PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Bosh gives Raptors wish list

Kai
05-21-2010, 03:12 PM
CHICAGO -- Chris Bosh's agent has told the Toronto Raptors that he's narrowed his list of preferred teams to five, two sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford at the NBA draft camp.

The list of five teams -- Toronto plus the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks, sources said -- were given to Toronto management in case the Raptors want to construct a sign-and-trade deal (assuming he doesn't re-sign with Toronto).

Bosh likes that option, sources told Ford, because he'd get one more year on his contract and could make more money.

Sources said the Raptors prefer a sign-and-trade if Bosh is intent on leaving as well. They likely would want a big man to replace the 6-10, 230-pound Bosh in the lineup.

One source said Bosh's decision hinges on where LeBron James signs.

"If LeBron decides to go to either New York or Chicago, I think that's where you'll see Chris land," the source told Ford. "If LeBron stays in Cleveland, I think the process is more wide open."

Bosh, 26, is an unrestricted free agent. He averaged 24 points per game last season and has averaged 20.2 points per game for his career.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043

4>0rings
05-21-2010, 03:16 PM
This guy wants to go from one shitty team to another???

ffadicted
05-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Intriguing. Bosh landing in Chicago with a S&T and Lebron by FA would be ridiculous. NY getting only bosh would be epic fail. And would Laker fans give up Gasol for Bosh? I think the obvious answer should be yes, but Gasol has been playing pretty well, and brought a lot to the Lakers..

JamStone
05-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Sounds like the guy is open to joining a superstar like LeBron or Wade or Kobe.

That doesn't sound like he wants to go to another shitty team. Sounds like he's open to being a second banana to a great player on a hopefully better team than the Raptors.

The article obviously left out Houston because we all know that's where he's going to end up...

Ghazi
05-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Gasol's passing is a big part of the Lakers success. Gasol > Bosh for the Lakers IMO, although it would just be a lateral move

4>0rings
05-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Sounds like the guy is open to joining a superstar like LeBron or Wade or Kobe.

That doesn't sound like he wants to go to another shitty team. Sounds like he's open to being a second banana to a great player on a hopefully better team than the Raptors.

The article obviously left out Houston because we all know that's where he's going to end up...
He once stated in the begining of his FA talks that he didn't want to play second fiddle, wanted to be the first option. This was weird since he was in Toronto but who the hell really wants to play in Toronto. It could go either way.

Of course following LeBron is probably a given if it's Chicago or NY. Even still you need role players and we do not know what's going to be given up to claim both of these players. It's not given that if you assemble names you win a championship, just look at the Lakers.

sefant77
05-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Intriguing. Bosh landing in Chicago with a S&T and Lebron by FA would be ridiculous.

Yes, because all Toronto need is adding with Deng another SF with 4 years and 50 million left :rollin

Hinrich is also intriguing for them since they just have Calderon and Jack with longtime contracts. I think they could not even add enough contracts to make a S&T with Hinrich as core contract possible....

Ghazi
05-21-2010, 03:38 PM
saying "if lebron decides to go to new york or chicago" is like saying "if 21_blessings wasn't a faggot"... just doesnt make sense/irrelevant hypothetical.

Lebron's going to Dallas. How does Bosh like playing 3rd fiddle to Bron/Dirk? I'm sure Cuban can work something out.

cobbler
05-21-2010, 03:39 PM
He wouldnt be going to LA for Pau. It would be for Bynum.

lefty
05-21-2010, 03:47 PM
He wouldnt be going to LA for Pau. It would be for Bynum.
This

Pau is perfect for the Lakers

Basketballgirl25
05-21-2010, 04:02 PM
This guy wants to go from one shitty team to another???

This really doesn't suprise me at all, from stuff I've read lots of players who were Raptors wanted to leave that team. Heck one wanted to go to the worst team in the league, I think that was back in 2004 or 2005

Basketballgirl25
05-21-2010, 04:03 PM
saying "if lebron decides to go to new york or chicago" is like saying "if 21_blessings wasn't a faggot"... just doesnt make sense/irrelevant hypothetical.

Lebron's going to Dallas. How does Bosh like playing 3rd fiddle to Bron/Dirk? I'm sure Cuban can work something out.

Lebron and Bosh are going to New York we all know this, Lebron won't be playing for Dallas:toast

redzero
05-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Best Power Forward in the league, tbqh.

Ghazi
05-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Best Power Forward in the league, tbqh.

lol PER knobslobber

lob knobslobbing regular season PER because its the only stat that supports CP3

lol 121-63

lol shut down by Dahntay Jones

lol Pargo

lol PER not accounting for letting Pargo take 13 4th quarter shots.

