PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: 76ers willing to trade second round pick

ChrisRichards
05-21-2010, 02:45 PM
The Sixers would reportedly trade the second overall pick in this year's draft to a team that is willing to take Elton Brand's contract off their hands.
Brand's deal pays him $51 million over the next three seasons.

Mavs should just do this trade...

monosylab1k
05-21-2010, 02:46 PM
tbh I'd do this. Brand + Evan Turner would help the Mavs tremendously.

ffadicted
05-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Ugh are you fucking kidding me. Sixers should be amazingly excited about getting Turner, if they deal this away for money reasons,they're digging their own grave...

Muser
05-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Title mistake tbh.

ChrisRichards
05-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Title mistake tbh.
Doh!

Lars
05-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Iggy Brand and #2 for Ariza, Andersen, Jeffries

ChrisRichards
05-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Iggy Brand and #2 for Ariza, Andersen, Jeffries
Iggy has to stay.

Muser
05-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Doh!

:lol

If the Spurs could somehow get Iggy + The pick then you should consider it, that contract is really damn shitty though.

Muser
05-21-2010, 02:52 PM
No iggy then no deal, I know it's a high pick but not for that contract.

monosylab1k
05-21-2010, 02:54 PM
DUST chip for Brand + #2. If Philly is doing this simply to dump Brand's contract, then this is the best offer. Get rid of Brand without having to take on any salary whatsoever.

DOOOO IT CUBAN!

ChrisRichards
You dont think Brand is going to be serviceable? He was a top 5 player before his injury. I dont think he's done, this year could be that year where he finally regains his game.

monosylab1k
You dont think Brand is going to be serviceable? He was a top 5 player before his injury. I dont think he's done, this year could be that year where he finally regains his game.

He'd be perfect as a backup PF/C for Dallas.

Muser
05-21-2010, 02:57 PM
DUST chip is required for LeBron.

Booharv
05-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Is Stefanski dumb enough to take RJ + #20 in return? Or does he want immediate cap relief? Only Dallas with Dampier's weird contract or some team way under the cap could offer immediate relief. Blair could be sent out as he duplicates what Brand does.

monosylab1k
05-21-2010, 02:58 PM
DUST chip is required for LeBron.

Not necessarily brah. Dallas has all kinds of versatility.

monosylab1k
05-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Also, what if the Wizards get retarded and pass on John Wall? Holy shit!

lefty
05-21-2010, 03:00 PM
No surprise

Collins doesn't trust 2nd round picks

Muser
05-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Not necessarily brah. Dallas has all kinds of versatility.

Cubes should be on the phone right now then tbh.

This is what I thought, I doubt they do but that'd be sweeeeeeet

ffadicted
05-21-2010, 03:03 PM

lol exactly, not to mention Turner is potentially a better player, and certainly more NBA ready. Sixers winning that pick is a true blessing, them trading it away for cash relief would be franchise crushing. Seattle 76ers in a couple years imo imo lol

TheMACHINE
05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
#2 + Brand = 2nd round in the playoffs for the Mavs.

Do it Mavs! No more 1st round exit for you!

sefant77
05-21-2010, 03:09 PM
If they do that the Brand signing was one of the worst all time.

Spending your cap and a #2 for nothing...

Booharv
05-21-2010, 03:10 PM

Dallas would probably be able to trade with any team wanting a pg then, because they would have like seven of them. Of course not as many teams need pgs because of all the good ones in the last few drafts.

Mr Bones
05-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Taking on Brand's contract is a lot to ask, but if it also means getting Evan Turner it could be worth it. Tough call.
Parker/McDyess for Brand/Holiday/#2 actually works in the espn trade machine. That would give the Spurs 2 young and inexpensive PGs and a possible future superstar in Turner. Brand is slightly undersized and has lost athleticism but as a backup to a possible front court of Duncan and Splitter would be an extremely overpaid but competent piece. I wonder if Brand's recent decline is completely physical and irreversible.... if he could return to 90% of what he was in L.A., it'd be a no-brainer. But I doubt that's possible at this point.

