PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs need Al Jefferson, bad

thedong
05-21-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm a Mavs fan. And since we're getting King James, the Spurs must counter by trading for Al Jefferson.

The guy is an buy low situation atm, he is the perfect fit with Duncan. He is only about 25/26 years old.

He would be instantly your 1st option on offense.

Trade
Richard Jefferson
George Hill
Draft Picks

for Al Jefferson.

Why for the Wolves, they get a 2 guard with Hill, another wing with Jefferson(2 year left in his contract I believe), plus they might be drafting Demarcus Cousins, a more natural center, who fits with Kevin Love.

Wolves:
Cousins
Love
Jefferson/Brewer
George
Flynn/Rubio

Spurs:
Duncan/Splitter
Jefferson/Blaire
Josh Howard??? with part of the MLE
Ginobli
Parker

I like the big men rotation, definitely enough depth to compete against the Lakers, probably not enough with the Mavs King James and Dirk.

spursfan1000
05-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I would love for the Spurs to get Al Jefferson but not for the expence of George Hill Richard Jefferson and draft picks. I don't see Spurs attempting to get Al jeff this off season. Josh Howard for the MLE, LOL no way, Spurs don't want that trash on this team, plus he probably hates the Spurs.

IceColdBrewski
05-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Why do you have the Spurs listed as your team if you're a mavs fan?

tdunk21
05-21-2010, 09:43 PM
are u high....who said mavs are gettin lebron......hahahahahahaha

thanx btw for the stupid al jefferson suggestion coz wolves have to be on drugs like u trade al.....but maybe since u r mav fan...worry about them and stop dreamin about getting lebron.....:lol

spursfan1000
05-21-2010, 09:44 PM
are u high....who said mavs are gettin lebron......hahahahahahaha

:lol Mark Cuban

Agloco
05-21-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm a Mavs fan. And since we're getting King James, the Spurs must counter by trading for Al Jefferson.

:rolleyes Al Jefferson eh? :rolleyes

He would be instantly your 1st option on offense.

:lmao

Trade
Richard Jefferson
George Hill
Draft Picks

for Al Jefferson.

All of them?!?!? :wow :lmao

Spurs:
Duncan/Splitter
Jefferson/Blaire
Josh Howard??? with part of the MLE
Ginobli
Parker

You have Howard down as getting the MLE...... what exactly are we giving Splitter again? :lol:lol:lol

I like the big men rotation, definitely enough depth to compete against the Lakers, probably not enough with the Mavs King James and Dirk.

:tu Yeah you guys will definitely be hanging #3 at the ACC next year. Can't wait to catch a game with the "King in Blue". :lmao:lmao:lmao

galvatron3000
05-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Spurs destroyed the Mavs this season, we don't need them telling us how to do front office stuff. Perhaps they can learn a thing or two from us like not letting Devin Harris go and keeping Howard, well maybe not keeping Howard.

LOL!!!!!!!!!

spursfaninla
05-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Dallas gets James in an alternate reality where Dallas won the championship twice already, and is going for number 3.

Big Al is a great 1-way post player, not really a need since Splitter and Blair can give that. We need a very good defensive big. The anti-Jefferson.

Mel_13
05-21-2010, 10:10 PM
he is the perfect fit with Duncan.

:lol

Steve-O-Matic
05-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Mavs have absolutely no shot at getting Lebron because they have absolutely nothing the Cavs would want in return other than Roddy Beaubois, which obviously isn't even close to being enough. Dream on.

BadMotorscooter
05-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Mavs arent getting LeBron...but since its fantasy land...the Spurs need to get Bosh, Wade,Rose, and Kobe. That has as much chance as Dallas getting LeBron.

murpjf88
05-22-2010, 12:26 AM
This isn't a knock on the Newbies, but why the hell are 90% of these ridiculous threads started by posters with less than 300 posts?

NO THANKS to Al Jefferson! Especially at the expense of Hill. But I can certainly see your reasoning behind trading Hill seeing as how he torched your Mavs.

King James has made it abundantly clear that he wants to go somewhere he can win. I guess that would eliminate the Mavs right there seeing as how they are a colossal train wreck and are in no way, shape or form in any condition to compete for a championship anytime soon. If Lebron has proven anything in his seven years in the league, and much to the chagrin of Mavs fans, is that he can't guarantee a championship.

Bob Lanier
05-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Al Jefferson and Duncan might be worse defensively than Antoine Jamison and Shaq.

angelbelow
05-22-2010, 03:08 AM
lol this is horrible

UnWantedTheory
05-22-2010, 03:31 AM
I am assuming by others reactions that Al J is not a good defender?

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2010, 04:33 AM
This isn't a knock on the Newbies, but why the hell are 90% of these ridiculous threads started by posters with less than 300 posts?

NO THANKS to Al Jefferson! Especially at the expense of Hill. But I can certainly see your reasoning behind trading Hill seeing as how he torched your Mavs.

King James has made it abundantly clear that he wants to go somewhere he can win. I guess that would eliminate the Mavs right there seeing as how they are a colossal train wreck and are in no way, shape or form in any condition to compete for a championship anytime soon. If Lebron has proven anything in his seven years in the league, and much to the chagrin of Mavs fans, is that he can't guarantee a championship.

:lol, some quality anger..

MaNu4Tres
05-22-2010, 04:49 AM

:lol

:toast

sananspursfan21
05-22-2010, 10:51 AM
i'd like that, oh wait, but not for george hill

Spursfan092120
05-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Why is this thread still not locked?

E-RockWill
05-22-2010, 05:28 PM
IBTL, sons.....

50 cent
05-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Cuban's retarded ass was fined $100k today for tampering by speaking about the LBJ situation.

What an idiot.

MateoNeygro
05-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Wouldn't mind having Al but not if it means getting rid of Hill. I sure as hell want to get rid of our other less than productive Jefferson dude is a bust.

cheney212
05-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Al Jefferson and Duncan might be worse defensively than Antoine Jamison and Shaq.
Duncan isnt a horrible defender......hes just declined some

quentin_compson
05-24-2010, 05:13 AM
Duncan isnt a horrible defender......hes just declined some

Yeah, but Al comes pretty close to being horrible.

easy7
05-24-2010, 06:47 AM
If we are going to be moving on up, then we need George Jefferson. :hat

hater
05-24-2010, 10:10 AM
another Jefferson? how many jeffersons is it gonna take?