21_Blessings
05-21-2010, 04:21 PM
:lmao Dallas not on the list

Ghazi
05-21-2010, 04:22 PM
:lmao obsessed with the Mavs

21_Blessings
05-21-2010, 04:24 PM
:lmao Dallas not on the Lebron's list either

redzero
05-21-2010, 04:25 PM
lol PER knobslobber

lob knobslobbing regular season PER because its the only stat that supports CP3

lol 121-63

lol shut down by Dahntay Jones

lol Pargo

lol PER not accounting for letting Pargo take 13 4th quarter shots.

http://www.cydeweys.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/mohammed-bomb.jpg

lol terrorist

Ghazi
05-21-2010, 04:25 PM
:lmao denial

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-21-2010, 04:29 PM
As a Suns fan I hope LA does Bynum for Bosh. There's nothing he gives them that Gasol and Odom don't. He's overrated as hell, Bynum gives them size and still has a huge amount of talent. If they trade for Bosh that softens up their interior D a ton.

Ghazi
05-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Bosh is a top 15-20 player though, DoK

Anytime you can trade a cereal eatin bum for a top 20 player, you do it and worry about fit/chemistry later.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Bosh is a top 15-20 player though, DoK

ha, ha, ha and ha. Bosh is a quitter who plays tissue soft defense. A stat whore who can put up big numbers on a lottery team doesn't do anything for a contender.

sefant77
05-21-2010, 04:35 PM

lol retard

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Ghazi idk if you watched the game this week but when Bynum picked up his 4th foul in the 3rd quarter and his size was taken off the court, Phoenix immediately got away with a small ball lineup and went on a run to tie the game by the end of the quarter. That's no coincidence.

4>0rings
05-21-2010, 04:37 PM
http://www.cydeweys.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/mohammed-bomb.jpg

lol terrorist
lol

4>0rings
05-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Bosh is a quitter who plays tissue soft defense.
That would at least get a team to the conference finals.

21_Blessings
05-21-2010, 04:42 PM
:lmao denial

:lmao irony

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-21-2010, 04:42 PM
That would at least get a team to the conference finals.

Amare nuts all over Bosh when the two play each other. I find all the Suns fans who are now advocating to let Amare leave and sign Bosh like it's going to be a drastic improvement hilarious. Bosh is no better a defender than Amare.

sefant77
05-21-2010, 04:48 PM
:lmao irony

lol retard

cobbler
05-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Ghazi idk if you watched the game this week but when Bynum picked up his 4th foul in the 3rd quarter and his size was taken off the court, Phoenix immediately got away with a small ball lineup and went on a run to tie the game by the end of the quarter. That's no coincidence.

Bynum rarely gets credit because of his lazy attitude. But the Lakers interior D drastly improves with him in the game. His size and length leads to many altererd shots that dont show up on the stat sheet. It's one thing to get past the guard or forward and have Gasol trying with weakside help. It's another to have Drew standing there waiting.

Drew will be a key player should it end up being the Lakers and Celts. If Drew doesn't play well or is hurt, Rondo will feast. If he does, Rondo has to settle for mid range and the Lakers live with that all day.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Yeah exactly, having a big like that clogging up the lane severely compromises the PG production. Russell Westbrook would have really gone crazy if not for Bynum.

TheMACHINE
05-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Bye Bye Bynum. Hello Bosh!

ginobili's bald spot
05-21-2010, 05:30 PM
As a Suns fan I hope LA does Bynum for Bosh. There's nothing he gives them that Gasol and Odom don't. He's overrated as hell, Bynum gives them size and still has a huge amount of talent. If they trade for Bosh that softens up their interior D a ton.

This is 100% correct. People don't realize how important Bynum is for our interior D.

BUT

Bosh actually playing >>>>>>> Bynum on the injured list

That's the way I look at it.

TheMACHINE
05-21-2010, 05:49 PM
hmm injured Bynum vs Bosh....hmmmmmmm

ChrisRichards
05-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Horrible move for LA. They'll have a lot of scorers but no real post defense. Plus Colangelo aint no punk bitch. He's not going to obtain an injury plagued piece in return.

The Gemini Method
05-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Bosh and Bynum should have an injury-off...last one standing (with a crutch) gets to join/stay with the Lakers. The loser? Gets a bowl of cereal of his choosing...

duncan228
05-21-2010, 07:07 PM
More on the Bosh wish list (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16112/the-bosh-wish-list)
By Chad Ford
ESPN.com

While the NBA draft combine is a time for the top prospects to showcase their skills in front of league executives, much of the intrigue occurs after the drills end. In restaurants and lobbies in downtown Chicago, general managers chat with one another about everything going on in the league, including potential trades and free agency.