Ghazi
05-21-2010, 03:45 PM
tbh I'd do this. Brand + Evan Turner would help the Mavs tremendously.

I don't think so, on either account, as far as this year, at least for Turner... and Brand is just a loser.

Iguodala would, though.

However, I wouldn't mind such a trade. the #2 pick can be more sweetener to throw into the inevitable Bron package.

monosylab1k
05-21-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't think so, on either account, as far as this year, at least for Turner... and Brand is just a loser.

Iguodala would, though.

However, I wouldn't mind such a trade. the #2 pick can be more sweetener to throw into the inevitable Bron package.

Brand is a loser as a franchise player or as a Robin. In Dallas he would just be a 20-25 mpg backup for Dirk and Haywood. As a solid backup he's got tremendous potential.

Ghazi
05-21-2010, 03:50 PM
I'd do Butler/Barea for Brand/#2 though.

That way, when we get LeBron, we can keep either Beaubois or Turner. Staaaaacked

Ghazi
05-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Mavs projected 2011 team:

Kidd
Beaubois or Turner
James
Nowitzki
Haywood

Brand
Marion
Terry

bye bye NBA parity :cry :cry

monosylab1k
05-21-2010, 03:54 PM
IlV8fSBlHw0

Ghazi
05-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I suppose I agree mono , about Brand being a 20-25 minute backup

I think we'll all appreciate Terry/Marion/Brand a lot more next year. Maybe as core members of a team they're not good enough, but as 15-20minute bench players complimenting a HoF PG and the best forward tandem of all time? :wow :wow :wow

monosylab1k
05-21-2010, 03:57 PM
I suppose I agree mono , about Brand being a 20-25 minute backup

I think we'll all appreciate Terry/Marion/Brand a lot more next year. Maybe as core members of a team they're not good enough, but as 15-20minute bench players complimenting a HoF PG and the best forward tandem of all time? :wow :wow :wow

75 win ecstasy tbh

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-21-2010, 03:59 PM
I'd do Butler/Barea for Brand/#2 though.

That way, when we get LeBron, we can keep either Beaubois or Turner. Staaaaacked

Butler and Barea for Brand wouldn't work. The trade Dallas should try is Butler + Stephenson since they are both expiring and those salaries would match up, plus they still keep the DUST chip.

Regardless of Lebron this is something Dallas should consider. Evan Turner is exactly what they need. If they got Turner and Lebron it'd be the closest thing we've seen to Pippen and MJ since Pippen and MJ.

Muser
05-21-2010, 04:00 PM

Kidd
Beaubois or Turner
James
Nowitzki
Haywood

Brand
Marion
Terry

Barea.

Staaaaaaaaaaaaacked.

baseline bum
05-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Dallas should be all over that if true. I can't see Holt agreeing to trade for Brand's contract, but I think Cuban would. That would be a fucking stacked team if they can keep Beaubois out of the trade and bring Haywood back.

Ghazi
05-21-2010, 04:10 PM
So, we win 2-3 titles and then Dirk is too old to be a Robin... and then Evan Turner's just hitting his prime.

sad times for the NBA... sad times indeed.

League is about to have that same feeling they did during Jordan's Bulls... everyones fighting for 2nd place :cry :cry :cry

boston.balla
05-21-2010, 04:30 PM
ghazi son .. take a break from smoking such stuff, you'll soon start having visions of apocalypse and the like .. maybe we see you on tv predicting 2012 .. mavs roster that is:toast

jazzypimp
05-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Jazz should do this... boozer is leaving... have brand back up millsap and get the number 2... draft a big with the number 9....by the time brands contract comes off the books the picks(2 and 9) wont even be off their rookie contracts...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Wow didn't even think about the Jazz doing this with Ak-47's contract. A Deron Williams Evan Turner back court would be nasty as hell.

jazzypimp
05-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Wow didn't even think about the Jazz doing this with Ak-47's contract. A Deron Williams Evan Turner back court would be nasty as hell.

plus the fact that Doug collins always drools all over AK's nuts when he announces jazz games and AK is in the last year of his deal... so it's an expiring contract... Makes sense to me...Brand can be a productive backup for millsap!

rayjayjohnson
05-21-2010, 05:28 PM

Kidd
Beaubois or Turner
James
Nowitzki
Haywood

Brand
Marion
Terry

yeah. you're totally gonna get LBJ.

