PDA

View Full Version : Larry Flynt Strikes Again: Was John Bolton A Swinger?

Nbadan
05-11-2005, 01:38 PM
The controversial Hustler Magazine publisher Larry Flynt has waded into the conflict surrounding the nomination of Bush hawk John Bolton to a UN post by revealing Bolton's divorce records and unanswered questions about his sexual past, RAW STORY has learned.

The following release was issued early this afternoon. We will be publishing excerpts of the Bolton divorce record shortly.

The records show that Bolton's wife left him during a trip to Vienna in two weeks in 1982 and never returned. The records further show that she took most of the couple’s furniture.

From Mr. Flynt's release:

Corroborated allegations that Mr. Bolton’s first wife, Christina Bolton, was forced to engage in group sex have not been refuted by the State Department despite inquires posed by Hustler magazine publisher Larry Flynt concerning the allegations. Mr. Flynt has obtained information from numerous sources that Mr. Bolton participated in paid visits to Plato’s Retreat, the popular swingers club that operated in New York City in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

“The first Mrs. Bolton’s conduct raises the presumption that she fled out of fear for her safety or, at a minimum, it demonstrates that Mr. Bolton’s established inability to communicate or work respectfully with others extended to his intimate family relations,” said Mr. Flynt. “The court records alone provide sufficient basis for further investigation of nominee Bolton by the Senate.” These court records are enclosed here as an attachment. Mr. Flynt continued, “The U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations must be free of any potential source of disrepute or blackmail.”

RAWSTORY (http://rawstory.com/exclusives/byrne/larry_flynt_bolton_511)

Nbadan
05-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Maybe someone passed this article to Flynt?

What happened to the first wife, Christine Bolton?

I have not spoken to Christine, but she seems to be a non-entity in the many proliferating Bolton profiles, but at the same time she is clearly a well-thought of person and friend to some of Washington's most distinguished personalities. I have dozens of messages from people noting what a wonderful person she is, and in sort of a hush-hush, you-know-what-I-mean, kind of tone, these friends of the first Mrs. Bolton imply a brutal, complicated, abusive marriage.

I want to know more of the facts because if Mr. Bolton has had a hard time controlling himself over the years, the evidence might reveal itself in his first marriage to a woman who was also a professional and who apparently worked at the Department of Commerce.

Bolton's supporters are increasingly on the far right -- the very moralistic, intolerant political right. Bolton rose through Republican ranks working both for Jesse Helms and Paul Laxalt, the late Republican Senator from Nevada who was once Ronald Reagan's best friend. Bolton allegedly dated Laxalt's daughter, and made his way into Reagan's world while at the same time tethering himself to Jesse Helms' influence in the Republican party.

But at this time when the hyper-conservative John Bolton was developing his political base, he was also allegedly involved in somewhat risque private behavior -- that I hesitate to say more about here. Those close to his former wife have alluded to it, and I believe that the Morally Intolerant Right Wing of the Republican circuit that is now pushing hard for John Bolton would back off if details of Bolton's off-line behavior that involved his then wife were known.

The problem that the White House faces with Mr. Bolton is that he has now become a known face, remembered, and those with memories of him and his past are out there.

I'm not going to say more about this now. If I have stumbled across these stories, others have as well -- and I have worked hard to validate that there was something real to them and have learned that to be the case.

We all have closets with messy stories in them. I do too. Bolton seems to have more than most -- and this alone should not be held against him. He is just not the sort of person with impeccable credentials whom we should be sending to the highly visible and important post as Ambassador to the U.N.

The personal stories abounding in the press now are an effort to white-wash some of the concerns about and "humanize" the Bolton we have seen operating the last four years in the Bush foreign policy team. But if personal tributes are going to start abounding, then the picture needs to be complete.

The media should investigate questions about his first wife, their marriage, and what some of their friends consider to be quite cruel treatment by him of their relationship. This is a story that others should pursue. I cannot.

My opposition to John Bolton remains one over intellectual and policy differences about America's role in the world and the importance of reforming and building a United Nations that works given 21st century realities. I have other serious concerns and misgivings about Bolton in this role as well.

I would like to leave the personal out of these matters -- but unfortunately, Bolton's advocates are moving the agenda outside the question of his irresponsible and ill-advised policy crusades to something else. And that is dangerous territory.

-- Steve Clemons,The Washington Note (http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/000545.html)

Useruser666
05-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Is this really important?

Nbadan
05-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Is this really important?

You might want to ask SW. :lol

It is important to Republicans.

Spurminator
05-11-2005, 02:43 PM
This is certain to turn the ultra-religious-Hustler-reader wing of the Republican Party against Bolton. When those people find this startling revelation between pages of naked women pissing in each other's mouths, they are sure to be outraged at Bolton's lack of moral fortitude.

I expect this to be in the news for minutes, even hours.

Clandestino
05-11-2005, 02:54 PM
this is so relevant to his work...

xrayzebra
05-11-2005, 03:25 PM
nbadan......for goodness sake, get a life. You do get tiresome. You know you
can mow someones lawn or clean up the poor areas or ride on Nelson's bike paths.

Nbadan
05-11-2005, 04:49 PM
this is so relevant to his work...

Funny how when Rushbo and Insannity and all the other conservative pundits talked about Clinton's blowjob, the Corporate media couldn't whore themselves fast enough to cover the story. For two years while we should have been concentrating on slowing the growth of Islamic terrorists, all the media could talk about was Monica Lewingski, but one gay 'fake' reporter who visited the WH daily, even on days when there were no press conference, and a UN Ambassador candidate who 'allegedly' participated in group sex with his wife later, and hardly a peep from the whore media.

violentkitten
05-11-2005, 05:00 PM
why politics is a waste of time part ccmxxiv

Spurminator
05-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Funny how when Rushbo and Insannity and all the other conservative pundits talked about Clinton's blowjob, the Corporate media couldn't whore themselves fast enough to cover the story.

Funny how you guys bitched about it at the time, and are now resorting to the same tactics... albeit without any actual crime involved.

exstatic
05-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Actually, the blowjob wasn't a crime.

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If you are going to be the party of "values", you'd better get used to the microscope. Taking that values line exposes you to crap that wouldn't otherwise matter, but does, because you've previously said it did.

If this is true, he's as done as Ryan was in Illinois or Kerak was for Homeland Security. Why do these fucking people think that this won't come up? I think that this level of stupidity and naivete alone is reason enough to quash the nomination.

Clandestino
05-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Funny how when Rushbo and Insannity and all the other conservative pundits talked about Clinton's blowjob, the Corporate media couldn't whore themselves fast enough to cover the story. For two years while we should have been concentrating on slowing the growth of Islamic terrorists, all the media could talk about was Monica Lewingski, but one gay 'fake' reporter who visited the WH daily, even on days when there were no press conference, and a UN Ambassador candidate who 'allegedly' participated in group sex with his wife later, and hardly a peep from the whore media.

i wasn't posting here during that time, but i thought that was bullshit too. i voted for fucking clinton...

Spurminator
05-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Actually, the blowjob wasn't a crime.

No shit.

BronxCowboy
05-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Honestly, there are much more serious reasons why Bolton should never be ambassador to the UN. This is going to matter to anybody (Not that Clinton's philandering should have, either).

scott
05-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Listen... if I ever get a blowjob in the oval office there had better damn well be major network coverage of it. I'd have just gotten a BLOWJOB in the OVAL OFFICE for Pete's sake...

Spurminator
05-11-2005, 09:13 PM
:lol