PDA

View Full Version : So Many Theories...

BadMotorscooter
05-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Trade this guy....trade that guy. Cut him....fire him...Lets rely on the Draft. Lets get a monster in free agency.

In all reality we just need a defensive stopper like Raja Bell and a Center to control the paint like Shaq...or an outside threat like Brad Miller. If we were to land Bell and Miller and our # 20 pick....I think that would be a successful off season.

Gagnrath
05-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Shaq can't control the lane in the NBA anymore, he has one good game in 10.

Bell is a possibility but he's not exactly a stopper without a fairly quick shotblocker guarding the paint.

spursfan1000
05-21-2010, 09:42 PM
No, Spurs shouldent try to get older in getting Bell or Brad Miller, somehow some way we need to find a way to get younger, or else we even more screwed 5 years down the road from now.

BadMotorscooter
05-21-2010, 09:56 PM
No, Spurs shouldent try to get older in getting Bell or Brad Miller, somehow some way we need to find a way to get younger, or else we even more screwed 5 years down the road from now.

I'm with ya, man. But we have to give Timmy every opportunity to win another title. Even if it means bringing in old Vets. Just look at Boston. Is there anyone here who wouldnt give up the future for just 1 more ring? I would. I'll gladly go through 10 years of mediocrity, if it means we get ring #5 next year. Lets go for broke.

Agloco
05-21-2010, 10:38 PM

Miller is a proven playoff performer and all around tough presence that the Spurs needed this year. I've often considered Bonner to be "Miller Lite".

Having said that, his contract is bad, real bad. I think he's overpaid.

Bell? No way. He's already 35 and injuries are creeping up on him. If this was 5-6 years ago, I'd probably say hell yeah.

Who the Spurs needs is someone like a Battier (again, a contract thats a bit pricey)....or Jeffries, both languishing in Houston. I'm not up to speed on Jeffries' contract though.

Mel_13
05-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Miller is a proven playoff performer and all around tough presence that the Spurs needed this year. I've often considered Bonner to be "Miller Lite".

Having said that, his contract is bad, real bad. I think he's overpaid.

Bell? No way. He's already 35 and injuries are creeping up on him. If this was 5-6 years ago, I'd probably say hell yeah.

Who the Spurs needs is someone like a Battier (again, a contract thats a bit pricey)....or Jeffries, both languishing in Houston. I'm not up to speed on Jeffries' contract though.

Miller is an unrestricted FA.

Agree on Bell and Battier.

Jeffries has one year at 6.9M, grossly overpaid IMO.

Big P
05-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Are you serious? You think that bell & shaq are going to put us over the top?:lmao

Agloco
05-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Miller is an unrestricted FA.

Agree on Bell and Battier.

Jeffries has one year at 6.9M, grossly overpaid IMO.

I thought he was extended last year? I've got him mixed up with someone else then.

Agree on Jeffries.

BadMotorscooter
05-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Are you serious? You think that bell & shaq are going to put us over the top?:lmao

So what do you suggest? LeBron...Wade...Amare? :lol

We are limited in our choices. No cap space, slick. So lets hear your solution. Then I can laugh at it. Or do you have the guts?

BackHome
05-22-2010, 01:44 AM
Our only solution is that we get Splitter who is going to take most of our MLE and then have a good draft. After that and depending who we draft we get we get rid of Mason, Bogans, and look at trading Bonner and Ian for either draft picks or players.

We need to bring into camp nando and victor who are probably better options then Hairston and Gee. I like Temple he will be a good backup at pg and sg.

8FOR!3
05-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Ya'll don't even want to be bringing up Jarred Jeffries. He's horrid and you're lucky if he puts up Bogans-like numbers some nights. I'm talking about a guy who's capable of putting up straight 0's across the board in 10 minutes and still manage three turnovers and one foul.

Horse
05-22-2010, 12:09 PM
No one needs or wants shaq the fat piece of shit!

Big P
05-22-2010, 12:18 PM
So what do you suggest? LeBron...Wade...Amare? :lol

We are limited in our choices. No cap space, slick. So lets hear your solution. Then I can laugh at it. Or do you have the guts?

Here's my suggestion, quit trying to act like you know what the FO is going to do, none of us do...how limited are we? Let's see, rj's expiring, tp's expiring, a euro or 2, the mle, the lle, the 20th pick...yeah, were looking pretty limited, lets go ahead & get a fat ass that is over the hill & DONE, so he can play 15 minutes a night...that will put us over the top...or maybe we can spend the money on bell, a guy who played a whopping 6 games last year.

I suggest reading more, posting less.