Dickhead.

ChrisRichards
05-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Hmmm. Utah's #9 included in the trade, then I guess it becomes easier for Philly to pull that trigger.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Hmmm. Utah's #9 included in the trade, then I guess it becomes easier for Philly to pull that trigger.

imo if Philly asks for the #9 then Utah should ask for Thadeus Young (that actually makes the salaries match better). Williams/Turner/Young would be some kind of perimeter defense.

ChrisRichards
05-21-2010, 06:09 PM
imo if Philly asks for the #9 then Utah should ask for Thadeus Young (that actually makes the salaries match better). Williams/Turner/Young would be some kind of perimeter defense.
I dont know if they'll give up young, Sixers brass are very high on him. I think he's one of the main reasons why they were willing to let Iguodala go for a decent package last February, heck he's probably the reason why they feel they dont need to draft Turner at # 2 (along with dumping Brand's contract).

If Utah makes this trade, I expect them to pick Derrick Favors since they are perimeter heavy as it is. Probably an insurance just in case Boozer dont resign. They'll have a Millsap/Favors frontline which is cheaper.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Idk why you're saying Utah is perimeter heavy. We just saw Kobe destroy the garbage they have at SG and SF. At this point D-Will is probably a season away from getting sour towards Utah for trading away guys like Ronnie Brewer, giving him no perimeter help and making it so he has to do everything. Utah's FO knows that if they have any chance at keeping him beyond when his contract runs out they better rebuild at SG asap.

ChrisRichards
05-21-2010, 06:51 PM
I mean guard heavy in terms of the amount of playing times spread by Sloan in that position. They have Wes Matthews, CJ Miles and will probably resign Korver and acquiring another rotational guard should'nt be an issue. Deron Williams wants to win now, so really, adding Turner which is a project is not going to help Deron at all. Additionally, quality bigs are harder to obtain than scoring guards. Derrick Favors IMO has a higher celing than Turner, big men always does anyway, they can always use Favors as an insurance pick along with Brand and Milsap to bolster their frontline since Boozer is most likely not going to be resigned if Utah indeed goes this route. Utah has Fesenko and Okur at the middle, every mucle helps, especially if they want to go deeper in the West.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-21-2010, 07:22 PM
As far as winning now, Turner >>>>>>> Favors. He's considered by most to be the most NBA ready player in the draft, while Favors is a raw athlete who is still figuring out how to play basketball. I'm not sure why people are high on favors, he was anything but impressive at GaTech.

If you were Deron Williams, would you be OK with Utah doing nothing to improve at wing and going into next season with Mathews as the starting SG and CJ Miles as the starting SF?

JoeTait75
05-21-2010, 07:38 PM
I'd deal LeBron in a S&T for Brand and the draft rights to the Villain.

mogrovejo
05-21-2010, 08:52 PM
This can't be true. How can people actually believe they'd trade Brand+#2 for cap flexibility? Absolute nonsense. If they get an All-NBA talent back, sure, but to dump Brand? No way.

spursfan1000
05-21-2010, 09:51 PM
I would like to see #2 and Brand for Jefferson and cash. Brand isnt as good as he used to be but he is still a solid player, and whoever the Spurs would get at #2 would help Spurs in future alot.

vander
05-21-2010, 10:08 PM
cool, RJ for Brand + #2

then TP for some other lottery pick around #10

and suddenly the Spurs have a future

dallaskd
05-21-2010, 10:38 PM

Kidd
Beaubois or Turner
James
Nowitzki
Haywood

Brand
Marion
Terry

lol good god that would be beast. although terry would be gone in any deal for james.

boston.balla
05-22-2010, 02:11 PM
this is very interesting news ... it's so comical people think of brand being THAT bad because he is playing in a system antithetic with his qualities. He'd be very decent in halfcourt and with the second pick it's really not a bad deal, plus you get insane trade bait in 2 years exactly when your pick start to grow into his role..