he could be.

The other guy is Freeland. Good prospect. Developing a worrying trend of struggling versus bigger and tougher players. But definitely a quality big, a very good rebounder, solid athleticism, very fluid and mobile, good hands, an improving face-up game. Very interesting player for the NBA once he figures out a couple of things.

Their teams are actually facing each other in this 1st round. First game:
http://acb360.orange.es/diferidos/LACB/54/310

You have never even seen an ACB game. Why are you commenting?

ChumpDumper
05-23-2010, 02:18 AM
You have never even seen an ACB game. Why are you commenting?He gave us the links to them, which is more than can be said for some posters.

Blackjack
05-23-2010, 02:22 AM
He gave us the links to them, which is more than can be said for some posters.

This could be fun. :corn:

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 04:05 AM
He gave us the links to them, which is more than can be said for some posters.

He also said Rubio is best player in Spain. Is like saying Rondo from his rookie season is best player in NBA. He has never seen any ACB games. Because if he has then his understanding of game is very bad.

lol at he gave links you mean you had to have someone show you how to find the ACB website? Pathetic.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2010, 04:20 AM
He also said Rubio is best player in Spain. Is like saying Rondo from his rookie season is best player in NBA. He has never seen any ACB games. Because if he has then his understanding of game is very bad.Eh, you think Spanoulis is the best player in Europe. I'd call that a wash.

Rubio is pretty good -- like a mini-Manu. I think he will be much more successful in the NBA than Spanoulis, for example. I'm judging in part from the ACB game I watched thanks to a timely link from a knowledgeable international poster.

lol at he gave links you mean you had to have someone show you how to find the ACB website? Pathetic.No. He was giving the links to all the games he was watching for those who didn't know they were being broadcast.

You, on the other hand, don't give links to -- well -- anything of consequence.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 04:32 AM
Eh, you think Spanoulis is the best player in Europe. I'd call that a wash.

Rubio is pretty good -- like a mini-Manu. I think he will be much more successful in the NBA than Spanoulis, for example. I'm judging in part from the ACB game I watched thanks to a timely link from a knowledgeable international poster.

No. He was giving the links to all the games he was watching for those who didn't know they were being broadcast.

You, on the other hand, don't give links to -- well -- anything of consequence.

Rubio compared to Manu? :lol:lol:downspin::lmao:blah:rollin:nope:ihit:roll eyes

Thanks for that. Now I know you have zero basketball knowledge.

You can keep playing the game with this troll Mogrovejo. remember when he said Rudy was best player in Europe and how he would wreck the NBA and I said he lied. I also said Marc Gasol was 10 times better than Rudy and he argued and said Rudy was better.

I guess you forgot how many times I owned him and was proven right and how many times it was proven he is a liar that has never watched any European basketball. But go ahead and keep believing the same guy that said Rudy was best player in Europe and would be better in NBA than Marc Gasol.

Keep believing his lies which include his absurd lies about Rubio.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2010, 04:35 AM
Rubio compared to Manu? :lol:lol:downspin::lmao:blah:rollin:nope:ihit:roll eyesA little bit. Wild but he does make stuff happen.

Thanks for that. Now I know you have zero basketball knowledge.As much as you know about Greece's debt. :tu

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 04:37 AM
A little bit. Wild but he does make stuff happen.

Rubio can't shoot and he has no athletic ability. He is nothing like Manu. He is Rondo without athletic ability. It shows clear you have zero basketball knowledge. Now all your posts makes sense. You have knowledge in one subject only and that is how to be a smart ass. Nothing about basketball.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2010, 04:42 AM
You can keep playing the game with this troll Mogrovejo. remember when he said Rudy was best player in Europe and how he would wreck the NBA and I said he lied. I also said Marc Gasol was 10 times better than Rudy.I don't think he's the best player in Europe. I also don't think Marc Gasol is 10 times better than he. I think Rubio could indeed be a better overall NBA player than Marc. Definitely a better NBA player than Spanoulis, who was not very good at all.

I guess you forgot how many times I owned him and was proven right and how many times it was proven he is a liar tht has never watched any European basketball.You're right -- I know of no times you owned him. How many times? Provide links to every instance.

But go ahead and keep believeing the same guy that said Rudy was best player in Europe and would be better in NBA than marc Gasol.