Ditty
05-22-2010, 12:36 PM
the only way we get a defense stopper is if we trade for battier or ariza in houston and doubt that happens espically with a divison rival and them asking for maybe our 1st round pick this year I can think of anyone else who is tradeable thats a good defender..raja bell has been done since 2008 and was overrated defensivly..hairston and temple are our only hopes next year year will be a stopper on our team..temple reminds me alot of doug christie and hairston is quick for a stocky guy and has the figure to be a shut down defender he just needs that expirence and has already prooved he can score in the nba...shaq is not what we need haywood would be nice but I dont think he will come here hopefully splitter can give us a big down low and maybe spurs can land frye somehow on my wishlist to replace bonner

NFGIII
05-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Our only solution is that we get Splitter who is going to take most of our MLE and then have a good draft. After that and depending who we draft we get we get rid of Mason, Bogans, and look at trading Bonner and Ian for either draft picks or players.

We need to bring into camp nando and victor who are probably better options then Hairston and Gee. I like Temple he will be a good backup at pg and sg.

I agree about Splitter. He needs to come over and plug the 4/5 hole and give TD much needed support in the paint and some extended rest periods if possible.

I don't know about De Colo or Victor though. They may get an invite but that depends on their contractual situations - I admit I don't know the extent of them. And Victor seems to be hanging by a thread in Europe. He seems to have not made that much of an impact IIRC.

Bruno and Co. - we need your Euro input here!

RMJ, Bogans, Bonner asd Ian are all UFAs so they can walk without the Spurs "getting rid" of them. And you can't trade UFAs. So Bonner and Ian can't be traded unless the Spurs sign them to new contracts this summer. Signing Bonner is a possibility but Ian will either be asked back to TC without a contract or has already been written off as a bust.

I expect for Gee, Temple, Jerrells, Hairston, Gist (maybe - 50/50), and Hairston all to be in camp fighting it out. Those not making the cut will be sent to the Toros for more seasoning if eligible.

BadMotorscooter
05-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Here's my suggestion, quit trying to act like you know what the FO is going to do, none of us do...how limited are we? Let's see, rj's expiring, tp's expiring, a euro or 2, the mle, the lle, the 20th pick...yeah, were looking pretty limited, lets go ahead & get a fat ass that is over the hill & DONE, so he can play 15 minutes a night...that will put us over the top...or maybe we can spend the money on bell, a guy who played a whopping 6 games last year.

I suggest reading more, posting less.

I suggest you grow up and learn more about the business. You obviously dont have a clue.

NewJerSpur
05-22-2010, 10:12 PM
I say we trade both this guy AND that guy.....one of them has to yield a fruitful crop of talent.

I may be late in this aspect of the general discussion, but when exactly can we begin to learn the real direction of the Splitter situation? (I'm asking about that seriously)

Tito_Trinidad
05-22-2010, 11:06 PM
trade here, trade there, trade this, trade that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are still millionaires laughing loud on us with or without RINGS.

duhoh
05-22-2010, 11:27 PM
way to raise the bar.

lol people acting like they're GMs, and ostracizing those who disagree.

i honestly would like to see outlaw and kaman pulled over, but i haven't looked up any contract info.

battier would instantly make the perimeter defense solid.

dbestpro
05-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Each year there are several players in the NBA who played limited minutes the year prior who make a significant contribution the next year. So, the question is who will make the surprise move up and can the Spurs find one of them?

MateoNeygro
05-23-2010, 12:43 AM

I agree for the most part. However, I've read that Victor isn't an NBA level player.

cheney212
05-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Trade this guy....trade that guy. Cut him....fire him...Lets rely on the Draft. Lets get a monster in free agency.

In all reality we just need a defensive stopper like Raja Bell and a Center to control the paint like Shaq...or an outside threat like Brad Miller. If we were to land Bell and Miller and our # 20 pick....I think that would be a successful off season.
r u high? that would be a terrible offseason, Shaq!?, Bell!?, and Miller!? :lol:shootme

rayray2k8
05-23-2010, 12:57 AM
It's the offseason, what did you expect?

cutewizard
05-23-2010, 01:16 AM
1. First things first, we get TIAGO SPITTER HERE!!!!

2. Next, we draft a talented, skilled player at number 20. We need an outstanding rookie, someone who can help right away.

3. Next, we need Hill and Blair to have monstrous offseason skill development programs. What i mean is they must IMPROVE AND UPGRADE THEIR SKILL SETS. They need to add new moves to their game.

4. Next, get skilled free agents, tough competitiors.

5. Scour the international market for skilled cagers who may be available.

6. Get back up bigs.

7. TRAIN, TRAIN, TRAIN, TRAIN, TRAIN.

cutewizard
05-23-2010, 01:17 AM
correction, Tiago Splitter.