In speaking with a number of NBA personnel and player agents over the past two days, I realized that while LeBron James may be the "it" guy in the 2010 Free Agent frenzy, there seems to be as much or more speculation in Chicago about the future of Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh.

Why? The NBA GMs I spoke with are convinced that Bosh is the most likely top free agent to leave for another destination. They also believe the Raptors will be willing to do a sign-and-trade, potentially putting all 29 other teams in play for his services.

That idea wasn't disputed by two sources close to situation. They told me Thursday that Bosh's agent has informed the Raptors that he has whittled his potential list down to five teams and has given the list to the Raptors. (See this Bosh news story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043), published earlier on Friday.)

Bosh's wish list, according to sources, includes the Raptors, Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat and New York Knicks, in no particular order.

If he were to leave Toronto, Bosh would prefer to do a sign-and-trade, which would allow him to get an extra year on his contract and larger year-to-year raises. In short, he can earn considerably more money with a sign-and-trade as opposed to just signing with another team. By giving the Raptors the list now, it gives the team time to construct potential deals that they could live with.

Of course, the Raptors would love to re-sign Bosh if he's willing, but, according to sources, they've told him that if he decides to go elsewhere, they're open to doing a sign-and-trade if they can get back a player they like -- preferably a big man.

One of the sources told ESPN.com that Bosh's ultimate decision will likely be heavily influenced where LeBron decides to play: "If LeBron decides to go to either New York or Chicago, I think that's where you'll see Chris land. If LeBron stays in Cleveland, I think the process is more wide open."

Of the four teams left, the Lakers clearly hold the most interesting sign-and-trade options for Toronto. The Raptors have shown interest in both Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. But a source cautioned, "If the Lakers win the NBA title, I think the chances of them shaking up the roster go down dramatically."

To acquire Bosh, the Knicks could sign-and-trade David Lee, in whom the Raptors have shown great interest.

The chances for the Bulls and Heat to participate in a Bosh sign-and-trade are a bit less clear. The Bulls could offer Luol Deng, but his huge contract would be an issue, and he’s not a big man. Taj Gibson and Joakim Noah could be in play, but a source in Chicago told me the Bulls really want to hang onto Noah.

The Heat don't have a lot to offer unless the Raptors would be happy with Udonis Haslem (via sign-and-trade) and/or Michael Beasley.

The list, sources said, did not include any of the three teams in Bosh’s home state of Texas – the Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs -- nor did Bosh express interest in the up-and-coming Oklahoma City Thunder, as some thought he might.

This could come as especially bitter news to the Rockets, who sources say have a strong interest in Bosh and would be willing to offer the Raptors a number of players.

mogrovejo
05-21-2010, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't believe a single word out of that article. BS.

Kai
05-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Bosh's Agent Denies Giving Raptors List Of Teams

Henry Thomas, the agent for Chris Bosh, said that he has not given the Raptors a list of teams to which his client would be interested in a sign-and-trade deal.

"I haven't closed the door on anything," Thomas said. "I haven't given Bryan [Colangelo] any lists. There is no list. This is a process that is ongoing."

Thomas said that Bosh is currently considering his options.

"Why would I do that?" Thomas said about the wish list. "We're still in a process of evaluating a lot different situations."

Thomas also said that Bosh is not committed to a sign-and-trade deal.

"I can't tell you whether it's a priority or not. Is it going to be evaluated? Sure. It will be evaluated," Thomas said of a potential sign-and-trade transaction. "But whether it's a priority, we're still in a process of deciding what the priorities actually are."

Thomas spoke about the possibility of Bosh, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh meeting together prior to free-agency in order to determine their future.

"We haven't decided that yet," Thomas said. "I wouldn't be surprised, for sure, if the guys don't talk to themselves. But as far as there being this big pow-wow, where we're all going to get into a room, that hasn't been decided."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s052110,0,4558949.story

Venti Quattro
05-21-2010, 09:39 PM
As much as I like Bosh... no.

We will lose a lot of that size down low. Bosh likes playing outside; we already have several players who will do just that.

I've not yet given up hope for Bynum.

Lars
05-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Bosh's Agent Denies Giving Raptors List Of Teams

Henry Thomas, the agent for Chris Bosh, said that he has not given the Raptors a list of teams to which his client would be interested in a sign-and-trade deal.

"I haven't closed the door on anything," Thomas said. "I haven't given Bryan [Colangelo] any lists. There is no list. This is a process that is ongoing."

Thomas said that Bosh is currently considering his options.

"Why would I do that?" Thomas said about the wish list. "We're still in a process of evaluating a lot different situations."

