PDA

View Full Version : The Nike/LeBron/Lion/playoff commercial

CosmicCowboy
05-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Have the advertising guys at Nike lost their mind? Why on earth would they buy TV time to run that LeBron playoff commercial over and over and over when anyone that watches basketball knows that LeBron didn't even make the playoffs...I know they spent a lot of money on LBJ's endorsement contract but throwing good money after bad to remind everyone he has gone fishing is ridiculous...

whats up with that TLong?

alamo50
05-11-2005, 12:22 PM
"You ain't seen nothing yet".

foodie2
05-11-2005, 12:27 PM
And then there's the little blue frog/Earl Boykins one. Earl is also fishing, I seem to remember...

sa_butta
05-11-2005, 12:28 PM
And then there's the little blue frog/Earl Boykins one. Earl is also fishing, I seem to remember...I thought that was so stupid.

Solid D
05-11-2005, 12:31 PM
People won't decide not to buy LeBron Nike gear just because LeBron is out of the playoffs.

samikeyp
05-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Maybe Nike thought that if they aired the ads during the Playoffs...those players would feel like they were actually there! :lol

duncan2k5
05-11-2005, 12:39 PM
its the message they were sending in the commercial..."when you think its over, it hasn't even begun." just in case ppl were writing him off. personally i like lebron, so ill defend him.

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Even though I know my head was turned towards the TV and my eyes were focused on the screen, my mind somehow has blanked any data recieved form watching the Lebron add, except that it sucked.

CosmicCowboy
05-11-2005, 12:48 PM
its the message they were sending in the commercial..."when you think its over, it hasn't even begun." just in case ppl were writing him off. personally i like lebron, so ill defend him.

I am not dissing LeBron, I'm dissing Nike...In fact I am sure that LeBron hates that commercial running during the playoffs and making him look like a pretender and not a contender...

duncan2k5
05-11-2005, 12:56 PM
i see

tlongII
05-11-2005, 01:04 PM
The ad time was probably bought well before the playoffs started. Nike probably gambled that LeBron would make it in the playoffs, but were wrong. Since the ad time is already bought the commercials were shown anyway.

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 01:06 PM
I think a better add would be showing the highlights of the game that's on. People would pay attention, and the add would really be aimed towards the viewers at hand.

Obstructed_View
05-11-2005, 01:51 PM
They spent a hundred million dollars on LeBron. They are going to show his commercials if he drops dead today.

Lame as the Nike ads are, they are an order of magnitude better than the Reebok "I make other shoes look like dumbasses" ads.

ducks
05-11-2005, 01:56 PM
lebron was not even good enough to get his team in playoffs
pathetic

Obstructed_View
05-11-2005, 02:02 PM
The dude can't play all five positions. How much better should he have played?

alamo50
05-11-2005, 02:18 PM
That was you trying to be funny, right ducks???

CosmicCowboy
05-11-2005, 02:23 PM
The ad time was probably bought well before the playoffs started. Nike probably gambled that LeBron would make it in the playoffs, but were wrong. Since the ad time is already bought the commercials were shown anyway.

And how many basketball players does Nike have in their stable? They couldn't use that air time to run a playoff commercial about one of their endorsers that was actually playing in the playoffs?

T Park
05-11-2005, 02:28 PM
well they couldve replaced a lebron with say a commercial on Ray Allen?

Amare Stoudamire maybe.

tekdragon
05-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Lebron has only begun to saturate the media with his presence. Get used to it. The only thing larger in scale then Lebron's hype is his upside. He's the real deal. He's the Magic Johnson of this generation. Step away from the hate. You're going to look (even more) like a fool in a few years if you don't.

I like the Boykins spot! I thought it was well done. He's certainly deserving of some exposure...Earl's got heart and game...how can you not root for him?

Haters hate, I guess.

nkdlunch
05-11-2005, 03:01 PM
I fucking hate the Lebron commercials with that stupid ass talking doll with an afro. I mean a fucking doll that talks???? Is that the best they could come up with? It makes Lebron look retarded and autistic.

tekdragon
05-11-2005, 03:03 PM
"Show 'em my motto!"