Keep believing his lies which include his absurd lies about Rubio.He lies on occasion, and he's just as much a pussy about saying where he's really from, but that was just his opinion.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 04:48 AM
I don't think he's the best player in Europe. I also don't think Marc Gasol is 10 times better than he. I think Rubio could indeed be a better overall NBA player than Marc. Definitely a better NBA player than Spanoulis, who was not very good at all.

You're right -- I know of no times you owned him. How many times? Provide links to every instance.

He lies on occasion, and he's just as much a pussy about saying where he's really from, but that was just his opinion.

Spanoulis this Spanoulis that

For the billionth time you will NEVER get me banned again. Go cry to Kori

ChumpDumper
05-23-2010, 04:49 AM
Rubio can't shoot and he has no athletic ability. He is nothing like Manu. He is Rondo without athletic ability. It shows clear you have zero basketball knowledge. Now all your posts makes sense. You have knowledge in one subject only and that is how to be a smart ass. Nothing about basketball.Oh, I'm not saying he doesn't need work. He's just an exciting young player. He'll definitely need to work on shooting and cutting down turnovers.

It just seems like you are being preemptively butthurt about Rubio's inevitable superior NBA career compared to what's-his-mama's-boy.

BadOdor
05-23-2010, 04:50 AM
Rubio compared to Manu? :lol:lol:downspin::lmao:blah:rollin:nope:ihit:roll eyes

Thanks for that. Now I know you have zero basketball knowledge.

You can keep playing the game with this troll Mogrovejo. remember when he said Rudy was best player in Europe and how he would wreck the NBA and I said he lied. I also said Marc Gasol was 10 times better than Rudy and he argued and said Rudy was better.

I guess you forgot how many times I owned him and was proven right and how many times it was proven he is a liar that has never watched any European basketball. But go ahead and keep believing the same guy that said Rudy was best player in Europe and would be better in NBA than Marc Gasol.

Keep believing his lies which include his absurd lies about Rubio.

fake greek pretty good english when pissed, no?

TheProfessor
05-23-2010, 04:50 AM
Actually, he said it was the more competitive league, but it doesn't surprise me that someone from Arkansas would fail at reading comprehension.

ChumpDumper
05-23-2010, 04:52 AM
Spanoulis this Spanoulis that

For the billionth time you will NEVER get me banned again.Billionth time?

When did you say this before?

Link?

Go cry to KoriNever have, champ. I don't think you can make that claim.

Did you ever get those figures on total Greek debt and total Greek bailout money I asked for?

ChumpDumper
05-23-2010, 04:53 AM
Actually, he said it was the more competitive leagueDoes seem to be more parity in the ACB, that only stands to reason.

mogrovejo
05-23-2010, 08:52 AM
You have never even seen an ACB game. Why are you commenting?

I'm just waiting for your comments on Barcelona's domination of European basketball.

Are they the best European team ever? Or an overrated team that only made the playoffs because of some fluky wins due to their streaky shooters?

He also said Rubio is best player in Spain. Is like saying Rondo from his rookie season is best player in NBA. He has never seen any ACB games. Because if he has then his understanding of game is very bad.

No, I said Rubio was the best point-guard in Spain but that was months ago. Once again, I'm proven right:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/302/rubioallacb.png

Rubio's swept the election for the PG position for All-ACB first team. Players, coaches, fans and press all voted for him first. You said Prigioni and Llull were better than him, you are proven a liar.

Now, I think he's the best point-guard in Europe. Once again I'm seeing ahead of time, this will be unanimous next season. Actually I'm expecting him to become the best European point-guard next season, something people will understand the following year.

Mel_13
05-23-2010, 09:02 AM
I think he will be much more successful in the NBA than Spanoulis

That is a very safe bet. As long as he doesn't completely fail and run back home to mommy after one season, Ricky will clear the bar set by VSpan.

mogrovejo
05-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Speaking of Barcelona, I just watched them allowing their opponents 4 (four) point in the first quarter. In a playoffs game, playing a solid team, a team that made the Eurocup quarter-finals. Their defense is NBA quality - not high-level NBA defense, but they play on that side of the court like NBA teams. They have the athleticism + defensive intensity of a NBA teams. Plus a few guys who would actually be quality defenders in the NBA: Rubio, Fran Vazquez, Mickeal, N'Dong...