Thomas also said that Bosh is not committed to a sign-and-trade deal.

"I can't tell you whether it's a priority or not. Is it going to be evaluated? Sure. It will be evaluated," Thomas said of a potential sign-and-trade transaction. "But whether it's a priority, we're still in a process of deciding what the priorities actually are."

Thomas spoke about the possibility of Bosh, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh meeting together prior to free-agency in order to determine their future.

"We haven't decided that yet," Thomas said. "I wouldn't be surprised, for sure, if the guys don't talk to themselves. But as far as there being this big pow-wow, where we're all going to get into a room, that hasn't been decided."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s052110,0,4558949.story

LOL and Colangelo is saying he has gotten a list.

WTF, the media is so fucking terrible.

badfish22
05-22-2010, 04:20 PM

Bosh is not in our plans.

Its more like:
:lmao houston not on the wish list.

djohn2oo8
05-22-2010, 04:21 PM

Its more like:

Reading comprehension, it was not the full list

Kai
05-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Bosh: Wish I may ...
Raps star makes it clear where he wants to go

By MIKE GANTER, Sun Media

Just when you think this Chris Bosh business is starting to clear up, the situation reverts right back to the unknown that it has been since he signed that contract extension back in 2006.

Late yesterday afternoon ESPN’s Chad Ford, who was in Chicago for the pre-draft workouts, filed a piece saying he had uncovered Bosh’s supposed list of trade partners he would agree to if the Raps and he part ways this summer. The list was supposedly provided by Bosh’s agent, Henry Thomas, and given to Raps GM Bryan Colangelo.

On that supposed list were five teams Bosh would consider playing for next season. They included the Raptors, the Chicago Bulls, the Los Angeles Lakers, the New York Knicks and the Miami Heat.

Turns out there is a list that Colangelo has, but it didn’t come from Thomas.

Last night, Thomas revealed he has never submitted a list to Colangelo like the one Ford described and never would.

“Why would I do that?” Thomas said to the Florida Sun-Sentinel’s Ira Winderman. “We’re still in a process of evaluating a lot different situations.”

According to Thomas, the whole Bosh scenario remains very much an on-going process and to limit himself to any number of teams would be counter productive.

“I haven’t closed the door on anything,” Thomas insisted. “I haven’t given Bryan any lists. There is no list. This is a process that is ongoing.”

There were other reports last night, though, of the existence of a longer list that is in the Raptors’ possession that lists trade partners that are acceptable to Bosh. The list is reportedly longer than the five names in the ESPN story.

Bosh can become a free agent June 30. If he opts to go that route he would forfeit approximately $30 million US on the kind of maximum deal only the Raptors can offer. In order to cash in on that kind of deal with another team, he would have to first sign with Toronto and then be traded within 48 hours.

Both Bosh and Colangelo in their season-ending meetings with the Toronto media made it very clear that the two have agreed, if Bosh does not stay in Toronto, the two sides will work in tandem to pull off a sign and trade.

It benefits Bosh because it allows him to leave while not having to forfeit any potential future income. It works in the Raptors’ favour because they can at least get something in return, something they won’t get if he just signs elsewhere.

Among the teams not on the ESPN list that are believed to be possible landing spots for the 26-year-old power forward are the Houston Rockets and the Oklahoma City Thunder.

There is also the very real chance that wherever Bosh winds up, assuming he leaves Toronto, he won’t be the only free agent coming.

The ESPN report suggested Bosh’s decision will be tied to wherever LeBron James winds up.

“If LeBron decides to go to either New York or Chicago, I think that’s where you’ll see Chris land,” a source told Ford. “If LeBron stays in Cleveland, I think the process is more wide open.”

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2010/05/21/14044471.html

djohn2oo8
05-22-2010, 04:30 PM
A party close to the situation said that while Colangelo has a list of potential trade partners acceptable to Bosh, the ESPN list was incomplete.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s052110,0,4558949.story?track=rss

Kai
05-22-2010, 04:32 PM
A party close to the situation said that while Colangelo has a list of potential trade partners acceptable to Bosh, the ESPN list was incomplete.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s052110,0,4558949.story?track=rss

Read post # 39

djohn2oo8
05-22-2010, 04:32 PM

Its more like:

Turns out there is a list that Colangelo has, but it didn’t come from Thomas.

Among the teams not on the ESPN list that are believed to be possible landing spots for the 26-year-old power forward are the Houston Rockets and the Oklahoma City Thunder.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2010/05/21/14044471.html

djohn2oo8
05-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Read post # 39

Yeah I saw it the first time, I posted it a second time so dumbfucks like badfish wouldn't have an excuse for looking past it

sefant77
05-22-2010, 04:34 PM
I got his wish list to his agent.