Throwback to the Little Penny ads...wow. Chris Rock in the early days...that takes me back.

ducks
05-11-2005, 03:07 PM
just mayeb the last month james should have involved his teamates and they might have got their asses swepted by the heat

nkdlunch
05-11-2005, 03:10 PM
yeah he started the season great, but at the end he was crying to the refs, his teamates, opponents, etc. :cry

tekdragon
05-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Step away from the hate. You're going to look (even more) like a fool in a few years if you don't.

Scratch that. It's simply too late for some.

CavsSuperFan
05-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Cosmic...Lebron at least the image of Lebron is doing well for the NBA...

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Lil' Penny. Those were great. Lil' Penny's house party with the Iceman serving up the gumbo. That was great.

Horry For 3!
05-11-2005, 05:49 PM
I've seen the Blue Frog/Earl Boykins commercial way more than the Lion/Lebron James commercial.

tlongII
05-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Lil' Penny. Those were great. Lil' Penny's house party with the Iceman serving up the gumbo. That was great.

That's Tyra Banks fool!

MeAndBobThrowChairs
05-11-2005, 06:31 PM
just mayeb the last month james should have involved his teamates and they might have got their asses swepted by the heat

holy shit,you are a fucking idiot. lebron got close to a fucking triple double every game you dumbass. dont say he didnt involve his teammates, i think he was first or second in assists. he played great, his teams the one who sucks ass. shut the fuck up ducks, you've never made one good point since i have read this website. im tired of you.

Experiment2100
05-11-2005, 06:35 PM
They are better than those "I wear my KSWISS like a dumbass" commercials. And that Heiniken one the guy pouring beer on the guitar, "We get it he wasted beer." Dont forget the Toys for Big Boys and Benihana crapfest. And the 100,000+ showings of promos for TNT's crappy new shows. The Closer will suck and if you watch it you endorse having promos shoved down your throat, and TNT will do it next year.

Obstructed_View
05-11-2005, 06:45 PM
They are better than those "I wear my KSWISS like a dumbass" commercials.
Oh yeah it wasn't Reebok. I guess that's not an effective ad if I don't remember who it was.

vincerodriguez23
05-11-2005, 06:54 PM
i like those nike commercials

ducks
05-11-2005, 07:03 PM
holy shit,you are a fucking idiot. lebron got close to a fucking triple double every game you dumbass. dont say he didnt involve his teammates, i think he was first or second in assists. he played great, his teams the one who sucks ass. shut the fuck up ducks, you've never made one good point since i have read this website. im tired of you.

I am not the only one here that thought james should have involved his teamates more

and geez's cool it with the language

ps if you are tired of me there is a ignor feature in this forum

:angel :angel :angel :angel

ducks
05-11-2005, 07:12 PM
With TD, you are almost guaranteed five more years of championship contention. With Lebron, you don't know what you're going to get. He'll be great, but can he single-handedly make his team a contender? Maybe someday, but he can't do it right now. He's never even been to the playoffs, so we can't possibly know that he'll be able to play at a championship level.

here is another one

I say a Tim Duncan-led team would lead the Cavs to the playoffs in the east for the next six years, even if their talent level didn't improve at all.

I certainly can't say the same for James.

I'm going for the Nets because they've had a pretty good second half. The Cavs have struggled so poorly that it just doesn't seem like they deserve to be in the playoffs. And even though I like Lebron, his decision to not trust his teammates wasn't a good one.

I'd like to see the upstart Nets play in the first round. I know what Stern wants, though.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14001&page=1&pp=26&highlight=james
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14161&page=3&highlight=james

Obstructed_View
05-11-2005, 07:15 PM
I am not the only one here that thought james should have involved his teamates more
The fact that others share a small shard of what constitutes your opinion doesn't make your contention that there's nothing good about LeBron James any less ridiculous. You claim he doesn't involve his teammates, but he obviously involves the ones who make shots if he's getting double-digit assists.