About the parity and competitiveness: Barcelona had a single loss vs. non-Spanish teams in the Euroleague this season and it was a 1 point loss. In the final 4 they beat their opponents by a 15 point average margin. They ended the season with a ridiculous point differential for the "short in possessions per game European basketball", +14 or something, which was more than the double of the previous record for an Euroleague winner. Obviously, they'll also win the ACB comfortably because they're so much better than anyone else in Europe, but at least they've already been defeated 3 times and I'm expecting that at least someone will put a fight on them during the playoffs, fight them to one or two close games, maybe even steal one. But the point is that the ACB's lower class is more competitive than the Euroleague's one. No Union Olimpijas, Ententes and Ewe Baskets for good teams to feast on.

mogrovejo
05-23-2010, 09:13 AM
LOL Spanoulis, the Greek God of Turnovers

Bow down, KBP:

Xb6mhpz5ARI

Ghazi
05-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Rubio :worthy: :worthy:

mogrovejo :worthy: :worthy:

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Actually, he said it was the more competitive league, but it doesn't surprise me that someone from Arkansas would fail at reading comprehension.

Maybe you should go to dictionary.com and look up word competitive.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm just waiting for your comments on Barcelona's domination of European basketball.

Are they the best European team ever? Or an overrated team that only made the playoffs because of some fluky wins due to their streaky shooters?

No, I said Rubio was the best point-guard in Spain but that was months ago. Once again, I'm proven right:
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/302/rubioallacb.png

Rubio's swept the election for the PG position for All-ACB first team. Players, coaches, fans and press all voted for him first. You said Prigioni and Llull were better than him, you are proven a liar.

Now, I think he's the best point-guard in Europe. Once again I'm seeing ahead of time, this will be unanimous next season. Actually I'm expecting him to become the best European point-guard next season, something people will understand the following year.

He was voted 4th best point guard this year and his team won a championship which elevated his number in the vote by several places.

He will not be in any all Euroleague team next year either. Barca is not 1/10 good enough of a team to repeat.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Rubio :worthy: :worthy:

mogrovejo :worthy: :worthy:

He has never seen a Euroleague game. He just makes up everything. If you ever took time to read what he says and compare it to events after you would realize that.

mogrovejo
05-23-2010, 11:27 PM
He was voted 4th best point guard this year and his team won a championship which elevated his number in the vote by several places.

I'm not sure how to say this... the vote happened before the final 4. I mean, the teams were announced before the final 4. His team winning pumped his vote even though the voting had already occurred before the win? You're sounding a bit illogical.

He will not be in any all Euroleague team next year either. Barca is not 1/10 good enough of a team to repeat.

That makes it. Barcelona to repeat without being defeated the entire competition. KBP's trackrecord is that good.

mogrovejo
05-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Barcelona - Gran Canaria

Caja Laboral Baskonia - Asefa

Real Madrid - Cajasol

Power Valencia - Unicaja

Teams in bold advanced. Everybody swept except Real. Unicaja over Valencia as the only upset.

Second round started today, with Barcelona playing Unicaja. If you want to see a clinic of point-guard play (including how to tear apart a zone, the Lakers should take notes from this) watch this game: http://acb360.orange.es/diferidos/LACB/54/319

Real Madrid and Caja Laboral Baskonia play tomorrow, 4 pm eastern time.

mogrovejo
05-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Caja Laboral beats Real Madrid in game 1. Bad basketball game. Good displays from the Alaskan Assassin Brad Oleson and Spurs bond Splitter for Baskonia; Tomic's class, Reyes fighting spirit, Vidal's defense and Velickovic's scoring weren't enough for Real who suffered from a lack of outside scoring. Jaric is pitiful, still scoreless in the playoffs. Real is probably the worst Messina team ever and by far. They don't have any kind of cohesiveness.

5 penetration moves from Rubio's game yesterday. That's how you break a pressure zone:

afkCUiHGZHE

mogrovejo
06-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Barcelona sweeps Unicaja and it's the first finalist. Nice game, they won by double digits but started the 4th quarter trailing, always interesting to see a team making it competitive against BCN, even if only for 3/4 of the game.

Caja Laboral leads Real Madrid 2-0, 3rd game tomorrow.