Dear Henry,

i would like to have next season:

[] a quailty hairdresser (dude, and not a blind one again)

[] a chef (im starving up here, everyday this pizza shit)

[] US-$ (that other money looks too weird)

[] a giraffe for my backyard

Seeya

Chris

TheManFromAcme
05-22-2010, 05:59 PM
As much as I like Bosh... no.

We will lose a lot of that size down low. Bosh likes playing outside; we already have several players who will do just that.I've not yet given up hope for Bynum.

Agreed.

With the current Laker line up, All the Lakers really need is a PRESENCE in the paint from Drew. Scoring is gravy from him but the roaming around the paint and his boards DO pay dividends and will pay with a line up the Celts have should we meet them.

I too, have not given up on Drew just yet.

duncan228
05-23-2010, 05:56 PM
More on the Bosh List, and the Impact LBJ's timing could have on Knicks (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/16132/more-on-the-bosh-list-and-the-impact-lbjs-timing-could-have-on-knicks)
LeBron's timing will impact a Bosh-Lee deal (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/54/the-bosh-list-and-how-lbjs-timing-could-impact-a-bosh-lee-deal)
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com

My ESPN colleague Chad Ford has broken the news that Chris Bosh has given the Toronto Raptors a list of four teams to which he would accept a sign-and-trade deal (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043), and the New York Knicks are on it (along with the Bulls, Lakers and Heat).

And as of now, May 23, one would have to consider the Knicks the favorites because they would be willing to offer more, barring a Lakers flameout in the playoffs, than any of those other teams.

That more, of course, is power forward David Lee, who Toronto would gladly take on in a sign-and-trade.

But it isn't going to be all that easy, and the reason is timing.

As Ford notes in his news item and subsequent blog entry (http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/16112/the-bosh-wish-list), Bosh's decision will be heavily influenced by LeBron James' decision on where he decides to play. And since James is on record saying he is not going to rush things (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=sheridanlbj-091107) when it comes time to make his decision after the free agency wooing period opens on July 1, trouble could be a'brewing.

Let's say 12:01 a.m. arrives on July 1, and Knicks, Heat and Bulls are all able to make their initial pitches before the sun comes up. Presumably, James would tell the Knicks who he would want to play alongside him, and if James asks for Bosh, the Knicks really have no choice but to go along.

So the Knicks would then go and speak to Lee, telling him they are willing to sign him to a six-year deal with a $10 million starting salary and 10.5 percent annual raises, which would add up to nearly $76 million, and then trade him to Toronto for Bosh.

And let's go ahead and postulate that the Knicks and Raptors would have the parameters of that deal agreed to by 5 p.m. on July 1.

That's where it gets tricky.

Let's say James -- he of the "I'm not going to rush it" quote -- decides he wants to take 48 to 72 hours to make up his mind, putting the Bosh-Lee deal in limbo. After all, if Bosh wants to hitch his wagon to James, and James ultimately decides he wants to play for Miami, Bosh is going to want to finagle a way to South Beach, too.

That would kill the Lee-Bosh deal -- if it hasn't already been killed by circumstances entirely out of the Knicks control.

Because even if the James signing goes into a 72-hour limbo, the courtship of Lee will not.

And by the time 12:01 a.m. hits on July 2, it is entirely possible Lee will have another offer sitting on the table from one of the several other teams with plenty of cap space, and one of those teams may be willing to go a lot higher than a $10 million starting salary.

Take, for example, the New Jersey Nets, whose new owner said Wednesday that one of the team's two greatest needs for the upcoming season is a power forward to play alongside Brook Lopez (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=Prokhorov-100519).

Imagine the Nets told Lee: "Look, David. We are willing to give you a five-year contract with a $13 million starting salary with 8 percent annual raises (which adds up to $75.4 million), but we need an answer in the next hour. You going to take it? Or leave it?" (The Phoenix Suns made such an ultimatum in 2004 when they signed Steve Nash away from the Dallas Mavericks).

At that point the Knicks whole grand plan could explode, because if Lee bolts without doing a sign-and-trade, the Knicks would have a greatly reduced shot at getting Bosh (who wants the $30 million extra he would earn from doing a sign-and-trade rather than just signing outright with an under-the-cap team).

And if the possibility of acquiring Bosh is suddenly off the table, James might decide his best chance to win would not be in New York.

Again, it all comes down to James' timetable. But a source close to Lee has made it clear that he will not be held hostage by the NBA's free agent alpha domino, which means Knicks fans should not only be hoping James chooses New York, but that he does so quickly.