PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are still next door to #5

spurspokesman
05-20-2010, 03:40 PM
What's up spurs fans. Just want to grab your opinions. After this season I am still convinced the spurs are a few steps away from #5. Why?

We made the second round despite:
Lack of size and shotblocking upfront, RJ playing arguably the worst basketball of his career, Roger mason as well, injured tony parker, mcdyess inconsistencies,
In my personal opinion(not placing the loss solely on Rj) but if he plays one level better(richardson killed us) I say its us playing the lakers right now. We have a gem in hill and blair a good draft pick and maybe splitter coming down. Mason and bonner look to be heading out and I doubt tim plays this bad next season. If mason and rj gave us a nickel more picture our spurs. Despite the phx series I'm happy with the spurs season. We just need to get TIM help. The perimeter is fine despite what it looks. The problem is when the perimeter gets beat there's no one physically gifted (that gets playing time)in the paint to discourage shots. The spurs will continue to be a force in the west but won't get there if we don't address our true need. Having a youth on the perimeter 6'8 would be great but honestly if we just had a horse in the paint and a half better RJ we are still playing. We won't be this bad next season and will have the perfect combo with youth athleticism and veteran experience. The spurs are more game for #5 than a lot would thInk. AND HELL NO TO TRADING any of the big 3. They're still capable. We had offense this year and won games. We had no defense and didn't win a ring. I say keep the same core and weed out the wack and if a miracle comes unload rj and make a few tweeks. After that its on again. What do u think?