PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Landis outs Armstrong?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-22-2010, 05:57 AM
What do you guys think? Did Armstrong cheat?

sonic21
05-22-2010, 06:08 AM
I think you'd have to be pretty naive to believe that the majority of professional cyclists - and in particular grand tour cyclists - have not used PEDs at some point in their career. It's been part of the culture of the sport almost since it's inception.

Bukefal
05-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Ive said this in the other forum too.

All cyclists use doping. It's just about those who get caught. Normally they don't get caught and it's not so hard to hide it, the ones who get caught made some stupid mistake in hiding it and that's why it comes out. But, everyone and really everyone of the big cyclists are using doping.

This sport is ruined, it's such a shame.

dickface
05-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Not saying Lance is clean, but he hasn't exactly had flattering things to say about Floyd Landis in the past. Floyd "outing" Lance could just be retaliation for that.

dickface
05-22-2010, 08:11 AM
also, why is it that foreigners are so obsessed with outing Lance as a cheater? I don't see the same fervor to out Jan Ullrich.

jack sommerset
05-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Tested more than any man and not one positive test back. He is clean until proven otherwise.

boutons_deux
05-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Landis lies about himself for 4 years, and now he's to be believed about Lance?

Whisky Dog
05-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Landis has the credibility of a con man, but in my personal opinion a vast majority of cyclists have ridden dirty, and that would most probably include Lance. Still, if most everyone is doping then the playing field is still fairly even, and winning 7 consecutive strolls across France is an impressive accomplishment.

Bukefal
05-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Landis probably has its own sneaky reasons for accusing armstrong of course, but still, don't think that lance doesnt use doping.

He does, they all do, he like 99% of the rest don't get caught. Only 1% gets caught. The only thing why people are not likely to believe he uses it, is because of his image. The hero who battled cancer. Nobody expects it from him.

It's not the question 'who uses it' but it's the question 'who get's caught'.

samikeyp
05-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Tested more than any man and not one positive test back. He is clean until proven otherwise.

This.

I'm not so naive to believe that there is a 100% guarantee that Armstrong didn't use because unless you see the test results you can't be sure. However, its also not naive to want proof. To this point, there has been no proof that Armstrong has used any thing illegal. Could the tests be fudged? Sure....but they could just as easily be accurate and he could have been clean. I can say Lance is clean or I can say he is dirty but I don't have access to the actual drug tests so what I...or anyone else here...has to say is opinion, not fact.